AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 93 45.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 17.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 5.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.99%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-01, 09:00   Link #61
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Angel Beats = Let's bully the angel: the animation
Yeah, pretty much sums it up.

In which case, I say, F you Yurippe. F you SSS, for that matter. But most of all, F you Otonashi for not standing up for her. T_T

Poor Tenshi. Denied of her only source of happiness at the time of greatest despair. Guess it was extremely cathartic for me that the new seitou kaichou is hard ass and got the SSS 'arrested'. >_>

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2010-05-01, 09:02   Link #62
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Someone needs to launch the Yuri/Otonashi ship at some point.
Old 2010-05-01, 09:04   Link #63
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I would have to agree that some people are being a little hard on Yuri she's just a victim of he own short sightedness hardly wroth the death wishes people have been giving her. Also if you think about this episode sets thing up for a epic team up with Yuri and Kanade taking on the new student council president.

Oh was I the only one who saw a hint of envy in Yuri's face when she saw Otonashi and Kanade talking so casually together...I smell love triangle!

OMG! Why did I just say that now there will be yet another shiper war!
I will prepare my warships for yuri Yuri x Kanade then

Joking aside, i still think Yuri and Kaede are quite close to each other, and have more similarities than differences. Even without their leading role in respective forces. No one understand you more than your enemy, i guess

While the discovering of Kanede's history will be the key point of the anime. In the opposite force, I still think Yuri's history was brought up too early and anti-dramatic. Maybe something else happened, since that incident until her death
Old 2010-05-01, 09:05   Link #64
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
I'd think this will be a major plotpoint to wrap up the show.
You mean kind of like a "Lets Disappear Together!" moment...

I can see it now!

Yuri: I finally found people worth protecting!

Kanade: I'm finally able to make friends!

Otonashi: I gots me two girlfriends!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-01, 09:18   Link #65
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Someone needs to launch the Yuri/Otonashi ship at some point.
For a lot of ppl Yuri's behaviours this ep just trope'd that ship.
Old 2010-05-01, 09:18   Link #66
KariOhki

Best ep so far, IMO. The rocket chair parts were hilarious, and poor Moengel was so cute and sweet (and deceiving?)

SPARKLES.
Meidoshow: Maidklutz, Meirdio, Morooka, Seiba, Glassesmeido
Old 2010-05-01, 09:28   Link #67
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
An observation, why not shoot the "ordinary" students?
Same question here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Very good episode.Probably the first time this anime succeeded...
In the first half, Kanade's "Then choose the time and place" to the confession was probably the first time the comedy in this thing succeeded. Probably the most significant thing in this episode.

...And the second half was good seriousness.
Kanade=Angel
Yurippe=Demon
Can we switch the main heroine to Kanade anytime soon? ^^
Pretty sad seeing Kanade get absolutely nothing good this episode. The pursuit of unhappiness, yes. Another part of me enjoys this... But no change in facial expression doesn't make it fun, shame
So anyways, I'll hope that Yurippe suffers in the future for now. She does need her just desserts for causing so much pain to so many people, after all. Even if it used for comedy, can't forget how she's dealing fatal damage to those guys. But hey, you know the otaku rule, guys can't hit girls... but girls can hit guys.

Still... The teachers surely would expect something, right? I can't say teachers are like that in the real world, though Yurippe says it is like that.
After all, the STUDENT COUNCIL PRESIDENT... suddenly gets a 0 and makes fun of teachers? You must be an ant not to find this incident suspicious... There's also handwriting...
Kind of feeled forced here, this development.

As for Kanade joining the group... Well, it is an anime, after all. Lots of very good kids everywhere... If it was the real world, she'd be stabbing you with a knife for all the sabotage the group's done to her.
Probably Kanade herself was tired of the job and used this opportunity to get rid of it.
The food thing is probably because of the sense of void you feel when you leave behind something you've worked on for a long time, even if you don't like it.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2010-05-01, 09:36   Link #68
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Same question here...

Probably Kanade herself was tired of the job and used this opportunity to get rid of it.
The food thing is probably because of the sense of void you feel when you leave behind something you've worked on for a long time, even if you don't like it.
The Mapu tofu, i think it could means "a painful thing to swallow but actually is really good". The nature of Kanede's action, i guess
Old 2010-05-01, 09:51   Link #69
Dark Wing

Quote:
The Mapu tofu, i think it could means "a painful thing to swallow but actually is really good". The nature of Kanede's action, i guess
Darn you Key and your symbolism! But seriously I like that idea she just wants to be normal well as normal as one can be in this world...
Old 2010-05-01, 09:58   Link #70
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i think Yuri is thinking too small at this point.

if she wants a reaction form whoever is in charge, she should have just shot all the students and blow up the school.
Old 2010-05-01, 10:00   Link #71
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
For a lot of ppl Yuri's behaviours this ep just trope'd that ship.
I don't think Kanade got fired but just resigned and I think her handing over her seat to the vice-president will be SSS greatest downfall because Kanade never actively with after them but this new guy is going to get all up in their business...
Old 2010-05-01, 10:04   Link #72
Hypernova

Quote:
I don't think Kanade got fired but just resigned and I think her handing over her seat to the vice-president will be SSS greatest downfall because Kanade never actively with after them but this new guy is going to get all up in their business...
IMO if I was in Yuri's position I would have went out guns blazing right then and there.
Old 2010-05-01, 10:07   Link #73
Dark Wing

Nah! Yuri maybe stubborn and rebellious but she would never attack unarmed students...
Old 2010-05-01, 10:12   Link #74
Hypernova

Quote:
Nah! Yuri maybe stubborn and rebellious but she would never attack unarmed students...
But the NPC won't die anyway, and since the dude doesn't appear to have any GS (yet) it would have been a great way to declare "don't fuck with us" Fight Club style.
Old 2010-05-01, 10:15   Link #75
krko
The Movie is Coming

First half was half fail-half funny. Did they really have to repeat that Yuri screaming thing thrice? Best part of the that was the interaction between Tenshi and Otonashi.

The second half feels... wrong. So Tenshi never always had her hax. Since we've never seen a SSS plan that doesn't involve Tenshi somehow, what they hell have they been doing before Tenshi started attacking them? It feels as if without Tenshi attacking them the SSS is completely purposeless. IMO, they should have shown an SSS activity that doesn't involve attacking/forcing Tenshi's intervention just so that the SSS isn't defined just by "people who fight Tenshi".

But still, the episode was great in that brought much needed humanity and sympathy for Tachibana. They next episode should be interesting.

Also I <3 the concert scene, looks like Yui is filling in Iwasawa nicely.
Old 2010-05-01, 10:20   Link #76
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
IMO if I was in Yuri's position I would have went out guns blazing right then and there.
Well, the NPC react like real human through. I means they may ignore the war between SSS and Tenshi, and their acts depends much on the general "programmed" society. But still they shows emotions with independent decisions like love, hate, admiration...etc.... It's too cold and could be morally wrong to carry such acts. Then we have the risk of being retaliated by Tenshi also

Removing Kanede off the president post actually benefit the SSS in long run. Because they now can separate the duties and personal decisions of Kanede and guessing her real motives (as after the hacking mission, she seems not following any order from "God), also the real "enemy".
Before that, Yuri expected that Kanede developed her own weapon, and would always be SSS's obstacle. But now she realized things are not always as it seems, and they won't have to spend the next 20 years or so stealing food tickets or infiltrate girl dormitory. They can plan out a more accurate actions against the actual opposite forces

PS: Btw, where do the SSS members sleep? It seems like the concept of resting, eating, earning cash for coin machines does not cross their mind much (it will be insane to carry Tornado Mission 3 times a day)
Old 2010-05-01, 10:28   Link #77
Spinell

Very good episode. Looks to me like Kanade can't "pass on". She's trying very hard to what's necessary but it's not working for her.
Old 2010-05-01, 10:32   Link #78
evil_twin

Anybody else reminded of Haibane Renmei? To me Iwasawa's disappearance was a dead giveaway. At least for the time being, how the whole thing ends up will determine the quality of each episode for me. Also bear in mind this is Asia - afterlife is actually a 'between-lives', so it's likely a place to finalize the lessons from the previous stage/life before one can move on. Suffering, making others suffer (even if it's denying someone a bowl of super-spicy tofu), groking what it means and learning the lesson is part of the learning curve according to that concept. Bringeth this any light to the whole matter?
Old 2010-05-01, 10:34   Link #79
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
well, that's gonna be weird pairing.
best episode so far. yuri<<<<haruhi. GO KANADA!
Old 2010-05-01, 10:36   Link #80
Dark Wing

Quote:
PS: Btw, where do the SSS members sleep? It seems like the concept of resting, eating, earning cash for coin machines does not cross their mind much (it will be insane to carry Tornado Mission 3 times a day)
I think it's possible that they just sleep in the dorms like the other students or just crash in the briefing room. Hell how do we know if they even need sleep?