AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-20, 01:45   Link #3661
T-6000

Red Orchestra 2 runs great on the Primary Gaming PC, but......the A.I. in the Single Player is god awful. Well, at least for my own teammates. So out of frustration, I quit the game (and uninstalled). People online have said that the game's true strength is the Multiplayer and Single Player is awful. Unfortunate, since I'm starving for a good World War 2 game (specially one that takes place on the eastern front). I also gave Serious Sam 3 a go......and it just didn't grab me.

So next I tried out the long awaited Half-Life 2 mod "Black Mesa Source." Believe me, it's the closest we'll get to a new Half-Life game for years to come (my gut tells me that Valve will reveal something Half-Life related this year, though my gut has steered me wrong before....) so I gave it a playthrough. Unfortunately there was a part in the game that locked up and I had to end up doing a clean re-install of the mod. I'm thinking the lockup problem in that certain section could have been one of two things. It may have something to do with a Glock Mod done by "Doktor Haus". Or it may be because I played the Mod on a Different PC. With some Steam games, if you installed and play a game on one hardware, then move the same installed game onto a different PC it may lock up at some point in the game. My brother had this problem with the new Aliens vs Predator game, though he fixed it by "Re-authenticating" the game on the new PC. Of course, being a mod Black Mesa source didn't have that feature. I may re-install the Glock Mod another day and see if it still locks up.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 02:00   Link #3662
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
Unfortunate, since I'm starving for a good World War 2 game (specially one that takes place on the eastern front)
If you're looking for a fairly large scale WW2 games or big maps, I can't say I know of much. But, if you're looking for WW2/older war games you can give BFBC2 Vietnam as well as Day of Defeat Source. I loved BFBC2 Vietnam remake, so fun using the flamethrower, but I too bad there are no jet maps with napalm . Day of Defeat Source, was fun too, but it was too small scaled for me.

On the side note, been madly addicted to Battlefield 3 (I WANT BF4 NAOOO! lolz) and just recently got back into Shogun 2 Total War. I LOVE playing Shogun 2 with Darth Mod and pumped up army sizes (roughly 500 units per slot army slot). My laptop can handle it quite well (some parts of the graphics are shot down to med/high instead of ultra); but it does still go slow when speeding up the game, but who cares, I'm one of those that sit there and watch my entire army fight the enemy on normal speed

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 20:23   Link #3663
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Re-playing Advance Wars Days of Ruin.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 15:47   Link #3664
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Alternating between rebuilding a modification of a mod in Fallout: New Vegas, and playing (and getting eaten frequently in) Far Cry 3.
Old 2013-04-26, 17:45   Link #3665
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Just beat the final mission of Days of Ruin after 2-3 years lol. God, I feel so accomplished.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 18:11   Link #3666
T-6000

I'm currently playing F.E.A.R. 3, and since I now have a newly upgraded PC I
switched the graphics setting to "Very High" and switching on Anti-Aliasing (but turned off shadows, the game gets too dark with the shadows on). The game doesn't seem to make much use out of Direct X11, and based on the reading I've done online it seems that the only added graphical feature for the Direct X11 version of F.E.A.R. 3 is the Anti-Aliasing. That's it.

Well, it's to be expected I guess. Since 2007, many games that seem to utilize both Direct X9 and 10 or 11 seem to barely utilize either X10 or X11. Since 2011, some developers have worked around this by completely abandoning Direct X9 in favor of exclusively working on the Direct X10 or 11 version for the windows port. And admittingly, they've made better use out of Direct X10 & 11. But with the next generation consoles on their way, I think we'll see Direct X11 pushed even further.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 19:57   Link #3667
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
PS3: Still working on getting 100% Trophies in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD. Misread one of the trophies and thought I had to 1st Place all the VR Missions.... so I did it all the way up to Tuxedo Snake.... and then realized it only needed me to complete them, didn't matter the score.... sooooo... I'll probably work on the dogtags before I bother going back to VR again...

360: FINALLY got all the Achievements in Batman: Arkham City, including the Robin/Nightwing DLC... so I've gone back to an old guilty pleasure of mine... Brutal Legend. Just... Jack Black as the main character, the whole universe revolving around the music I grew up with, all the fantastic guest VA's like Tim Curry or Lemmy from Motörhead... the humor they sneak into cutscenes and almost everything they say.... oooooooh I just love it~

Vita: Only one trophy left in One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 2 before I've 100% it... I figured what it wanted was for me to beat the Main Story on Ultra Hard difficulty... but it wants both Main Log AND Partner Log... if I had known that, I would'a just done Parter Log on Ultra Hard to begin with.... soooooo... now I've got 58 more levels to play through on Ultra Hard.... guess it's a good chance to level up my Blackbeard~
Old 2013-04-27, 20:51   Link #3668
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

PS3: FINALLY Platinum'd Rune Factory Oceans/Tides of Destiny. I thought the trophy for catching 2000 fish was going to be hard but turns out catching a cold a 100 times was harder. Moved onto trying to get the Platinum for THE iDOLM@STER2, ONEPIECE Kaizoku Musou, Tales of Graces F, and Neptune Mk.2. I've only got handful of trophies left for those so I figured I'd take care of those before I go and buy any new games.

PSP: Taking a break from Fate/EXTRA CCC. Cleared the game twice, the first run with Caster and the second with Saber. I'm gonna have to do another run with Saber since I got the alternate ending on that playthrough. Fortunately it'll be easy since I get to keep my level with a character I've already cleared the game with. Started my third run with Gilgamesh but I'm putting the game aside for now since I got my copy of 7th Dragon 2020-II.
Old 2013-04-30, 00:46   Link #3669
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
PS3: STILL working on Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD, finished 100% Dogtags on Very Easy, Easy, and Normal.... now to get to the harder stuff.... though, now that I've got the Brown Wig/Stealth Camo, I SHOULD be completely fine.... however... I still need to remember to get back to those VR...

360: This.... may sound like a terrible thing to do... buuuut.... gone back to actually FINISH Duke Nukem Forever. Was looking back at it, and noticed easy achievements from it (besides that pinball one)... soooo... I'll be going through that in my spare time~

Vita: Finally Platinum'd One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 2, so now back to Persona 4 Golden for that damned Hardcore Risette Trophy.... last one too. On a side note, my girlfriend as been bugging me to play Black Rock Shooter: The Game, so I'll probably be borrowing her US PSN account to do a playthrough of it. Not really a fan of the series, but who knows... the game might be good~
Old 2013-05-04, 18:00   Link #3670
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

PC: I'm going back and revisiting old classics, like Crysis, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and Portal 2 in 1080p, ultra-settings glory. I also pre-ordered Metro: Last Light and will be playing that once it unlocks.
Old 2013-05-04, 18:26   Link #3671
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Taking a break from writing because I managed to overwork myself...

So still playing Katawa Shoujo.

Also playing Portal 2 a little here and there.
Old 2013-05-04, 19:41   Link #3672
Dextro
He Without a Title

PSP: I haven't been in the mood to finish the countless JRPGS I have on my to do pile so I've been playing either K-Onb Houkago Live or iDOLM@STER: Shiny Festa - Honey Sound. Now if only I could just beat Don't Say Lazy on hard to get those last costumes...
Old 2013-05-06, 20:34   Link #3673
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Downloaded Ragnarok Online 2 off steam. It's free to play. Quite unexpected considering RO wasn't, then again, that was many years back. I totally forgot about RO2 until just recently when I saw the add on steam. Playing on channel 2 as a Magician.

Graphics are quite good/better than expected but it looks like it'll be a grind of an mmo just like any other but it's nice to try an MMO after many months of any activity with any MMO.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 00:59   Link #3674
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Don't Starve - This game is just so frustrating. I was on a roll and went through winter for 45 days until a GODDAAMDMIT RED HOUND set my whole place on fire. I just gave up and suicided. This game requires some serious perseverance. Lord, screw this game. Every time you die you know it is your fault and you learn something new but my god, I have never played anything so hectic and frustrating.

Link for anyone interested.
Old 2013-05-07, 02:24   Link #3675
takai
Easy Muffin

Pokemon Black 2.

EV training is a bitch.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 05:26   Link #3676
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

starting play the entire Megaman Zero series on GBA, all the nintendo hard boss is frustrating.

have anyone here played the new Devil May Cry? I have played every game of the franchise but all the rebooting and bad rep of that new DmC make me not sure to get it or not.
Old 2013-05-07, 11:19   Link #3677
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I'm currently playing Megaman Legends 2 on an emulator. I played one a few days ago and beat that (Truly a fun game!). I'm near the end of the game and enjoying every moment of it.

I hope we'll get Legends 3 whenever a certain company gets off their ass and starts making it again. But that isn't the time or the thread.

Quote:
have anyone here played the new Devil May Cry? I have played every game of the franchise but all the rebooting and bad rep of that new DmC make me not sure to get it or not.
Some people liked it. The game lacked many things that prevented it from being a proper Devil May Cry game (no lock on being one of them). If you're willing to give change a chance then go for it. That's just me though, you might enjoy it, but I didn't.
Old 2013-05-07, 20:57   Link #3678
Dextro
He Without a Title

I had the bright idea of picking up Saya no Uta to see what it was all about. I knew who wrote but had no idea how insanely messed up it was. It took me about four tries before I even managed to finish the opening scene let alone get to the first ending. Now I see how the butcher got his nickname, there's now way in hell the story is going to end up even remotely well. You need to be missing something in your mind to manage this kind of disturbing. I think that being an H game makes it even worse. It's just wrong... all kinds of wrong!

School Days was at least entertaining watching everything go wrong and Bible Black was escapist entertainment for that sadistic side everyone surely has a bit but this is just wrong... I think this is the first time I might agree with using laws to prevent minors from buying a game. I'm not even sure if being 18 years old is old enough for this. It's sick... very sick...
Old 2013-05-13, 06:25   Link #3679
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Finished Guacamelee! (PS3 / Vita) not too long ago. It's an all-round awesome game, particularly the music. There's also that satisfying feeling once you complete those puzzles. Also had fun picking out all the references to Internet and gaming culture...
Wonder what the game is like in hard mode?
Old 2013-05-13, 08:19   Link #3680
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Finished Guacamelee! (PS3 / Vita) not too long ago. It's an all-round awesome game, particularly the music. There's also that satisfying feeling once you complete those puzzles. Also had fun picking out all the references to Internet and gaming culture...
Wonder what the game is like in hard mode?
Pretty close to normal outside of the Jaguar fight. He's the hardest boss in the game on hard difficulty and easily the toughest part outside of platforming. But yeah its an awesome game. Im just waiting for dlc now since ive did all that can be done in the game.

PS3:

Sleeping Dogs

Zombie Driver HD(almost finished)

BF3

I wanna play Injustice but i some how lost the disc;(. Im beyond pissed, sad, and confused. Its like it just vanished.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote