AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-05-25, 15:10   Link #3861
marvelB

^*Shrug* I got the pic from the same source I usually get them from, so I don't really see a reason for it to be fake. Though, I guess the blurriness doesn't really help, does it? Anyhoo, as for my comment on the spoiler:

Spoiler for 269:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 15:09   Link #3862
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm still wondering why losing his emotions makes him more evil and powerful. He seems to have had his emotions even back when he first met Elizabeth, and I don't think he was any less powerful than he is now without his emotions. What's the deal? Losing his emotions should only make him more evil, although his memory of his feelings for Elizabeth seems to be making him less evil. So much for the Demon King's plan.

Anyway, yeah, thanks for spoilers, MarvelB!
Old 2018-05-28, 11:33   Link #3863
SilverGlavenus

Okay, so Demon King has Commandment of Darkness. Huh, so maybe Supreme Goddess has Blessing of Light.
SilverGlavenus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 12:34   Link #3864
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the pic was real, after all. The blurriness really fooled me.

Pretty great bromance in this chapter. Ban and Meliodas will have to face the Demon King. Time for Ban to show the fruit of his training, I guess, since this Meliodas is too weak.
Old 2018-05-28, 14:28   Link #3865
Wandering Soul

Looks like Ban won't have to worry about having the spotlight stolen from him while in purgatory, considering how weak this version of Meliodas is.
Old 2018-05-29, 19:58   Link #3866
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm just glad the story has caught up with Ban and his journey. Does feel as if this purgatory journey will be what he needed in terms of power growth and some good character moments. Meliodas will be counting on Ban since he really is just emotions and not really power itself. It was nice seeing Meliodas pretty openly emotional upon seeing Ban again.

Now they are clothed and ready to get the job done. Going to be a tough test to escape with the Demon King being someone they've got to get past. Should be fun to see them make the effort.
Old 2018-05-30, 10:54   Link #3867
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm very curious to see how they'll get past the Demon King. He should still be out of Ban's league, despite his recent power-up. Then again, Ban does have some interesting abilities that could level the playing field and allow them to escape.
Old 2018-05-30, 16:55   Link #3868
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm very curious to see how they'll get past the Demon King. He should still be out of Ban's league, despite his recent power-up. Then again, Ban does have some interesting abilities that could level the playing field and allow them to escape.
He might be able to use Zero Sign , from chapter 176 . He was able to pass the 10 commandments unnoticed , he might be able to pass the DK as well . But that ability can cover Meliodas as well? I wonder . That or while Meliodas was absorbing the commandments , Ban and Meliodas emotions are still fighting the DK . But DK might be able to undo Ban immortality
Old 2018-05-30, 17:00   Link #3869
Twi

....Whatever happened to Ban's sacred treasure, now that I think about it?
Old 2018-05-30, 17:40   Link #3870
LevelSeven

^ inb4 it shows up inside purgotory
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 18:37   Link #3871
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
We never found out. It was lost when he went to prison IIRC.
Old 2018-05-30, 19:55   Link #3872
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I want to see him get it back somehow. Meliodas got his back, didn't he? So the Sins that still haven't gotten theirs back definitely should as well.

Anyway, I just read the chapter. Yeah, now we can finally see Ban get the spotlight since this version of Meliodas is just emotions and doesn't have any power. I do hope they can escape from Purgatory, though. Seems tough if the Demon King is guarding the exit.
Old 2018-05-30, 22:04   Link #3873
marvelB

A bit late to the party once again, but yeah, it's awesome seeing Ban and Mel team up again, even if this Mel is "nerfed". But like others have said, this gives Ban all the more time in the limelight! Now I really look forward to seeing how the duo will deal with the Demon King....

Also, a bit off-topic, but seeing those advertisements for Kongou Banchou just reminds me again how much I want Suzuki to make a sequel to that series.... or at the very least, make a spinoff with Hikyou Banchou as the star (he's pretty much Ban's prototype, after all! ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
As far as I recall, Ban claimed it was stolen. That being said, it would be one heck of a coincidence if the thief or even the weapon itself somehow ended up in Purgatory, lol.
Old 2018-05-31, 12:34   Link #3874
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Since this situation will likely depend on Ban to be resolved, I wouldn't be shocked if somehow his sacred treasure happened to be inside of Purgatory . Everyone has theirs at this point, so it is a bit odd for him to go through the rest of the story without it. And no doubt a struggle to get past the Demon King with Meliodas would be a good time for that weapon to return to him. But we'll see.

But in the end the bros are ready to go. Just have to see how things will turn out.
Old 2018-05-31, 14:03   Link #3875
DragonOsman
Dragon King

On the one hand I'm not completely happy that this Meliodas is powerless, but on the other hand it might good to finally give Ban a chance to kick some butt and be in the limelight for a change. Good for Ban fans.

@Marvel: Yeah, it'd be a coincidence if Ban's Sacred Treasure ends up being found somewhere inside Purgatory, but it's also that it'd be really good since he really needs it back. What FlareKnight said is true. It's kind of odd that everyone else of the Sins has theirs back and he doesn't. And if it's not anywhere in the living world or other realms (though this isn't confirmed, I guess?), where else could it be except Purgatory?

The info dump on the monsters living in Purgatory was interesting, too. It's good to know.
Old 2018-05-31, 21:08   Link #3876
Twi

Yeah, I get the feeling Merlin would have found Ban's weapon if it was still in the world of the living.
Old 2018-06-01, 11:41   Link #3877
marvelB

Time for yet another brief spoiler:

Spoiler for 270:
Old 2018-06-01, 12:15   Link #3878
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks for the spoilers.

Spoiler for 270:
Old 2018-06-01, 12:35   Link #3879
marvelB