2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-07-18, 23:51   Link #41
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
2. If you could erase the referee with a frontal assault like that and suffer no consequences, there'd be no point in having one.
Doesn't mean there's no point in making the attempt.

Perhaps the "consequences" are known and acceptable. Perhaps the Reds didn't consider the possibility of consequences like you did.

Perhaps they're simply overconfident, and perhaps that overconfidence is warranted. Most Grail Wars don't have Rulers anyway, so perhaps the Reds assume that the subroutine that spawned her is incomplete, and there isn't much point in having her. The Grail had to suborn a willing human volunteer just to even summon her, so I can't see how allowing an unaligned and nebulously powered "Servant" free reign to interfere with Red's plans is less of a threat to them than whatever spit-and-baling-wire countermeasure the Grail might come up with next...

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2017-07-19 at 00:12.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 00:36   Link #42
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

About the Ruler, I have some questions about her too:
  • Who decided to have a ruler servant in HGW?
  • What power does a Ruler have over other servants if she's considered to be a referee? What's so special about her if a participating servant can just attack & kill her willy nilly?
Ruler being a referee means that there must be rules and also consequences in the HGW "game" coz a referee without both of them would be pointless. I hope the show properly establishes what kind of rules that the Ruler must uphold (aside from the HGW rules that we know) and what are the consequences that resulted from breaking those rules in the future. If the show doesn't do that then Ruler's referee job is pretty much a non-job .
Old 2017-07-19, 00:51   Link #43
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
  • What power does a Ruler have over other servants if she's considered to be a referee? What's so special about her if a participating servant can just attack & kill her willy nilly?
As of now there is one point that we do know. And it's that she's able to immediately discern the true identity of a servant by looking at him.
Old 2017-07-19, 00:51   Link #44
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
About the Ruler, I have some questions about her too:
  • Who decided to have a ruler servant in HGW?
Ruler being a referee means that there must be rules and also consequences in the HGW "game" coz a referee without both of them would be pointless. I hope the show properly establishes what kind of rules that the Ruler must uphold (aside from the HGW rules that we know) and what are the consequences that resulted from breaking those rules in the future. If the show doesn't do that then Ruler's referee job is pretty much a non-job .
1. The authorGrail itself. Just as how it decides who the Masters would be, it can decide to have a Ruler.

2. We've seen one power already and we'll see the other in the next episodes. There's a reason why the Black want Ruler and why the Red want her out, though there's another reason for that as well.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 01:08   Link #45
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
As of now there is one point that we do know. And it's that she's able to immediately discern the true identity of a servant by looking at him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
1. The authorGrail itself. Just as how it decides who the Masters would be, it can decide to have a Ruler.

2. We've seen one power already and we'll see the other in the next episodes. There's a reason why the Black want Ruler and why the Red want her out, though there's another reason for that as well.
Good. Awaiting more details to come then.
Old 2017-07-19, 02:39   Link #46
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Those are fair theories, but I don't buy any of them.

1. He's a servant, if he wants something, he should win the grail war and earn it.
2. If you could erase the referee with a frontal assault like that and suffer no consequences, there'd be no point in having one.
3. It might be futile, but you would at least attempt to use a command spell before losing your servant.
1) That's what he is doing and why she exactly he shouldn't do it from position of king?

2)Of course there are no consequences, in killing Ruler, if you break rules referee puish you. If you kill it, noone can punish you. It"s that simple

3)This is not battle royals as usually but team effort. That's why is perfectly fine make sacrifice if it pays off.
Old 2017-07-19, 02:58   Link #47
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Luckily, the Ruler class tends to get stat boosts around the board. Most of Jeanne's OP'ness comes from her being Ruler.

Oh yeah and her ability to know everything about a servant kinda invalidates any secret weapons they might have that need to remain secret.

That's why Kotomine sent Lancer, he probably had the best shot at defeating her.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 03:15   Link #48
ReddyRedWolf

About Jean being Ruler. She was summoned because there is an irregularity with this grail war. The third grail war had two Sabers that was irregular yet a referee wasn't summoned.

Meaning there is something so wrong with this grail war that the grail would summon a Ruler.

Hence Jean's intent on investigating the grail war.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 03:23   Link #49
Tenzen12

We know very little about third war, maybe there was ruler summoned or maybe FSN continuity diverged much sooner than third war and there was never fail-safe like that in first place.

EDIT: Another option, probably right one. Einzbern might disable Ruler fail-safe so they can summon and freely use Angra.
Old 2017-07-19, 03:39   Link #50
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
About Jean being Ruler. She was summoned because there is an irregularity with this grail war. The third grail war had two Sabers that was irregular yet a referee wasn't summoned.

Meaning there is something so wrong with this grail war that the grail would summon a Ruler.

Hence Jean's intent on investigating the grail war.
Uh, so where was this stated. I don't remember that being said anywhere in those three episodes that there were two Sabers being summoned...
Old 2017-07-19, 04:01   Link #51
Tenzen12

It was shown in Fate Ataraxia. They were summoned by Edefelts sisters as single summon. They probably counted as single servant similarly to rider Anne and Mary or hundred faces hassan.
Old 2017-07-19, 04:56   Link #52
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That's not what we've been told. We've been told that Ruler was summoned as a referee because that's what happens during a Great Holy Grail War.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 06:53   Link #53
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It was shown in Fate Ataraxia. They were summoned by Edefelts sisters as single summon. They probably counted as single servant similarly to rider Anne and Mary or hundred faces hassan.
In the FSN/FHA/FZ (and presumably FSF and LEM2) timelines, that was indeed the case. We haven't been told anything about the Apocrypha version of HGW3, but since the Greater Grail was stolen during/directly after that War in this timeline, we should not assume that everything went as it did in that War in the original timeline. The timeline could have diverged right at the successful theft of the GG, in which case things might have been much the same, or it could have diverged before then; even before the start of HGW3, given how much planning that theft must have taken...
Old 2017-07-19, 07:02   Link #54
Tenzen12

Sure, maybe Edefelts summoned something else in this continuity, or they didn't even fought in it. Who can say. That said main divergence that allowed grail getting stolen have nothing to do with these twins so I myself would assume that part was same.
Old 2017-07-19, 07:06   Link #55
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Hopefully one of these days we get a Higurashi-style timeline wankery series that illustrates the differences that lead up to each timeline, with HGW3 as the background.
Old 2017-07-19, 07:36   Link #56
Applehell

So the guy from promos up till this point was actually an homunculus, huh. Black Rider was pretty cool for helping him out. The other Master-Servant bonding were decent, but they still fall short of Sisigo and Mordred's.

Unlike the Black Faction, it's weird that we still don't know who Master-Servant duos are for more than two pairs. Shiro almost seems like he commands most of them, but that can't right since their other masters with him. It's also weird that Ruler can be attack like that and no penalties or such can be incured. Are they running the rules on a honor system? That the last thing you want to do in cutthroat tournament.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 08:08   Link #57
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Them being in a room full of incense and just sitting still should be enough of a clue to what state they're in. They're also not in the OP which pretty much says what their importance to the story is. Beware of the priest should be the first thing to come to mind when he proposed a toast and no one moved a muscle.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 09:04   Link #58
Applehell

I already got that he's obiviously susipous, most of the Masters are. But I gleamed no context for his relationship with other Masters just ambiguous hints strangeness going on. Last time we saw the other Red Faction members they were moving around just fine.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 14:25   Link #59
Jaden

They do seem rather catatonic in the "tea time" scene. I see, Shirou is up to no good...
Old 2017-07-19, 16:01   Link #60
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't know what either faction want with Ruler either.

And I'm rather annoyed at the lack of anonymity of the Servants. It makes the concerns over it in FSN silly.

Campione had an interesting take on it with its gods, where even if you knew who they were, you didn't know who they were. It made finding out later fun.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote