AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 57 53.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 33.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.93%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-09, 22:46   Link #161
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

5 bucks that the Sibyl system consists of the brains of people whose crime coefficient can't be measured like Makishima and Kouzaburou. That's why they need to be caught alive since their bodies are what's running the Sibyl system.

And since the director seems to know Makishima, why not go all out on speculation and assume that whoever can't be measured was once a part of the Sibyl system core and has chosen the blue pill escaped from there somehow without remembering their origin. This might or might not include Akane.

Speaking of the director, she was literally falling apart. Since she isn't the type who would be shot by random criminals it means that her energy source is bound at the same place from some reason (wherever that is it definitely isn't anywhere near the core).
Old 2013-02-09, 23:46   Link #162
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
5 bucks that the Sibyl system consists of the brains of people whose crime coefficient can't be measured like Makishima and Kouzaburou. That's why they need to be caught alive since their bodies are what's running the Sibyl system.
It's very likely to be that way...but I have to wonder why. Why would the Sibyl system need that specific sort of brain? What advantage would they have for the system over an ordinary person's brain?

It makes me wonder if perhaps Akane will be at risk of becoming part of the Sibyl system one day. Her coefficient isn't unaffected by stresses, but it does bounce back in a way that's unnatural for most people living in that society. Maybe they will target her, if they're running low on people like Makishima.

(Incidentally, I think the series will suck if it actually ends up with a sacrificial Akane-brain running an ideal version of the system. It had better not happen.)
Old 2013-02-10, 04:36   Link #163
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

By the way, this has been bugging me for a while now. But where did the chief's skin go?
Old 2013-02-10, 06:30   Link #164
garbage

latelate...

Man poor kagari, the death flag from past episode was just too much for him to overcome, plus he has seen the forbidden >.< too bad he was really cool replying against seung there.

so as I've thought , the director is sibyl or more accurately (probably) the main terminal? linchpin? of the system, she definitely can override Sibyl . and the processor is mostly powered by humans. although we haven't seen it yet. probably by humans like makishima & Akane.

So is makishima an escapee of a program, was he destined to be part of Sibyl? that's why the director knows him?
------
replies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Using animals to judge humans would be even more shocking, given the theme of the anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
If Choe could prove that the Sybl system was operated by latent criminals, it'd certainly WOULD cast doubt upon the system.
well It could be made up of latent criminal brains...there was this talk in the early episodes about why enforcers are effective " because they can think like criminals"
so it's perfectly logical if Sibyl uses latent criminal Brains as benchmark (with probably "clean" like Akane's brains for establishing parameters ), and unmeasurables like makishima as control group scientific method !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Additionally, it was a really.Really good hit. For her only scene thus far where she gets to bludgeon someone, she did a damn good job.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
and you've gotta love Makishima's surprised reaction & comedic fall to the ground ^^. that's awesome in intself, the "untouchable's" fall. remember even the badass Kougami (though previously injured) was unable to subdue him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious108 View Post
The implication that the main antagonist is basically no better than one of his pawns? Why yes, yes it is. For starters, it makes the conflict a lot less layered and a lot less interesting, which isn't usually the case with Urobuchi.
if it ends there, and Makishima rots in an unknown cell never heard from again, probably, but It's not yet the end. The most interesting characters are not perfect they make mistakes, which adds more "layers" as you term it(and this is pretty much Makishima's only one so far) just like any human. What happens next, what he does with his capture will define him more.

Quote:
(of course, this last part can still be redeemed depending on what happens to him from now on).
oops yes that's what I'm saying, you touched on it too.
Quote:
So yes, his behavior in this episode did cheapen his character somewhat, in my view.
...but I disagree here, I would view it as a chance of deepening his character more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
snip
agree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
So...chances Sybil is sentient a'la Skynet?
when I read your post I thought....an aquarium of swimming girls... picture VRO girls in swimsuit ....thst is why Seung was so happy taking pictures

Last edited by garbage; 2013-02-10 at 07:29. Reason: Additions for replies
Old 2013-02-10, 10:09   Link #165
U. N. Owen
Realistic Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich666 View Post
Well... Bodies... bodies in the water...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I guess P.K.Dick wasn't mentioned all for nothing in the last ep.
... Why isn't anyone else giving this some serious thought?

Last edited by Hunter; 2013-02-11 at 11:55.
Old 2013-02-10, 10:16   Link #166
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by U. N. Owen View Post
... Why isn't anyone else giving this some serious thought?
They are....

Quote:
when I read your post I thought....an aquarium of swimming girls... picture VRO girls in swimsuit ....thst is why Seung was so happy taking pictures
Pictures hordes of the Chief doing what you mention while doing "supposedly intelligent and sophisticated communion physical activities common in contemporary science fiction involving AI's formed from gestalt minds"....*vomits*
Old 2013-02-10, 12:59   Link #167
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
By the way, this has been bugging me for a while now. But where did the chief's skin go?
Choe fired acid at her. The skin melted.
Old 2013-02-10, 16:09   Link #168
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Choe fired acid at her. The skin melted.
When did he do that?
Old 2013-02-10, 16:10   Link #169
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

When did that happen? How would I miss something like that?
Old 2013-02-10, 16:24   Link #170
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
When did that happen? How would I miss something like that?
They fired at almost the same time. The one that came from the dominator gun pierced through the acid shot, making a spray(?) that caught half of the chief's body.
Old 2013-02-10, 16:32   Link #171
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

then it is obvious that Kagari died not need to have seen are body explode as Cho Sung-gu ... The chief could not let Kagari alive after what he has "seen"
:/
Old 2013-02-10, 19:14   Link #172
Beltane70

For anyone that's confused about how the chief wound up in her condition:

Old 2013-02-10, 22:47   Link #173
whitecloud

i dont know if it has been posted before....

Get your PSYCHO PASS SCAN here !!
http://en.shindanmaker.com/285692

step right up...

im not the one that make it though...

tell me your result...by the way my result is 165...damn must be because of those horror movies and my job...i guess i must get those helmet and run from sybil
Old 2013-02-10, 23:03   Link #174
U. N. Owen
Realistic Idealist

It has been posted many times. Randomizes your crime coefficient each time, and doesn't do a good job predicting your danger- if this is the same one...

"my name"'s Criminal Coefficient is 405; Lethal Eliminator enabled. Carefully shoot and kill "my name".

Yup, same one alright.

If I were living in Sibyl's society, I'd be fucked. Be flagged at every street scanner I passed.
Old 2013-02-10, 23:20   Link #175
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Finally caught the episode...

RIP Kagari. I had Yayoi or the Old Guy pegged as the ones to die first, but I was wrong. Shion better hope Chief Cyborg doesn't know Shion was the one who hacked into there for Ko and co....or she's next.

GO AKANE! Beat Makishima with that helmet....I hope Ko isn't too hard on her for not killing him.

And as much as I adore Ko he sure gets his ass kicked around a lot doesn't he?

and apparently I"m a good girl, 'cause my PP is 80
Old 2013-02-11, 01:59   Link #176
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Oh. Wow...... I have never seen such an.... epic episode in a long time.
Someone was right about the Chief being a cyborg. That guy is a time traveler...

I really enjoyed that the characters were actually getting wounded as they fight each of the henchmen as oppose to one hit knock out until reaching the final boss. It creates a great suspense with the excellent animation.
Old 2013-02-12, 13:03   Link #177
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Oh. Wow...... I have never seen such an.... epic episode in a long time.
Someone was right about the Chief being a cyborg. That guy is a time traveler...
To be fair, there was an earlier ep where she was scanning data at the end...
Old 2013-02-13, 08:42   Link #178
Allium
Keep on keeping on

What a great end to Makishima's plan and overall, his 'arc.' Didn't expect Makishima to overwhelm Kougami so quickly during the fight, but Akane made up for that with the helmet. However, things won't stop there though - obviously there's much, much more to Sibyl and the Director, as shown at the end. I'm quite expecting one helluva of a ride from now onwards. I also hope that we're not seeing the last of Makishima...

Kagari didn't do much during the past episodes, but I couldn't help feeling a little twinge of sympathy at his death, even though I pretty much expected it after he decided to split from the group. I liked his responses to Cho Gu Seung, and the fact that he accepted his death with pride. So yeap, R.I.P.

Overall, another good episode. Looking forward to seeing Sibyl's true form!
Old 2013-03-04, 01:50   Link #179
4Tran

This is easily the best episode so far. However, if the show was actually about this, then aren't the first few episodes a complete waste of time?

A few more oddities: the Nona Tower's enormous, but there's nobody inside? How can a building like that get attacked with no-one on the outside the wiser?

Also, the conversation between Kagari and Cho Gu-Sung is way more interesting than the one between Kougami and Makishima. Name-dropping Pascal quotes isn't going to enliven a piece of dialogue unless you've got something of value to say.
Old 2013-03-17, 18:50   Link #180
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well I thought the show couldn't get more ridiculous. We have lightsabers and villain and somewhat protagonist engaging in hand to hand combat while debating morals while having that "If you kill him you will be like him" spiel. Well, as cliche it it got, it was very cool. And surely, this is not the end to pretty boy's plans either. The twist at the end was well-timed, and a full out loss of confidence in the system will cause a real collapse. But the Chief is the Terminator or something And poor Kagari... Akira Ishida had a fine performance as him.

So what now? Might is definitely more noticable at this point.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread