AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-16, 22:51   Link #1741
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Sounds like a case of the anime needs more support i.e. Dvd/Blu-ray sold and the like.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-03-17, 00:04   Link #1742
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Sounds like a case of the anime needs more support i.e. Dvd/Blu-ray sold and the like.
Second season of Index sold pretty well actually so I disagree. I think it's just that Dengeki won't push it until either the next novel is a huge hit or the popularity disappears somewhat and they want to increase sales. These are the two possible ways they could be thinking about this.

Also, it's a shame Crunchyroll hasn't streamed any Index. I think that might make it more popular...
Old 2014-03-17, 01:02   Link #1743
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

If there was a 3rd season do you think they would rush it and leave out some details. Also along those lines is would they have the same episode count of 24 as the keeping it the same as their other titles of this series.

Seems to me that they are hurting themselves by rushing through development. I'd much prefer as more episodes as it takes to get everything right. but realistically that's not possible I suppose, my thought is full of idealism lol.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-03-17, 07:03   Link #1744
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Aside from Index II's QUALITY Daihaseisai Arc, I feel that J.C. has been handling the Index anime decently. And as dniv mentioned, even with all those off-model Touma faces riddling that part of Index's second season, it still sold solidly.

Well, there's also an optimistic off-chance that they are actually preparing for the third season, sending out setting photographers to the needed settings so that they can start doing production. It's just that they needed more time so they plan on adapting Railgun D[aihaseisai] first.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-03-17, 08:10   Link #1745
LevelSeven

i only hopw they will use a better skript if they realy want to make a anime, afterall the one in index 1 and 2 was cr*p.....

the part in angel fall: gabriel vs kanzaki, the daihaseisai with styil and tsuchimikado after touma destroyed the counter spell, and many other points....

for a novel reader they arent so bad but for a only anime watcher they are horrible, i mean what they spoke was sh*t, in more than a few parts....
Old 2014-03-17, 08:39   Link #1746
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
i only hopw they will use a better skript if they realy want to make a anime, afterall the one in index 1 and 2 was cr*p.....

the part in angel fall: gabriel vs kanzaki, the daihaseisai with styil and tsuchimikado after touma destroyed the counter spell, and many other points....

for a novel reader they arent so bad but for a only anime watcher they are horrible, i mean what they spoke was sh*t, in more than a few parts....
Not really, I liked it. Though I will admit it is much better probably for a novel reader than for a non-novel reader.

The main problem is that it's going to be hard for them to include all of the relevant details in the anime when they've already cut a lot of stuff in season 1 and 2.

I think that one of the main weaknesses of the anime is that it can't do the hypothesizing that the novel does about what is really going on...
Old 2014-03-17, 12:23   Link #1747
LevelSeven

yeah i know, therefore it isnt really their fault but they use only so little parts of the novel as explanation that it is incredible confusing......

i hope they will at least think twice about the skript but i would still be happy about a third season.....
Old 2014-03-17, 12:40   Link #1748
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I kinda disagree, I was an Anime watcher for most of Season 1 and I had no problems getting into it. I might be bias with the second season since I've already read the books by then, but for the most parts I thought they included the bare minimum without dragging.

What I think they should do is if they are limited by the script, then they should use more interesting visuals to help with the expositions.

The way I see it, if Horizon can get away with their level of exposition, then clearly the script isn't the problem.
Old 2014-03-22, 23:32   Link #1749
Chosen_Hero

I started watching the anime and after it finished I started reading the LN and have loved it since, it's true that over here in the americas it's more of an uphill battle since if it's not either made by Studio Ghibli or is Naruto, Bleach, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, etc. they won't watch it.

As good as Cowboy Bebop and Trigun are there are a lot of great anime that have released after those two series but noone over here wants to give them a try.

I agree that if crunchyroll aired Index and Railgun it could have the potetial of catching on and spreading by word of mouth from avid anime watchers.
Old 2014-03-23, 18:00   Link #1750
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I know this is absolutely impossible to ask for, but I wish that they did a reboot of season 1 and 2, and made them like twice as long so they put in all of the important details from Kamachi's LN's...
Old 2014-03-23, 18:22   Link #1751
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

One of my dreams comes true then, a Detailed anime! I don't see why it wouldn't be a total problem, quality of it would go up then maybe it would gain even more fans.
I think one of the reason why they don't do a lot of detailing and making sure everything fits because of time constraints both in 20 some odd minutes per episode plus showing it on T.V. which might lose it's *primetime* spot and then other reasons to why things go wrong.

Old 2014-03-23, 18:46   Link #1752
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
One of my dreams comes true then, a Detailed anime! I don't see why it wouldn't be a total problem, quality of it would go up then maybe it would gain even more fans.
I think one of the reason why they don't do a lot of detailing and making sure everything fits because of time constraints both in 20 some odd minutes per episode plus showing it on T.V. which might lose it's *primetime* spot and then other reasons to why things go wrong.
I think the point is that now that it has a fanbase, the fanbase wouldn't mind it being redone and most of the people who bought season 1/2 would probably buy that redone/longer version, and other people too... so they'd be safer in doing this, but that would mean they'd have to redo all of it, and they probably don't want to. But I feel like if they redid the anime it could be much better...
Old 2014-03-23, 22:03   Link #1753
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I think the point is that now that it has a fanbase, the fanbase wouldn't mind it being redone and most of the people who bought season 1/2 would probably buy that redone/longer version, and other people too... so they'd be safer in doing this, but that would mean they'd have to redo all of it, and they probably don't want to. But I feel like if they redid the anime it could be much better...
I agree, if they were to redo the anime, I would watch it. Give it a 50 episode season or heck with all the material it could stay airing for a while without interruptions or filler arcs.

Did season 1 and 2 have any filler arcs? I remember something like that.
Old 2014-03-24, 01:27   Link #1754
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I agree, if they were to redo the anime, I would watch it. Give it a 50 episode season or heck with all the material it could stay airing for a while without interruptions or filler arcs.

Did season 1 and 2 have any filler arcs? I remember something like that.
No, you're probably thinking about Railgun. Index didn't have anything resembling fillers. With a writer like Kamachi, do you really need them?
Old 2014-03-24, 20:49   Link #1755
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
No, you're probably thinking about Railgun. Index didn't have anything resembling fillers. With a writer like Kamachi, do you really need them?
Lol, but they focused too much on the Index eating parts... I think they could have had a lot more time to put in sufficient exposition about necessary things they didn't really say much about.

Also, if it were longer, they could make all of the crazy plot twists more foreshadowed, and not just look like asspulls. The light novels do a much better job of that...

I like the anime, but certainly think it could be better.

In the railgun anime's case, I admit that it is popular, but would probably like it more if it were more like the manga.
Old 2014-03-26, 13:25   Link #1756
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Is it just me or did Touma and Accelerator grew taller every time a new To aru series was released?

Index 1: They look like 12-year-olds or something, it's hard to notice that Touma is taller than Mikoto
Railgun 1: Touma has grown. Biri-biri vision?
Index 2: Railgun's height was adapted more or less
Railgun 2: NOW they look like high-school students and you can clearly see that Touma is a high-schooler and Mikoto a middle-schooler

Miracle of Endymion: WTF? small again?
Old 2014-03-26, 13:29   Link #1757
Birdway
Banned

Maybe you just needed to look at their heighs when close to each other...
Old 2014-03-26, 13:34   Link #1758
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Maybe you just needed to look at their heighs when close to each other...
Still if you compare "Index1 Touma" to "Railgun2 Touma", then you can clearly see the difference. Actually just comparing the two Touma vs Accelerator fights should suffice as proof.
Old 2014-03-27, 07:50   Link #1759
marconii2002

Index will get some announcment http://otakomu.jp/archives/78045.html
Old 2014-03-27, 09:46   Link #1760
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by marconii2002 View Post
Index will get some announcment http://otakomu.jp/archives/78045.html
Something-something, New Testament 10 out on 10th May... Something-something, big news(?) on 10th April...

...lol, maybe the cover page?
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen