AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 162 45.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 8.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 8.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 42 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 4.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 4.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 1.40%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 10 2.80%
1 out of 10 : Painful 40 11.20%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-06, 12:13   Link #181
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, either we get Sigh, some sort of Anime only story, or we get to see a singing Combat Waitress/Bunny Girl sing a song really badly...much like what happened in April of 2006....
Old 2009-08-06, 12:16   Link #182
Xiomay
Bazinga~!

Send a message via AIM to Xiomay Send a message via MSN to Xiomay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, last I checked, it already has 27 10s... that's pretty good for something that hasn't even been subbed yet.

Speaking personally, I'm not going to rate an episode until I watch it in a way that my English-speaking self can understand.

It's a fairly safe bet I'll give this at least a 8 simply for ending Endless Eight, but beyond that... the quality of the episode taken on its own merits will be important.

The best thing about this all is that I no longer think that KyoAni/Kadokawa was trolling us. I think that they simply had a very bad arc concept that they though would go over much better than it did.

If the next few episodes are good (or better) episodes, then the Haruhi franchise is alive and well!
Ah well, now all of the votes are coming in. At the time I wrote the post, there were only 9 votes in total.

But again, I'm glad it's finally over. All I'm awaiting now though, is for someone to make an "I survived Endless Eight" T-shirt.
Old 2009-08-06, 12:24   Link #183
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well, either we get Sigh, some sort of Anime only story, or we get to see a singing Combat Waitress/Bunny Girl sing a song really badly...much like what happened in April of 2006....
Or Disappearance.

</hopeful>

Last edited by Dakota; 2009-08-06 at 12:56.
Old 2009-08-06, 12:27   Link #184
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomay View Post
All I'm awaiting now though, is for someone to make an "I survived Endless Eight" T-shirt.
I can see it now; it'll have pictures of Koizumi in a speedo on the back
Old 2009-08-06, 12:29   Link #185
Little Buster
Punkish...Regulary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
I can see it now; it'll have pictures of Koizumi in a speedo on the back
I would buy that and were it EVERYWHERE!
Old 2009-08-06, 12:37   Link #186
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I thought next week was the director's cut version of E8, which would include the scenes that were skipped from the novels?

Source: moonphase
Old 2009-08-06, 12:38   Link #187
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

next week is the recap episode of Endless Eight

also now that its over...I have this weird feeling...could it be that....I liked it after all?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-08-06, 12:42   Link #188
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Who bet that this one is the GOOD ?

Me i bet !

And if not

Then .... Shit !
Old 2009-08-06, 12:43   Link #189
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Yes! It's finally over! Endless Eight is not endless after all.

I'll give it a 7/10 since the ending was predictable and the same content excep ending.
Old 2009-08-06, 12:44   Link #190
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The best thing about this all is that I no longer think that KyoAni/Kadokawa was trolling us. I think that they simply had a very bad arc concept that they though would go over much better than it did.

If the next few episodes are good (or better) episodes, then the Haruhi franchise is alive and well!
Amazing. How many weeks have I been trying to say "this isn't the end of the world", and "it's a setback, not a death knell", and "the franchise will be fine", and so on and so on, and you (and others) kept on arguing and arguing and arguing... And now it's like happy smiles, and positive forward thinking, and "everythin's comin' up roses". What, did you not actually believe that this day would come or something?

Personally, I still think causing controversy was always the plan, and it worked out just as intended. The fanbase is just too extreme and emotional, and couldn't just take it as it came in confidence that it was all part of the plan. The real show here has been the fan reactions, and it's sort of too bad that people who are waiting for the DVDs won't get the "real experience" in that regard. The "I Survived" idea is right on -- being here for this event (and still being here now that it's over) was the point. Once things have fully calmed down, I hope that some of you will go back and read some of your old posts on the subject, especially some of the crazy theories as to "what went wrong". It's good reading!
Old 2009-08-06, 12:44   Link #191
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I thought next week was the director's cut version of E8, which would include the scenes that were skipped from the novels?

Source: moonphase
Ha ha ha ha... !

Oooooo... Very clever and evil, Proto!
Old 2009-08-06, 12:46   Link #192
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nfirmed-to-end

Just watch the news and i was right ! Hurray its the end ... but will he be worth watching ...
Old 2009-08-06, 12:48   Link #193
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
I can happily say I've watched every E8
Old 2009-08-06, 12:58   Link #194
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Amazing. How many weeks have I been trying to say "this isn't the end of the world", and "it's a setback, not a death knell", and "the franchise will be fine", and so on and so on, and you (and others) kept on arguing and arguing and arguing... And now it's like happy smiles, and positive forward thinking, and "everythin's comin' up roses". What, did you not actually believe that this day would come or something?
I still think that the Endless Eight DVDs may very well not sell well.

I still think that this arc approach was a horrible mistake - even on this thread I earlier called it a very bad arc concept.

I still think that Endless Eight has done real damage to this franchise.

But amongst those of us who were critical of Endless Eight, there was almost always sincere doubt and debate over just why KyoAni and/or Kadokawa was doing this. Several theories were bandied about - some of them quite troubling.

The Newtype Article, combined with Endless Eight ending, puts an end to the more troubling theories (imo), and hence means that the anime is salvageable.

If not for the Newtype Article (which in my view indicates that KyoAni is well aware of the damage that they have done, and are owning up to it by promoting the end of the arc), I'd be far less happy on this thread than what I am.

Quote:
Personally, I still think causing controversy was always the plan, and it worked out just as intended. The fanbase is just too extreme and emotional, and couldn't just take it as it came in confidence that it was all part of the plan.
There's nothing extreme whatsoever about getting pissed off over being fed the same basic narrative this many times. Really, relentlessflame, it's weird to you for people to get upset over the plot being completely halted for a full eight episodes? That's actually a hard thing for you to understand, and sympathize with?

Quote:
The real show here has been the fan reactions,
Which is exactly why Endless Eight was a failure. When meta-commentary overtakes discussion on the actual content of the shows, that's almost never a good sign.

Quote:
...and it's sort of too bad that people who are waiting for the DVDs won't get the "real experience" in that regard. The "I Survived" idea is right on -- being here for this event (and still being here now that it's over) was the point. Once things have fully calmed down, I hope that some of you will go back and read some of your old posts on the subject, especially some of the crazy theories and explanations to try to rationalize the situation. It's good reading!
Those "crazy theories and explanations" existed because of how secretive KyoAni and/or Kadokawa were until the very end. It's not the fan's fault that these companies aren't more transparent, which naturally leads to increased fan speculation. Not all of us have your unshakable faith in KyoAni and/or Kadokawa.
Old 2009-08-06, 12:58   Link #195
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Personally I think you should receive some sort of commendation or something for having moderated eight threads like this without snapping and eating someone.

That we know of.
Old 2009-08-06, 12:58   Link #196
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
hallelujah
Old 2009-08-06, 12:59   Link #197
mokuseimaru

Glad it's ended. But don't forget that we have been betrayed and fucked with for the past two months. Don't let your glee get ahead of your reason. We don't even know if we'll see Disappearance for another three years or not.
Old 2009-08-06, 12:59   Link #198
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
*snip*
Again. We wait until we see DVD sales figures.

Cause I'm not quite sure how they'll sell considering that over half of them are still essentially the same episode.

At least assuming we're still going with 14 new episodes this season...
Old 2009-08-06, 13:05   Link #199
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post
betrayed
That's a bit of a harsh word. What is it with treating a TV show like a matter of life and death?
Old 2009-08-06, 13:09   Link #200
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

However, would that ending have worked without so many episodes of the same plot, over and over again? Would the feeling of relief have been as great? Would the "epic" nature have seemed over the top if this had been the third episode..or even the first episode of Endless Eight?