AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-09, 08:57   Link #1
xKeen

Kaidan Restaurant

The Japanese broadcasting station TV Asahi has confirmed that it will premiere a horror anthology anime series called Kaidan Restaurant (Thriller Restaurant,怪談レストラン)in October.

Each episode will consist of three stories or "dishes": the appetizer, the main dish, and dessert. The first two "dishes" will deal with an ordinary sixth-grade schoolgirl named Ako Ōzora and the bizarre occurrences that befall her and her classmates. The third "dish" will be a standalone short ghost story told by Ako and her friends.

Credit and source : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=11024

First time starting a thread,sorry if this was made before,did a search but nothing came up,so I decided to start a thread on it.Moderators are free to delete this thread if it was made before.

First episode released by GG fansubs,many thanks to the group.Meant for kids(?),but I liked it.

Credits to Pellissier~

Last edited by xKeen; 2009-11-10 at 04:17.
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 08:16   Link #2
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Watched this show couldn't resist the name Kaidan Restaurant (Thriller Restaurant) and actually enjoyed it a lot . Almost feels like Kitaro for a younger audience . Watched up till episode 2 and loving the overabundance of yokai/yurei alike . Abig thank you to GG Subs and I hope they keep bringing us this wonderful show . Cant wait to see episode 3 ^.^
Old 2009-11-11, 18:37   Link #3
Dop
Mmmm....

Watched episode one out of curiosity. Looks quite fun, always did like ghost stories!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 22:25   Link #4
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah only heard of it once the torrent appeared . When read the summary, it caught my interest then checked up art for C.Designs and Dled it . When I watched it I was sold on this series .

Its quite a niche show hope its popularity grows ^^

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2009-11-11 at 22:38.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 01:48   Link #5
xKeen

I would like it better if they stick to ghosts xD I liked the first ep,not that much on the second...

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 13:09   Link #6
TCman

Last night watched all the latest 3 episodes of the series. They are quite enjoyable. I find the first episode to be a bit weak and uninspired, but despite that the episode is very nice to watch, especially the "dessert" (short story) about the mirror.

In my opinion the second and third episodes are better in terms of pacing and storytelling; again the "desserts" are really nice and relatively creepy for a kid show.

Looking forward to see more!

Last edited by TCman; 2009-11-14 at 17:22. Reason: minor spelling/grammar correction
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 13:33   Link #7
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I just watched the first episode of this. It's not bad.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 20:18   Link #8
TCman

Just watched the 4th episode. It was quite nice. the story about the shrine was okay; a simple and yet a nice plot; sometimes you just can't make fun of something holy e.g. a shrine, since you don't know what will happen to you if you do make fun of it.

The second story about the well is also quite good, but there's no "real" conclusion to the short story; maybe it's better so, it stays this way more mysterious and creepy.

The "dessert" about the white muffler as an instrument for a perfect crime is really nice touch to end the episode.

Looking forward to the episode next week; the preview is quite promising.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 03:05   Link #9
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Man I love this show because it follows not the anime conventions of storytelling, but actual ghost stories and how they are told.

Like in ghost stories in general, stories ends abruptly and without too big a reveal about the consequences of all the strange happenings. Only a few stories out of them all had any sense of true closure. Like how ghost stories are actually told.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 19:59   Link #10
Troilism

hm haven't watched it yet but I like the designs and stuff I saw. Will definitively have to take a look into this soon.
Troilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 16:34   Link #11
evil_twin

Just got the eps 13 from Huzzah (doesn't look like gg is going to do this anymore, or anything else for that matter) and I must say the encode is rather exquisite - super sharp and smooth, as well as awesome playback, while maintaining a small file size ... Even though the font is ridiculously big, but that doesn't really matter since it's a softsub, anyway. I haven't been this impressed in a long time. Looks like someone really knows how to encode

I would have posted this at their web site but they don't seem to have one
evil_twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 10:14   Link #12
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Reached up till episode 14 haven't watched 15 yet but I must say one of the most underrated shows this year . Given it aimed at an general to younger audience but doesn't make it any less scary . This show reminded me of Gakko no Kaidan with resp to the characters and the settings . I would put it up there with such horror anime as Hundred Stories .
Old 2010-05-18, 17:08   Link #13
Dop
Mmmm....

Huzzah just did a few more episodes, 16 and 17. Huzzah for Huzzah!!!

I agree with Zu Ra, it's totally underrated and judging by the number of posts in this thread most people have passed it by. It might not be the best of shows out there and it can be a bit predictable, but that doesn't stop it being quite entertaining.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 11:21   Link #14
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Huzzah just did a few more episodes, 16 and 17. Huzzah for Huzzah!!!

I agree with Zu Ra, it's totally underrated and judging by the number of posts in this thread most people have passed it by. It might not be the best of shows out there and it can be a bit predictable, but that doesn't stop it being quite entertaining.
Agree.
Indeed a beautiful anime, which glues me to the screen everytime.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 18:00   Link #15
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

The 19th episode was epic, expecially the first story.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 04:10   Link #16
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

This one is really good. It's an anime you'll probably see dubbed and aired on Nick or Cartoon Network.

It's got a Scooby Doo vibe to it. The main character is a pink haired Velma. Pack of kids and stories of the occult in their town. Bwahaha! Scary!

How did this go under the radar? Seems like the "occult" is becoming a popular theme lately.

Occult Academy just premiered. For those looking for some R rated horror, we get High School of the Dead.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 10:04   Link #17
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Just finished Kaidan Restaurant and loved it . Esp liked the fact that towards the end it was 2 story arc as opposed to 3 . Cant wait for the LvA Movie, due to costumes and make up looks a bit odd . But looking forward to this one .

Quote:

Tags
horror, supernatural, thriller