AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-05-13, 22:39   Link #481
larethian

totally agree on Index. Index's characters are somewhat lacking. moreover, the focus is given to the scale of the plot and not much fleshing out of characters. but I still love it though.

back to oreimo
Spoiler for volume 8 chapter 1:

EDIT:
Spoiler for v8 chpater 1 continue:

Last edited by larethian; 2011-05-14 at 03:10.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 04:32   Link #482
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
back to oreimo
Spoiler for volume 8 chapter 1:

EDIT:
Spoiler for v8 chpater 1 continue:
Yay! Thanks for the summaries!

Wondering if you might tell me though, how much of the following Japanese summary is accurate? (cos it looks like a fair bit of it isn't)

Spoiler for length:

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-05-14 at 05:30.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 05:05   Link #483
zeko

thanks

hope you do more

Spoiler:

Last edited by zeko; 2011-05-14 at 05:57.
zeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 09:29   Link #484
Maugomale

Spoiler:

Desperate much?

Spoiler:

Anyone else think she's referring to herself too and not just Kuroneko?
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 09:36   Link #485
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Still I'm hoping for a Kuroneko end cause well I really don't want a 360 turn and Kirino is adopted crap. They end to stay as siblings no matter what complexes they have.

Kuroneko for the Win
or anyone other than Kirino is fine too.
Old 2011-05-14, 09:45   Link #486
zeko

Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-14, 09:53   Link #487
larethian

because I only have time to read chapter 1 for now, I can't tell in entirety, though more or less true for those in Chapter 1, with some deviations. ?? means I don't know yet at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Yay! Thanks for the summaries!

Wondering if you might tell me though, how much of the following Japanese summary is accurate? (cos it looks like a fair bit of it isn't)

Spoiler for length:
the summary seems jumbled up, so it's rather confusing.

I also forgot to mention these notable stuff:
Spoiler:

I'll try to update asap. but I'm a little busy, since I'm attending a weekend conference.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeko View Post
Spoiler:
yes.
Old 2011-05-14, 11:40   Link #488
zeko

Quote:

yes.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-14, 12:23   Link #489
larethian

Quote:
Spoiler:
those are sunglasses. she just whipped them out suddenly.
Old 2011-05-14, 13:23   Link #490
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

My theory is that Kirino is testing to see how much Kyousuke cares for her. Someone very soon is going to confess to Kyousuke and I believe that whether if he rejects her or not will be the deciding factor for Kirino.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 15:11   Link #491
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
My theory is that Kirino is testing to see how much Kyousuke cares for her. Someone very soon is going to confess to Kyousuke and I believe that whether if he rejects her or not will be the deciding factor for Kirino.
Actually,Kyousuke accept kureneko confession.we need to see how the reaction of Kirino.
Old 2011-05-15, 04:08   Link #492
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm a bit disappointed that there's little to no progress in Baka-tsuki regarding the translation project of the light novels. I just have Seanver's blogs to serve as my source of the light novels.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 07:48   Link #493
zeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I'm a bit disappointed that there's little to no progress in Baka-tsuki regarding the translation project of the light novels. I just have Seanver's blogs to serve as my source of the light novels.
translating is not an easy job. believe me, i know.

especially novels. there are several factors that you need to take in when translating one. not because it's long. it's because of the audience you are translating to. see, translators for novels tend to not translate what is infront of them but what is behind it. they translate the context of the meaning. for example, sayings in japanese can not be understood by americans. therefore, they have to look for equivalent. another thing translators do is choose what is good for th ear to hear. in other words, what sounds english. other things involve translating the impact that the author originally wanted for the readers to feel.

non of this is an easy job.
Old 2011-05-15, 07:55   Link #494
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
I'll try to update asap. but I'm a little busy, since I'm attending a weekend conference.
No worries - RL always matters more, IMHO. But many many thanks for doing this!

Quote:
translating is not an easy job. believe me, i know.

especially novels. there are several factors that you need to take in when translating one. not because it's long. it's because of the audience you are translating to. see, translators for noels tend to not translate what is there. they translate the context of the meaning. for example, sayings in japanese can not be understood by americans. therefore, they have to look for equivalent. another thing translators do is choose what is good for th ear to hear. in other words, what sounds english. other things involve translating the impact that the author originally wanted for the readers to feel.

To be honest, OreImo should actually be one of the easier novels to translate (it's nothing like Bake, or Macross, for example)...but people like me are rather lazy...(^_^;; )

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 09:17   Link #495
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Toaru Majutsu no Index is a lucky basterd, having most of its volumes translated at the span of several months; what's surprising is that it's hell to translate due to its terminologies and various references. I hope Oreimo improves its progress this year, so that I know what happens between the time when Kirino leaves for America and
Spoiler for Volume 8:

;_;

EDIT: And I'm quite shocked at the reactions of the people on what happened. 4chan's even avoiding opening similar topics to avoid "The Greatest Sh*tstorm of Our Time" to happen, and IRL, some of the fans even burn precious pieces of merchandise as a form of outrage.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 09:36   Link #496
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
are you talking to me?

EDIT:
and actually, no one is translating at baka-tsuki. I just did some on a whim. the first volume was hosted with courtesy of Hima********, sister group of Ay***. So all along, it was never active, as in it never had active staff from BT. and actually I did some because of the Kirino haters, but later I realized there are many out there who just can't be bothered to read the LNs. so well, I kind of love translating this because of the contractions and zokugo and Japanese net references I added to my vocab. but I'm already very engaged hahahaha, wwwwww.

and I contacted Hima through a 3rd party; they are short-handed and it's on hiatus. So until some new translator comes along, I'm sorry to say, tough luck.

Last edited by larethian; 2011-05-15 at 09:48.
Old 2011-05-15, 12:09   Link #497
taichi-kun

Thank you very much for chapter 1

Spoiler:

Waiting for chapter 2... how many chapters are there??
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 01:43   Link #498
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Thank you very much for chapter 1

Spoiler:

Waiting for chapter 2... how many chapters are there??
If what you say occurs, it means I got trolled for the past 7 volumes, and I'll burn the books (well not really, I'll give them away probably). Though after having read 2 chapters in volume 8, I can still see that this is not going to happen.

There are four chapters. Though the last 2 are much longer.

Shokun, here comes chapter 2's summary. Brace yourselves.
Spoiler for v8 c2 summary & highlights:
Old 2011-05-16, 03:49   Link #499
zeko

thanks again

Quote:
If what you say occurs, it means I got trolled for the past 7 volumes, and I'll burn the books (well not really, I'll give them away probably). Though after having read 2 chapters in volume 8, I can still see that this is not going to happen.
there is an american comic called "Amazons Attack". the fans were so offended by how wonder women was treated to the point that some of them sent it back in the mail to the company.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by zeko; 2011-05-16 at 08:19.
Old 2011-05-16, 05:01   Link #500
Maugomale

Quote:
Spoiler:
Hmm... that's very interesting. Seems even Kuroneko wants the siblings together. Me likey!

Also, I want to slap some sense into Kyousuke for being such a horndog...

Last edited by Maugomale; 2011-05-16 at 09:36.
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings