AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-04-15, 20:37   Link #7561
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
Wow, even DxD a series which has got 4th season and 25 volumes only has 4 millions something of total sell, while Shinmai could reach 2 millions with half of the total volume of dxd. Never thought Shimai could sell so well
well theres more to it to get extra seasons. Not only does the anime need to sell well but there needs to show a significant enough increase in light novel/ manga sold. Anime's are mostly just promotion of the LN/manga to them.
Old 2018-04-15, 20:47   Link #7562
AP24

Shinmai is probably the only series which its LN and manga have similar sales strength. Usually manga adaptation of an LN series would sell much less than the original work.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 21:55   Link #7563
amtro
Distro

Shinmai not getting another season has nothing to do with its popularity. On the contrary, it has to be with the content. It's simply too explicit to adapt.
Old 2018-04-15, 22:08   Link #7564
AP24

The lewd content is also the reason why the manga volumes sold as much as the LN volumes.
Old 2018-04-16, 14:50   Link #7565
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, people eat it up because of the sex. I wonder how much the digital Volumes sold, since the numbers we have are only the number of physical copies sold.
Old 2018-04-16, 18:44   Link #7566
amtro
Distro

The figures given were a sales total. There's no reason why they'd exclude the digital sales.
Kadokawa owns sneaker bunko and bookwalker, all sales data on their sales platforms is available to them. There is no justifiable reason for why they'd exclude those sales. You shouldn't take the word of someone who didn't watch the stream.
Old 2018-04-16, 22:17   Link #7567
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
The figures given were a sales total. There's no reason why they'd exclude the digital sales.
Kadokawa owns sneaker bunko and bookwalker, all sales data on their sales platforms is available to them. There is no justifiable reason for why they'd exclude those sales. You shouldn't take the word of someone who didn't watch the stream.
They didn't actually say that digital sales are included. All sources are saying 2.3 million copies total in circulation. Total number of copies in circulation only includes physical LN and manga volumes that have been printed. For digital sales, only digital store's sales ranking is known. I've done my research and this is how it is for all LN series.
Old 2018-04-23, 17:25   Link #7568
linkjames24

Hey guys. Saw volume 12 pics. Chisato's in particular. So... gangbang?
linkjames24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 17:28   Link #7569
dragon213

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkjames24 View Post
Hey guys. Saw volume 12 pics. Chisato's in particular. So... gangbang?
with Basara's clones
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 17:32   Link #7570
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^This. There's no way Chisato would do it with anyone other than Basara. And the clones used everything other than her holes from what I've heard.

@amtro: Would you please clarify for me how strong Dragon Jin actually is compared to Basara? You said before that he's as strong as Basara, IIRC, but I also read a post from someone else on here saying that Dragon Jin is stronger than the strongest of the Ten Gods. Which is it? Thanks in advance for the answer.

I'd also like to know how Shiba knows which of the girls from Basara's harem are pregnant and which ones took ovulation pills.
Old 2018-04-23, 17:49   Link #7571
amtro
Distro

Dragon Jin should be below Basara, in terms of pure power. But Jin has more experience and has an easier time of using Banishing Shift. No mental inhibitions, or power balance issues. Jin is deadlier and can fight with enemies on the tier of the ten gods, but Basara is comparable to the strongest among the ten gods himself. Thing is, we never really see what Dragon Jin is capable of, he just transforms to swallow the pope whole. The dragon transformation is likely to just be a transformation and physical power boost, rather than a boost to special abilities and attacks.
Old 2018-04-23, 19:13   Link #7572
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Okay, thanks for the answer. So they're on par. Good to know.

Edit: And, before I forget.

After she tied the vow with the Basara, she became as powerful as she was before her power was originally sealed, right? Meaning she became as powerful as she was before she left the Ten Gods. So I wonder if she can get another power-up somehow? Is it known if it's possible?

And I really hope we get a side story Volume (or more - whatever's needed) detailing the events from when Jin went to Divine Realm.

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2018-04-23 at 19:58.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 21:30   Link #7573
KnightShade

AP24 is right, anyone who looks at oricon data can tell those numbers are gassing how much shinmai actually sells (though to be fair, dxd's 4 million is gassed too). Let's ignore the obvious fact that copies in print =/= copies sold,these numbers have to be ln and manga because no way is the average number of volumes in print 230000 per LN volume (This is SAO/Mahouka territory) over the course of 10 volumes when the LN consistently sells about 8-12k in first week sales (post anime) on oricon before disappearing off the chart. Publishers ship series out based on estimates, which is why reprints are a thing.

And I usually dont ever get into sales comparisons between series but @amtro it is as @ap24 said, shinmai sells about half as much as dxd. Just look at the last volume sales from late march to early april.

*8,345 *12,222 Shinmai Maou no Testament Vol.12
*2,816 *34,539 High School DxD Vol.25

Last edited by KnightShade; 2018-04-23 at 21:44.
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 13:58   Link #7574
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
AP24 is right, anyone who looks at oricon data can tell those numbers are gassing how much shinmai actually sells (though to be fair, dxd's 4 million is gassed too). Let's ignore the obvious fact that copies in print =/= copies sold,these numbers have to be ln and manga because no way is the average number of volumes in print 230000 per LN volume (This is SAO/Mahouka territory) over the course of 10 volumes when the LN consistently sells about 8-12k in first week sales (post anime) on oricon before disappearing off the chart. Publishers ship series out based on estimates, which is why reprints are a thing.

And I usually dont ever get into sales comparisons between series but @amtro it is as @ap24 said, shinmai sells about half as much as dxd. Just look at the last volume sales from late march to early april.

*8,345 *12,222 Shinmai Maou no Testament Vol.12
*2,816 *34,539 High School DxD Vol.25
The amount of thought and logic put into this is baffling in its intricacy and beauty.

Also, could I ask who's in your sig XP?
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 14:07   Link #7575
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'll answer if I may: that's Ililya Muromets from Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou. Great LN series. The girl in the avatar pic is also her.
Old 2018-04-25, 01:33   Link #7576
amtro
Distro

Vol 12 was at the very top of the monthly ranking for bookwalker. Make of that what you will.
Old 2018-04-25, 06:29   Link #7577
KnightShade

It was also 3rd on oricon rankings in its first week. High rankings Dont indicate high sales, hard numbers do.

https://bookwalker.jp/rank/
The monthly rankings update as the month progresses and its now at tenth. Rakudai is right underneath it at 13 despite being out since about a week.
Old 2018-04-26, 11:06   Link #7578
Mazryonh

Quote:
Vol 12 was at the very top of the monthly ranking for bookwalker. Make of that what you will.
I'd like to think that Shinmai Maou will start a trend for other LN authors to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
I'm not surprised. Cockblocking can only go to a certain extent before it gets too tiring. Sex sells, as the saying goes.
How many LN series actually end the way Shinmai Maou has, a true harem without the "door slams shut before you see how they all got along" ending?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
It was also 3rd on oricon rankings in its first week. High rankings Dont indicate high sales, hard numbers do.

https://bookwalker.jp/rank/
The monthly rankings update as the month progresses and its now at tenth. Rakudai is right underneath it at 13 despite being out since about a week.
Do you know how this system works? Does this mean that Shinmai is consistently outselling Rakudai over that time period?

Quote:
In addition Shinmai has sold 2,3 million over 12 volumes, consistently ranks highly in sales and creates a hell of a lot more threads on Japanese boards.
While interest in DxD has fizzled out over the years and it has sold 4,4 mill over 25 volumes and like 5 SS volumes.
Wow, Shinmai has actually managed to get more sales over time than the legendary Highschool DxD? That sounds like a real achievement on part of the author and the creative team backing him.

Quote:
Shinmai not getting another season has nothing to do with its popularity. On the contrary, it has to be with the content. It's simply too explicit to adapt.
Does that mean that what you said about the voice actresses who appeared at the live stage event claiming that they could take on pseudonyms for an 18+ OVA continuation of the series were only joking? If so, why even bring it up? Only one of the voice actresses in the SMnT cast has regularly voiced 18+ works before. The others might not be able to afford the possible negative press they could get if they started doing 18+ voice work, since I don't believe they have solid fanbases yet.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 12:12   Link #7579
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I'll answer if I may: that's Ililya Muromets from Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou. Great LN series. The girl in the avatar pic is also her.
Thank you very much! Strange that I can't find much fanart of her, though... =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I'd like to think that Shinmai Maou will start a trend for other LN authors to follow.

How many LN series actually end the way Shinmai Maou has, a true harem without the "door slams shut before you see how they all got along" ending?

Do you know how this system works? Does this mean that Shinmai is consistently outselling Rakudai over that time period?

Wow, Shinmai has actually managed to get more sales over time than the legendary Highschool DxD? That sounds like a real achievement on part of the author and the creative team backing him.

Does that mean that what you said about the voice actresses who appeared at the live stage event claiming that they could take on pseudonyms for an 18+ OVA continuation of the series were only joking? If so, why even bring it up? Only one of the voice actresses in the SMnT cast has regularly voiced 18+ works before. The others might not be able to afford the possible negative press they could get if they started doing 18+ voice work, since I don't believe they have solid fanbases yet.
Why did you delete your post on the previous page and repost it here? If no one replied to it...that just means no one wants to reply to it.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 21:56   Link #7580
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Why did you delete your post on the previous page and repost it here? If no one replied to it...that just means no one wants to reply to it.
I felt that I could have rephrased things better and take into account what some of the posters after me said.

Unfortunately, this forum doesn't have subforums for every series (unlike myanimelist) so side questions that don't interest many readers often get lost in the single threads devoted to most anime series here, unlike on MAL where side questions can get their own threads. However, I appreciate the experts here who do sometimes answer questions.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
borderline hentai, fantasy, harem, true harem