AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-03, 08:09   Link #961
Romanticide

Oh. Is Shinobu's other name written with first name, middle (if it could be considered that ), then last? I read in Kizu how some people call her Ms. Heart-under-Blade.....
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 10:16   Link #962
Wigwams

when they traveled back in time, did shinobu remain as shinobu? or did she turn back to her adult form. and the shinobu in the altered time, was she loli or adult?
Old 2011-04-03, 13:48   Link #963
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
Oh. Is Shinobu's other name written with first name, middle (if it could be considered that ), then last? I read in Kizu how some people call her Ms. Heart-under-Blade.....
We don't know for sure which way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
when they traveled back in time, did shinobu remain as shinobu? or did she turn back to her adult form. and the shinobu in the altered time, was she loli or adult?
Our Shinobu traveled between the ages of 8-14 during the course of the novel if I remember correctly. There were various reason why she switched between. As for Kissshot X she was adult all the way because when Araragi X died she became full-powered again.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 15:50   Link #964
Romanticide

I just re-read the first page of this thread, and it said some girl called Shinobu old? Can someone tell me what transpired after that?
Old 2011-04-03, 23:21   Link #965
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
I just re-read the first page of this thread, and it said some girl called Shinobu old? Can someone tell me what transpired after that?
That girl was called Ononoki Yotsugi and she's a god-like Kaii that was once a human but was revived. Anyways she called Shinobu old during their first meeting and Shinobu was relatively ticked off. However since they were in public and Tsukihi was being attacked at the time so she had to play nice. When she and Araragi confronted Yotsugi and Yozuru at the ruins she challenged Yotsugi to a fight and she literally beat her into a bloody pulp.
Old 2011-04-04, 08:20   Link #966
Shadow5YA

I feel that Mayoi Jiangshi should be renamed to Shinobu Time.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 05:20   Link #967
Romanticide

Well, it still did have to do with Mayoi. Even if a little bit.
Old 2011-04-07, 11:40   Link #968
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Spoilers for Hana
Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-07, 21:33   Link #969
Romanticide

What's that mean though? In context?
Old 2011-04-07, 22:35   Link #970
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
What's that mean though? In context?
I haven't read the book myself but from what I can tell Araragi REALLY wants to molest Karen. I remember that there was something mentioned about Araragi stripping Karen naked.
Old 2011-04-07, 23:43   Link #971
Used Can

He should try the tooth-brushing tactic again, and make sure no one else is at his house.
Old 2011-04-08, 11:14   Link #972
Otrebla

hi ppl. im new at this. ive been reading you discussion for a while. well, only the bake-kizu parts coz i dont read jap. and i havent read the other novels and i dont like spoilers, still i read how araragi turned into a molester. lol

i personally dont like that change. before he was like a "normal" person, thinking of naughty things but supressing them (read the spoiler if you read bakemonogatari or watched the anime)
Spoiler for tsubasa cat+hachikuji:

i dont know if he uses his super-pervert powers in kizumonogatari chaps 16 and 17. and thats where my question comes. is there any plan to finish the translation in bakatsuki or any other site...? the last chaps were being published like once every 3 months. thats why im asking.

hope i dont bug you guys.
Spoiler for concerning the rules::
Otrebla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 11:34   Link #973
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otrebla View Post
hi ppl. im new at this. ive been reading you discussion for a while. well, only the bake-kizu parts coz i dont read jap. and i havent read the other novels and i dont like spoilers, still i read how araragi turned into a molester. lol

i personally dont like that change. before he was like a "normal" person, thinking of naughty things but supressing them (read the spoiler if you read bakemonogatari or watched the anime)
Spoiler for tsubasa cat+hachikuji:

i dont know if he uses his super-pervert powers in kizumonogatari chaps 16 and 17. and thats where my question comes. is there any plan to finish the translation in bakatsuki or any other site...? the last chaps were being published like once every 3 months. thats why im asking.

hope i dont bug you guys.
Spoiler for concerning the rules::
Sorry to break this to you but Araragi is a natural pervert, but it does get relatively worst during Nise and sorta in Kuro.

As for the translations they are being done by Shikijin. Also one thing I want to mention is that I seriously discourage anyone from reading chapter 18 that is on Baka-Tsuki. The thing clearly hasn't been proofread and is filled with grammar mistakes left and right. I just don't think you should ruin your reading of the ending because some guy didn't bother to put any effort into it. With that being said I'm pretty sure it wasn't done by Shikijin and definitely wasn't done by me.
Old 2011-04-08, 12:02   Link #974
Otrebla

yeah, i havent read chap 18....its like watching a trilogy without the 2nd chap...hahaha. good to know that i shouldnt read it.

i know he is a pervert, but just your "regular" pervert...not a real harm to society or a taboo-breaker (molest your younger sister? come on...). i dont like how exxxagerated it got in the later novels (which i havent read, ive only read your posts in this forum)

btw, once chaps 16 and 17 are done, do you guys plan to edit it/rewrite 18? i know im asking too much and i read somewhere in this place that it takes like 30 hours to write a decent translation on a regular chap (thanks nisio for using these complicated japanes jokes hahahaha)

good to know these chaps are in someones to-do list. =)
Old 2011-04-08, 12:33   Link #975
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otrebla View Post
yeah, i havent read chap 18....its like watching a trilogy without the 2nd chap...hahaha. good to know that i shouldnt read it.

i know he is a pervert, but just your "regular" pervert...not a real harm to society or a taboo-breaker (molest your younger sister? come on...). i dont like how exxxagerated it got in the later novels (which i havent read, ive only read your posts in this forum)

btw, once chaps 16 and 17 are done, do you guys plan to edit it/rewrite 18? i know im asking too much and i read somewhere in this place that it takes like 30 hours to write a decent translation on a regular chap (thanks nisio for using these complicated japanes jokes hahahaha)

good to know these chaps are in someones to-do list. =)
Well, to be fair he doesn't actually have any taboo feelings for Karen or Tsukihi which was made clear in Nise 2. He just thinks they are the cutest little sisters ever and he express his love by feeling them up.

The toothbrush thing on the other hand.....
Old 2011-04-09, 04:20   Link #976
Shikijin

I certify that chapter 18 of kizu on baka-tsuki wasn't done by me. Checking the page's history, it seems it was done by a certain "LiTTleDRAgo". I hoped I just needed to check some points, but since omimon says it is bad then I will write my own version, and I will post it here together with chapter 17. Rest assured that I am still working on the translation, I am just taking it more slowly for the time being. By the way, the 16th chapter is also over 40 pages long.

About Araragi, it varies according to the girls, for example with Sengoku he is totally pure, even oblivious. His sisters are a special case.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 12:14   Link #977
Otrebla

aye aye matey, good to hear yer working on it XD (sorry, just watched pirates of the caribbean)

thank you for answering.
Old 2011-04-10, 01:10   Link #978
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

When is the Tooth Brushing scene ever gonna get translated !

:Perverted Face:
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 01:37   Link #979
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
When is the Tooth Brushing scene ever gonna get translated !

:Perverted Face:
Tooth brushing scene? I did that back in ancient times already. Check page 17 of this thread. You were there during that time.
Old 2011-04-10, 19:30   Link #980
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Tooth brushing scene? I did that back in ancient times already. Check page 17 of this thread. You were there during that time.
Wow.. I feel old suddenly.

I forgot. Lol damn... I love this thread. Thanks for remindin me
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance