AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-11, 17:31   Link #61
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Liked The First ep...I Think I'll add This anime to My Watch List
Old 2008-07-11, 21:20   Link #62
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 3

A few things in this ep I had a bit of trouble taking seriously, not least of which included the long emotional outpouring between Ran and Midori while Midori is hanging over the side of the building and the villain just stands there and watches them.

Between all the intense confrontations and life-threatening situations this episode didn't really faze away from constantly reminding us that this is a light-hearted, family-friendly kid's series. Hmmm....

OP and ED are growing on me.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 00:37   Link #63
Aquillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
A few things in this ep I had a bit of trouble taking seriously, not least of which included the long emotional outpouring between Ran and Midori while Midori is hanging over the side of the building and the villain just stands there and watches them.
That seemed like it should have been a parody of this sort of show. I half-expected the villain to be doing her nails when it cut back to her. But, also... can't Midori fly? Or at least force-jump helluva far and presumably land without getting hurt?

I thought that scene would have been much funnier if Ran gave an entire monologue about friendship, with Midori staring at her as if she's an idiot, finally interjecting "Uh, Ran, I can fly, or at least jump helluva far. Could you let go already?"

At the end, Midori is giving that speech about how she could have ended up like the villain, too, if she hadn't met Ran. Um. They've been on friendly terms for all of three minutes at that point, and met, I think, one or two days ago? Midori was practically trying to kill Ran with telekenetically hurled pencils just a few days ago. I'm not sure she's exactly entitled to give the friendship speeches herself yet.

And I thought it was funny how Ran's brother warned her it was a trap, but didn't think to, I don't know, go with her or anything like that...
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 00:46   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
And I thought it was funny how Ran's brother warned her it was a trap, but didn't think to, I don't know, go with her or anything like that...
Well since they were dealing with someone who could mind control he probably thought it was best to stay back. Last thing you'd want is for the brother to turn into a puppet and start attacking her. Though maybe sending him and his greatly positive thoughts would have driven the teacher nuts .
Old 2008-07-12, 02:55   Link #65
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
Episode 3 was quite boring, I nearly fell asleep during the Ran monologue scene. And, hell, the villain is so dumb, she waits for them to come back.
The brother also is no good, but well... this episode really let me down.
Old 2008-07-12, 04:07   Link #66
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Like others,i too have a few problems with episode 3

1)The part where Midori almost fell and Ran caught her hand.Ran didn't bother trying to lift her up first,instead started a long conversation about friendship,with Midori being slightly emo.I wasn't really focusing to their conversation,instead i was actually focusing on Ran's expression.Doesn't she feel tired holding Midori's hand and her entire body weight?I was like "Ran has some AMAZING muscles!" And the conversation was rather cheesy for my liking

2)The sound effect when they blasted each other with their powers.Somehow,it sounded very 90's to me.And the effect of the power look rather lame.

3)Midori underwent a rather dramatic change in personality.She "upgraded" from a bitch to a nice,protective girl.now i understand that because of the lack of episodes,they have to make things progress faster but still,it's too fast.They shouldn't make Midori a bitch at first place.

4)This series has one of the dumbest villain ever.Why the f*** would she just stood there while Midori and Ran were having their nice little chat?This happens a lot in other animes(in the end i always say "SERVE YOU RIGHT"),but it was WAY wrong here.She could have easily finished them off.

About Rui's seiyuu,i know some have problem with it but i am just fine with it.I think the voice suit Rui's calm,gentle and loving personality.It is some sort of a contrast to Ran's rather bubbly character,but i think that is the purpose
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 12:26   Link #67
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I guess we have the old X-men style scenario where the badguy is just as ostracized by society as the good guys are.

Compared to the near slice of life + drama of the first two, I thought the more action oriented third episode was a bit weird too. Yeah, Midori changed her emotions rather quickly. From a near total villain to possibly becoming Ran's best friend (duh, that's obvious).
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 13:17   Link #68
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep4:
I'm coming to like the ED even more. The animation is just okay -- the hand-holding gives it some feeling -- but I like the song. And I continue to like the OP, both song and animation.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 13:34   Link #69
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 16:10   Link #70
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
, not least of which included the long emotional outpouring between Ran and Midori while Midori is hanging over the side of the building and the villain just stands there and watches them.
Oh? I've always thought that it was obligatory for a villain to listen to all the chat from the good guys whilst hiding popcorn behind their backs

ep 3
Spoiler:

ep 4
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 18:29   Link #71
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 3
Spoiler:
And I kept hearing Sakuya. I half expected her to whack the bad-guy with a giant harisen and rant about her lack of comedic timing.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 18:59   Link #72
nanafan
horo fan

i thought episoded 3 was good, it was wierd that ran was doing a longwinded monologue when she was saving midori...but overall it was a good episode, and i like the animation, etc
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 20:45   Link #73
Hilo Hello

I think the long-winded dialogue was supposed to have happened in a split second inside their heads.

I mean, the walls and stuff disappeared, right?

....As for flying!Midori, it was implied she planned on just letting herself fall.

(Reading between the lines, FTW!)
Hilo Hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 20:12   Link #74
Seiryuu

This show is getting interesting, and quite amusing to boot. The romance is quite entertaining. The girls complain about people reading them or just overhearing when they unintentionally start broadcasting their sappier thoughts at full volume, but really there's no need for telepathy with them. Like typical 13-year-olds the world over, one look at their nauseatingly dreamy expressions says more than enough about what's going on inside. I must say, though, I don't quite get Midori's taste.
As for the plot, it looks pretty good. An interesting twist to the concept of "detectives" going to solve cases. And it makes some of the commonplace scenarios, like a person who's known to be deceased walking around alive and well, take on a somewhat different air.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 23:01   Link #75
ZeRoGravity

I was hoping the villain will take that precious time to escape with Rui like any smart villain would do. Then I thought, like some one have said:

Quote:
the long-winded dialogue was supposed to have happened in a split second inside their heads.
The quick change of Midori's attidute towards Ran was unexpected (too quick imo) and Kana Ueda Kansai accent came out of no where; although, I'm not complaining. ITS NOT KANA UEDA WITHOUT HER ACCENT! I also find the sfx - when they shot beams at each other was pretty cheesy. There is some flaw in this show but its not big enough to drop it. Right now I'm interested in seeing the other villains.
Old 2008-07-16, 01:38   Link #76
FuzzyWuzzy

I just saw episode 3.
It was too easy. I figured out who the culprit was when the person showed up with fumi.
Hopefully the next couple of episodes won't be like these. I just hate mysteries where they will introduce 1 character and we all know that character will be the culprit since there are no other choices.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 05:36   Link #77
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep4:
Old 2008-07-16, 05:53   Link #78
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
Episode 4 was a damn good episode.
The village's misteryous aura was really well made.
Old 2008-07-17, 01:13   Link #79
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Okay, am I showing my age too much if I start laughing every time they talk about the "magical grass?"
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 13:38   Link #80
hirahira
a duck is fine too

Midori looks almost exactly like Natsuki from Mai-hime :O

Anyway, I'm liking this anime a lot more than I thought I would. I'm glad I'm not telepathic. It must be really annoying to know what everyone is thinking sometimes

Tags
supernatural