Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-08-29, 13:07   Link #161
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
From what I remember, that wasn't Kishi's fault. But the fault of the guys who were fixing the chapter and translating it.
So it’s the translator’s fault? Damn! I didn’t know that. Still, how can he/she made a mistake by actually drawing something that wasn’t there? I’m curious.
Old 2012-08-29, 13:59   Link #162
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Hmm, so Tobi is Obito after all, or at the very least someone who is using Obito's body? Meh, I'm alright with this. Although the intimate knowledge he has about Kakashi seems to indicate it really is Obito in there...bah, it is all speculation at this point. I happily await my explanation in chapter 600...unless Kishimoto decides to switch to someone else entirely .
Old 2012-08-29, 14:06   Link #163
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
oh god, it's been the biggest foreshadowing on all time. the biggest trollage of all time. i'm just at a loss for words.

eat your heart out kubo
Pretty much. Loved it.
Old 2012-08-29, 14:13   Link #164
Ushio the Omega

Pape 2 of chapter 599 shows the following people entering the academy together all with the same height yet accoding to the official data books there ages during part 1 are as follows

Kakashi & Gai 26
Asuma & Kurenai 27
Hayate 23
Genma 34
Ebisu 28
Raido 31
Aoga 30

So I guess Hayate really was an extra special genius to start at the academy at the same time as Kakashi who GRADUATED AT 5 NOT STARTED while being 3 years younger.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 14:18   Link #165
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Oh, the academy stuff didn't make sense at all. To be fair, the writer is only human.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 14:34   Link #166
janipani

I suggest to just ignore the plotholes and add fixes with your own imagenation

BTW, when Kishi draws and plots, he does it while humming this song http://youtu.be/PL8CD8PjVmA

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 14:39   Link #167
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhha!
Old 2012-08-29, 14:52   Link #168
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That's one of the major things that don't click with me well. Obito seriously was nothing special. At all. He hadn't even awakened to his Sharingan yet until like one or two hours before his death.
I'm more concerned about the huge personality change, about a few years have passed after his "death" but when he fights his ex-sensei Minato he shows no emotions, he's like a killing machine. He was killing his sensei's family for god's sake, what sort of monster has he become, is there even 1% left there in his head that's that we can call Obito? I never saw anything of Obito in his personality when he was serious, not a trace. The only hint is when he plays the "good boy", it seems to me that he despises his old self, the good boy, he plays this personality to remember how shitty he was when he sacrificed his life, helped an old lady, etc. That is the only sign that he could be Obito.

As for the power level, we can say that he was a loser like Naruto and in some way weak like Sasuke. I mean Sasuke when he was Obito's age was doing really bad against Haku, it was because of Haku's good will that Sasuke didn't die like Obito did. And about 3 years after that Sasuke has now EMS and is stronger than an average kage. Naruto became also kage level guy by now, he has the kyuubi sure, but Obito was also upgraded in many ways, eyes and 1st hokage's cells, and who knows what else. If Obito's personality radically changed and he was trained hard by Madara, then Kishimoto could get away with this radical powerup. However it's still not clear why is he not blind, Sasuke's EMS is Itachi's gift. Of course that could be explained by the magic of the 1st hokage's cells implanted into Tobi. But all these explanations really make it like 0.000001% chance that all these unlikely events could be added up to have Tobi=Obito.

When we look back we see how stupid things already happened: Nagato suddenly changing his mind and helping Naruto, Sasuke pulling out Orochimaru from Anko, Kabuto achieving unbeliveable powerups while Orochimaru somehow always stopped at like 99% progress of achieveng that powerup, Naruto training for 3 years and being still weak but then 2 weeks training makes him so strong that a top jounin like Shikaku doesn't even want to enter battle, etc.
So with 5-10 chapters of Tobito flashbacks maybe we can make sense of it, after a few drinks

But even if Tobi is just Obito it's still a better than Lost's ending
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 14:57   Link #169
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I'm more concerned about the huge personality change, about a few years have passed after his "death" but when he fights his ex-sensei Minato he shows no emotions, he's like a killing machine. He was killing his sensei's family for god's sake, what sort of monster has he become, is there even 1% left there in his head that's that we can call Obito? I never saw anything of Obito in his personality when he was serious, not a trace. The only hint is when he plays the "good boy", it seems to me that he despises his old self, the good boy, he plays this personality to remember how shitty he was when he sacrificed his life, helped an old lady, etc. That is the only sign that he could be Obito.

As for the power level, we can say that he was a loser like Naruto and in some way weak like Sasuke. I mean Sasuke when he was Obito's age was doing really bad against Haku, it was because of Haku's good will that Sasuke didn't die like Obito did. And about 3 years after that Sasuke has now EMS and is stronger than an average kage. If Obito's personality radically changed and he was trained hard by Madara, then Kishimoto could get away with this radical powerup. However that still does not explain that he is not blind, Sasuke's EMS is Itachi's gift. Of course that could be explained by the magic of the 1st hokage's cells implanted into Tobi.

When we look back we see how stupid things already happened: Nagato suddenly changing his mind and helping Naruto, Sasuke pulling out Orochimaru from Anko, Kabuto achieving unbeliveable powerups while Orochimaru somehow always stopped at like 99% progress of achieveng that powerup, Naruto training for 3 years and being still weak but then 2 weeks training makes him so strong that a top jounin like Shikaku doesn't even want to enter battle, etc.
Maybe the huge boulder on his face gave him some brain damage.

(good to know you're still around btw)
Old 2012-08-29, 15:17   Link #170
b1gdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Doesn't make sense. He just murdered his clan for shits and giggles?
I think it was Madara who murdered the clan with Itachi. It's just a new theory that I just came up with but since Madara didn't die after his fight with the First, who else could kill him after that? Plus Kisame saying that he saw his face and he is Madara, and Itachi saying something like "Madara is nothing but a pathetic version of his former self", makes me believe Madara didn't die until very recently then revived by Kabuto. Plus the hair of the ninja that Itachi was shown meeting was similar to Madara's and not Tobito. I don't think Kishi would mess up with something like that.
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 15:18   Link #171
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
why did the 4th have a monument on the mountain if he wasn't made hokage yet?

I think its a soul taking over the body, because if it is obito then damn they made a caring kid who would help an old lady into a mass murderer. rin has to be the key, she had to die some way to make him go crazy with wold domination if its still obitos mind.
Old 2012-08-29, 15:25   Link #172
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
I think the answer is obvious...time travel.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 15:31   Link #173
janipani

Maybe Madara lives through other peoples bodies.. a bit like seen in Darker than Black.

Maybe.. just maybe.. Obito is possesed, Tobi was first introduced as goofy guy as Obito used to be. Perhaps he was still Obito.. well this is just speculation, I have buggy memory on details. Wouldn't it be great if Kakashi could actually still save his friend ;D And they will rip Madara off from Obito's body ...

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 15:54   Link #174
Lendial

i dont get it, does the 4th not age at all?
Old 2012-08-29, 15:57   Link #175
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

What do you mean? He died when he was in his early thirties at BEST. Someone else can probably come up with his exact age.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 16:00   Link #176
Lendial

its just a little strange how obito is just a child here but then comes back some years later to fight the 4th for the kyubi but all grown up. the 4th looks exactly the same.
Old 2012-08-29, 16:09   Link #177
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
its just a little strange how obito is just a child here but then comes back some years later to fight the 4th for the kyubi but all grown up. the 4th looks exactly the same.
You don't age too much between age 25 and 30, especially a trained healthy person. On the other hand children grow pretty quickly
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 16:12   Link #178
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
Obito only "died" 2 or so years before Tobi attacked Konoha. So, I don't see why you think Minato would have changed much in that time period. Or, are you commenting on how different Obito looked during the fight with the 4th (if Tobi was Obito at that time).

Personally, I'm still unclear how Minato could have mistaken Tobi for Madara considering he seemingly knew Obito for 6+ years. This entire sequence of recent events just makes Minato look foolish, something Kishimoto has never really done before.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 16:17   Link #179
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It is very likely we've been fed obvious lies, and we're biting them hard.
Old 2012-08-29, 16:23   Link #180
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
Pape 2 of chapter 599 shows the following people entering the academy together all with the same height yet accoding to the official data books there ages during part 1 are as follows

Kakashi & Gai 26
Asuma & Kurenai 27
Hayate 23
Genma 34
Ebisu 28
Raido 31
Aoga 30

So I guess Hayate really was an extra special genius to start at the academy at the same time as Kakashi who GRADUATED AT 5 NOT STARTED while being 3 years younger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I think the answer is obvious...time travel.
or the answer to everything unexplainable:

or they could have been Gai's memories this chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Personally, I'm still unclear how Minato could have mistaken Tobi for Madara considering he seemingly knew Obito for 6+ years. This entire sequence of recent events just makes Minato look foolish, something Kishimoto has never really done before.
that's why i think madara needs to be in there too. it makes fools out of not just minato, but itachi, kisame, and oonoki. only kabuto saw through it apparently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
But even if Tobi is just Obito it's still a better than Lost's ending
so true. nothing can top that disappointment if it tried
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion