AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-05-01, 05:54   Link #2941
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The land of tempura
I don't know if everyone's seen this yet:

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection PV
__________________
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 11:43   Link #2942
Fairy Water
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I don't know if everyone's seen this yet:

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection PV
This looks.... fake? I know it's from Sunrise but we r in 2017 and the quality looks like 2000s and the dead princess is still there

I though it was a recap movie some sort.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 11:53   Link #2943
Akashin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
We're getting both. First we're getting recap movies, then a sequel series. This was a PV for the latter, if the Shinkiro with Energy Wings didn't make that obvious.

And which dead princess? I didn't see Euphie anywhere, and Cornelia was still very much alive at the end of R2.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 12:20   Link #2944
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 28
I'm still curious what format this will take. I think I'd prefer something on the shorter side honestly. 26-26 episodes at most, but I guess it will depend on the format this takes.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 14:22   Link #2945
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
This looks.... fake? I know it's from Sunrise but we r in 2017 and the quality looks like 2000s and the dead princess is still there

I though it was a recap movie some sort.
No, it's very real.
I know it is hard to believe, but it looks like the cart-driver may have actually been Lelouch (uhg! ) and so now we're going to get a series that involves events after R2.
How they're going to pull this off I don't know (I assume that Lelouch either faked his death, had a code, or gets resurrected), but we'll have to wait and see what Sunrise has in store for us.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 15:19   Link #2946
Ravagerblade
The Fearless
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: "United" States
HAHA I wished Euphemia came back alive somehow myself. But like somebody else said she wasn't seen, Cornelia never died, Though I'm hyped just seeing her. Just hope there's nothing between her and Gilbert. Never liked that relationship. lol Just being a Loyal Knight is what works best imo.
__________________


“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-02, 11:27   Link #2947
Fairy Water
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
So Cornelia is still alive... That's really a surprise news for me
I hope the actually animation will look better. It feels like they already planned for this third season long ago but dropped it and now picked it up. That could explain the low quality.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-02, 14:28   Link #2948
rinichan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
This was a hint 4 years ago..... (PD: Nunnaly in wonderland)




This was a clue way back 2009, the rumor where the emperors supposedly body was in damocles started in this picture drama Kiseki no Tanjobi, this is the scene after the dream, Suzaku looks at the sun...

This is the actual scene from the last ep, moments before that orange is looking at the sky (sun -damocles) while at a farm...


So on both scenarios both Suzaku and Orange have no idea about the code... Thats what I think...

I think only CC knows....
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-09, 11:20   Link #2949
kipzizz
Nobody Taught Us To Quit.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: somewhere in europe with lots of sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
No, it's very real.
I know it is hard to believe, but it looks like the cart-driver may have actually been Lelouch (uhg! ) and so now we're going to get a series that involves events after R2.
Nah, I think they're trolling us further into the already trolling cart theory but...if there was a studio that could troll the trolls, then that'd be Sunrise.

Any news when the recap movies are coming out? Have been out of the loop when it comes to anime news lately.

(and eh, Cornelia's still alive, I could give a shiat. Hopefully I don't have to see Viletta in the new season too, cause that'd be crap. Fff those two characters)
__________________

愛するって 心から 心へと 残していくことだと 思う。
kipzizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-09, 14:43   Link #2950
Ravagerblade
The Fearless
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: "United" States
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipzizz View Post
Nah, I think they're trolling us further into the already trolling cart theory but...if there was a studio that could troll the trolls, then that'd be Sunrise.

Any news when the recap movies are coming out? Have been out of the loop when it comes to anime news lately.

(and eh, Cornelia's still alive, I could give a shiat. Hopefully I don't have to see Viletta in the new season too, cause that'd be crap. Fff those two characters)
Cornelia while deserves to get Ripped by Lelouch for her actions still should live.
While Viletta needs to die the worst way possible along with Ohgi.
__________________


“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-09, 22:57   Link #2951
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipzizz View Post
Nah, I think they're trolling us further into the already trolling cart theory but...if there was a studio that could troll the trolls, then that'd be Sunrise.

Any news when the recap movies are coming out? Have been out of the loop when it comes to anime news lately.

(and eh, Cornelia's still alive, I could give a shiat. Hopefully I don't have to see Viletta in the new season too, cause that'd be crap. Fff those two characters)
I'm also out of the loop on this save for tid-bits on the anime news network.
I'm following Space Battleship Yamato 2202 right now (it is AWESOME! ), but if I hear anything I will post it here.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-11, 08:27   Link #2952
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 28
Do we know how many recap movies we're getting? I'm mainly curious how they'll condense everything and what will cut get. I can think of a number of things that could presumably get the axe for both seasons.

I'm extremely curious what these extra scenes they mentioned could entail. I feel like you could probably expand in R2 the most, particularly during the last part of the show where we had a few short time skips.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-11, 15:34   Link #2953
Ravagerblade
The Fearless
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: "United" States
I'm so psyched for the new Season. I hope it's epic. All Hail Lelouch, the one true Zero.
__________________


“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-11, 16:26   Link #2954
MK-95-
Rookie Cop
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raccoon City
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Do we know how many recap movies we're getting? I'm mainly curious how they'll condense everything and what will cut get. I can think of a number of things that could presumably get the axe for both seasons.

I'm extremely curious what these extra scenes they mentioned could entail. I feel like you could probably expand in R2 the most, particularly during the last part of the show where we had a few short time skips.
We have 3 confirmed recaps as of right now. As for whether they'll add more later or not is unknown. (Akito was planned at 4 movies, but ended up getting a 5th part, so we'll see if the recaps get the same treatment)

If we're looking at a 50-60 min format for the recaps, I believe they'll cut out the two school festival arcs, the school events (catch the cat, cupid contest) and most of the small banter scenes involving the Ashford student council that doesn't really contribute anything towards character development or progress the plot. They could also cut out some of the less important (filler) BK operations and only include the major (plot-relevant) ones.

As for the additional scenes, I feel as though most of those scenes can take place during the month Charles was missing and it'd show us just exactly what Lelouch and Suzaku were up to. (planning of the Zero Requiem and probably laying the foundations for it before publicizing Charles' death)

Also, if Lelouch does have the code, we may get an extension on the scene where Charles choked him before dying and it'd show the code transferring without anyone noticing what happened and ofc, we'd get an extension on the original ending scene if the cart driver theory turned out to be true... lol (Even if the cart driver theory is false, since Lelouch is confirmed to be the protagonist of the sequel, we WILL get some kinda epilogue scene showing how he survived or was resurrected)
__________________
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-11, 16:54   Link #2955
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
We have 3 confirmed recaps as of right now. As for whether they'll add more later or not is unknown. (Akito was planned at 4 movies, but ended up getting a 5th part, so we'll see if the recaps get the same treatment)

If we're looking at a 50-60 min format for the recaps, I believe they'll cut out the two school festival arcs, the school events (catch the cat, cupid contest) and most of the small banter scenes involving the Ashford student council that doesn't really contribute anything towards character development or progress the plot. They could also cut out some of the less important (filler) BK operations and only include the major (plot-relevant) ones.

As for the additional scenes, I feel as though most of those scenes can take place during the month Charles was missing and it'd show us just exactly what Lelouch and Suzaku were up to. (planning of the Zero Requiem and probably laying the foundations for it before publicizing Charles' death)

Also, if Lelouch does have the code, we may get an extension on the scene where Charles choked him before dying and it'd show the code transferring without anyone noticing what happened and ofc, we'd get an extension on the original ending scene if the cart driver theory turned out to be true... lol (Even if the cart driver theory is false, since Lelouch is confirmed to be the protagonist of the sequel, we WILL get some kinda epilogue scene showing how he survived or was resurrected)
Ah okay so that wasn't in my head. Good point about the Akito films. Makes me wonder if they'll be able to keep on any kind of schedule reliably. I'd imagine the new series wouldn't debut until these films are done, so if it gets off track it might be years. Granted, I suppose we have no idea how long this has been planned unless that's been mentioned somewhere.

I'm not sure how you would structure things if it's limited to just three as well. Do you have a movie for most of Season One, a second that covers up to the end and then part of R2, and then a movie completing R2? That middle one feels like it could be weird. More films would likely work out better then so it's not rushing to the point of being a further mess.

Yeah, those are things that come foremost to mind for cutting stuff out. There are certain things I wonder about getting cut. Do you cut the stuff with Shirley? Her death anyway would need to be kept since that was an impetus for Lelouch going after the Geass Cult and it'd be outright bizarre to have her alive.

You could conceivably cut the Mao arc since it's largely independent from the main plot. It does feature some important aspects though such as further backstory for C.C., development of the relationship between Lelouch and C.C. that carries on from Narita, foreshadowing of Lelouch losing control of his Geass, and of course Lelouch finding out that Suzaku killed his father. I feel like there are a number of things in R2 you could either cut or retool.

That was one of the time periods I think you could most fill in I can't recall any material that covers during that time period. The other main one would be after Lelouch declares victory over the world but before the parade. I could have sworn there was something like a two month time skip. Then again, going from him winning to the victory parade can keep you further in the dark before the ending.

Yeah, I feel like some of these new scenes will be used to set up the explanation of him being alive in the new series. Do you think we'll see that Caretaker character introduced in the Akito films possibly integrated into these? That feels like one that could happen, especially if that character comes up in the new series.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-11, 19:13   Link #2956
MK-95-
Rookie Cop
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raccoon City
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Ah okay so that wasn't in my head. Good point about the Akito films. Makes me wonder if they'll be able to keep on any kind of schedule reliably. I'd imagine the new series wouldn't debut until these films are done, so if it gets off track it might be years. Granted, I suppose we have no idea how long this has been planned unless that's been mentioned somewhere.

I'm not sure how you would structure things if it's limited to just three as well. Do you have a movie for most of Season One, a second that covers up to the end and then part of R2, and then a movie completing R2? That middle one feels like it could be weird. More films would likely work out better then so it's not rushing to the point of being a further mess.

Yeah, those are things that come foremost to mind for cutting stuff out. There are certain things I wonder about getting cut. Do you cut the stuff with Shirley? Her death anyway would need to be kept since that was an impetus for Lelouch going after the Geass Cult and it'd be outright bizarre to have her alive.

You could conceivably cut the Mao arc since it's largely independent from the main plot. It does feature some important aspects though such as further backstory for C.C., development of the relationship between Lelouch and C.C. that carries on from Narita, foreshadowing of Lelouch losing control of his Geass, and of course Lelouch finding out that Suzaku killed his father. I feel like there are a number of things in R2 you could either cut or retool.

That was one of the time periods I think you could most fill in I can't recall any material that covers during that time period. The other main one would be after Lelouch declares victory over the world but before the parade. I could have sworn there was something like a two month time skip. Then again, going from him winning to the victory parade can keep you further in the dark before the ending.

Yeah, I feel like some of these new scenes will be used to set up the explanation of him being alive in the new series. Do you think we'll see that Caretaker character introduced in the Akito films possibly integrated into these? That feels like one that could happen, especially if that character comes up in the new series.
Given their track record with Akito, I'm not holding my breath when it comes to them keeping a schedule. ALL of the Akito films got delayed, so I'm expecting the same for this as well.

Though, there is a possibility that they can indeed keep a schedule because this isn't a new sub-series or IP that they're making from scratch, all they're doing is reusing the old footage (I'd assume they'd remaster it and probably tidy up the CGI) and adding a few additional scenes. (I remember them saying that they were also redoing the voice-overs for everyone, so we can expect some minor to major changes in dialogue between characters or overall tone/context in spoken lines.)

I too, personally find that 3 movies aren't enough to compress 50 episodes worth of content. It may very well be a hot mess in the end. Either that, or they give us a very bare-bones OVA/movie with no sense of charm to it. For a proper recap series that keeps all the relevant info plus some of the less important stuff that'd preserve the series' charm, I'd say 5-6 movies would be quite appropriate.

Some of the Shirley stuff can be cut (the high school rom com moments and little conversations about love she had with Milly, Suzaku, etc...), but there are a few key events that'd be absolutely necessary to include in the recaps:

-Lelouch unintentionally killing her father.
-When she found out Lelouch and zero are the same person.
-The incident with Mao and the aftermath. (wiping her memories)
-The resurgence of her memories (courtesy of Jeremiah)
-Confrontation with Rolo.
-Death and aftermath. (Wiping out the Geass order)

I also believe they'd mostly keep the Mao arc intact since he's contributed to Lelouch's development both character-wise and relationship-wise (strengthened and redefined his relationship with C.C. and altered his overall opinion on Suzaku).

Plus, there's one other little tidbit of info regarding Mao, I'd like to highlight: Remember the White house in the background/distance in the epilogue in R2?

That is most likely the house Mao built in Australia, that he mentioned to C.C. when he was going to kidnap her. (S1 ep15 Cheering Mao) That house can work to Lelouch's advantage in that he can use it to hide. Since he is now the enemy of the world, everyone will know his face and considering Mao's geass' flaw, that house is distanced from civilization, perfect for someone laying low.

This is also kinda why I still consider Mao relevant enough to not get cut out. If that house actually turns out to be the very same house he mentioned, then his appearance in the recap is justified.

You're right, I forgot about that time skip. Yup, it's 2 months. That's also a perfect opportunity for them to add additional scenes since it can easily be used to setup for the sequel series. We'd be able to see exactly what systems/plans Lelouch and Suzaku put in place before it was time to realize the Zero Requiem. It'd also probably be revealed to us if Lelouch knew whether he'd die or not. (I personally hold the opinion that if Lelouch did indeed know he was going to survive it, he'd come across as the ultimate bastard for having pushed a fate arguably worse than death on his best friend, but if he truly didn't know and only resurrected via code or whatever other means afterwards, then I wouldn't hold it against him and it'd be a lot easier to swallow

Now, we can say he's still a bastard for going into exile anyway and leaving it all to Suzaku, but considering that his face could and should be recognized anywhere in the world, it makes sense that he disappear without telling anyone anything).

I won't mind seeing that caretaker character in the sequel. The character felt as though she were important, but hardly had any screen-time in Akito. The sequel can give her a much larger role than what we were given in Akito.
__________________
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-11, 21:24   Link #2957
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Given their track record with Akito, I'm not holding my breath when it comes to them keeping a schedule. ALL of the Akito films got delayed, so I'm expecting the same for this as well.

Though, there is a possibility that they can indeed keep a schedule because this isn't a new sub-series or IP that they're making from scratch, all they're doing is reusing the old footage (I'd assume they'd remaster it and probably tidy up the CGI) and adding a few additional scenes. (I remember them saying that they were also redoing the voice-overs for everyone, so we can expect some minor to major changes in dialogue between characters or overall tone/context in spoken lines.)

I too, personally find that 3 movies aren't enough to compress 50 episodes worth of content. It may very well be a hot mess in the end. Either that, or they give us a very bare-bones OVA/movie with no sense of charm to it. For a proper recap series that keeps all the relevant info plus some of the less important stuff that'd preserve the series' charm, I'd say 5-6 movies would be quite appropriate.

Some of the Shirley stuff can be cut (the high school rom com moments and little conversations about love she had with Milly, Suzaku, etc...), but there are a few key events that'd be absolutely necessary to include in the recaps:

-Lelouch unintentionally killing her father.
-When she found out Lelouch and zero are the same person.
-The incident with Mao and the aftermath. (wiping her memories)
-The resurgence of her memories (courtesy of Jeremiah)
-Confrontation with Rolo.
-Death and aftermath. (Wiping out the Geass order)

I also believe they'd mostly keep the Mao arc intact since he's contributed to Lelouch's development both character-wise and relationship-wise (strengthened and redefined his relationship with C.C. and altered his overall opinion on Suzaku).

Plus, there's one other little tidbit of info regarding Mao, I'd like to highlight: Remember the White house in the background/distance in the epilogue in R2?

That is most likely the house Mao built in Australia, that he mentioned to C.C. when he was going to kidnap her. (S1 ep15 Cheering Mao) That house can work to Lelouch's advantage in that he can use it to hide. Since he is now the enemy of the world, everyone will know his face and considering Mao's geass' flaw, that house is distanced from civilization, perfect for someone laying low.

This is also kinda why I still consider Mao relevant enough to not get cut out. If that house actually turns out to be the very same house he mentioned, then his appearance in the recap is justified.

You're right, I forgot about that time skip. Yup, it's 2 months. That's also a perfect opportunity for them to add additional scenes since it can easily be used to setup for the sequel series. We'd be able to see exactly what systems/plans Lelouch and Suzaku put in place before it was time to realize the Zero Requiem. It'd also probably be revealed to us if Lelouch knew whether he'd die or not. (I personally hold the opinion that if Lelouch did indeed know he was going to survive it, he'd come across as the ultimate bastard for having pushed a fate arguably worse than death on his best friend, but if he truly didn't know and only resurrected via code or whatever other means afterwards, then I wouldn't hold it against him and it'd be a lot easier to swallow

Now, we can say he's still a bastard for going into exile anyway and leaving it all to Suzaku, but considering that his face could and should be recognized anywhere in the world, it makes sense that he disappear without telling anyone anything).

I won't mind seeing that caretaker character in the sequel. The character felt as though she were important, but hardly had any screen-time in Akito. The sequel can give her a much larger role than what we were given in Akito.
Was any reason ever given for why those took so long? Production troubles? I feel like that's a recurring thing with this series. I also wonder how much staff they are working on with this. Will early production for the new series be occurring as well or not until the movies are done?

I was wondering about that as well since they likely could just do as you say aside from the new footage and their likely isn't going to be much of that. I'm trying to remember, was there a lot of CGI in the show? I remember that the whole Sword of Akasha had some going on, but don't recall them doing it on the Knightmares till Akito. Redoing the audio is interesting as I'm curious about those possible changes and what they could mean.

To be fair, I think they've done trilogies for some of the Gundam series that are 50 episodes, but I don't know how well those turned out. 5-6 sounds like the proper amount to me as well, but even on a good schedule with no slip ups I've have to think that would take at least 2 years. And if these don't start coming till 2018, then that would probably make 3-4 years since the announcement of the new series. Though as mentioned, scheduling seems to have been a bit of a challenge for them lately.

Yeah, those seem like the bare essentials needed to keep the important aspects of that arc intact.

The character stuff is the reason I could see them keeping all of it and I kind of hope they do since I enjoyed what it did for the characters. Since they'll be doing the massacre they can keep that bit of foreshadowing too.

Huh, I had to go look at the epilogue again, but I do see it there. I never really made that sort of connection. Wasn't that house in Australia? Granted, I don't know enough about the geography of it so there could very well be a place like that. I'd be rather surprised if that was the actual intent when it was made, though they could certainly always retcon it if they weren't. It would be a nice callback too.

You could also probably do some more character moments with those captured and those planning to try and rescue them. Perhaps some more scenes between Lelouch and C.C. as well leading up to the parade. While we got some good interactions in those last few episodes, there weren't many after she regained her memories. I've always leaned towards the latter with the survival theory myself. It would also be rather in character for the series with Lelouch's nearly perfect plan getting fouled up by something outside his knowledge or control.

The plan does indeed fail if he's recognized so he'd have to lie low. I always sort of figured that if he survived, he and C.C. might look more into the Geass ruins to prevent them causing havoc or something, but that's just a personal thought.

Especially if they decide to focus more on the Geass aspect of the plot or tie it in more. That character could be used to reveal more about the setting and purpose of the whole Code and Geass system, if the staff wanted to detail it more.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 00:37   Link #2958
MK-95-
Rookie Cop
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raccoon City
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Was any reason ever given for why those took so long? Production troubles? I feel like that's a recurring thing with this series. I also wonder how much staff they are working on with this. Will early production for the new series be occurring as well or not until the movies are done?

I was wondering about that as well since they likely could just do as you say aside from the new footage and their likely isn't going to be much of that. I'm trying to remember, was there a lot of CGI in the show? I remember that the whole Sword of Akasha had some going on, but don't recall them doing it on the Knightmares till Akito. Redoing the audio is interesting as I'm curious about those possible changes and what they could mean.

To be fair, I think they've done trilogies for some of the Gundam series that are 50 episodes, but I don't know how well those turned out. 5-6 sounds like the proper amount to me as well, but even on a good schedule with no slip ups I've have to think that would take at least 2 years. And if these don't start coming till 2018, then that would probably make 3-4 years since the announcement of the new series. Though as mentioned, scheduling seems to have been a bit of a challenge for them lately.

Yeah, those seem like the bare essentials needed to keep the important aspects of that arc intact.

The character stuff is the reason I could see them keeping all of it and I kind of hope they do since I enjoyed what it did for the characters. Since they'll be doing the massacre they can keep that bit of foreshadowing too.

Huh, I had to go look at the epilogue again, but I do see it there. I never really made that sort of connection. Wasn't that house in Australia? Granted, I don't know enough about the geography of it so there could very well be a place like that. I'd be rather surprised if that was the actual intent when it was made, though they could certainly always retcon it if they weren't. It would be a nice callback too.

You could also probably do some more character moments with those captured and those planning to try and rescue them. Perhaps some more scenes between Lelouch and C.C. as well leading up to the parade. While we got some good interactions in those last few episodes, there weren't many after she regained her memories. I've always leaned towards the latter with the survival theory myself. It would also be rather in character for the series with Lelouch's nearly perfect plan getting fouled up by something outside his knowledge or control.

The plan does indeed fail if he's recognized so he'd have to lie low. I always sort of figured that if he survived, he and C.C. might look more into the Geass ruins to prevent them causing havoc or something, but that's just a personal thought.

Especially if they decide to focus more on the Geass aspect of the plot or tie it in more. That character could be used to reveal more about the setting and purpose of the whole Code and Geass system, if the staff wanted to detail it more.
I don't know why the first 3 parts were delayed, but the fourth was delayed because the decision to make the fifth part was made and since it (4th) was initially the finale, they had to rewrite and re-dub it so that it'd transition into the fifth. The fifth was delayed because of how it was sprung on them on such short notice.

I'd like to think that they'd work on both the recaps and the sequel simultaneously, but realistically speaking, priority should be given to the recaps since the sequel wouldn't air until the recaps have aired anyway. I think scheduling this time round shouldn't be as difficult as before. After all, it's gonna be mostly a remaster with new audio, so they shouldn't have to put in as much effort as they did with Akito. They can work comfortably on the sequel so long as they finish working on the recaps with time to spare. I guess the hardest part would be syncing the new audio with the video and/or editing frames in the event that character dialogue is different from what it was originally (if even one word is changed, then the animation for the moving of the mouth would need to be changed after all).

There was a little CG here and there, but nothing major. The show didn't rely on it much and I hope the sequel stays that way. As much as I liked the CG battles for Akito, it just didn't feel right at the same time. Lancelot did use a bit of CG, whenever it activated the system that used the liquid sakuradite, remember that black cube that would start to rotate?

I usually skip out on watching compilation movies for series that I've seen already unless said compilation features new material. So, I don't actually know whether they were done poorly or not. Btw, I just remembered this, Code Geass does have a compilation OVA for season 1 and R2. Though, I've never watched it, I guess you can watch it to get an idea and gauge how they may do the editing for the recaps. I may actually check them out myself just to see or have an idea of what I'm walking into.

Titled: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Special Edition Black Rebellion and Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 Special Edition Zero Requiem.

Dude, I'm already prepared for the long haul. It doesn't matter to me. I've grown accustomed to playing the waiting game. I did it for Attack on Titan, Durarara!!!, I'm doing it for Rebuild of Evangelion and I can do it for Code Geass too. lol

I agree. The Mao arc is one of the few arcs that should be kept mostly intact with regards to cutting out material. Even though it didn't really do much in the greater scheme of things, it served as an excellent tie in arc that laced together some major developments and foreshadowed things to come.

Yea, some buddies and I were having a chat some years back (around 2013 I believe) and while talking about the epilogue, we brought up the possibility of Lelouch surviving and if he did, where he'd go to lay low since pretty much everyone should know him, given the worldwide declaration he made and whatnot. So, I jokingly brought up Mao's house in Australia and then, my bud went all wide-eyed and said I was onto something. XD So we re-watched the epilogue and realized that the house was indeed white and in the middle of nowhere, so I've stuck to that theory ever since.

Oh, I actually like that thought. You can never go wrong with more character interactions and/or monologues. I'd like to see scenes where Lelouch came to visit the prisoners (if he ever did) and other little things like that, it'd add a nice touch. I'd also really like to know just what Kallen was thinking about during the two months she was confined leading up to the parade. I so wanna see what contrast would be made with her resentful thoughts vs her thoughts in the aftermath when she finally realizes that she was played by Lelouch. (I ship Lelouch with C.C., but I gotta admit, Kallen isn't so bad either. I'd be totally fine with her as well)

Researching into the origins and purpose of geass would totally be in-character for Lelouch. We can basically expect that he'll do just that in the sequel.

IIRC, that character was something like a manifestation of the collective consciousness, so she should rank higher/be more relevant than immortals like C.C. when it comes down to it. (Don't quote on on this one, it's been awhile since I've watched the Akito OVAs. I believe she didn't identify herself as one of the immortal characters. Can someone clear this up for me?)
__________________
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 12:52   Link #2959
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
I don't know why the first 3 parts were delayed, but the fourth was delayed because the decision to make the fifth part was made and since it (4th) was initially the finale, they had to rewrite and re-dub it so that it'd transition into the fifth. The fifth was delayed because of how it was sprung on them on such short notice.

I'd like to think that they'd work on both the recaps and the sequel simultaneously, but realistically speaking, priority should be given to the recaps since the sequel wouldn't air until the recaps have aired anyway. I think scheduling this time round shouldn't be as difficult as before. After all, it's gonna be mostly a remaster with new audio, so they shouldn't have to put in as much effort as they did with Akito. They can work comfortably on the sequel so long as they finish working on the recaps with time to spare. I guess the hardest part would be syncing the new audio with the video and/or editing frames in the event that character dialogue is different from what it was originally (if even one word is changed, then the animation for the moving of the mouth would need to be changed after all).

There was a little CG here and there, but nothing major. The show didn't rely on it much and I hope the sequel stays that way. As much as I liked the CG battles for Akito, it just didn't feel right at the same time. Lancelot did use a bit of CG, whenever it activated the system that used the liquid sakuradite, remember that black cube that would start to rotate?

I usually skip out on watching compilation movies for series that I've seen already unless said compilation features new material. So, I don't actually know whether they were done poorly or not. Btw, I just remembered this, Code Geass does have a compilation OVA for season 1 and R2. Though, I've never watched it, I guess you can watch it to get an idea and gauge how they may do the editing for the recaps. I may actually check them out myself just to see or have an idea of what I'm walking into.

Titled: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Special Edition Black Rebellion and Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 Special Edition Zero Requiem.

Dude, I'm already prepared for the long haul. It doesn't matter to me. I've grown accustomed to playing the waiting game. I did it for Attack on Titan, Durarara!!!, I'm doing it for Rebuild of Evangelion and I can do it for Code Geass too. lol

I agree. The Mao arc is one of the few arcs that should be kept mostly intact with regards to cutting out material. Even though it didn't really do much in the greater scheme of things, it served as an excellent tie in arc that laced together some major developments and foreshadowed things to come.

Yea, some buddies and I were having a chat some years back (around 2013 I believe) and while talking about the epilogue, we brought up the possibility of Lelouch surviving and if he did, where he'd go to lay low since pretty much everyone should know him, given the worldwide declaration he made and whatnot. So, I jokingly brought up Mao's house in Australia and then, my bud went all wide-eyed and said I was onto something. XD So we re-watched the epilogue and realized that the house was indeed white and in the middle of nowhere, so I've stuck to that theory ever since.

Oh, I actually like that thought. You can never go wrong with more character interactions and/or monologues. I'd like to see scenes where Lelouch came to visit the prisoners (if he ever did) and other little things like that, it'd add a nice touch. I'd also really like to know just what Kallen was thinking about during the two months she was confined leading up to the parade. I so wanna see what contrast would be made with her resentful thoughts vs her thoughts in the aftermath when she finally realizes that she was played by Lelouch. (I ship Lelouch with C.C., but I gotta admit, Kallen isn't so bad either. I'd be totally fine with her as well)

Researching into the origins and purpose of geass would totally be in-character for Lelouch. We can basically expect that he'll do just that in the sequel.

IIRC, that character was something like a manifestation of the collective consciousness, so she should rank higher/be more relevant than immortals like C.C. when it comes down to it. (Don't quote on on this one, it's been awhile since I've watched the Akito OVAs. I believe she didn't identify herself as one of the immortal characters. Can someone clear this up for me?)
Huh, that's a bit of a blunder. And while I need to watch them again, I still felt they were somewhat rushed in a sense even with the extra episode. Though perhaps they felt it would have been worse without the extra episode. I wouldn't be completely surprised if part of it was due to giving Julius more scenes, but that's just conjecture.

I admit I'm not entirely clear on how pre-production on a series works, but I feel like they could at least get the story fully outlined for what they want to do while working on these recaps. Any news scenes meant to feed into it could be developed alongside it as well. That is, if all that hasn't already been taken care of. I am curious how much new work is being done both with the new scenes and however the old ones are changed since as you mentioned with the dialogue, any changes would mean redoing things.

Wait, do you think they might actually let us hear C.C.'s name this time?

I didn't see too much in that preview trailer, though I guess it is just a preview for a series we aren't likely to see for some time yet. I got used to it, but it was quite jarring. Ah right, I forgot about that.

Yeah, the only one I've ever seen was the second Gurren Lagann recap film which actually changed quite a bit as it went on. Oh right, I'd never actually seen those and completely forgotten they existed.

I skimmed through both after finding them on Youtube. Some cuts in those in the first part I'm a bit sad about. They completely cut the part where during Narita where C.C. does the thing to keep Suzaku busy and then gets injured. That whole name scene in the cave is completely cut out as a result as well as those hints about Suzaku's past. They have the Mao arc but skip from his first appearance where Shirley gets her memory wiped to the confrontation where he reveals Suzaku killed his father. So the whole thing concerning C.C. is cut there. I hope that's not the method they take with these films since that shortchanges her character quite a bit and I liked her arc through the series.

Oh I don't really have any issue waiting. Done it enough times with other things as well. I just think it's a bit sloppy. I also get annoyed I guess with projects of any kind getting announced much earlier then they need be. With this, if it's such a long wait, it might have been better just to announce that a new series was in production without showing a trailer.

You're right, the arc overall serves a number of purposes that come into play later on so I hope they keep that aspect intact. Though I guess if they parts of it unimportant that could possibly inform us what might get more focus in the new series.

I'd considered that as well, but never thought about that house of Mao's. I remember idly thinking once if it actually was a nice place since he seemed so proud of it. Might as well put it to use.

You could even get by with some interactions among the prisoners themselves or have someone else visit them like C.C. I don't think she or Nunnally ever interacted again after the first season and I rather liked the dynamic she seemed to have with Kallen in R2, so that would be two good choices. Probably soul searching wondering what she really knew of him since his actions towards her could seem so contradictory, which could be some good character stuff. (I prefer Lelouch and C.C. as well. I like Kallen, but I've just never been into the pairing and remember being disappointed in R2 that they devoted pretty much everything about her character to that. Not a whole lot I can do if they go that direction though so there you go.)

Honestly, if there's one thing I'd like the new series to do, it's to do away with all this hinting at pairings with multiple characters and just make it clear early what it's going to be and develop it. Or they'll just do the same as before and have him be all vague about how he feels about anyone, which is the more likely route.

It makes the most sense I think, especially since Lelouch seemed pretty bent on not having it harm anyone else with its influence. I'd honestly expect whatever antagonist we have to have some kind of connection to Geass. There's also that weird aspect of the Akito OVAs where Shin seems to have gotten his Geass from some weird floating skull rather than a Code bearer like C.C. or V.V.

That's how I remember it as well. Like she's the personification of the Geass Jupiter we saw so often, which definitely sounds like a character that could appear more. I think she was called the Caretaker of Spacetime or something? Didn't seem to have a high opinion of humanity in any case. Honestly, the Akito OVAs had a number of threads they could use for the new series.

I suppose it would help if they gave us a bit more info since all we've got so far is that it takes place a few years later (except no one looks to have aged at all) and Lelouch is back. Trailer gives some stuff that we could infer some things from but it's mostly vague.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-13, 21:37   Link #2960
MK-95-
Rookie Cop
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raccoon City
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Huh, that's a bit of a blunder. And while I need to watch them again, I still felt they were somewhat rushed in a sense even with the extra episode. Though perhaps they felt it would have been worse without the extra episode. I wouldn't be completely surprised if part of it was due to giving Julius more scenes, but that's just conjecture.

I admit I'm not entirely clear on how pre-production on a series works, but I feel like they could at least get the story fully outlined for what they want to do while working on these recaps. Any news scenes meant to feed into it could be developed alongside it as well. That is, if all that hasn't already been taken care of. I am curious how much new work is being done both with the new scenes and however the old ones are changed since as you mentioned with the dialogue, any changes would mean redoing things.

Wait, do you think they might actually let us hear C.C.'s name this time?

I didn't see too much in that preview trailer, though I guess it is just a preview for a series we aren't likely to see for some time yet. I got used to it, but it was quite jarring. Ah right, I forgot about that.

Yeah, the only one I've ever seen was the second Gurren Lagann recap film which actually changed quite a bit as it went on. Oh right, I'd never actually seen those and completely forgotten they existed.

I skimmed through both after finding them on Youtube. Some cuts in those in the first part I'm a bit sad about. They completely cut the part where during Narita where C.C. does the thing to keep Suzaku busy and then gets injured. That whole name scene in the cave is completely cut out as a result as well as those hints about Suzaku's past. They have the Mao arc but skip from his first appearance where Shirley gets her memory wiped to the confrontation where he reveals Suzaku killed his father. So the whole thing concerning C.C. is cut there. I hope that's not the method they take with these films since that shortchanges her character quite a bit and I liked her arc through the series.

Oh I don't really have any issue waiting. Done it enough times with other things as well. I just think it's a bit sloppy. I also get annoyed I guess with projects of any kind getting announced much earlier then they need be. With this, if it's such a long wait, it might have been better just to announce that a new series was in production without showing a trailer.

You're right, the arc overall serves a number of purposes that come into play later on so I hope they keep that aspect intact. Though I guess if they parts of it unimportant that could possibly inform us what might get more focus in the new series.

I'd considered that as well, but never thought about that house of Mao's. I remember idly thinking once if it actually was a nice place since he seemed so proud of it. Might as well put it to use.

You could even get by with some interactions among the prisoners themselves or have someone else visit them like C.C. I don't think she or Nunnally ever interacted again after the first season and I rather liked the dynamic she seemed to have with Kallen in R2, so that would be two good choices. Probably soul searching wondering what she really knew of him since his actions towards her could seem so contradictory, which could be some good character stuff. (I prefer Lelouch and C.C. as well. I like Kallen, but I've just never been into the pairing and remember being disappointed in R2 that they devoted pretty much everything about her character to that. Not a whole lot I can do if they go that direction though so there you go.)

Honestly, if there's one thing I'd like the new series to do, it's to do away with all this hinting at pairings with multiple characters and just make it clear early what it's going to be and develop it. Or they'll just do the same as before and have him be all vague about how he feels about anyone, which is the more likely route.

It makes the most sense I think, especially since Lelouch seemed pretty bent on not having it harm anyone else with its influence. I'd honestly expect whatever antagonist we have to have some kind of connection to Geass. There's also that weird aspect of the Akito OVAs where Shin seems to have gotten his Geass from some weird floating skull rather than a Code bearer like C.C. or V.V.

That's how I remember it as well. Like she's the personification of the Geass Jupiter we saw so often, which definitely sounds like a character that could appear more. I think she was called the Caretaker of Spacetime or something? Didn't seem to have a high opinion of humanity in any case. Honestly, the Akito OVAs had a number of threads they could use for the new series.

I suppose it would help if they gave us a bit more info since all we've got so far is that it takes place a few years later (except no one looks to have aged at all) and Lelouch is back. Trailer gives some stuff that we could infer some things from but it's mostly vague.
Well, it is a blunder, but I'd say it's a forgivable one. Imagine how Akito would've turned out if they didn't get that fifth part? It's a scary thought because we all know how rushed and messy that turned out.

I only have a vague idea on it, so I try not to delve too deeply into this sort of topic. But yea, they should have a story outline by now, even if it isn't complete, it isn't uncommon for them to have already have the beginning and even ending already scripted. The real challenge is usually planning everything in-between.

If this sequel is to serve as a proper conclusion to the series, I'd very well like to see them reveal C.C.'s name. But, keeping it a mystery does have its own sense of charm/appeal, so I wouldn't really mind if we never find out her name tbh.

I still haven't seen those compilation OVAs yet, but if I were you, I wouldn't beat myself up thinking about them too deeply. Remember, each season only got one OVA, this time, we have three to work with. So we definitely will get more content... Still gonna suffer from cuts, but it wouldn't be to the extent of the original compilation OVAs.

Alright, I can agree with that. I'd rather not get a teaser at all if it's gonna take 2-3 years to push out the sequel itself. I see your point, but that's the thing about us anime fans, we can wait upwards of five years just to get a sequel or even a movie if that's what it takes. lol

I was the same, I thought nothing of the house (in the epilogue) in the past, but after talking with my buddies and then realizing that Mao placed even the tiniest bit of emphasis on his house in Australia, we just kinda drew that conclusion and stayed with it ever since. For example, he didn't need to give any description on it at all apart from stating where it was located, yet he did give us some kind of description to work with (that's what struck me as odd since it wasn't exactly something relevant considering we knew that Mao wouldn't be around after his arc).

Totally agreed. I'd love to see interactions like those because we'd really get to take a peek into the psyche of those who didn't know the truth (about Zero Requiem) and see how they perceived Lelouch's actions/intentions. I'd also like to see a post-epilogue scene showing various characters either in conversation or having a monologue to themselves regarding their overall thoughts on the matter and whether they have a positive or negative opinion of Lelouch and Suzaku.

Really? I've always kinda liked the ambiguity surrounding Lelouch's love life. It made things more interesting that way and as selfish as he was, he did have a few girls he'd give priority to. All of the other pairings were pretty much defined/obvious, Lelouch's love life was the only one of the bunch to be a triangle or larger. So, I never really had a problem with it.

I don't think we need to worry much about that. It's almost certain that the antagonist for the sequel is going to have a connection to geass. Thinking about it, there's no other reason that can force Lelouch to come out of exile to save the day. So, we can almost already imagine the scale of danger that the new antagonist poses to the world.

Thanks. Good to know that I wasn't off the mark regarding that character from Akito. Also, I'm with you on that as well. Akito had many unresolved plot points that seem relevant/appropriate enough to revisit in the sequel.

That befuddled me when I initially saw the PV for the sequel. I was wondering if any time had passed or not, then found out that a "few" years have passed shortly afterwards. If that's the case, I'd say it's a bad move to have them looking identical to what they looked like in the original series. It wouldn't hurt to have them look slightly older. Now, if this "few" turns out to only be 2-3 years, then I guess I can let it slide, but if it is indeed 2 years that passed, they were supposed to use "couple" instead of "few" (That's just me being a Grammarnazi, pay it no mind XD).
__________________
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2017-05-14 at 00:56.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, mecha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.