AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 11 20.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 13.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 26.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 11.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 13.21%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 13.21%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-02, 00:22   Link #61
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Finally, I appreciate that Heaven Canceller took Mikoto aside when revealing the non-human tidbit, rather than telling the whole group. It's like he figures she's more able to "handle it", either because of her age/level or simply her experience in dealing with evil experiments.
More likely because she's their de facto leader.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 00:27   Link #62
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Also we got names of those scientists by js06:
Wait wasn't one of them Shinobu? She looked like her.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 00:48   Link #63
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
Wait wasn't one of them Shinobu? She looked like her.
Yes, one of them is Shinobu, but we already knew her name for a long time.
So no need to "reveal" it again
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 07:21   Link #64
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Finally got around to watching this episode. I find myself just being unable to care much about Febli. I don't dislike her, but I can't seem to feel any sympathy for her either. I also could have done without another bath scene, I ended up just skipping it.
The whole Machines moving without batteries or pilots and being able to ignore Miska's lightning is interesting, but the villains and how the plot is progressing feels so flat and generic. The poltergeist arc had a more interesting villain and just seemed to flow better to me. I guess I was expected I bit more out of this anime original arc in terms of creating an interesting story.
Old 2013-09-02, 09:48   Link #65
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Surprisingly, after we saw what Mikoto can do with her power during Sister arc, somehow she suddenly have a troble with only 1 mecha........
This seems to be a plot point, there is mention that the research is effective against Railgun and their goal seems to be anti Esper weapons. Almost like they are working on something that could counter all the level 5s if they were to revolt.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 10:30   Link #66
eavein18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
This seems to be a plot point, there is mention that the research is effective against Railgun and their goal seems to be anti Esper weapons. Almost like they are working on something that could counter all the level 5s if they were to revolt.
Since Academy Assembly is mentioned through the series, I was thinking more to the line of 'showing off the world what science can do by beating a level 5'

But who knows~
Old 2013-09-02, 12:39   Link #67
Primary Consult

Quote:
Originally Posted by eavein18 View Post
Since Academy Assembly is mentioned through the series, I was thinking more to the line of 'showing off the world what science can do by beating a level 5'

But who knows~
Espers are also "science"... more like they're planning on showing off how "plain ol' technology" can surpass metaphysics .
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 12:46   Link #68
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, it's pretty obvious that this arc's antagonists are anti-Esper and want to prove that human ingenuity and technology is enough to bridge the gap between "normal human" and high-level Esper.

It vaguely reminds me of anti-mutant villains in Marvel comics.
Old 2013-09-02, 13:55   Link #69
eavein18

Someone said they're like the geekier version of skill out

I agree xD

(Skill out -> show those espers what guns+capacity down can do!)
(STUDY -> show those espers what intelligence+technology can do!)

Personally, (compare to the other villain) I thinks they're lame and annoying... I also wonder how accurate does they think their data is.

Random male scientist : "So much for the third strongest"

I was like "The hell?! What exactly has you accomplish anyway? Mikoto didn't even have one scratch on her .__."
Old 2013-09-02, 15:16   Link #70
ReddyRedWolf

Do note this bunch is likely embolded with the rumors of Accelerator being beat by a mere Level 0 without knowing the details.

Febri wanting Gekota made Mikoto think of the little sister lost. Now this bunch wants to dispose of her?

Kids you are not the Kiharas and you do not want Mikoto in a rampage.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 17:19   Link #71
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, it's pretty obvious that this arc's antagonists are anti-Esper and want to prove that human ingenuity and technology is enough to bridge the gap between "normal human" and high-level Esper.
If that's the case (which might just be) then they are really stupid geeks.

They don't need to prove that. Aside from the level 6 projects, the esper development program is about creating research subjects for making technology harnessable by normal humans. It's already one of AC's purposes.

And AC's scientists are very successful with that, far more than a bunch of butthurt brats playing around.

... Yep, Therestina was an undeniably better villain.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 00:35   Link #72
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Do note this bunch is likely embolded with the rumors of Accelerator being beat by a mere Level 0 without knowing the details.

Febri wanting Gekota made Mikoto think of the little sister lost. Now this bunch wants to dispose of her?

Kids you are not the Kiharas and you do not want Mikoto in a rampage.
The 9982 flashback hurt a bit. But, at least *that* is over.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 02:50   Link #73
rladls716

Just like Haruue, Febri will be referenced in upcoming Index novels.

Touma might be somewhere experimented by espers that if he really did defeated Academy City's strongest. And he has to finish his summer homework.

Mikoto, she is more mentally prepared than before to face another life or death experiment cases.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 03:03   Link #74
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

So umm guys... the idea of Science> espers isn't exactly stupid... I would wait a bit before coming to that conclusion. It's pretty obvious that Terestina tried to beat Mikoto by using science to get super-powers in the first place. Remember anyway that the first season was at its best in episodes 22, 23, 24 (at least in the second arc) so we should at least wait until episode 22 before deigning to judge this arc badly.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 08:43   Link #75
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
So umm guys... the idea of Science> espers isn't exactly stupid... I would wait a bit before coming to that conclusion. It's pretty obvious that Terestina tried to beat Mikoto by using science to get super-powers in the first place. Remember anyway that the first season was at its best in episodes 22, 23, 24 (at least in the second arc) so we should at least wait until episode 22 before deigning to judge this arc badly.
By any chance, is this a reply to my post?
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 08:51   Link #76
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Heh, it's been about 2 episodes in and we're already judging the arc like we know everything. We know hardly ANYTHING at this point, and the wonders of Railgun is that everything comes together so neatly at the END of every arc. And in my opinion, that's what makes the series so great.
Spoiler for Do you recognise this?:

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 09:27   Link #77
eavein18

Guess I'm too cuddled by the manga~ (which is epic!)

Well, we'll see~

Btw, sorry for being lazy and ask instead of researching, how many episode is this series and the release date for each episode is once a week right?
Old 2013-09-04, 14:05   Link #78
StaticLord
Non-toxic Mikoto lover.

The Railgun S series will be 24 episodes long. New eps come out every Friday, subs are out the next day in the morning around 9-11.
Old 2013-09-04, 23:12   Link #79
eavein18

Thank you very much
Old 2013-09-05, 04:54   Link #80
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

You guys are being too harsh with this story arc. Stop crying over no Liberal Arts SS arc and deal with this filler.

I have to wonder why they needed data from Meltdowner for their plans to proceed. However, they may be working on a machine that does not work on electricity or something like that. Maybe using machines like puppets on a string? (see Febri in the OP). Also, there maybe a connection between her candy and that fever — be x minutes without that candy and she enters a critical state or something?

Well, there are still four episodes to expand more on their plans.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote