AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-01-12, 05:47   Link #1
James Rye

Mieruko-chan

I thought there was a thread already, but I checked all pages and either the thread was deleted or I overlooked it.
In any case, here you go: Mieruko-chan!

Quote:
One day a girl suddenly starts seeing heteromorphic "gabbling" looking creatures who can't be seen by any ordinary people. She doesn't try escaping them, nor does she attempt confronting them.. instead she tries her hardest to keep a normal appearance and live on as usual.
Like the description says, Mieruko suddenly saw supercreepy ghosts and spirits everywhere. She is really impressive with how hard she tries not to react to all the scary stuff going on around her. But ofc there is only so much a girl can take. Mieruko got a friend called Hana who got an insanely huge life aura meaning spirits are drawn to her to feed on her aura.

What is really great about this, so far 20 chapter long series, is that we "learn" only the same amount as Mieruko does. Meaning we have no exorcist or mentor telling us everything with a flashback or infodump. Mieruko sees a lot of weird things and more than often tries to not think about it because it is so scary, but to the readers it shows small glimpses of how the "ghost parallel world" might work or what is happening there without an in-series explanation.

I show you a couple of examples:

Spoiler for Scary examples:

Those are just from the first 3 chapters. Believe me, later there are far worse but also far sadder stuff that really kicks you in the feels. I think the releases are monthly and with only twenty chapters out it should be a breeze for most of you to read through. If you want to read a story about a normal, cute girl trying to live a normal life when said life turned up-side down all of the sudden and you are not a big scaredy-cat, this is a manga I recommend to to give a try.^^

Edit: Just a small correction but the MC's name is Miko-chan. Mieruko is probably a mix of two japanese words then.

Last edited by James Rye; 2020-01-12 at 06:24.
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-12, 07:00   Link #2
Sixth
Hu Tao

It is a great series. Things are getting serious for her now.

It seems that she is destined to be a shrine maiden if she wants to have a peaceful life in the future.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-12, 07:24   Link #3
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
It is a great series. Things are getting serious for her now.

It seems that she is destined to be a shrine maiden if she wants to have a peaceful life in the future.
Yeah, she needs some way of defending herself and Miko is asking herself why she got the ability to see all those scary ghosts for. I think she either needs tools, not like the exploding rosaries, or other ghosts as fighters for her.

Spoiler for Like this guy:

For now she has the fox girls keeping her safe but that is limited and we don't know what payment they would require to "hire again" if they would even accept that order again to begin with. But the girls sure are useful though their god seems far more powerful although it seems he cannot leave his shrine grounds? Like I said we don't know much about the ghosts and how they function and why they do so.

Spoiler for Yay for spirit fox girls~:
Old 2020-01-12, 07:39   Link #4
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post

For now she has the fox girls keeping her safe but that is limited and we don't know what payment they would require to "hire again" if they would even accept that order again to begin with. But the girls sure are useful though their god seems far more powerful although it seems he cannot leave his shrine grounds? Like I said we don't know much about the ghosts and how they function and why they do so.
Maybe she needs to donate more money for the blessing in the end. Even for god realm's money talks.
Old 2020-01-12, 13:15   Link #5
James Rye

I doubt ghosts care much about money, but then again the tiny old men are stealing shiny things which they roll into the big old man's mouth. So maybe there is something to it?
Old 2020-02-04, 08:21   Link #6
James Rye

Well, that was a creepy flash-back, poor kiddo, his mom was totally bonkers. But the hell happened at the end? I thought the teacher was the pet murdering possessed a-hole and then he dives to save a kitty from an in-coming car? Whaaaaaaaat? Next chapter with the explanation can't come fast enough, also wonder if Miko-chan woll use up her last protection by then or if it somehow resolves in another way.
Old 2020-02-04, 08:48   Link #7
Sixth
Hu Tao

It seems that he didn't kill the cats. Every cat that he adopted probably killed by his mother ghost by draining their life force. And yes, the ghost must be his dead mother.
Old 2020-02-21, 03:24   Link #8
Sixth
Hu Tao

The latest raw is out.

Holy shit. Miko is in deep shit at the end of the chapter and the future chapters as well.

Spoiler for Chapter 22 Raw:
Old 2020-02-21, 12:28   Link #9
James Rye

Yeah and that double spread page looked amazing! The mangaka really can create immersive flow of his artwork, very fluid and with impact. I love it! <3
Old 2020-02-23, 07:39   Link #10
Sixth
Hu Tao

English can is out.

Turn out that the teacher is not a cat-killer. What a twist.
Old 2020-02-23, 12:10   Link #11
James Rye

Who would have expected that?^^
Now that all three favors are used up Miko needs to find a new way to protect herself and ofc Hana and co who are also in danger of spirits. Hope the teacher gets better/changes now that his mother's spirit is "purified" aka busted to pieces.
Old 2020-03-12, 22:54   Link #12
iko_uwais

Holy..
Ch 23 raw is out and turns out, zen might not be a good guy after all.
Spoiler for ch 23:
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-13, 07:32   Link #13
James Rye

Spoiler for ch, 23 spoiler:
Old 2020-05-09, 17:47   Link #14
James Rye

New chapter 24 finally out after a long time, big things are happening!
Ol'Baba is back in town and ready to wreck ghosts, yokai and spirits and anything else to help Miko and Hana. The shrine where Miko got the protection of the fox kamis "doesn't exist". We see a man who can clearly see the same monsters just like Miko can and he was the one who called for Baba and she knows him. And Julia has yet to hear the crushing news that Miko and Hana already watched the 2nd My Troll Neighbor movie without her...
Old 2020-05-10, 06:32   Link #15
Sixth
Hu Tao

Now it is really ominous about the "shrine".

Are these really gods or just another demons that masquerade as a god to lure Miko? What do they want to do with Miko anyways? Eat her?
Old 2020-05-11, 15:24   Link #16
James Rye

If they would want to eat her why protect her three times? I think they want something else from Miko, either possess her or they want her do do some deeds for them they can't do as spirits in the real world. Like taking care of their shrine for example.
Let's not forget that Baba might have a wrong idea about some ghosts similar to how Julia can't see the real scary ones either and only the small stuff so her idea of ghosts isn't quite up o the reality Miko faces daily.
Old 2020-06-03, 00:06   Link #17
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I didn't know there was a thread. Great! Its a pretty good series. It has me on my seat. This thread needs a picture on the first post btw.
Very detailed and thrilling.
IMO it's like the author took elements from Odd Thomas, Six Sense and Corpse Party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
If they would want to eat her why protect her three times?
Let me answer some of your questions, when she went to the shrine she prayed THREE times. You can check that chapter.

Quote:
I think they want something else from Miko, either possess her or they want her do do some deeds for them they can't do as spirits in the real world. Like taking care of their shrine for example.
I agree.
She made an offering and was granted 3 failsafes.
But what after they're now gone?
They can pull a Devil's Deal on her as she needs help and persuade her into accepting a "We'll help you without offerings but you'll have to pay tenfold" and that would explain why they're still following her, waiting for the opportunity to rise.

Quote:
Let's not forget that Baba might have a wrong idea about some ghosts similar to how Julia can't see the real scary ones either and only the small stuff so her idea of ghosts isn't quite up o the reality Miko faces daily.
Baba can help with her knowledge. Even if she doesnt hae the same level of spiritual perception she has wisdom.
For example
Spoiler for BIG SPOILER:

Also, the foxes are stalking MC. Her future looks gray.
Old 2020-06-03, 05:49   Link #18
James Rye

Loved the weirdo magician, dude feels like a total scammer with his magical stones but Miko-chan saw their use immediately with the new creepy spirit. Glad she got one of them for free. Question is if they are like one-use-stones or can always be reused. Same question with what goal the fox spirits have with Miko. Hana's adorable as ever and I think she is right those two bunny dolls look tooooooooooootally different, am I right? XD
Old 2020-06-03, 08:59   Link #19
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Actually he might have put a stone inside the doll as well as failsafe.

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2020-06-03 at 12:51.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-03, 11:21   Link #20
Sixth
Hu Tao

I hope that the next chapter is about Miko go to the shrine to offer an offering. It is long overdue.

Tags
exorcism, horror