AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-22, 08:44   Link #18761
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
EDIT: Just as we were getting comfortable with the crack fort each of us may be building, from DestinyS to Rebuilt, Tsuzuki may really have decided to strike Forth.

"Every body now. On 2. 1, 2..."

"H0LY 5HYT"

Looks like its time to organize another round of hop-skotch. I'd say Tsuzuki'd do something similar to whatever I had planned for the MageWarrior series and screw it up like StrikerS.

BUT let's see if der Kleriker continues to prove why "I Am Legend" in surviving the next onslaught.

Otherwise, that MTV of Jay Chou's "Wo Bu Pei" is gonna come in handy for "The Breakup of Tessalgar Square"...
Not really sure on that news report at the moment, since it's strange no one's come up and translated anything yet. But if it is true, then YES PLEASE

And as for the OC... We've dodged the Ion Canon before, and we'll do so again!!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-01-22, 08:53   Link #18762
Aaron008R

Babelfished link.

I'm not in the mood to join in on the fun right now. Anyhow, it seems to imply even more new chars. Here's to hoping that some justice is done to the series unlike StrikerS. Oh, and I want to see them doing something about Hayate's case. (Damn them all to hell if they don't!) GenerationS will be officially AU if this goes out. And I don't care, I'm still continuing it. Of course, I'll do something about canon insertions, nonetheless.

@Chaos: I liked the first chapter. Though I'll only be able to proofread the day after tomorrow. Tomorrow is my first exam in Criminal Procedures.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2008-01-22, 09:05   Link #18763
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Babelfished link.

I'm not in the mood to join in on the fun right now. Anyhow, it seems to imply even more new chars. Here's to hoping that some justice is done to the series unlike StrikerS. Oh, and I want to see them doing something about Hayate's case. (Damn them all to hell if they don't!) GenerationS will be officially AU if this goes out. And I don't care, I'm still continuing it. Of course, I'll do something about canon insertions, nonetheless.
That link is awesomely...misleading. Asuka Amano?! Is that Nanoha? But the words there show nothing of the plot...

Well, due to the timeframe strike Forth would be set, at least we'll get to see the almost fully developed Archer!Kha in action, not to mention Kia with some of her powers back. I'd certainly love to see der Kleriker try and get used to, not just having his mom back, but suddenly not being the only child!

But I'm sad for strike Forth, as I soooooooooooooo wanted to do Megane as Rider! Especially since her little girl is so close to being one!

*ahem*

FSN fanboy outbreak, apologies.
Old 2008-01-22, 09:17   Link #18764
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
At any rate, I'm guessing that, if you want a model of sorts to run off of, use the modern CIA, or if you want fictional, use ONI from the Halo series.
It's kind of hard to figure out how much of the CIA is truth and how much is spy-sensationalist fiction. Occasionally the former is weirder than the latter.

I think I have a sort-of grasp on how ONI works in the Halo-verse, but that's based on rather cursory readings of the novels. Hopefully that is enough.

Quote:
EDIT: Just as we were getting comfortable with the crack fort each of us may be building, from DestinyS to Rebuilt, Tsuzuki may really have decided to strike Forth.
You see these? Right here? These are tears.

Tears of anguish.

Well, it's not very reliable-looking, and I suppose my primary objection to a new Nanoha season is not "no", but more like "not yet".
Old 2008-01-22, 09:56   Link #18765
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

@Chaos: I liked the first chapter. Though I'll only be able to proofread the day after tomorrow. Tomorrow is my first exam in Criminal Procedures.
Part ONE, of the first chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Not really sure on that news report at the moment, since it's strange no one's come up and translated anything yet. But if it is true, then YES PLEASE
Even if it's true, which I don't think so, I probably won't be able to watch it cause I'll be... Taken away by the government... >.>

Quote:
And as for the OC... We've dodged the Ion Canon before, and we'll do so again!!!!
Canon hates me... >.>

(Oh yeah, I keep forgetting to reply your pm )

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post

Tears of anguish.
*Mental image of Xenomorph's blood...*
Old 2008-01-22, 10:02   Link #18766
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
It's kind of hard to figure out how much of the CIA is truth and how much is spy-sensationalist fiction. Occasionally the former is weirder than the latter.

I think I have a sort-of grasp on how ONI works in the Halo-verse, but that's based on rather cursory readings of the novels. Hopefully that is enough.
Try looking for Hunting the Jackal by Billy Waugh and... damn, forgot what it's about, but it's Antonio Mendez Jr.'s memoir on his life in the CIA. Waugh was a Special Forces Sergeant Major who retired, joined the CIA as a paramilitary case officer, and at the age of 73, took part in Operation Enduring Freedom, marching across the frozen plains of afghanistan.

Waugh also had Carlos the Jackal and Osama bin Laden in his sights and was unable to receive permission to shoot them.

Quote:

Tears of anguish.

Well, it's not very reliable-looking, and I suppose my primary objection to a new Nanoha season is not "no", but more like "not yet".
I feel the same way, because then a new Nanoha season will do all sorts of screwing with our timelines and the new faction that I thought of crackly and which Kagerou may use in Alpha

Plus there's the issue that the cast didn't really get handled properly in StrikerS; hopefully this will improve and return to A's quality. (on the other hand A's was mostly lots of well-choreographed fights - it's hard to screw up an episode when it's a fight.) I most assuredly want to see more Unison Signum/Agito for GREAT WIN.

On the other hand... maybe it's a good thing my new faction won't show up for a while. The sheer concentrated badass would cause a Ground Forces officer's manhood to shrivel up in fright. (If female, it would depend on how receptive she would be to badass. <.<)

I''ll just say this: they have a shared kinship with 226,300 people on Earth...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-01-22, 10:12   Link #18767
Aaron008R

Reliability notwithstanding, here's selkirk's trans of the memo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Sounds fishy to me, but anyway...

Supposedly about anti-terror warfare.
New characters:
Amano Asuka - 18 years old. Special forces (army) Major. (whoa rank inflation )
Hokuto Kusanagi - 16 years old. Army Captain. ヒュームリット(?) (Combat Cyborg) Modern Belka. The daughter of the Kusanagi couple in the Dominators, her upbringing was complicated.

Nanoha is an Air Force Major.
強化人間エクステンデッド(後述)
Enhanced humans "Extended" (detailed below) - Magic Rank Air AA
...not gonna read the rest, but it includes some characters with such choice terms as "big-breasted, rough-mouthed", and some Kansai-ben speaking childish face character.
Other characters like "sick" character: Beretta (like Asakura Ryouko), Hokuto (silent type like Nagato Yuki, Tabitha)

New unit called the Dominators. A lot of choice words are just in the greyed out areas, and I don't want to try and identify blobs. Anyway, it's where Asuka et al are. They go up against Nanoha, and Hayate, predicting the political fallout, reassembles the old Riot 6 members in secret.

Just some random translations from what I could see easily.
Regardless, it'll be good for something to talk about. Sounds very fanficcy though... MOAR characters...

OC Profiles
Old 2008-01-22, 10:27   Link #18768
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

Tears of anguish.

I must admit "strike Forth" sounds quite like a title that they'd do, but that's just me. What my primary concern (and objection) is of a "NO, YOU GUYS SCREWED STRIKERS, SO DON'T KILL THE FRANCHISE BEYOND THE DAMAGE ALREADY DONE!!!" kinda mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I feel the same way, because then a new Nanoha season will do all sorts of screwing with our timelines and the new faction that I thought of crackly and which Kagerou may use in Alpha

Plus there's the issue that the cast didn't really get handled properly in StrikerS; hopefully this will improve and return to A's quality. (on the other hand A's was mostly lots of well-choreographed fights - it's hard to screw up an episode when it's a fight.) I most assuredly want to see more Unison Signum/Agito for GREAT WIN.
For me, I'm not so concerned about timelines -I have too many, killing some off might do me good -, but it does slow things down for the Kerokanon. Nonetheless, I'll just switch back to the main timeline, progress from there via Ion-Canon Hopskotch, then switch back to Kerokanon end of next year.

It's really simple, with my persistent half-hatching habit persisting persistently.

Looks like that Epilogue of StrikerS for the main timeline needs to be banged out pronto. Everyone, start cracking! So far, only Master FlameZ and Keroko, who doesn't really exist in the timeline, has done so!

RE Unwanted Sequel: I wished they'd take a leaf from Gundam and get both action and plot mostly right, while making it a 50 epi blockbuster because they can, should and must have to do the Nanohaverse right.

Quote:
On the other hand... maybe it's a good thing my new faction won't show up for a while. The sheer concentrated badass would cause a Ground Forces officer's manhood to shrivel up in fright. (If female, it would depend on how receptive she would be to badass. <.<)

I''ll just say this: they have a shared kinship with 226,300 people on Earth...
Now I've no idea what's going on...
Quote:
Reliability notwithstanding, here's selkirk's trans of the memo...

Regardless, it'll be good for something to talk about. Sounds very fanficcy though... MOAR characters...
As expected, there's gonna be political fallout from 912... Just in time too, when Celestial Being's deep factional divide is beginning to surface...

*hides the Thrones*

But...

Amano Asuka sounds like Amuro + Asuka's lovechild. >_>

And Hotuko Kusanagi, a Modern Belka Sentokijin? Did I just hear MAKOTO Kusanagi?! Or let me guess... SOMEBODY at 7Arcs after reading this thread all StrikerS decided to let us have a clear signal for once, and made the Nighty Jail+Tre offspring become reality.

Yeap, definitely fanficcy... And yes MOAR characters. Let's play with them! :3

*goes to work on Hotuko*
Old 2008-01-22, 10:36   Link #18769
Aaron008R

Quote:
I must admit "strike Forth" sounds quite like a title that they'd do, but that's just me. What my primary concern (and objection) is of a "NO, YOU GUYS SCREWED STRIKERS, SO DON'T KILL THE FRANCHISE BEYOND THE DAMAGE ALREADY DONE!!!" kinda mood.
Personally, I WANT them to make another series to make amends for StrikerS. Hopefully, they aren't solely concerned in making more money out of fanservice and actually do it right this time.

Quote:
For me, I'm not so concerned about timelines -I have too many, killing some off might do me good -, but it does slow things down for the Kerokanon. Nonetheless, I'll just switch back to the main timeline, progress from there via Ion-Canon Hopskotch, then switch back to Kerokanon end of next year.

It's really simple, with my persistent half-hatching habit persisting persistently.

Looks like that Epilogue of StrikerS for the main timeline needs to be banged out pronto. Everyone, start cracking! So far, only Master FlameZ and Keroko, who doesn't really exist in the timeline, has done so!
I've got no problems there.

Quote:
RE Unwanted Sequel: I wished they'd take a leaf from Gundam and get both action and plot mostly right, while making it a 50 epi blockbuster because they can, should and must have to do the Nanohaverse right.
I'd still prefer shorter than 50 eps though.

Quote:
As expected, there's gonna be political fallout from 912... Just in time too, when Celestial Being's deep factional divide is beginning to surface...

But...

Amano Asuka sounds like Amuro + Asuka's lovechild. >_>

And Hotuko Kusanagi, a Modern Belka Sentokijin? Did I just hear MAKOTO Kusanagi?! Or let me guess... SOMEBODY at 7Arcs read this thread and after deciding to let us have a clear signal, made the Nighty Jail+Tre offspring become reality.

Yeap, definitely fanficcy... And yes MOAR characters. Let's play with them! :3

*goes to work on Hotuko*
Here he goes...

OC Profiles
Old 2008-01-22, 10:40   Link #18770
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It all sounds too much like fanfiction to me. The Sentoukijin, I can understand, what with Fate saving all the jarred ladies, but the 18 year old Major? That would make her more l33t then even Hayate!
Old 2008-01-22, 10:47   Link #18771
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Personally, I WANT them to make another series to make amends for StrikerS. Hopefully, they aren't solely concerned in making more money out of fanservice and actually do it right this time.
That hopefully will save the series, otherwise it's gonna be like the second hit in the El Hazard 1-2 KO dealt by Alternative World, and then by Wanderers. Or so I heard.

Quote:
I'd still prefer shorter than 50 eps though.
Enough epis to cover all points, that works for me.

Quote:
Here he goes...
Maybe I should leave it to Nighty for this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It all sounds too much like fanfiction to me. The Sentoukijin, I can understand, what with Fate saving all the jarred ladies, but the 18 year old Major? That would make her more l33t then even Hayate!
I assumed that the lab blew, with every specimen in it... Did it?

Yeah the 2nd point, didn't notice 1st time, but the second just floored me. I say this is bad crack, like unpure Blue Magic.

Yes I watched American Gangster...
Old 2008-01-22, 10:52   Link #18772
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I assumed that the lab blew, with every specimen in it... Did it?
Then how did Lutecia's mom make it out alive? Anyway, Fate saved the day, but like the thunderbird she is, she got herself in more trouble while doing so.
Old 2008-01-22, 11:01   Link #18773
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodius Trueheart View Post
Oi!

I might have completely misinterpreted half the canon, but it seemed to go without saying to me that Ancient Belka and Al Hazared were the same, or at least Al Hazared was Belkan in nature.

Wasn't, for example, the Book of Darkness referred to as a Lost Logia, as was the Cradle itself? (of course, I assumed that the term "Lost Logia" denotes Alhazaredan origin - that may be my error)
The links between the two are there but weak at best. Though it might not just be coincidence both the BoD and Cradle have relatively recent associations with AB.

The cross on the Belkan magic circle and the BoD does intrigue me on whether the design goes beyond cosmetic and technological purposes to have any deeper connections way back.

...and this just came in.

Spoiler for crack:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Bigger chest = Greater love.
Well sometimes too much is no good.

Quote:
30 years before StrikerS.

Graham should be about 26, if following Nighty's profile.
30 years before Strikers? He would be closer to 30++ since he would be around 70 at least given his comments of his encounter with magic nearly 50 years ago in A's. I might be wrong anyway.

Quote:
I had planned more, but somehow I overshot my own word limit to 3000+

Will piece together the two part soon... I'll only post it on FF.net after completing a few chapters...

Oh, and 'Nightingale' is just the codeword for that day
Hmm. Good direction to take.

Quote:
I wanted to keep Graham at Captain level But Nighty had stress that he was Admiral at that age many times so I can't do anything about that

And I will be using these animal words to represent my characters throughout the story I've gotten nicknames for most of them, except Graham He eludes me
Grey Hound.

Quote:
P.S -

@Tormenk

Images like this,

Spoiler:
Suffice to say I am always on the lookout for more Katrina material.

Though I just remembered the perfect template for her, when a manga I had personally been keeping up with got adapted into anime..

Spoiler:

Moka Akashiya's alternate persona from Rosario+Vampire in case anyone is wondering.

Quote:
P.P.S -

So, three week into the winter season, how's is the season doing for you guys? My personal favorite has got to be 'True Tears' In terms of... Oh I don't know, everything?
Not watching any new shows yet though quite a number of promising titles this season. Still, I might this pick up since SnH was a good recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Didn't we go over this, like, THIRTY TIMES ALREADY?!
Things will never get old unless they turn black and white.

Quote:

Well...Lulu IS pretty popular...

Still - I have trouble seeing Pizza Butt like that...

Milly? Kinda, but not really.

Karen? No.

Shirley? HELL NO!

But PIZZA BUTT? Yeah.

And Nunally just gives the whole thing a HUGE dash of creepy!
Commercialized artwork does tend to stray away from characterization to sell, main reason the lack of it among my collection.

Even Nunnally from Nightmare of Nunnally doesn't begin to match the creepier CG stuff floating out there.

Quote:
C.C.

Damn, really making the wait for CG2 very painful
Rumors are floating around that someone very similar to C.C. will appear in CG R2. Plus the R2 artwork of her can be pretty misleading.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-01-22, 11:26   Link #18774
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

woot, backlog. Well, I just went through the gist of it, not much to comment really, but I'll get to the Chaos one along with Flame/etc soon enough.

Recently went for a sleepover at my friend's place and had a chance to play the first few hours of Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed on his 360. A.C was kinda boring, but Mass Effect was hell-yeah. I'll admit, it's candy-Bioware and at times feels too close to home with their other games, but I'm not going to complain on whatever works.

Quote:
Maybe I should leave it to Nighty for this...
When I get to it. :3

Anyway, Strike Forth does honestly, reek of fanficism. Besides, Hokuto Kusanagi? Wouldn't that risk being sued by Sunrise? Next thing you know, his... I mean, her device is called Knight Ogre or Viper Whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
30 years before Strikers? He would be closer to 30++ since he would be around 70 at least given his comments of his encounter with magic nearly 50 years ago in A's. I might be wrong anyway.
I recall Lowe posted the flashback of him back in the days which made him look somewhere between 10 to 15 at best, even with Chrono's growth deficiency, since I recall he looked like a younger 14 year old Chrono.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-01-22, 12:28   Link #18775
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
EDIT: Also, I am planning something that will shake up the TSAB to its core.... and make Reguis howl in anger and madness, and all the Armed Bureau Mages wonder WTF is happening.

They will be Few. They will be Proud. And they will kick unholy ass most righteously.
Sounds tasty .

Quote:
Nope. Or more to the point, 7arcs knows that the Japs don't understand what it is to delegate and work as a proper fireteam.

It could just simply be that all these things Acous is doing are really stuff that other intelligence officers would do (hell, CIA case officers train to hold pretty much the same skillset) and 7arcs decided, "Hey, he's pimp. he can do all this!"

In real life, case officers do end up doing lot of stuff that Acous does alone (usually when the CIA station is them alone. Which should not apply here. Unless Acous is doing an off the record investigation.)
I keep thinking of Ryouji Kaji...

Quote:
Riders have been in OC before, especially in KBTKaiser's Kabuto Crossover works... but a TRUE Rider?

MOAR PLEASE
Ah, must have been some time before I arrived here.
Feel more than free to do something with this, it was a random crack-induced short that I came up with .

Quote:
A cute, little, bouncy penguin-like demon with the personality of a Haro from the Netherworld of Disgaea.

Genki. Amuro genki. Amuro.

Quote:

"Every body now. On 2. 1, 2..."

"H0LY 5HYT"

Looks like its time to organize another round of hop-skotch. I'd say Tsuzuki'd do something similar to whatever I had planned for the MageWarrior series and screw it up like StrikerS.

BUT let's see if der Kleriker continues to prove why "I Am Legend" in surviving the next onslaught.

Otherwise, that MTV of Jay Chou's "Wo Bu Pei" is gonna come in handy for "The Breakup of Tessalgar Square"...

I swear if this thing is real it had BETTER have Vivio...
And more HAYATE!!!!!

Quote:

What needs to be done? I'd love to get Shamsel involved in this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
...and this just came in.

Spoiler for crack:

Wha...what is this?
Old 2008-01-22, 12:56   Link #18776
Melodius Trueheart
Der Erbe zu Altem Belka

Quote:

Yes the Cradle was Al Hazardian in origin, but you will note that even the Ancient Belka concidered it a Lost Logia, meaning that the Cradle predated even Ancient Belka. Plus, when Jail constantly refers to Al Hazarhed in correlation with Project F or himself, he does not in the least refer to Ancient Belka.
Jail *definitely* refers to the Cradle as coming from Ancient Belka though; when he raises the Cradle in ep19 he uses this line "the demonic wisdom of Ancient Belka" to refer to it.

Also, when Nanoha and Hayate are escaping from the Cradle, the security system of the Cradle is speaking German, and afaik there is no non-Belkan technology that does so.

What this seems to suggest that Al Hazared *was* Belkan, but there was another Belkan society that came after it.

Hah, actual dialogue now. I probably won't start posting all the profiles till the story gets moving, though I'm wondering if I should start with the Ramiro Incident referred to in the text.

Spoiler for Sib:

Last edited by Melodius Trueheart; 2008-01-22 at 13:43.
Old 2008-01-22, 13:40   Link #18777
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Jail *definitely* refers to the Cradle as coming from Ancient Belka though; when he raises the Cradle in ep19 he uses this line "the demonic wisdom of Ancient Belka" to refer to it.

Also, when Nanoha and Hayate are escaping from the Cradle, the security system of the Cradle is speaking German, and afaik there is no non-Belkan technology that does so.

What this seems to suggest that Al Hazared *was* Belkan, but there was another Belkan society that came after it.
Quoting Yuuno: "It's an ancient weapon, even in the warrior age of Ancient Belka it was treated as a Lost Logia. Some say its a relic from the lost world of Al Hazarhed."

In other words, the Cradle predates Ancient Belka, as even they concidered it a Lost Logia. The Belkan themselves found it, repaired and modified it (hence why it is speaking German). This line also clearly shows that Belka and Al Hazarhed are different. Ancient Belka is reffered to as a kingdom, or empire. Al Hazarhed as a single world. Also note that Lindy says that Al Hazarhed is 'a word their famlly would rather not remember' even though Belka exist and is often reffered to by themselves, again pointing to the direction of the difference bewteen the two.
Old 2008-01-22, 14:24   Link #18778
Melodius Trueheart
Der Erbe zu Altem Belka

Quote:
Quoting Yuuno: "It's an ancient weapon, even in the warrior age of Ancient Belka it was treated as a Lost Logia. Some say its a relic from the lost world of Al Hazarhed."

In other words, the Cradle predates Ancient Belka, as even they concidered it a Lost Logia. The Belkan themselves found it, repaired and modified it (hence why it is speaking German). This line also clearly shows that Belka and Al Hazarhed are different. Ancient Belka is reffered to as a kingdom, or empire. Al Hazarhed as a single world. Also note that Lindy says that Al Hazarhed is 'a word their famlly would rather not remember' even though Belka exist and is often reffered to by themselves, again pointing to the direction of the difference bewteen the two.
Okay, that makes sense. That line by Jail might have been a bad sub or something like that. The fact that the Ancient Belkans were even able to modify it to that extent is pretty impressive then.

Two questions; how did the Belkan Empire fall? Did it fall in a violent cataclysm "rome is on fiyaaaaaaaahhhhhhh nononono" type thing? Or did it just fade away?

Would I be correct in assuming that Al Hazared has its own type of magic, neither Midchildan or Belkan?

As for my story path, it's seems that the Ancient Belkans were at least somewhat acquainted with Al Hazaredan technology, so I could turn it into "not only are we the descendants of Ancient Belka, but we aspire even to the Al Hazared that is apparently the origin of all magic (as suggested by Yuuno and Lindy in MGLN)." The point is that SIB are the descendants of a fallen civilization that rather than sitting back and going into peace, they elected to try to rebuild their fallen edifices.
Old 2008-01-22, 14:45   Link #18779
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Okay, that makes sense. That line by Jail might have been a bad sub or something like that. The fact that the Ancient Belkans were even able to modify it to that extent is pretty impressive then.
Sure is. And I think Jail was right, in a way, because as soon as the Belkan claimed the Cradle, it became their Dues Ex Machina, so describing it as their 'demonic wisdom' is not. They may not have created it, but they sure were using it.

Quote:
Two questions; how did the Belkan Empire fall? Did it fall in a violent cataclysm "rome is on fiyaaaaaaaahhhhhhh nononono" type thing? Or did it just fade away?
Unknown, but I'm currently working on a fic about that (and making slow progress ) it's going to be a combination of the two.

Quote:
Would I be correct in assuming that Al Hazared has its own type of magic, neither Midchildan or Belkan?
Considering their age was far before the TSAB or Belka, I'd say that it's a safe bet. We don't know for sure, but it would surprise me if they didn't.

Quote:
As for my story path, it's seems that the Ancient Belkans were at least somewhat acquainted with Al Hazaredan technology, so I could turn it into "not only are we the descendants of Ancient Belka, but we aspire even to the Al Hazared that is apparently the origin of all magic (as suggested by Yuuno and Lindy in MGLN)." The point is that SIB are the descendants of a fallen civilization that rather than sitting back and going into peace, they elected to try to rebuild their fallen edifices.
That oughta work just fine, me thinks.
Old 2008-01-22, 14:50   Link #18780
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:

Someone correct me if i'm talking complete rubbish, but i remember seeing (either in the manga or the anime) that ancient belka was destroyed in some war where they used conventional weapons to their utmost potential (i remember seeing missiles launching from silos), which resulted in the destruction of ancient belka, and the ban on conventional weapons so that their fall wouldn't be repeated.

as for the relation on belka and al hazred, i'd say that al hazred does share some similarities to both midchildan and belkan magic, but is still a magic type of it's own...
...as for the belkans being acquainted with al hazred, it's not impossible, considering the amount of modifications they did on the cradle. They could have inherited a whole lot of al hazredian knowledge, or they could have found some knowledge base and merely proclaimed that they were descendants of al hazred, wether true or not is secondary, as long as the people in your fic believe it to be true
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
Closed Thread