AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-04-23, 21:07   Link #4281
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Cosmina isn't exactly durable, if she's shot then she will die unless her trump card prevents it somehow. And NR most likely has taken her teigu.
The clown is pretty tough.
Lan x Kurome best friends forever.
So WH loses 3 with 0.5 deaths on the 'good' side. Pretty good ratio.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 04:14   Link #4282
desrtsku
Nympholept

Yeah, let the dead stay dead. There's enough living dead in this series already.

Actually, forget about Cosmina, I'm more concerned about Enshin's case. He didn't look particularly strong or anything but his performance was still quite something. We just got the guy's Teigu revealed and he easily beat the crap out of a guy Incursio Tatsumi can't even touch and another one slightly below Mine/Mein's base Level. It's quite regrettable he had to leave us like that.

Whatever, Dorothy is supposedly an alchemist, so who knows. She probably has some tricks that make good use of their comrades' dead bodies (if they can recover them, that is).
Quote:
Lan x Kurome best friends forever.
For some reason, I find this unbelievably creepy.
Old 2014-04-24, 11:53   Link #4283
Homura7

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 16:43   Link #4284
Kiltias

Spoiler for Holy.....:

And:

Spoiler for Questions:

Last edited by Kiltias; 2014-04-24 at 16:59.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 18:09   Link #4285
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
Spoiler for Holy.....:
Kurome had two fodder beasts, she said so herself. Also scimitar guy was on maximum strength due to the full moon.
Not really sure what you're talking about regarding the clown. Lan with some help of Kurome's dolls easily takes him down. The only reason why he could counter-attack was that the clown is tougher than Lan expected.
It is debatable whether or not WH is stronger than Jaeger but on par with Esdese? Hilarious.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 18:19   Link #4286
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Kurome had two fodder beasts, she said so herself. Also scimitar guy was on maximum strength due to the full moon.
Not really sure what you're talking about regarding the clown. Lan with some help of Kurome's dolls easily takes him down. The only reason why he could counter-attack was that the clown is tougher than Lan expected.
It is debatable whether or not WH is stronger than Jaeger but on par with Esdese? Hilarious.
Kiltias said "except Esdese", not "on par with Esdese". WH are definitely no pushovers, fairly above the Jaegers.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 19:38   Link #4287
orangejuicetang

Even then, I wouldn't say they're above the Jaegers. Wave soloed Shura in a pure 1v1. I feel like if Lan had properly finished off Champ, him and Kurome would have had a great shot versus Idol and Pirate in a 2v2. A weakened Kurome alone fighting against both Pirate and Idol managed to connect with several of her attacks while avoiding both pirate and idols attacks until they both did their big attacks from opposite sides.

To be honest, it's kind of hard to tell how strong they are when a fair portion of deaths seem to come down to surprise attacks. Champ got dropped by Lan and Kurome's surprise attack. Lan got dropped by Champ's surprise attack who had survived. Cosmia got dropped by a surprise attack from Mine. etc.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 05:43   Link #4288
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Kurome had two fodder beasts, she said so herself.
Also scimitar guy was on maximum strength due to the full moon.
Silly excuses.
Fodder Beasts or not.Freaking irrelevant.There were still Doya and Natala who got wrecked with Kurome herself being hopeless overwhelmed.
Yeah Enshin was at max strength.Your point?He was at full power.That's precisely it.He wasn't at 50%, he wasn't at 30%, he was at his Peak.
Who the fuck said anything about the Clown being hard to take down?Don't make up shit.That only proves Lan underestimated him as you all did.Point was the Champ one shotted him.

Never did I say on par with Esdese, what the hell?

Quote:
Even then, I wouldn't say they're above the Jaegers. Wave soloed Shura in a pure 1v1. I feel like if Lan had properly finished off Champ, him and Kurome would have had a great shot versus Idol and Pirate in a 2v2. A weakened Kurome alone fighting against both Pirate and Idol managed to connect with several of her attacks while avoiding both pirate and idols attacks until they both did their big attacks from opposite sides.

To be honest, it's kind of hard to tell how strong they are when a fair portion of deaths seem to come down to surprise attacks. Champ got dropped by Lan and Kurome's surprise attack. Lan got dropped by Champ's surprise attack who had survived. Cosmia got dropped by a surprise attack from Mine. etc.
A Fist fight 1 on 1.Let them dish it out with Teigu first.

Well yeah but he didn't.Great Job Lan.That only means he failed and underestimated the enemy.

Nope, they wouldn't.xDD
Kurome had no goddamn Dolls left.It would have been her and Lan vs Champ,Cosmina and Enshin.Result would have been the freaking same.

Connected with several of her attacks?She only landed one hit according to the Raw.And it only resulted in her getting pincered.
And even then, that doesn't change the fact Kurome was screwed.Overclassed and about to get annihilated.

Surprise attack doesn't matter, that only means Lan fucked up and did the same people here do.
And even if it was a surprise attack, Lan was one shotted.Nothing changes that.
And yeah, Cosmina got sniped by an surprise shot of Mein so what?
The point here is that Wild Hunt is superior to Jäger and this chapter has proven it.

Man, people really trying hard to undermine Wild Hunt here just because they don't like them for their actions.
Old 2014-04-29, 16:33   Link #4289
Zakoo

Aaaaaand the chapter is out :

Spoiler for Kurome:

I didn't see that coming, nice author, you just made my day.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 17:30   Link #4290
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Wow! What a shocker! 3 Wild Hunt dead in 1 chapter, and it didn't felt rushed or distorted! What a pleasant surprise!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 20:13   Link #4291
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I wonder how will Wave react to Zombie Ran. He never saw this side of Kurome apparently.
Old 2014-04-29, 20:49   Link #4292
ShiroiRyu

Wow ...
Ran is not fully dead ... but in same time ...
Old 2014-04-30, 00:11   Link #4293
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Wow ...
Ran is not fully dead ... but in same time ...
Denial to die in order to become a puppet for a lonely girl...
Probably a fate worse than death.
Old 2014-04-30, 04:53   Link #4294
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I never used the word Fodder. I used the word Red Shirts. There's a difference between cannon fodder and a red shirt.

I think you're confusing me with someone else, you know, the guy who did say fodder. Also, how dare you define Fodder to me, when I did not use that word nor did I use that word incorrectly.

Red Shirt; the term I did use, is essentially a character whose sole purpose in the story is to die.
Yeah there IS indeed difference between fodder and Red Shirt, but it's clear you don't have clue about it.

Red Shirt - is fodder on good side (it originated from Star Trek)
Fodder - expendable forces on either side that can't realy do anything.
Mook - fodder on enemy side.

And anything that can make named characters run for it's money is neither of it. If it can cause trouble, it's elite mook (enemy) or Mauve shirt (ally), if it can kill, it's boss. It's that simply
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 05:13   Link #4295
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yeah there IS indeed difference between fodder and Red Shirt, but it's clear you don't have clue about it.

Red Shirt - is fodder on good side (it originated from Star Trek)
Fodder - expendable forces on either side that can't realy do anything.
Mook - fodder on enemy side.

And anything that can make named characters run for it's money is neither of it. If it can cause trouble, it's elite mook (enemy) or Mauve shirt (ally), if it can kill, it's boss. It's that simply
Are you really going to take my statement out of context and start that back up again?
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 05:15   Link #4296
Tenzen12

No, just remember that, so you don't make same mistake next time (well, what you said was nonsense regardless of context anyway)
Old 2014-04-30, 05:30   Link #4297
anonfr

Quote:
No, just remember that, so you don't make same mistake next time.
But you took my statement out of context? just uhg, if you ever feel the need to correct me again, don't.
Since you took it out of context, and you seem like a more reasonable sort I'll explain I never actually called Wild Hunt red shirts, I said the 3 who died were like the red shirts of wild hunt.
let me go back to my initial statement, since it started out as a joke.

Quote:
I'm sorry. That spoiler made me laugh, cause if they're not fodder, they definitely sound like the bad luck red shirts of Wild Hunt.
Basically, the joke is, put it to scale. For example, picture Wild Hunt as the crew of the enterprise. The ones who died first would be the red shirts.
basically they fall under 3 aspects of the red shirt trope. 1. Their purpose is almost exclusively to give the writers someone to kill who isn't a main character, although they can also serve as a Spear Carrier. Basically, Shura is the main antagonist, and wild hunt are like his limbs. The other members can die for effect, but Shura can't. So they'd be like red shirts in this aspect.
2. They are used to show how the monster works, and demonstrate that it is indeed a deadly menace, without having to lose anyone important. Basically since Shura can't die, Someone needs to die in order to prove to Shura that Jaegers and Night Raid or a credible threat.
3. The 3rd aspect is the one that sort of overlaps with a "black guy dies first" trope, as well as being a a stock character in fiction who dies soon after being introduced.

Basically, I wasn't actually calling them red shirts. I was saying they're like Red Shirts, if you picture Wild Hunt as the enterprise, and the ones with the least screen time who die first are the red shirts. That was the image in my mind when I made the joke at least. It's a taken into scale thing. I really thought you guys were smart enough to just sort of, get it, without the explanation?

Anyways, the characters I did call red shirts, were Tatsumi's initial 2 friends from the first chapter. As well as similar 1 chapter appearance characters who died. And I stand by that.

Also, not a lot of Red Shirts actually died in Star Trek. Like Uhura, she was a red shirt, she dated spock, she didn't die.
Old 2014-04-30, 05:40   Link #4298
Kiltias

They really went out and gave Champ that final boost of being despicable.

"WHERE'S THE SHACK FULL OF SUPER CUTE CHILDREN!!!???"
"Just remembering it makes me so happy./Blush"

And dat reasoning for his actions.
Old 2014-04-30, 05:45   Link #4299
Tenzen12

Quote:
But you took my statement out of context? just uhg, if you ever feel the need to correct me again, don't.
Since you took it out of context, and you seem like a more reasonable sort I'll explain I never actually called Wild Hunt red shirts, I said the 3 who died were like the red shirts of wild hunt.
let me go back to my initial statement, since it started out as a joke.

Basically, the joke is, put it to scale. For example, picture Wild Hunt as the crew of the enterprise. The ones who died first would be the red shirts.
basically they fall under 3 aspects of the red shirt trope. 1. Their purpose is almost exclusively to give the writers someone to kill who isn't a main character, although they can also serve as a Spear Carrier. Basically, Shura is the main antagonist, and wild hunt are like his limbs. The other members can die for effect, but Shura can't. So they'd be like red shirts in this aspect.
2. They are used to show how the monster works, and demonstrate that it is indeed a deadly menace, without having to lose anyone important. Basically since Shura can't die, Someone needs to die in order to prove to Shura that Jaegers and Night Raid or a credible threat.
3. The 3rd aspect is the one that sort of overlaps with a "black guy dies first" trope, as well as being a a stock character in fiction who dies soon after being introduced.

Basically, I wasn't actually calling them red shirts. I was saying they're like Red Shirts, if you picture Wild Hunt as the enterprise, and the ones with the least screen time who die first are the red shirts. That was the image in my mind when I made the joke at least. It's a taken into scale thing. I really thought you guys were smart enough to just sort of, get it, without the explanation?

Anyways, the characters I did call red shirts, were Tatsumi's initial 2 friends from the first chapter. As well as similar 1 chapter appearance characters who died. And I stand by that.

Also, not a lot of Red Shirts actually died in Star Trek. Like Uhura, she was a red shirt, she dated spock, she didn't die.

"Red shirt of Wild hunt" I get it, but they still were able kill one of Jeagers, which put them clearly into boss category or to be exact into category of "miniboss squad". If I went your logic Leone and Rabac would be "Red Shirts of NR"

And for it's origin Red shirts was uniform of enterprise security personels, whenever someone died it was one of them, usualy on begenning of episode. Uhura had red one-piece not shirt...

And despite of disagreeing with you again, I don't find your post condescendings or anything.
Old 2014-04-30, 05:54   Link #4300
anonfr

Quote:
"Red shirt of Wild hunt" I get it, but they still were able kill one of Jeagers, which put them clearly into boss category or to be exact into category of "miniboss squad". If I went your logic Leone and Rabac would be "Red Shirts of NR"

And for it's origin Red shirts was uniform of enterprise security personels, whenever someone died it was one of them, usually on beginning of episode.

And despite of disagreeing with you again, I don't find your post condescending's or anything.
As long as you get what I meant. I guess, going by the logic I gave, you're sort of right about Rabac and Leone, but in context Chelsea could fall under it more than Rabac or Leone? But the difference between Chelsea, or even Rabac and Leone, in comparison to the WH characters who died was that all 3 of them have back story, some origin, and character development. The WH characters who died have little to no personal information given. The show up, rape and torture, and die.

But again, it was really more of a joke than anything, I was just explaining the logic behind the joke. Is joke logic meant to be taken seriously? I mean, I don't actually think you're wrong, but I think the logic used to explain the context of a joke isn't really applicable to serious debate.

And, the Red Shirt uniform wasn't just for security, since again Uhura wasn't security, she was a linguistics technician. I think anyone of lower ranks was generally a Red Shirt. Also a lot of Gold Shirts would die in the beginning of episodes too. Like, a higher ranked official that would visit or be around for some sort of detail, only to be murdered, or secretly the host to a parasite. The whole Monster of the week aspect to the show didn't leave anyone off the main cast safe, regardless of shirt color.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!