AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-04, 13:49   Link #101
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

*Reads latest raw chapter*

*Watches latest anime episode*

Ahhhh...now is a good time to be a Naruto fan!

-BonBon
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 13:49   Link #102
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier8200
I really hope no one bitches in about ten episodes or so.
Don't worry, I surely will, when the arc I liked least gets animated. However, even I have to admit I really liked this episode. Though ... in my opinion, the fight in this episode is the best of the whole arc, as it doesn't have this stupid powerupswe'll see rather soon.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 14:07   Link #103
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palani
Don't spoil !!!!!!!!!
It's not a spoiler. I didn't say which one wins!
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 14:16   Link #104
Palani
///_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
It's not a spoiler. I didn't say which one wins!
No but you already spoiled the outcome of this fight.
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 14:35   Link #105
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This episode was not bad but it wasn't that good either. I found the few minutes that were spent to show Chouji, Shika, and Ino very refreshing. Infact I am liking this trio even more now than before. The fight scene was animated very well. Sasuke definitely grabbed all the highlights with his well adjusted tai/nin to counter every one of Naruto, almost. The fight clearly showed how limited Naruto's skills were. The comfort the Naruto-fans can take is that he can absorb a lot of hits. All the fights Naruto won so far because the opponents always underestimated him which gave Naruto the advantage of having the element of surprise and awe to his side. That was not the case in this episode because Sasuke has a very good idea about Naruto's ability. That was the point established in those flashbacks of Naruto's fight against Gaara, Sakura's Sasuke-kun-saved-me comment and Itachi's comments. Sasuke, here, wanted to find out how far ahead in the scale he measured-up to Naruto. I have to say, Sasuke measured up pretty good. Now only if he had a monster in him like Naruto or Gaara.

Few other observation is in order. Although the animation of this fighting was very nice, the style and fluidity still remained unbeaten of which were shown respectively in Gaara Vs. Lee and Sasuke Vs. Oro-sama. I thought the first 30 seconds of the episode was akward especially the flashback that was used to establish the reason behind why Sasuke is in the hospital. Skip that 30 sec. The crack in Sarutobi's face has been fixed. Chouji and Shika are very good at keeping friends at ease. Naruto calls name too or atleast that is how AH has translated. Naruto and Sasuke went to their special jutsu too quickly. As Tramadram mentioned, the opening theme is starting to sound good. The ending theme still remains questionable. And lastly, Ino is hot!

Offtopic: Anthriel, as Xavier8200 mentioned already, you are too modest. If you need a new sig you can borrow my ASS pic.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 14:56   Link #106
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palani
No but you already spoiled the outcome of this fight.
Um, HOW? WHERE DID I TELL THEM WHAT HAPPENS IN THE FIGHT?!
Old 2004-11-04, 15:00   Link #107
Castelak

Is it me, or does Naruto seem to hold back a little in the beginning? From what I interpret, Naruto wanted a fight between members of Konoha as sort of a Kakashi/Gai sorta thing... but once Sasuke started punching Naruto against the fence, I think he realized that Sasuke is really serious about this. Sasuke even burned all the cloths! XD
Castelak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 15:06   Link #108
Palani
///_^

Quote:
Um, HOW? WHERE DID I TELL THEM WHAT HAPPENS IN THE FIGHT?!
Quess it all depends on what I qualify to be a spoiler.
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 15:27   Link #109
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
You confuse them with mizu bunshin. Kage bunshin are exact copies and therefore most likely exactly as strong as the original (otherwise, the jutsu would be even crappier than it is now).
They dont spell it out like they did for the water clones,
but its pretty clear that the shadow clones are not anywhere near strong as the original ninja.

(if that was the case sasuke would be minced meat by now)
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 15:31   Link #110
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castelak
Is it me, or does Naruto seem to hold back a little in the beginning? From what I interpret, Naruto wanted a fight between members of Konoha as sort of a Kakashi/Gai sorta thing... but once Sasuke started punching Naruto against the fence, I think he realized that Sasuke is really serious about this. Sasuke even burned all the cloths! XD
Why does everyone ALWAYS think Naruto is holding back? Why is this ALWAYS the excuse? Why the HELL would he ever hold back against Sasuke, the only one he's EVER really wanted to prove himself to? Someone explain this to me, please!

Next time I get my ass kicked in a fight, I guess I'll just say I WAS HOLDING BACK. THEREFORE I MUST BE THE WINNER!
Old 2004-11-04, 15:33   Link #111
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Why does everyone ALWAYS think Naruto is holding back? Why is this ALWAYS the excuse? Why the HELL would he ever hold back against Sasuke, the only one he's EVER really wanted to prove himself to? Someone explain this to me, please!

Next time I get my ass kicked in a fight, I guess I'll just say I WAS HOLDING BACK. THEREFORE I MUST BE THE WINNER!
edit: My bad wrong fight. Yeah you're right Naruto was in no way holding back on Sasuke thats bullshit. And some of that fight was filler so it wasn't exactly like the manga but no, Naruto would not hold back in a legit fight.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 15:33   Link #112
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:

Well, can you name one fight in which he did not hold back?

It seemed like he was trying his best against Neji at first, but considering what he was doing an hour later with Gaara shows that he was merely toying with Neji the whole time.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 15:34   Link #113
CyberPunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
They dont spell it out like they did for the water clones,
but its pretty clear that the shadow clones are not anywhere near strong as the original ninja.

(if that was the case sasuke would be minced meat by now)

with shadowclones, i believe chakra from the user is divided evenly among them, and becaues naruto is fueled by a demon, his clones are exact copies of himself. they share the same skills, speed, strength, etc. sasuke isn't minced meat because he's a very skilled ninja, like it or not. but i agree there is some discontinuities in the way the anime team makes the show. sasuke and naruto going from being even to sasuke stomping a hundred clones is one of them.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 15:35   Link #114
CyberPunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
Simply put. Sasuke was fighting with ......
i think you got your threads mixed up, dude. might wanna delete that last post :P
Old 2004-11-04, 15:39   Link #115
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:

It seemed like he was trying his best against Neji at first, but considering what he was doing an hour later with Gaara shows that he was merely toying with Neji the whole time.
Naruto merely awakened his hidden (nartural power) against Gaara he was trying against both its just his emotions got the best of him and he went all out
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk
with shadowclones, i believe chakra from the user is divided evenly among them, and becaues naruto is fueled by a demon, his clones are exact copies of himself. they share the same skills, speed, strength, etc. sasuke isn't minced meat because he's a very skilled ninja, like it or not. but i agree there is some discontinuities in the way the anime team makes the show. sasuke and naruto going from being even to sasuke stomping a hundred clones is one of them.
Sasuke looked like he was kicking Naruto's ass to me. Naruto was merely holding his own its was basically Lee's stolen taijutsu vs. Naruto's shadow clones. I think both characters played to their strengths and this fight was pretty even.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk
i think you got your threads mixed up, dude. might wanna delete that last post :P
yep already beat you to it.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 15:40   Link #116
Shrimpusmaximus

Naruto for the most part is always dead serious, its just that his power scales with the situation. For example in the Neji fight he was honestly trying as hard as in the Gaara fight, Gaara was just more powerful and thus required more from him. His power and all those people in anime who become "excited/desperate" is equal to that of their opponent +1.

As to naruto's trash talk, the original went something like I have never felt inferior to you, little sasuke. So there was degrading trash talk, this was just an extrapolation of the converstaion. I am not even sure that the at least I'm not a loser who is a burden was refering entirely to sasuke. I think it was saying, well if I'm a loser what does that make you, who is nothing but a burden.

Btw. where did the shadow reps have 10% narutos taijutsu skill come from?
Shrimpusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 15:45   Link #117
CyberPunk

someone got the explanation for the water clones and the kage bunshin mixed up.
Old 2004-11-04, 15:48   Link #118
Lost World
Banned

Quote:

WTF? WHAT THE FUCK?!

Toying with Neji? WHAT DRUGS ARE YOU ON???!!!

The only thing he did differently in the Gaara fight was summon Gamabunta! AND TRYING HARDER DOES NOT MEAN HE WAS HOLDING BACK! HIS FRIENDS WERE NOT IN MORTAL DANGER VERSUS NEJI, BUT HE WAS STILL TRYING TO WIN.

Am I the only one who thinks that what he just said is preposterous? TOYING WITH NEJI?!
Old 2004-11-04, 15:56   Link #119
XioVicious
A fallen Angel.

There is one thing I miss about the first few episodes. I loved how lonely Naruto was and how he had this hidden potential. How he was somethign special but I rarely showed. How you could actually be surprised. But oh well.

Last edited by XioVicious; 2004-11-04 at 16:45.
XioVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 16:27   Link #120
.Incarnate//
Such is life

Quote:
Hah, Sasuke is good, and probably knows *HOW* to do kage bunshin now, but that doesnt mean he has enough chakura to do it. He has to conserve his power and simply cant afford to split it up like naruto can.

Maybe he can make one or two real kage bunshin like kakashi can (the ones kakashi made on the bridge were simply regular genjutu bunshin), but probably never as many as naruto can. (besides its not sasuke's style)
Why quote my comment and try to show me up by chatting as if i don't know that? huh?
I KNOW that sasuke obviously don't have as much stamina and chakra as naruto...
I KNOW that sasuke can't conjour up as many clones as naruto.....obviously.....
Don't try force and overshadow your opinion over mine because a battle isn't only won by power alone........obviously..... tactics and strategies are needed also and kage bunshin when used; correctly, can aid the strategy; so don't dismiss my opinion of sasuke using kage bunshin tactically to his advantage as if it's a dumb idea
.Incarnate// is offline   Reply With Quote