AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-05, 01:19   Link #161
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As a note for Lunatic players or those planning to take it on in the future...

If you have Anna show up with a Master Seal after you finish a chapter before Chapter 13, SAVE IMMEDIATELY.

Yeah, I learned the hard way when I saw Anna show up with Master Seal in a town after Chapter 5. Bought it, then used Rift Door on another town and bought that Master Seal as well. Thinking it was predetermined, I class changed both Chrom and Avatar just for kicks, and decided to test them out in battle.

And when I reset? I loaded the postbattle save and instead of Anna, I get a random battle, one of the battles gets 2 units now (which means its harder to get the specific items), AND the rift door on the other town did NOT get me a Master Seal.

Son of a bitch.... I went from the best possible outcome (Promote gains are frigging OP in this game, like maybe ~25 points of stats, which is a GOD SEND in Lunatic early) to the worst possible one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Still wanting to get Royal Weapon on Morgan, I decided I'd pair my Avatar up with Azure (only character whose localized name I hate).
But but but... he's named after the most interesting character of Princess Bride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Sakurando View Post
Now, let's see who to begin with for my avatar. Too many decisions and I am thinking of starting as female avatar first and have her pair up with Chrom.
If you want powergaming... Female, MAG asset, Luck Flaw. Reason for this is Avatar is the only character that has access to Ignis (apart from the child), and only females has access to Gale Force. Magic is stronger because of Nosferatu shenanigans, but even outside of it, magic is better on the Avatar because of range and that you don't have access to a magician till later.

Only major downside to pairing up Chrom and Mage Avatar is that growth for their children is not optimized, but considering the limitless levelling up you can do in this game, it's really a non issue. The other minor downside is that you don't maximize the amount of Children that will get GaleForce.

And in Lunatic, you gotta make sure you get Speed upgrade on her first 3 level ups, or else those Myrmidons are gonna double attack her (and its usually lethal).

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2013-02-05 at 01:31.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 02:13   Link #162
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Lunatic has never been too fun for me. Not because it is too hard itself, but because you practically have to move a certain way in order to pass the maps. And even then, if your luck is bad...
Of course, there is a bit more freedom as you go into the game, but my patience doesn't last that long. Hard is good enough, hard, but you can pass the maps without having to look at the wiki. You can even raise Donnie (Donnel in the English game? Ranran~ ru~~?!).

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 07:41   Link #163
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!

I got my copy from Target yesterday, I already had it preordered and paid off at Gamestop, and an employee even gave me the artbook early, so I'm gonna go in Friday and just cancel it and put the money on Monster Hunter or something.
Dragoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 16:21   Link #164
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I almost did that, but on my first runs I prefer doing the hardest/most out of the way things first. So, while not playing Lunatic (wanted to get a better feel for the game first), I decided to pair Chrom up with Olivia, since she'd be the hardest to do so with. Still wanting to get Royal Weapon on Morgan, I decided I'd pair my Avatar up with Azure (only character whose localized name I hate).
What I want to know is to why you made a female character instead of a male character to pair with your favorite female @_@
Old 2013-02-05, 17:17   Link #165
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Still find it odd that a Nintendo title is having a hard time finding it's way to the stores... I do wonder if it would've helped better to just have the release date a normal Tuesday.... or a regular Nintendo Sunday release day.
My take on this: Nintendo probably treated this game in the same manner as most "niche" games (ship it out the week of release, with it not arriving until Wednesday afternoon at the earliest) than doing their usual route of shipping the game early to ensure that it will be available on it's scheduled release date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoshi1 View Post
I got my copy from Target yesterday, I already had it preordered and paid off at Gamestop, and an employee even gave me the artbook early, so I'm gonna go in Friday and just cancel it and put the money on Monster Hunter or something.
Similar thing with me, with me pre-ordering the game at Gamestop (and getting the art book), while downloading it instead upon learning that the game will not be arriving at the store today (picked up the new Sly Cooper game instead).

The only difference: I still plan to pick up the game when it finally arrives at Gamestop (with hopes that my younger brother would be interested in it).
Old 2013-02-05, 18:19   Link #166
JohnNiles

I was going to give up and sit back for a few weeks, then I decided not to risk a prolonged shortage. Picked mine up from a Target as well. The first one that listed it didn't have it- chalk it up to database inaccuracies. I then drove to one 10 miles away. In the few seconds I spent wandering around the display, another person showed up and got the clerk's attention. Good thing there were 2 copies. Came home and discovered that a Target much closer to me had updated its stock... but then again, it could be another error.

I cracked open the box to look at the manual... only to discover that the manual is a cheap foldout whose main purpose is to display the usual technical warnings. I'm new to the series, so I expect to make a lot of mistakes.

I just hope nobody looks at the downloadable sales numbers from desperate buyers and assumes that the appropriate response is fewer box copies, not more.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 00:06   Link #167
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

-Went to gamestop, had none, drove home pissed, remembered I can direct download it, almost get in accident and hit every red light driving home-

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!
Old 2013-02-06, 03:06   Link #168
Shadow5YA

I don't have a 3DS yet, so I was hoping to get the bundle...

Guess I'll try again next week.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 03:13   Link #169
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Delayed in my country till after the Chinese New Year...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 04:03   Link #170
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Once again region lock strikes again...
Have to wait April for EU ver...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 10:10   Link #171
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

What do you mean, there's no manual?! Cheap bastards.
Old 2013-02-06, 10:23   Link #172
Folenfant
Banned

Went to EB where it was sold out as well and was quite pissed not because it wasn't there but because of how little they seemed to care about making sure I left with a favorable impression. No effort to advise me on when it might be in stock again,no effort to advise me that it could be purchased online which I already knew but both people said they didn't , just no effort period. I'm beginning to see why people resent gamestop/EB employees so much cause its so clear they have no idea whats going on in gaming half the time or how to satisty customers inquiries and are just coached to follow a script, push promotions and ask for insurance and such while ringing you out. I also don't appreciate how they try to scare you into buying hardware fast with the idea it might sell out. I genuinely now think they deliberately keep stock of certain things low or at least claim it is so they can run this scheme. Very poor impression of the chain now, really no excuse for this much ignorance in retail.

Anyway thank god for digital download, which yet again makes up for the failures of retail along with eBay. I already do very little shopping for games in stores and now plan even less.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 11:42   Link #173
JohnNiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
What do you mean, there's no manual?! Cheap bastards.
It's an unfortunate cost-saving trend, along with cutting chunks of plastic out of the box. Vita games don't even have warning instructions. It's a pity; I would have liked to see the mechanics described at least briefly. It also means that if you don't have an artbook, you don't have a list of characters, period.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 11:46   Link #174
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Yep, no manual. Due to me going on a trip next week and maybe in transit more than I expected, I decided to go out and buy the 3DS + Fire Emblem bundle. I've been playing it on my commute to work! I was most disappointed that after purchasing it and getting all excited like a kid about maybe reading the manual -- there wasn't one. Still a fun game, but part of what irks me is I had become accustomed to FF Tactic's ability to get more information for every menu and item .. which is not available here. Certain things like any of the wireless features are nearly incomprehensible without trial and error.
Old 2013-02-06, 11:55   Link #175
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!

On Chapter 14 right now, and loving this game!

Married Chrom as Female Avatar.

My current team that I always bring with me, separated characters with a space depending on marriage and stuff;
Spoiler for Contains Story Spoilers:
Dragoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 12:25   Link #176
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
-Went to gamestop, had none, drove home pissed, remembered I can direct download it, almost get in accident and hit every red light driving home-

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!
lol...just get digital version man. before you end up crashing into somebody!

this game is pretty addicting. also, training Donnel was a pain. he is sOOO freeaking weak. >>
Old 2013-02-06, 12:58   Link #177
Alchemist007
*Author

You people...

I could never buy a digital version of something for this system the way it's set up. Especially FOR THE SAME PRICE! There is no account system for this you know, your download is limited to your system only. They should really adopt an account system like Steam and Steam Guard. But the way it's set up, I'm already hesitant to buy the digital only games.
Old 2013-02-06, 13:46   Link #178
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I don't plan on playin someone elses 3DS XL when I got my own. :P
Old 2013-02-06, 13:55   Link #179
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
But but but... he's named after the most interesting character of Princess Bride.
Yes, but I haven't seen that movie in like 12 years, so I had to be reminded of that. And "Azure" just feels like it works for him, especially when Chrom is his father.

Quote:
magic is better on the Avatar because of range and that you don't have access to a magician till later.
You get a magician in Chapter 3 or 4, Miriel.

Quote:
The other minor downside is that you don't maximize the amount of Children that will get GaleForce.
You likely won't end up using everyone anyway, so having a couple of stragglers (I've already decided Brady's likely getting benched harder than Kellam) isn't that big of a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
What I want to know is to why you made a female character instead of a male character to pair with your favorite female @_@
Power gaming purposes. All my favorite females are Second Gen, meaning I'd only get a Female Morgan from pairing a male avatar with either Lucina or Severa. And in either case, I wouldn't get Royal Weapon, which is nutso. Plus, female Avatar with Japanese voices lets me give her the same voice as Milla Maxwell, which freaking rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Especially FOR THE SAME PRICE!
That's my kicker against all DL games. Sorry, but I've taken economics and cost accounting. You want to remove all those costs? Pass the savings along to me. Otherwise, make with the normal.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 14:07   Link #180
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't have a 3DS yet, so I was hoping to get the bundle...

Guess I'll try again next week.

This pretty much what I'm doing. Hell, it's not even at my local Gamestop anyway.

Quick question about Chrom for anyone who's far enough in the US or JP version:
Spoiler for minor gameplay spoiler:
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, fire emblem