AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-24, 10:58   Link #1161
jonli
JONLIの憂'

How the hell did Hoi Hoi get 40 points!?
Old 2008-08-24, 12:30   Link #1162
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
How the hell did Hoi Hoi get 40 points!?
He was jungling the creeps until lvl 11 at which point he got a mjolnir, ganked bads while the rest of the Gantz team pushed mid lane until he was 16 then disassembled for bfly/stygian and solo'd Roshan for the remaining 25 points.
Old 2008-08-24, 16:43   Link #1163
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
There's a chapter this week, spoilers just came out and...

Spoiler for 279:
Hell yeah; thats what i'm talking about!
Old 2008-08-24, 19:15   Link #1164
jonli
JONLIの憂'

And then you find out that Gantz revived a pre-badass Kurono, hence trashing all that development he had for the last 200 plus chapters.
Old 2008-08-24, 19:30   Link #1165
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
Hell yeah; thats what i'm talking about!
I second that "Hell yeah" with a Hell Motherfu@%ing yes!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-08-24, 20:37   Link #1166
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
And then you find out that Gantz revived a pre-badass Kurono, hence trashing all that development he had for the last 200 plus chapters.
I would be so incredibly disappointed/pissed off that i would just stop reading right there. Atleast until i come back for more.
Old 2008-08-25, 08:17   Link #1167
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Oku probably watched a bit too much Kung Fu Panda.

Hoi Hoi was whooping alien ass without us knowing it.
Old 2008-08-25, 14:58   Link #1168
Diedrupo

So why did a good chunk of the team get 0 points? I guess the basic grunt aliens in the mission were 0 pointers eh?
Old 2008-08-25, 20:19   Link #1169
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
So why did a good chunk of the team get 0 points? I guess the basic grunt aliens in the mission were 0 pointers eh?
Its also possible they had no relation with Nuri's goons. The giant Nuri scene annihilating them makes more sense that way.
Old 2008-08-26, 08:09   Link #1170
Animecentred

It was that or he wasn't sure where the attack came from and just destroyed everything to be safe. After all whats his face with nerd-guy sniped him outside of his area of awareness so he probably went mad to try and kill the attacker

But on a lighter note YAY, Hoi Hoi survived, he is one of my favorite characters, i hope he doesn't vanish like the dog
But one thing quickly, if they do revive Kurono wont he be revived outside of the game. After all he died as a civilian, i wouldn't mind that aslong as they kill off Tae
Old 2008-08-26, 08:13   Link #1171
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animecentred View Post
It was that or he wasn't sure where the attack came from and just destroyed everything to be safe. After all whats his face with nerd-guy sniped him outside of his area of awareness so he probably went mad to try and kill the attacker
Pretty sure he blasted the other aliens before he got sniped.

EDIT: Nvm. He did get sniped first. Didn't remember the woman part.

Last edited by Shiryuu; 2008-08-26 at 12:44.
Old 2008-08-26, 08:33   Link #1172
Animecentred

Really, i thought it was after, as when he first jumped down he turned into the women, thats when he got sniped. After that he became the giant golem/laser eye thing destroying everything round him.

(as for the points, as some of the creatures were really weak they could have counted as like 0.1 points so no matter how many you kill you still have a long way to go to hit 100(also Hoi Hoi probably ate the insect aliens))
Old 2008-08-26, 11:53   Link #1173
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
They were 1 pointers if I remember well. Reika, the old man and Sakurai didn't get any points simply because they didn't do anything before meeting the boss. They decided early in the mission that it would be safer for them to just leave the aliens to the Osaka team.
Old 2008-08-29, 02:05   Link #1174
Umaibo

I just read it! HE IS BACK! =D
Old 2008-08-29, 04:01   Link #1175
Animecentred

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!

That is great news, is he badass or pre-badass Kuruno
Old 2008-08-29, 06:06   Link #1176
CygnusX

Love it that this arc is finally really really over!

Even though the art of Gantz is always beautifully drawn, I didn't like the much too long dragged fight, maybe if I reread all in one go, it'll be all right but if you have to wait every 2 weeks for 20 pages, it's torture

Panda 40 points lol. I'd like to see him fighting in a special extra chapter or something.
Kurono back, hell YEAH!!! Since he was revived and forgot his memories before he died, as an outsider, it's possible that he has forgotten, but I'd like to believe that Gantz restores his memories to the point before he decided to run away. If he doesn't, then I'm sure Kurono will gain it all back when he fights the next time.

I hope the characters who are fighting realise that there's no way of turning back once you're dead (The death of Kurono almost immediately after being revived migh be an indication of that Gantz is trying to tell them it's useless to try) and instead decide to try to work together to find out what exactly is going on and take the role of protectors of the human world, with Kurono as the real leader again. If he dies or runs away next chapter, I'm gonna be pissed!

At this point, finally some real development in the story is possible. There's the leftover Osaka team, Tokyo team and the vampires who might be able to talk together now, so I hope we learn something useful in next chapters. The two weeks wait will be long this time, but I think it'll be worth it
Old 2008-08-29, 11:19   Link #1177
sumowow

I love all the captions that gantz gives to the players of the gantz game. Like the girl
Spoiler:

Or maybe even the guy
Spoiler:

Those are quite possibly the best parts of the entire gantz game besides the fighting itself.
Old 2008-08-29, 16:17   Link #1178
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i wonder what choice will hoi hoi choose when it got 100 pt

Last edited by kk2extreme; 2008-08-29 at 21:19.
Old 2008-08-29, 19:34   Link #1179
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Probably some nunchucks.

Quote:
Breasts grow way too much, Likes katou way too much.
You mean Kurono.
Old 2008-08-29, 19:50   Link #1180
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animecentred View Post
But one thing quickly, if they do revive Kurono wont he be revived outside of the game. After all he died as a civilian, i wouldn't mind that aslong as they kill off Tae
I was gonna say that, but someone beat me to it. Except the part about Tae, she can't ever die. (Again.)
Closed Thread