AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-26, 21:53   Link #21
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?

I think that this one will be worth watching.

I mean 291 episodes, come oooon D:

mugenTaichou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 23:40   Link #22
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Oh $hit...Why did I click on this thread? I already put all my love for DBZ to bed, If I wake it back up...Oh $hit...
Old 2009-02-27, 00:36   Link #23
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Ah the series I adopted my username from all those years ago (we're talking like 98 here) is back in the limelight once more. Of course Gundam Wing aired shortly after but this moniker stuck.

I wonder if they'll still use Chala-Head-Chala.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 00:55   Link #24
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

You know that I actually got into Dragonball Z when it was released in America on Toonami (when it was still alive and aired in the afternoons.) I remember watching it everyday after school, it was pretty much my priority. I didn't have the luxury of a high-speed Internet connection and was ignorant to anime all together back then. Now is a different story and I'm glad that they will be revisiting the series once again. This sounds fantastic but I won't be used to the Japanese voice actors since I was exposed to English dubs first
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 01:03   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah will be interesting watching it with the Japanese cast instead considering I was introduced to the series on tv. Still wonder if they can really fit everything in within 100 episodes. I mean yeah there was a lot of filler and things got stretched out, but can still assume there is plenty of material to cover. Oh well if they are going to do it will assume they will take however much time is necessary.

Should be good for the memories if anything.
Old 2009-02-27, 01:10   Link #26
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Before I say anything...
Question: When you guys say "filler", it includes all the standoff scenes right? Cause rather than the side stories, I'd like those pointless scenes taken away.

Now then, for my commentaries...
Dragonball series is a classic anime. It was the 'gateway anime' for me and I'm sure it was for a lot of you. Making a remake of it blends it into the new generation of anime, and it takes away that prestige that it had for so long. Perhaps not to the people who already watched the original. But, to future anime watchers, they'll most likely only watch the new version and treat it only as just another series they watched.

Regardless I am pumped to see the remake, and yes I'm a fanatic for DB. I think I've watched the trilogy at least 5 times, not to mention the movies & specials, manga, the games, and all those merchandizes in my posession...
Here's my confession: I've seen DB in Japanese, English, and Korean. And I gotta say DB is one of the series that I think the dub does a better job than the original Japanese recording. And so that being said, I do hope for a dub. I also am excited for new music.
Old 2009-02-27, 01:15   Link #27
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

please, no more Goku Voiced by a chick, his 7 year old voice is annoying
Old 2009-02-27, 05:10   Link #28
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
please, no more Goku Voiced by a chick, his 7 year old voice is annoying
Errrrm...are you talking about the original seiyu that did Son Goku's voice? For the Japanese version, I highly doubt they change that.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 05:53   Link #29
Blaat

Is it confirmed that Dragon ball Kai will have 100 episodes? That roughly means 3 chapters per episode, that's warp speed compared to the snail pace of Z.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 05:59   Link #30
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So it will be a remake with good graphics .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 07:17   Link #31
Gordy Lechance

And more Wakamoto "Emperor Charles" Norio as Cell is always a good thing.
Old 2009-02-27, 08:27   Link #32
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Errrrm...are you talking about the original seiyu that did Son Goku's voice? For the Japanese version, I highly doubt they change that.
damn, guess im waiting then =\ for the dub...
Old 2009-02-27, 12:15   Link #33
saravis

Good grief, here I was waiting for the remastered to watch the Android and Cell sagas, I already watched Frieza, but now seems I'll be waiting a bit longer. DBZ in HD, some new animation and fillerless, sounds like a recipe for win. Was the Garlic Jr saga filler? That was the one saga I out right disliked.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 12:22   Link #34
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

If they're doing the standard of at least what One Piece has, it will definitely be awesome.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 12:52   Link #35
Gordy Lechance

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Was the Garlic Jr saga filler? That was the one saga I out right disliked.
The Garlic Junior Saga is an entire season of fillers.
Old 2009-02-27, 13:44   Link #36
Mephiles
~ The Dark ~

DBZ was my first step in the world of anime series.

I hope they make a good remake and not screw the title.
Mephiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 14:35   Link #37
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Is it confirmed that Dragon ball Kai will have 100 episodes? That roughly means 3 chapters per episode, that's warp speed compared to the snail pace of Z.
Once again, the series being cut down into 100 episodes has not been confirmed. It is just a rumor being spread by many people. Sure the DragonBall Z anime had lots of filler, but to suggest that nearly two-thirds of its content was filler/scenes being prolonged is ridiculous. Also, if Funimation is to get their hands on this project, they had better do a good job of dubbing it. Their dub for the original Z series was absolutely atrocious and the dialogue was pretty much inaccurate 90% of the time. Watching DragonBall Z in english and japanese is like two completely different experiences, with the latter obviously being the superior of the two. Funimation does have a good voice cast for DragonBall Z, but man do they need to change Freeza's voice. Freeza is supposed to sound like an aristocratic ruler, not like a grandma.
Old 2009-02-27, 16:44   Link #38
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Ah the series I adopted my username from all those years ago (we're talking like 98 here)
I can't believe I slept on that ...

I had been wondering where the heck your name came from...

As for Freeza, for all intents and purposes me and my friends always considered him a “her”…Perhaps lost in translation perhaps not (Hell Goku is 100% female in the Japanese VA), Freeza always came off better when we thought he was a girl…Hell he looks feminine and I never had a problem thinking as such…Additionally, if they only edit one thing, I hope they change Freeza saying Namek had 5 MINUTES before it blows up….That had to be the most mind-defying miscalculation of time since watching an episode of LOST….
Old 2009-02-27, 19:33   Link #39
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
These are pretty good news and I can't wait to get back in the old days of Dragonball fights. The only flaw for me will be that some fillers were rather good like Garlic Jr. Saga. The fight between few members of Ginyu Force and Yamcha, Tienshinan and Chiaotzu will be cut off, right? Bummer because that is the only fight where they actually kicked some ass.
Old 2009-02-27, 22:29   Link #40
rebel one
Do the Monkey

I couldn't believe my eyes whe I read this. Dragonball has been among my top anime/manga since well forever. This will definitely be better than the remastered ones. And now it's DBK!

No fillers and extra scenes means that this series will be a lot shorter but it'll probably be better that way. That was what I disliked most about the anime. I wonder how Goku and Frieza's "5 minute" fight is going to happen. Certainly not 8 episodes this time.
rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote