AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-03-30, 05:48   Link #5761
Casshern

I really wish they had continued until the end of the tournament. There's so many scenes I wanted to see. From a dramatic point of view this was probably the best place to stop it though.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 07:57   Link #5762
ookamigirl

Natsu vs Twin Dragons!
He sure was pretty impressive this time.
It was just awesome watching them fight.
The best parts were when they used their amazing dragon slayer powers.
Short info flashbacks were a nice addition.
Natsu's power sure showed them who's boss ^^
Fairy Tail finally took the lead!
The ending left me kinda confused. It's weird that they didn't let us see the end of grand magic games.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 08:07   Link #5763
classic

What was the scandal with Aya Hirano? I heard this could be another reason fr a break.
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 11:45   Link #5764
Dextro
He Without a Title

What a great ending, it's just a shame we have to way for so long to get the conclusion (if ever). I'm considering picking up the manga even if I'm not much of a fan of the medium.

On the bright side the show managed to avoid the slow pacing that plagued both Bleach and Reborn. For that we can be really grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
What was the scandal with Aya Hirano? I heard this could be another reason fr a break.
I don't think that was it this time. It's really just the show catching up to the manga.
Old 2013-03-30, 12:12   Link #5765
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
What a great ending, it's just a shame we have to way for so long to get the conclusion (if ever). I'm considering picking up the manga even if I'm not much of a fan of the medium.

On the bright side the show managed to avoid the slow pacing that plagued both Bleach and Reborn. For that we can be really grateful.

I don't think that was it this time. It's really just the show catching up to the manga.
mashima pretty confirmed who anime gonna continue in his twitter
https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/sta...31936485769217

今は「to be continued」しか言えないけど、OADの新作も木曜日の再放送も原作もまだまだ続きますので、これ からもフェアリーテイルをよろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

I do not just say "to be continued" now, so far from over even the original re-broadcast on Thursday also some new OAD, m thank you a Fairy Tale in the future (__) m

this will gonna be just a break, but the lenght who still unknow can be something between one season (12 to 13 episodes) to a year or 2.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 12:24   Link #5766
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
Aya Hirano had a promiscuous sex life, including a few members of her band. she also had a falling out with her agency over the direction of her career. The upshot of all that being that her previous record label dropped her in early 2011, and she quit her agency and joined a new one in later summer of 2011. All told it's not nearly as big a deal as a lot of people like to make it out to be. It's pretty much entirely irrelevant to the series stopping.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 13:17   Link #5767
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

woah woah woah wait

so that means THEY ENDED FAIRY TAIL?

WITH A CLIFFHANGER???

damn, and i thought it was one of those things that continued on forever, like naruto or bleach or one piece

(i didn't follow those series, so i wouldn't know if they also took a break like this)

edit: hmm this was just too sudden, i didn't know that this would end this week, i've been following the series since ep52 so that's like 123 weeks (more than 2 years) of waiting for the weekly episode to come out and then it suddenly stops..

oh well, i'll miss it, but at the same time i know it will come back so i'm hoping for the best.

Last edited by frodonk; 2013-03-30 at 13:24. Reason: added
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 17:39   Link #5768
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

The anime is finished for the time being. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...tinued-message

Quote:
Mashima then added a few days later: "it's actually not over yet. I can't say more than this, but I hope you watch the rerun starting in April and wait for the day I can announce some good news." He added in English, "Anime is not the end. Don't stop believing."
Likely it will return at the end of the summer or end of this year.
Old 2013-04-01, 10:56   Link #5769
mtgowns

I hope there's an opportunity to do a bit of house-cleaning, too. Animation quality has suffered a lot in the last two arcs and quite frankly, the plot is getting way too fluffy; not sure if the rumors are credible but word is that Mashima has to alter and re-write a lot of chapters due to publisher/editor direction.
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 18:16   Link #5770
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgowns View Post
I hope there's an opportunity to do a bit of house-cleaning, too. Animation quality has suffered a lot in the last two arcs and quite frankly, the plot is getting way too fluffy; not sure if the rumors are credible but word is that Mashima has to alter and re-write a lot of chapters due to publisher/editor direction.
The rumors aren't credible. It's the editors job to approve chapters, make changes if he thinks they're required, etc. Most of the time this is not a big deal swap some panels around, change a few minor things here and there, etc. Rarely does a chapter get outright rejected and have to be completely rewritten.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 02:53   Link #5771
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Just watched the last episode.

I'm speechless. Almost cried at the end No more FT for a while
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 12:45   Link #5772
Arjento

Fairy Tail BEST should be airing shortly.

Hope it's selected episodes with redone animation/music.
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 00:14   Link #5773
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjento View Post
Fairy Tail BEST should be airing shortly.

Hope it's selected episodes with redone animation/music.
I'm interested to see what will make it different. Also curious what episode it'll start on. Gonna guess episode 1 and nothing too different, but at least there should be the "Best" in the title.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 13:29   Link #5774
kitten320

EP 173
Am I the only one who is pissed off with the Mermail Heel/Lamia scale fight?
Lyon was pathetic here! Not even close to a bad ass we saw fighting Gray and Racer in the past. Just WTF?!

Whole fight is even more irritating when you know what happens in manga later -_-

Sadly since anime is over I'll have to wait for while to be able to say why.
Old 2013-04-05, 18:31   Link #5775
Arjento

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
I'm interested to see what will make it different. Also curious what episode it'll start on. Gonna guess episode 1 and nothing too different, but at least there should be the "Best" in the title.
Watched the rerun.

Unfortunately nothing changed from the original
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 19:32   Link #5776
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Yeah, the anime original fight with Lyon was pretty pathetic imo.
Old 2013-04-05, 19:59   Link #5777
ellessarr
Banned

from what episode the reruns started? first?
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 06:20   Link #5778
Dextro
He Without a Title

It's pretty sad to wake up today without a new episode of Fairy Tail to watch. It's been too long since that last happened
Old 2013-04-06, 07:20   Link #5779
kitten320

It does feel weird considering that I was following the anime since episode 25 aired and then it was a weekly thing for me since episode 30...

Though conclusion of the anime was strong. They managed to build up the tension much better than manga.
Old 2013-04-08, 12:46   Link #5780
james0246

Should I create a new thread for Fairy Tale BEST? Is it already out? Is it just a rerun?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen