Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-10-19, 06:24   Link #61
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^^A Sean Bean character dies again. lol
Old 2016-10-21, 17:48   Link #62
Jaden

Well it's more polished than the previous two games were on launch, but still, the game balance is way off kilter and the AI is severely retarded strategically.

My first game was with Kongo, and it was a super easy cultural victory. No need for the Internet or other end-game stuff, everyone keeled over from my tourism in the early 19th century. I gobbled up like 90% of the great people. Only other civ in my continent was England, and as long as I met their agenda criteria, they never attacked or threatened me despite me taking their space and my military being outnumbered 1 to 10.

Next up I rolled Brazil, another great people generating civ, so I tried doing the same thing. But, turns out Kongo was in my game, and gobbled up all the great people passively while I have to tap all the hammers in my cities but still couldn't catch up. Seriously, fuck Kongo. I'm going to see if I can't nuke them next game.
Old 2016-10-21, 19:19   Link #63
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Ive had a buggy couple of games where my own civ declares war on myself, then my friends declare war on me.
Old 2016-10-22, 00:21   Link #64
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I had the same issue with my own nation declaring on me somehow. Also, I just met Kongo and after 2 turns they declared on me. It's Ancient Era but it was a Formal War which threw me off. I had nothing near him, so I was just confused.
Old 2016-10-22, 06:55   Link #65
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Yeah there appears to be quite a few bugs so far. Almost game breaking with some of them.
Old 2016-10-22, 07:10   Link #66
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Well, as expected, since the game seems to be geared towards a wider=better approach, it seems one of the better early strategies in Deity is to build up military and completely take over a neighbor or two very early (incidentally, it's the only way to survive early Deity AI rush as well). Diplomacy is impossible in Deity anyways so not much is lost.
Old 2016-10-22, 08:50   Link #67
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well.. even though the less realistic art style supposedly was chosen to provide a clearer image of the map I find it as much as murky and difficult to read than the one of Civ VI. I had to disable the day and night option cause at certain light conditions it was hurting my eyes.

The minimap then is almost useless. Too small and the border zone colors have a low saturation so they blend with regular terrain.

I don't like the new camera controls. In Civ VI I simply needed to move the mouse around, but here I need to press the right button or the middle button to achieve the same result.

Also by simply pressing "y" I could toggle the terrain yields on and off. I couldn't find a way to do the same in Civ VI apart from checking the option from the specific menu. As far as I can tell the various key bind options are only limited to menus, so no luck there.

I'm still in the middle of a game so my impression so far are limited to user interface.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-22, 12:12   Link #68
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I had the same issue with my own nation declaring on me somehow.
It's not a bug, it's a feature. People want a revolution! Take down the tyrant!

just kidding
Old 2016-10-22, 12:57   Link #69
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
It's not a bug, it's a feature. People want a revolution! Take down the tyrant!

just kidding
Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Tyrannies and Revolutions

I'm really annoyed they didn't have a unit cycling option. Forcing me to manually go into the game files to turn it off.
Old 2016-10-22, 13:39   Link #70
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I don't like the new camera controls. In Civ VI I simply needed to move the mouse around, but here I need to press the right button or the middle button to achieve the same result.
If you mean scrolling the map by moving the mouse pointer to the edge of the screen, it's still in the options but now disabled by default.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-22, 14:11   Link #71
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
If you mean scrolling the map by moving the mouse pointer to the edge of the screen, it's still in the options but now disabled by default.
Ah thanks I didn't see that. There's however still that awkward bit that if you go all over to the top the screen won't move because you'll be hovering on the top menu.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 01:25   Link #72
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Didn't liked the new camera controls either, it's going to take a while to get used to it.

Still, a generalized verdict from me after playing the game during the weekend.

The game is good, but nowhere as near worth the $60 they charged for it (or in my case, $68 in my country's currency). The AI is still retarded regarding to unit upgrades (sometimes even in the modern ages you could see warriors or slingers between the AI troops). Naval combat is a little better (now AI builds more than just one type of ship, but same issue regarding unit upgrades).

Several things may be confusing since the transition from Civ V, specially how tourism works.

On the positive, the inclusion of auxiliary units and army corps make the game (and wars) more fun and engaging. The inclusion of lower warmonger penalties in early ages, and giving a Casus Belli for a war in middle/late game is a welcome:

Examples:

-you have a neighbour that keeps sending missionaries to convert your cities, and he just won't stop? Go ahead and engage in a holy war and stop him.

-Or that guy that took one of your cities or a city state that you were allied with? Just a liberation war later and done.

The only sad thing (to my oppinion) is that Casus Belli doesn't appear until late medieval/early renaissance. A good change could be make it appear earlier, like mid medieval ages, but dunno if someone agrees.

The mobile game look may not appeal to many (me included) but I think it's just a matter to get used to it.

The few ammount of map types is something I just can't stand (Continents, Islands, Pangaea, Fractal and Inland sea). If they only had included the earth type... sadly, I can see this as a future DLC.

Some civs choices may not appeal to many people, I hope in future DLCs they include more civs, specially I want to see return Incas, Mayans, Mongols, Koreans, Carthage (lead by Hannibal) etc. And maybe adding some low radar civ/cultures.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 06:03   Link #73
Jaden

There's a quirk with the AI where they always tend to fast track the top line of the tech tree, proceeding very quickly to the later eras. And because of all the technologies they ignored, they are unable to upgrade their units.

There's an experimental mod by MadDjinn here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/thread...ee-mod.600302/

It adjusts the tech tree, and according to him, this mod causes the AI to upgrade into mid-game units like you would expect them to.

Unrelated note: love the menu music even if it isn't quite Baba Yetu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RBRdazOBeA
Old 2016-10-23, 10:54   Link #74
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
the $60 they charged for it (or in my case, $68 in my country's currency).
It's over 100 dollars in Australia. It will be quite some time before I can get into it.

That said, the visual look, the use of districts and some other traits are appealing.
Old 2016-10-23, 14:14   Link #75
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

After watching some streams I'm gonna wait on it. Seems there's some annoying bugs that still need ironing out, especially in multiplayer.
Old 2016-11-08, 08:10   Link #76
Jinjer

yeah kongo is an ass, i was just minding my own business as catherine de medici and then they showed up with a bunch of horsemen at my borders with gilgamesh gathering his own army on my other borders... survived the double invasion but my momentum took forever to start again, so i restarted as tomyris and horse-rushed everyone on my continent (also had kongo, babylon, AND a forward-settling england)... bunch of jerks...

for such a negative play experience, i still wanna play more of it (haven't visited this forum, as a result)
Jinjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-16, 03:53   Link #77
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Looks like someone made their own Mega City One.

Civilization VI City Has Over Two Billion People
Old 2016-11-18, 06:35   Link #78
ChuckE
Provoker

Well after couple of addons I think it would be better...

Though I am still waiting for AI that would made me frightened not because of different cheats like faster development etc. but because of the way it works.
Old 2016-11-19, 08:41   Link #79
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
Though I am still waiting for AI that would made me frightened not because of different cheats like faster development etc. but because of the way it works.
Be prepared to wait forever, then. Because I doubt that's coming, ever.

It involves tons of work, and most people are satisfied (as in, no significantly negative effect on their experience) with Civ V-level AI. Those that aren't will likely also be disappointed in the improved AI. It makes no financial sense to invest development time into producing actually good AI, and Civ is a commercial game series.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 08:05   Link #80
Jinjer

^ on the other hand, at least everyone has to contend with barbarians now (and you get an advantage for playing tall since there's less territory to police
Jinjer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sean bean, strategy