AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 19 27.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 38.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 20.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-11, 08:35   Link #41
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
I thought Anri was the slasher...hmm...
There are two slashers, one with long hair and another with short hair. As seen in an earlier episode.
Old 2010-04-11, 09:31   Link #42
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol anyone notice the Sora no Woto reference?

And i love how they completely subverted The Worf Effect. Never seen that before.

So...was that random troll, Izaya? Because i saw "I love humans!" there.
I figured he was also the one that also warned Mikado about the Yellow Scarves and Selton was obviously Celty.
Old 2010-04-11, 09:46   Link #43
Unellmay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Lol anyone notice the Sora no Woto reference?

You mean the posters?

They've always been there
Old 2010-04-11, 10:14   Link #44
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

definately this episode is EPIC..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post

Oh and the "She's Here!" Absolutely hilarious.
I think the person will always appear there everytime the slasher acts...
for that speculation.. =.=a dawww how can she post and chat at the same time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Episode got a 9 since it cracked me up with Shingen AHAHA. Totally did not expect Shinra's dad to be errr... Shingen. Or childish. 8D;;
huee the mask scared me from the OP, a mad scientist.. that is not sooo... =.=a
but kinda relieve that Celty is with those kind people :>

For the Opening :
definately love it, I rewind it more and more..
and.. I thought Orihara sisters will be there OTL ..

for the Ending :
the shadow connection horizontal version.. it's kinda flatten for me..
Old 2010-04-11, 12:57   Link #45
KuroTsuki14

Spoiler for epi 13:

Last edited by KuroTsuki14; 2010-04-11 at 13:13.
Old 2010-04-11, 13:51   Link #46
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Finally got to watching 13, here's my impressions...
Spoiler for 13:
Old 2010-04-11, 16:06   Link #47
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The preview for the next episode is pretty amusing:
Spoiler for preview:
Old 2010-04-11, 17:11   Link #48
golthin

Quote:
Spoiler for preview:
He bring it on himself, it is about time he uses a different approach on Celty or I doubt he will get any further that where they are right now. The only thing that he could do for her that will take any defenses that she still have is the one thing he will never do for fear of her disappearing.
He needs to work toward taking her on a date and stop his sexual harrasment which only make her be more on her guard.
Old 2010-04-11, 18:10   Link #49
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Human sushi ! Umai yo~
Poor Simon.

Quote:
Kida finds Anri sexy (who doesn't?) but I don't think he's serious at all about her. He's trying his best to get Anri and Mikado together, like the true bro he is.
Yeah that's were my feelings lending towards too.

Quote:
I only noticed the slasher behind Shizuo when watching the sub, I'm not exactly sure what to make of it... I didn't really hear voices at the end, other than the three stooges and that creepy (but awesome) music. Also, looking at the ending scene closely, it looks like the attacker is using a kitchen knife and not a sword, so it's not THE slasher attacking those girls. That's why I still think the slasher is Anri (cf. the discussion in the general thread a long time ago). The fact Anri talked about herself in third person is definitely weird, split personality maybe?
It's second time she's been stalking him, maybe the Slasher is a militant Shizuo fangirl? As for the voices, I guess it must been the creepy music (OST needs to come out now!). I also agree that Anri could still potentially be one of Slashers since we know there are two, and the spit personality is pretty possible. My guess is that Haruna is one attacking the girls since Anri at the end looked too frighted to do anything.

Quote:
And I was surprised at how much Simon knows... I interpreted his short conversation with Izaya to be about Celty's head.
Don't think Simon knows about the head, but he points out that Izaya hanging around "Bukuro" way too often which means trouble is brewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Wow, didn't hear the slasher voices in the end or see the slasher behind Shizuo at all (but I did see a crapload of refernces in the new OP and the Sora no Woto one, plus the NSM window on Mikado's computer gave me a laugh). And I started laughing when Sakai came onto the board at the end and everyone is going "Oh jeeze, AGAIN?!?" It seems like Kanra/Izaya doesn't know who Sakai is either which is interesting, though that Izaya knew everything.
Not crazy about the new ED, suspect it'll grow on me, but the new OP was better when with the animation and I like it a ton now. Nice how they used match-cuts in there again as well, even after seeing the first DRRR OP and the Baccano OP use that style it doesn't feel over used at all.
Wasn't the Spammer called Saika?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
I think it is told this way probably because she seems to have a distinct differentiation between outside herself / body, (and the world) and her very being / person / soul.

We've seen her "phase" out of the world inside herself for refuge during when she was at the bench being teased by the boys, and at the end being bullied (The end scene is a good depiction of the victims of bullying). I totally relate to this as when i'm getting flakked by a boss or people alot of the times I try to "blank" out and ignore it all. I'm sure you (yes you whose reading my post ) do this when your getting yelled at sometimes too.

However the "deep extent" she blocks the outside world suggests heavy emotional scarring beyond what school bullying would inflict on someone. Maybe family issues as well perhaps, or an incident in the past?
There's certain some trauma going on with her. It's bad enough to the point where feels she has no individuality. Really looking forward to see what put her in this state and learning more about her.

Quote:
Spoiler for preview:
Pretty much, but then he's always been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
He bring it on himself, it is about time he uses a different approach on Celty or I doubt he will get any further that where they are right now. The only thing that he could do for her that will take any defenses that she still have is the one thing he will never do for fear of her disappearing.
He needs to work toward taking her on a date and stop his sexual harrasment which only make her be more on her guard.
Eh, Shinra wasn't harassing her. It was just a joke to get her come down or, at least that's how I saw it, seems to be routine with them. They are married now too, so i would think they have gone a date at one point.

Speaking of Shinra, he looked like he wasn't too fond of seeing his dad again.
Old 2010-04-11, 18:23   Link #50
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Wasn't the Spammer called Saika?
That was probably it, I have enough trouble spelling in English so I usually get Japanese names wrong for half the series or so.
Old 2010-04-11, 19:35   Link #51
golthin

Quote:
They are married now too, so i would think they have gone a date at one point.
when did this happen? Is this you assuming this after they both
acknowledged their feelings in episode 12.
Old 2010-04-11, 20:48   Link #52
Iron Maw
Banned

Yes, plus in ep11 we find out prior to the Dollars meeting Shinra had proposed to her.
Old 2010-04-11, 22:55   Link #53
golthin

Quote:
Yes, plus in ep11 we find out prior to the Dollars meeting Shinra had proposed to her.
I don't think they are married or have done anything yet. Celty only agreed that she has feelings for him, plus Shinra is still using the same tactics as before to try to get her in bed. He admited that it was a treat and a surprise for her to hug and cling to him in episode 13. We know before episode 11 that he wanted to be something more than friends with Celty.
Old 2010-04-11, 23:33   Link #54
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
I don't think they are married or have done anything yet. Celty only agreed that she has feelings for him, plus Shinra is still using the same tactics as before to try to get her in bed. He admited that it was a treat and a surprise for her to hug and cling to him in episode 13. We know before episode 11 that he wanted to be something more than friends with Celty.
Quote:
Quote:
when did this happen? Is this you assuming this after they both
acknowledged their feelings in episode 12.
[a/ has taught me it's pointless to argue this either way It's best to focus on things besides the characters virginity.
Old 2010-04-11, 23:43   Link #55
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
I don't think they are married or have done anything yet. Celty only agreed that she has feelings for him, plus Shinra is still using the same tactics as before to try to get her in bed.
Actually the punching bit in ep 12 when Shinra knocked her helmet off followed by Celty hitting him in the stomach was supposed to be substitute for a marriage oath. Not sure what "tactics" that Shinra has used before, all I remember him doing was taking the day-off or, inviting her out to eat.

Quote:
He admited that it was a treat and a surprise for her to hug and cling to him in episode 13. We know before episode 11 that he wanted to be something more than friends with Celty.
Yes he was surprised about her about acting so vulnerable and noted that it wasn't like her, that's why Shinra said what he did because he knew she would winddown afterwords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
[a/ has taught me it's pointless to argue this either way It's best to focus on things besides the characters virginity.
That's probably true, I don't they have done anything yet though.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2010-04-12 at 00:39.
Old 2010-04-12, 08:10   Link #56
JokerD

Love the new opening, quite a bit of foreshadowing in there me thinks.

I'll need to check but this slasher seems to be carrying a kitchen knife, wasn't the prev 2 slashers carrying a dagger and a katana or something?
Old 2010-04-12, 09:53   Link #57
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ 1:33 - it's long enough to be a katana, there's a distinct figure below the lights.
Quote:
I also agree that Anri could still potentially be one of Slashers since we know there are two, and the spit personality is pretty possible. My guess is that Haruna is one attacking the girls since Anri at the end looked too frighted to do anything.
I'll go with this. Dunno if anyone else noticed, but most of the characters got their secrets: Kida was in the yellow scarves, Mikado is the $ admin, Seiji would kill for a head and don't get me started on Izaya...so I wouldn't be surprised if Anri got another side to her. No, actually, it would be very surprising if she was just a normal character. Gotta love the mystery in the show
Old 2010-04-12, 11:15   Link #58
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ok this ep :

New OP is great ! Baccano's type is the best ! Well , new ED too .
Celty was cute when she was scared about the cops XD
Shinra's father was hilarious ^^
Anri was shocked at the end .
So some people speculate that she's a "Slasher" too and there are 2 slashers . Hmm yeah , sound right . Maybe , we'll see .

I want to know more about Saki / Kida / Izaya past relationships .

Dunno you but the more i watch Seiji and Mika relations , the more i vomit lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I'll go with this. Dunno if anyone else noticed, but most of the characters got their secrets
Yep like Baccano .
Old 2010-04-12, 14:38   Link #59
Rima-Chan
lurker

I love this show!!!━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!

I am in love with new OP <3 I'm definately gonna listen ROOKIEZ is PUNK'd more often!!

Ep was awesome too Can't wait for next one <3 I liked apsolutely everything about it <3 And that doesn't happen that often when it comes to me.
Old 2010-04-12, 15:48   Link #60
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I was waiting for so long for psycho Anri to show up, when her pupil's changed I was thinking: Woohoo Psycho Anri then the other slasher pops up and steals her kill

Durarara is like Soul Eater, in that there is always something going on so there is never a dull moment and almost all characters get some development.

Was I the only one disappointed when Shinra's father didn't go Badass Medic on those gangsta's asses.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Closed Thread