AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-12, 17:46   Link #1021
mironicus

Vexed released the last chapter of Vol. 6 and also Chapters 1-8 of Volume 7.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...And_Company%29
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 18:18   Link #1022
Flere821
Lurker

Post Volume 8 comment/summary of last chapter

Chinese translations of Vol8 have finished, and it was Good

Spoiler for Comments on the volume:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 19:25   Link #1023
Aeshma

Did they say anything about them being cousins?
Aeshma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 21:47   Link #1024
sky black swordman

^ Maybe it was fake?
In any event thank you for that Volume 8 comment/summary @Flere821.
Old 2012-07-12, 23:03   Link #1025
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeshma View Post
Did they say anything about them being cousins?
Now that you mention it... *goes to check*

Nope. There was nothing about Sena being cousins with Kodaka >.>
Old 2012-07-13, 00:11   Link #1026
sky black swordman

Knew it.
Oh well this does not change any for Yozora situation or does it ?
Old 2012-07-13, 01:30   Link #1027
novalysis

And so, Hagani moves into territory where few other romance theme stories in anime have gone before - to the Post Confession phase where a real relationship begins.

Essentially, territory only covered by the likes of Clannad Afterstory and Mysterious Girlfriend X.

Is the author married?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 02:55   Link #1028
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Knew it.
Oh well this does not change any for Yozora situation or does it ?
You mean how Rika says there's so many flags for Sena it's not funny? I'd say a Yozora end right now does not seem likely (but then again this could all change in a few volume's time).
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
And so, Hagani moves into territory where few other romance theme stories in anime have gone before - to the Post Confession phase where a real relationship begins.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-13, 03:35   Link #1029
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
You mean how Rika says there's so many flags for Sena it's not funny? I'd say a Yozora end right now does not seem likely (but then again this could all change in a few volume's time).

Spoiler:
Yes this too.
But I was also talking about the problem Yozora has her wanting to live in the past and her being left alone issues .

I think he may do that.

And I think Sena knew subconsciously what she was saying .
Old 2012-07-13, 03:40   Link #1030
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

if i were to speculate i would say that maybe yozora has another person who got closer to her and later hurted her, probably becoming a stereotipic riajuu in the process, there is also the possibility that she simply doesnt have any social skills ala tomoko kuroki.
Old 2012-07-13, 04:15   Link #1031
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

It's good for the Sena route that the whole speculation about being cousins turned out to be nothing but epic profitable trolling. Still, I would say that Sena has peaked too early and the volume after the next is most likely going to be downhill since all her cards would have already been played by then. The order of likelihood for the end girl as it stands, imo, is:

1&2: Yozora & Rika
Distant 3rd: Yukimura
4th: Sena
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 04:37   Link #1032
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Rika's not even a blip on the radar I think. He's had tons of chances to get with her but frankly, she's had the least romantic development out of any of the females in the club. Even Yukimura has had more moments where Kodaka thinks 'man, this guy is cute'

As it said in vol 1, sena and yozora are the main gals. It'll be between the two of them thought I would agree that it seems like Sena has peaked too early. It depends what else the author has up his sleeve because most harem stories can't sustain themselves past the final 'confession' part

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 06:05   Link #1033
novalysis

If indeed Hagani obeys standard rom-com logic, then yes, Sena seems to be peaking early. On the other hand, if this volume is the start of a slight genre shift to a Clannad Afterstory type romance, I'd think that is a refreshing, bold and interesting choice. If indeed , this is a game changing volume, then the tone of Hagani might shift.

Last edited by novalysis; 2012-07-13 at 07:51.
Old 2012-07-13, 06:59   Link #1034
sky black swordman

^ So are hoping for a Clannad Afterstory type romance?
In any event the thing I want to know is what Yozora will do mow from what I am getting from the summary is that Yozora was present when Sena confessed to Kodaka .
Yozora what will she do now if he accepts the confession what will she and will break down or something?

And on a funny note how will Kobato React?
Old 2012-07-13, 07:22   Link #1035
mironicus

Seriously, there was no race or competition to begin with.

Yozora has still a very deep social phobia (suffers from loneliness, don't want to stand out, isolates herself actively because of the fear of being hurt, she hates all people that are luckier than her and she is unable to do anything to change that). The author really knows what he writes about to describe that anxiety disorder. And the point is that those people can only be cured if they accept help.

After being faced with her own problems Yozora was running away. And she still said that the past matters more than the present for her even though they had so much fun within the club the whole time (at the end of Vol. 7).

And of course - a social phobic being a leader of a club to make friends, that does not work at all! Social phobic also tends to have a control mania. Just google for social phobia and read something about it, you can see for yourself that everything that describes that disorder fits perfectly onto Yozora's behavior.

Everything Yozora does make sense then. She actually is a factor that hinders all the club members to find friends on their own as long as they are under her supervision (mainly because of her wish to have Kodaka for herself). Every time Yozora is not around, Kodaka is able to improve his relationship with the other members. They all are just afraid of her, even Kodaka herself.

Kodaka was able to protect Sena against three guys; he was really manly and strong at that time. But within the club room, Kodaka is just weak against Yozora because he fears her like all the other members. He stays so calm and passive mainly because he don't want any trouble with her. He never scolded her, showed her some limits and he never gave her a clear feedback about her behavior. However he did that to Rika and Sena because those are the girls he actually cares for and also likes most. He blamed Sena for taking secret shots of Yozora, however Sena did that because she suffered from being bullied by her! Blaming a victim doing something abnormal after being bullied is kind of abnormal...? Kodaka describes in Vol. 1 that even as a child at the age of 7 he was fully aware of that bullying can lead to something like suicide and so he normally would reject anyone that bullies others. However he doesn’t blame Yozora for being a bully - that is just an accepted fact for him.

So don't get fooled if Kodaka is very critical against Sena and Rika if they do something wrong in his eyes and even insults them in his thoughts within the novel. The girls he criticizes most within the novel are also the ones he likes most. Rika and Sena are also showing affection towards others in a very extreme way. But you can't hate someone really if they just want to become closer to you. Kodaka likes Rika very much, he even gives her some clear feedback about her looks... well, she asked him and he is just honest. Even Kobato never said that she hates Sena for her affections. Sena might even be able to crack open her shell and that is a good thing because Kobato is still very shy. Kodaka tolerates Sena in approaching Kobato and at the end of Vol. 6 he even helps her and tells her everything about his sister and himself. Sena can read in Kodaka like in an open book because he let her. He actually wants her to become closer to him, even unconsciously. Sena is able to trigger all his instincts, she adapts towards him and he feels quiet comfortable around her. Their relationship developed naturally right from the very beginning. To finally get together is just a matter of time and depends mainly of the one who does the first step.

To think Kodaka might be even interested in Yozora...? He pities her. Yozora gives him a horrible example of a person which already has given up and isolated herself from society which leads to an extremely unlucky life. Kodaka don't want to end like Yozora so he really wants to go out of this state even more. Yozora wants to become closer to him but in reality he wants to separate from her and his thoughts about the past. Yozora is not Sora anymore, she is a different person.

In Vol. 8 everyone besides Yozora are now able to step forward and form friend- and relationships. That was possible because at the end of Vol. 7 the group was able to confront Yozora with her problem which leads her to run away and loose the control over the group. And Sena does not have to fear Yozora any more because she was the one with the courage to confront her. And things can't get worse she is not even on Kodaka's friend-list in Vol. 8. The girls he likes most will now take a new position in his life.

Everything backfired on Yozora.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-07-13 at 08:01.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 07:43   Link #1036
sky black swordman

^ Agree and WOW you said a mouth full.
Old 2012-07-13, 07:56   Link #1037
novalysis

The point I'd definitely agree with you the most is that Yozora is meant to be pitied.

It seems that Sena and Rika have a far more healthy relationships with Kodaka , then Yozora (whose biggest issue, is as you have said, the fact that she wants to monopolize Kodaka). And Yukimura is still an enigma, of course. But if, so to speak, Hagani is firmly on the Sena route, I don't think the mystery about Yukimura is going to be answered.
Old 2012-07-13, 08:01   Link #1038
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

^Interesting analysis, and I would have agreed with most of it if Haganai were a psychological novel rather than a harem/romantic comedy light novel. In the latter genre, many events and interactions cannot be interpreted literally based on what we observe in real life. Because of that, I personally consider it more accurate to predict the end girl based on "momentum" and the character's position in the overall scheme.

Taking that into consideration, where exactly can Sena go after this? She has already confessed and made her feelings known, and after we get Kodaka's response, what's next? If Kodaka accepts her confession, there wouldn't be a plot left with her as the end girl without taking all attention away from the rest of the cast, in which case the club would become completely redundant. If Kodaka rejects her, that pretty much spells the end of her route. The third scenario would be for Kodaka to take the cliched path and pretend not to have heard her, but that seems unlikely given how the latest novel ended. Alternatively, he could simply say, "Wait," and delay the response somehow.

What worries me is the fact that Rika even lampshaded Sena's current rise by pointing out all the flags, which seems to suggest that the author is aware that many of Sena's cards have already been played and there's not much left for her. The fact that there's still a lot of questions left regarding Yozora, Yukimura, and Rika, imo, is actually beneficial for them in the bigger picture. Rather than seeing it as Haganai firmly being on the Sena route, I view it as Haganai being about to change focus to another character.

Nevertheless, I sincerely hope that the author can surprise me and take the novel in a direction I've never expected.

Still hoping Sena wins, but I'm more pessimistic than ever about that.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 08:01   Link #1039
Aeshma

No dude, basic storytelling demands Sena gets shot down next volume. The writer wants to milk this for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mironicus
They all are just afraid of her, even Kodaka himself.
Uh, I don´t really care much for Yozora, but you´re exaggerating quite a bit there.
Aeshma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 08:35   Link #1040
potchip

One thing is clear. Mironicius's hate for Yozora is stronger than his love for Sena ;P Just do a word count of how many times each respective name gets mentioned...Are you are Tsundere???!

Yozora sets off a couple of Kobato flags!
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen