AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-16, 02:19   Link #361
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
something about the animation really makes me happy. I think its the art. Its really well done and the OP and ED does what they're supposed to do any makes you feel something when you listen to it opposed to a generic jpop song.
Old 2012-04-16, 06:52   Link #362
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
So I gave this another shot and watched ep2 since mystery/horror is a relatively genre in anime so I like to try them whenever they are available. It was better than the pilot ep, but it's still bad. Unnecessary "anime comedy" antics that are just so, so old. At least this time, it didn't overwhelm the mystery atmosphere as much, but these mystery elements are way too kiddy and lighthearted for my liking that I can't get into it and found myself really bored. It also doesn't help that this season is strong so I don't have time for mediocrity such as this.

So, I'm dropping this for good this time. Cya next season Silver Link for Kokoro Connect, if you fail that you're on DEEN levels for me from now on.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 07:00   Link #363
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Hehe, I love rage-quits

Anyway, I am glad someone else noticed the copy/paste from Natsu no Arashi on the director's part, but given that in this shows case the visuals are far better, I'll let it slide... and in any case the mangaka has written way more interesting stories about other maidens
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 07:14   Link #364
Azure King
Snr Spammer

something just doesn't seem right with how this anime is directed

maybe it just me
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 07:25   Link #365
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure King View Post
something just doesn't seem right with how this anime is directed

maybe it just me
No it's not you. The directing is definitely not anything remotely of quality. Like I said, the presence of "moe/comedy" shenanigans is strong and quite disjarring. But this is more the norm than the exception (the way moe or fanservice is just added on for the sake of adding it on without adding any value) when it comes to anime so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Fortunately, there's a substantial amount of good stuff that's airing this season, so feel free to PM me if you want some recommendations if you're not following very many yourself.
Old 2012-04-16, 07:56   Link #366
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

There's a really good story here but its bogged down by banal character interactions. It would go really interesting at one point, then go completely generic on another. Well the visuals are crazy good so I'm definitely sticking but it's definitely nowhere near the best this season.
Old 2012-04-16, 07:58   Link #367
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Opinions...everyone has their own...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 08:00   Link #368
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
So I gave this another shot and watched ep2 since mystery/horror is a relatively genre in anime so I like to try them whenever they are available. It was better than the pilot ep, but it's still bad. Unnecessary "anime comedy" antics that are just so, so old. At least this time, it didn't overwhelm the mystery atmosphere as much, but these mystery elements are way too kiddy and lighthearted for my liking that I can't get into it and found myself really bored. It also doesn't help that this season is strong so I don't have time for mediocrity such as this.

So, I'm dropping this for good this time. Cya next season Silver Link for Kokoro Connect, if you fail that you're on DEEN levels for me from now on.
Let wait till they animate chap 13 of the manga.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 08:14   Link #369
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
Let wait till they animate chap 13 of the manga.
I rather not. Not falling for the "it's gets better later on" bulldust. You fail to catch my attention with your opener eps, 90% of the time the latter bits are just as bad. And definitely not this season, where I'm watching 10+ shows, similar to like what Spring 2011 or 2007 was like.
Old 2012-04-16, 08:19   Link #370
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
And definitely not this season, where I'm watching 10+ shows, similar to like what Spring 2011 or 2007 was like.
Ah...Spring ^^
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 08:24   Link #371
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I rather not. Not falling for the "it's gets better later on" bulldust. You fail to catch my attention with your opener eps, 90% of the time the latter bits are just as bad. And definitely not this season, where I'm watching 10+ shows, similar to like what Spring 2011 or 2007 was like.
I say give all anime three episodes. If it doesn't do anything by then, you can drop it. There are plenty of series that didn't deliver their true kick until the third episode, after all.
Old 2012-04-16, 08:55   Link #372
Dop
Mmmm....

I generally agree on the three episode trial as a rule, if it's a longer series I might give it more episodes, but for a one cour show three episodes is usually enough to get a grip on the show.

Really good shows can grab you with the first episode, but some need a few episodes to get into.
Really bad shows can turn you off on the first episode, but some need a few episodes to decide you're going to drop them.

The show hasn't really engaged me, but I'm giving it a third episode.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 08:59   Link #373
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

All three 'Undead' series of Spring (ironically, the season of 'life') seems to be progressing well, no complaints from me here as well, big fan of Sliver Link... Though they've taken a less colourful approach for this series, but the creepy factor they've developed from C3 has gotten stronger with this second episode.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 09:12   Link #374
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I'm liking it so far...I don't see what is so disappointing about it so far, but that's just me. Characters mean more for me than the story so if the characters are likable, I can forgive a mediocre story. However, even a great character can't change an awful story so it's a hit-n-miss with that sort of thing. Apparently my current lack of woundable expectations in anime is a defensive mechanisim from the 'tragedy' that was the R+V anime adaptation in my POV.

...but anyway. For me, I'm just watching the story and characters come to life for TOxA and Silver Link has done just that.
Old 2012-04-16, 09:19   Link #375
ellifeedn
Thinker

Look, some people may not get into it and you shouldn't force them to watch it, unless there's some really interesting scene that you want to share with other people. Otherwise, just let it go.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 09:25   Link #376
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Watched episode 1-2. I like it. Interesting anime with paranormal/ghost & humors. The characters looks good and finally a ML who got some balls.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 09:50   Link #377
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was under the impression Teiichi could interact with Yuuko because he had supernatural powers (I blame that dumb blonde girl for that), but it turns out anybody can see Yuuko as long as they are open-minded enough about the supernatural. That explains why Kirie can see her too.

Yuuko was very lovely in this episode~ I love her playfulness.

PS: Boob grabbing count so far: 3.
Old 2012-04-16, 10:17   Link #378
JokerD

I prefer the character design in the manga so the anime is a bit strange for me. Having said that, I like how they are trying to mix the moe and drama bits together, but the mesh up is not very good so it seems a but jarring to me at times.

Seems like Yuuko is different things to different people, even she doesn't care much how see looks like (except for her bones)
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 10:28   Link #379
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

It's not quite open mindedness. The analogy to hypnosis is more accurate, in that Yuuko's appearance, or more accurately her influence on the environment, causes people to see or not see what they subconsciously think is around them. There's also the question of "if people see what they want to see, what exactly does Yuuko look like?"

I had sort of forgotten about these early, sillier "mysteries". They're not quite on the level as some of the later ones, and certainly not as screwed up. I think the studio did a good job of covering stuff while teasing some of the future tones in the story, and while the budget isn't high the animation and sound are still pretty good. I noticed that Yuuko is actually singing the OP and ED...that's a pretty nice touch.
Old 2012-04-16, 10:43   Link #380
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Very nicely done by Silver Link. Catches the light-heartedness of the early mysteries perfectly and more importantly of the Yuuko we all love.

And what....is this thread trying to rival the Accel World one in becoming the trollbait thread of Spring?

You don't like, go away and don't watch....simple as that, don't try to stop them when it's their loss and won't hurt the anime's performance any....

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural