AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-07, 19:05   Link #181
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I believe Kanon's description of consultant is very accurate: they let him tag along under an officer's wing and make use of his deductions in their investigations. Not sure if he still goes to school though...
This. His role/rank/whatever you want to call it is basically Kudo Shinichi from Detective Conan. By being called a Tantei rather than Keiji, he's affirming he has no actual relation to the police.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 06:57   Link #182
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

For a bit there I thought Akechi was a keiji, rather than a tantei. He's also wearing a school uniform, so he most definitely attends high school.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 06:42   Link #183
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

So they can actually enter the meta verse in broad daylight, right in front of everyone?

I don't think they set up this rule very well, even in the game. Considering Ryuji and Ann got pulled in when Ren went into Meta verse.
Old 2018-05-09, 20:45   Link #184
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...xhibit/.131357

There's an exhibition going on in Shibuya dedicated to the show.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-11, 16:05   Link #185
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
So they can actually enter the meta verse in broad daylight, right in front of everyone?

I don't think they set up this rule very well, even in the game. Considering Ryuji and Ann got pulled in when Ren went into Meta verse.
Most of us try not to think about it, but if you want, you can just assume that nobody was paying them any mind and no one was in their radius either.
Old 2018-05-12, 13:59   Link #186
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Now this was quite a fun episode. Kitagawa sure is a bit weird for a teen but it makes sense due to his passion for art and his respect towards Madarame. Of course, the nicest guy turned out to be the culprit this time.

Also, Akechi keeps having thirty second cameos as usual.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 18:56   Link #187
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Pacing and transitions are as usual quite quick and rash, but this is definitely the first episode I genuinely enjoyed. There are very good camera work (notably those close pan on the character face, even Morgana's) and the direction is pretty faithful while working nicely for an anime format. The production value was also above the series average.

They really did a good job when it comes to Yusuke in general, be it his excentric personality or his devotion for Madarame.

I just hope that Hifumi's cameo with the shogi game won't deny her a proper appearance, but I doubt they will bother with her.
Old 2018-05-12, 18:57   Link #188
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Next episode should be entertaining, if it plays out like in the game.
Old 2018-05-13, 05:00   Link #189
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Very good episode, Tomokazu Sugita remains my favourite VA in the cast, Yusuke's emotional depth really shows, and Madarame's plot seems much harder to uncover than Kamoshida's. I've come to expect a lot in the next three episodes - not in the palace exploration part, but the social reformation that is bound to follow. Hifumi PvP in shogi mobage? I need dis.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 10:43   Link #190
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So... They were playing Shogi, and they were playing against Hifumi online? I didn't even catch that.

As for Yusuke.. Artists gonna art. That's how I've always looked at him. XD
Old 2018-05-13, 11:40   Link #191
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I kinda wonder about the legality of painting a nude of a minor. Though in this case he just imagines her naked.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 12:50   Link #192
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So... They were playing Shogi, and they were playing against Hifumi online? I didn't even catch that.
No, it was Morgana playing against Ryuuji. Hifumi was just the mascot of the game.
Old 2018-05-13, 13:33   Link #193
Dextro
He Without a Title

And at last we have the student council president. Now this show is finally getting good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
No, it was Morgana playing against Ryuuji. Hifumi was just the mascot of the game.
I noticed that as well. That was pretty cute

Also: I really need that OP/ED combo in my mp3 player. Any word on when the singles are out?
Old 2018-05-13, 19:51   Link #194
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
And at last we have the student council president. Now this show is finally getting good.
I'm in the Lady Ann camp for now until the girl with headgear comes in.
Old 2018-05-13, 23:11   Link #195
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm in the Lady Ann camp for now until the girl with headgear comes in.
Ah a fellow man of culture for best girl I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
And at last we have the student council president. Now this show is finally getting good. ?
Ah a fellow man of culture for 2nd best girl I see.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 02:43   Link #196
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

You think the current pace is "rushed"? Oh boy, you are in for a surprise then! Let me put it like this: The series actually needs to have a pace of 3 episodes per arc on average to even just cover the main story. Kamoshida's palace already took 4 episodes, so at least one arc is already doomed to be mere 2 episodes.

Yup, 24 episodes is not nearly enough for Persona 5...

I hope the anime does spend a bit of time on the last permanent party member though. Joining last means the least main story screentime and in additon another character stole the spotlight and on top of that the last permantent party member's phantom thief form (in battle) and a few other instances always gave a subtle feeling of coldness and brutality that the game never really addressed.

Last edited by GreyZone; 2018-05-14 at 02:54.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 03:37   Link #197
Random14

They'd have to rearrange the story a bit to accomplish that, beyond just cameos. P5 did a poorer job of giving the party members screen time than P4 did, unfortunately. Well, P5's plot was quite different but still. If/when they make an expanded edition (ala FES/Golden) then they might try to fix that. So far no sign of anyone like Aika though, but considering how much they have to squeeze in, that's not surprising.

Yay, best girl has made contact with the party. Ryuji is really bad at this stealth thing. Glad Ren is talking a bit more. I didn't realize that was a Hifumi cameo until I read about it online, mainly because its so unlike her. Too bad they probably can't give her much actual screentime (at least Toranosuke is still making cameos).

So their next target is going to be a bit more tricky. Yusuke is kind of annoying like this, but then he's kind of an abuse victim so his behavior is not unheard of (as Madarame is basically the only parent he's ever known). This episode was more fun now that they're done with most of the basic explanations (and they don't have to bother with sub-par battle scenes).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 07:53   Link #198
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Not doing combat is actually better. We spare our eyes the horror and the studio gets extra air time for more important stuff.
Quote:
Now this show is finally getting good. ?
Nope. Gotta wait for the entire party to gather up and then have a mandatory beach episode. WHO'S WITH ME!?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 10:35   Link #199
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Never been able to play the game but I hope Ren gets more lines than just saying the obvious. I mean, Yu in Persona 4 got an entire episode where he assisted a student in love with a basketball player. Maybe they could further flesh out Ren's relationship with his guardian.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-14, 11:29   Link #200
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Never been able to play the game but I hope Ren gets more lines than just saying the obvious. I mean, Yu in Persona 4 got an entire episode where he assisted a student in love with a basketball player. Maybe they could further flesh out Ren's relationship with his guardian.
Very unlikely. As I've already explained there isn't enough time for that because Persona 5 has significantly more "serious main story content" than Persona 4 had. In addition Persona 5 is more "serious" in general compared to Persona 4.