AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-08, 14:58   Link #41
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
The animation looks to be pretty good, and I liked the manga, since it kinda reminded me of Shina Dark in some ways(though the manga vers of the stuCo girl arc was horrific from what was translated). Hopefully, this will turn out to be a pretty faithful novel adaptation, since ppl say its better than the manga.

promo here if ya lazy to go to the 1st pg:
http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/daimao/index.html

Last edited by frubam; 2010-02-08 at 15:11.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 15:01   Link #42
Midonin
Last Engage

How about just an enjoyable anime? Adaptations aren't marriages, in that faithfulness isn't always necessary.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 15:09   Link #43
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi-chan View Post
How about just an enjoyable anime? Adaptations aren't marriages, in that faithfulness isn't always necessary.
Gah, you're right. It's actually probably better that I don't know really know the source material. Its almost always more enjoyable to watch a show w/o knowing what's going to happen. As long as it entertains me, that should be all that matters.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 15:36   Link #44
Kunagisa

Wow, so much fanservice ... looks like I found my ecchi series for the spring.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 21:51   Link #45
ZODDGUTS

Hopefully it's closer to the novel, the manga wasn't anything special felt rather average.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 02:41   Link #46
TJR

Don't know anything about this, but the commercial goal would appear to be along the lines of Ikkitousen.

We have the investors GENCO (Ikkitousen, Queen's Blade, Zero no Tsukaima), AT-X, and Media Factory. Director Takashi Watanabe (Season 1). Screenwriters Takao Yoshioka (Seasons 1 and 2) and Masanao Akahoshi (Season 3). It's a reunion of the staff and producers who spearheaded Ikkitousen.

Seven companies, including GoodSmile and HobbyJapan, are on the production committee, so they must be expecting some nice merchandising.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 05:33   Link #47
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Wow, so much fanservice ... looks like I found my ecchi series for the spring.
Doesn't look like its done badly though...
Old 2010-02-23, 12:44   Link #48
OkamiNoKaze

This series looks really cool. I can tell already the talking hat is going to crack me up. I like the character design, I'll be putting this on my "to watch" list for the spring
Old 2010-02-23, 15:51   Link #49
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Wow, thats a LOT of ecchi. But I got a feeling that I'll like this one for the laughs.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 20:48   Link #50
Midonin
Last Engage

The OP title has been confirmed as "REALOVE:REALIFE" by Sphere. It's portmanteauriffic.
Old 2010-03-09, 23:00   Link #51
Midonin
Last Engage

We've got an airdate too. 4/2 on Tokyo MX. This amuses me, because Angel Beats! airs on the same day. An angel on one shoulder, a devil on the other.
Old 2010-03-10, 12:59   Link #52
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I like the cast a lot. Just to show my own journey through fandom, I associate Kondou Takashi with Ralph Wierec in Soukou no Strain, as well as with Sugisaki. I liked him in both, and think he has a strong voice and good range.

Yuuki Aoi (two u's just show that her surname has a long u; a long mark over the u would do, too) is becoming one of my favorites. She is only just about to turn 18 and has a tremendous amount of skill she is just beginning to develop (Vampire Bund, Yumeiro Patissiere, Kiruminzoo, Kure-nai, Yutori-chan).

Toyosaki Aki is good -- the moe voice of the moment, and winner of a "new seiyuu" award this year -- and Hikasa Youko is parlaying Mio into a nice career. She has something going for her, too.

And since Denpateki na Kanojou, I have realized that Hirohashi Ryou is one of the very best seiyuu around.

The director directed Shakugan no Shana, and I see similarities in the look. That was not a favorite show of mine, so this probably won't be either, but the quality will be there. The writer who's adapting the novel did Elfen Lied, Sky Girls, and...Queen's Blade....
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 15:31   Link #53
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For better and worse, I see a lot of dissolving clothing in the preview. Here's a cast photo from the official site:

(front, l-r) Hikasa Youko (Mio in K-On), Toyosaki Aki (Yui in K-On), Kondou Takashi, Yuuki Aoi (Mina Tepes in Vampire Bund); (rear) Takahashi Chiaki, Itou Shizuka, Yonaga Tsubasa, Hirohashi Ryou.

Takahashi Chiaki and Itou Shizuka seem to be vamping it up a bit in the back row there. The three women in the front row will host the radio show, which starts soon.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-03-17 at 15:59.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 23:27   Link #54
Midonin
Last Engage

If you want a sneak peek at the OP (and Sphere's newest single), now's your chance!

Edit: Expand that. ED's here too.

Last edited by Midonin; 2010-03-18 at 23:42.
Old 2010-03-20, 04:39   Link #55
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler for A Brief Guide to Who's Playing Who, With Pictures:

You can tell a person's journeys through the fandom by which roles they associate a voice actor with.
WOW! Ken's voice and personality is my favorite! :P
And Mio's seiyuu from K-ON!? That's awesome!
I also like Shizuka Itou. I love Honjitsu Mankai. I love Hinagiku!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 16:03   Link #56
LKK

The Anime Network Online website will be simulcasting Iciban Ushiro no Dai Maou starting Friday, April 2. The series will be available for free to registered site members. Site registration is also free. There will be regional restrictions. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 13:36   Link #57
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Daimaou 1 - The Sorting Hat and the Scarf of Sexual Preference:
Old 2010-04-02, 15:54   Link #58
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

The voice! YES! Sugisaki Ken is back! xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 17:05   Link #59
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bah, I've been suckered into watching this show by a friend who said there's a childhood friend LI for the main guy. But just from the first episode, none of the girls have tripped my osananajimi radar yet, so yeah, I've been april fooled...

That said, I feel bad for the main guy. Here he is trying his best to be good, but he's treated evil just because he has been predicted to be the demon lord. Makes me keep rooting for him for some reason; maybe because he ain't the wuss most harem leads usually are?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 21:16   Link #60
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
The voice! YES! Sugisaki Ken is back! xD
I'm glad somebody else noticed this. Seitokai no Ichizon lives forever in my brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
... maybe because he ain't the wuss most harem leads usually are?
That's because he's actually making an effort to do something. This kind of lead male is refreshing from time to time, most leads of old made no effort to better themselves.

And, this gets added to my "gotta watch it now" list. I really like what I've seen so far in Episode 1, and not to mention even though manga translations haven't gone very far yet, it looks to be that the anime will have at least 2 or stretch 1 story into there. (3 girls meet each other in a span of less than 5 minutes!) So hopefully this will be a thread where the anime won't be brutally compared to the manga, I've gotten kind of sick of that lately.

Thinking about it... Normally the tsundere lead female (not saying she is) is bink and smacking the lead male into oblivion, but wow, Sai knocks out Junko-chan twice. Score one for a change in direction Easily my favorite moments of this episode.

And lol, I was hunting for this thread in the "Current" section, this definitely needs to be moved there to get more exposure.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen