AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-01, 15:13   Link #41
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sheffield
Age: 32
maybe i didn't quite care enought back than
i join at 2004

the first i join i'm into "watching anime"
after i watch sme amounts of it , i upload wallpaper for 1-3 year
because of my wallpaper collection,i starting to make "graphic"
then i change to drawing at last for now and i am more stay over at fan creation

hidding away
still Daniel E.,if you really know how a victim felt
you should be here to help, at less out of the way...
you pretend all the graphic-artist were a victim ,
but i only know artist are an victim for now(now is the important part,not back then)
chison is offline  
Old 2008-06-01, 15:14   Link #42
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
@ Daniel

Oh, I know I used the word "takeover", but please don't take it as some sort of drama; that wasn't my intention Daniel. But that's gives me some ideas for some 4-panel fun. Lets see, I'm the evil anti-hero who threatens the town of Sigsvile right...

Psst... quickly! send the powder puffs after me xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Yes, lets completely discourage someone from participating on the forums. That's just brilliant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Could a new Fan Art forum be created? Yes, and I would support it if it was. But it won't happen if Fan Artists don't show there's a need for it. Telling them not to bother posting certainly doesn't help with that agenda.
I didn't say he shouldn't participate in the forum, usually posting in the series forums image threads gets you attention but the Fan Creation forum is just a bad choice.

I could make bots and a few fake accounts and set them to post in 20 or so threads, something like avatar gallery threads; a piece of cake to do really. What are you going to tell the signature makers who would be now stuck on page two, post faster? fight the machine? ... like that is going to happen. Or what if say: the General Chat forum allowed Game threads and Hello World threads... what do you think would become of the General Chat forum then.

I see your point there but as far as I'm concern the community needs to get off its arse and give him a nice place to post in before you can expect anyone to work and try harder. It's not for chison to slave over the issue to solve a problem like this. Flooding is just not treated in the Fan Creation forum, unlike others such as General Chat or General Anime.
__________________
felix is offline  
Old 2008-06-01, 15:16   Link #43
Shana
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Personally, I am starting to think that you don't want a sub-forum at all, and that your real aim here is just to get people's attention.
This thread can even be tagged as "flaming", "flood", "spam".

Chison, if you want so much your FanArt subforum, why not ask the mods? They'll give you a straight answer.
__________________
Shana is offline  
Old 2008-06-01, 15:18   Link #44
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Here's my last suggestion to you chison:

Sharpen your english skills and do it pronto! >_<

The way you misread comments and then reply to them. You are seriously asking for a misunderstanding here.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline  
Old 2008-06-01, 15:22   Link #45
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
Chison, if you want so much your FanArt subforum, why not ask the mods? They'll give you a straight answer.
I think this was his way of asking. The trouble is, most of us here believe that there's no good ground for it and we tried to offer chison advice on how to get along happily with the system. I didn't want to say it before because I figured it best to keep this thread constructive, but what chison's posts continually come off as is whining. He's upset that he's not on the first page and that he isn't getting the exposure he wants. I think all of us who have our own art threads know that feeling, and hence we're trying to help him to get around it and enjoy himself. Even though the staff have been silent, if the users don't see a good reason for it then the staff (who are much more skeptical) will almost certainly deny the request as well. It was worth trying either way.

The problem now is that somewhere along the way this turned into an issue over faction warfare between various artist types, which is ridiculous. We're not selling artwork or doing this professionally here at AnimeSuki, nor is AnimeSuki an art-centered community. Take it for what it is, and if it's not your thing then I'm sorry but you're probably better off going somewhere else.
__________________
Ledgem is offline  
Old 2008-06-01, 15:23   Link #46
escimo
Paparazzi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the Mix
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by chison View Post
1[arrived at animesuki]
2[open a personal post of graphic-d ,drawing-p]
3[waiting for interest]
4a[someone interested(within 3day)]
4a.1[reply to the visiter]
4a.2[more work to be show later on]
4a.3[confirm staying to start]

4b.[no body interest]
4ba.[simply left]

4bb.[try once more]
4bb1.[lucky someone reply]
4bb2.unlucky ,leave
6stay
1. Collect underpants
2.
3. Profit!

Sorry for the bs but I just had to...

Edit: Not to let through a post completely lacking content...
I have a suggestion. At the moment there's only avatar/sig tutorial thread in Fan Creations. My suggestion is to create a general arts tutorial thread alongside it. chison for example has a couple of rather good drawing tutorials and I'm working on two photography tutorials. I think it'd bee good to have a dedicated sticky for tutorials for other fan arts and general arts as well.

Last edited by escimo; 2008-06-01 at 15:36.
escimo is offline  
Old 2008-06-01, 15:32   Link #47
Shana
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I think this was his way of asking. The trouble is, most of us here believe that there's no good ground for it and we tried to offer chison advice on how to get along happily with the system. I didn't want to say it before because I figured it best to keep this thread constructive, but what chison's posts continually come off as is whining. He's upset that he's not on the first page and that he isn't getting the exposure he wants. I think all of us who have our own art threads know that feeling, and hence we're trying to help him to get around it and enjoy himself. Even though the staff have been silent, if the users don't see a good reason for it then the staff (who are much more skeptical) will almost certainly deny the request as well. It was worth trying either way.

The problem now is that somewhere along the way this turned into an issue over faction warfare between various artist types, which is ridiculous. We're not selling artwork or doing this professionally here at AnimeSuki, nor is AnimeSuki an art-centered community. Take it for what it is, and if it's not your thing then I'm sorry but you're probably better off going somewhere else.
What I meant was, if he's tired of flaming answering the same and the same to users, why not simply ask the mods? I think this "FanArt subforum suggestion" has been taken over many times and I don't think it will *now* get it own subforum because someone is upset because no one understands him. If he doesn't want to be answering the same, ask the mods, they have the power.
__________________
Shana is offline  
Old 2008-06-01, 15:33   Link #48
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sheffield
Age: 32
:P
how much do i need to care about the animesuki fan creation?
i can be leave completey careless if the worlds goes against me
just when animesuki member don't interested in my work...no reason to help animesuki(because people hate drawing artist more)


while i can be a try to get a place of moderater if the animesuki needs me(not really,kindy busy with college)
stupidly enought i have my own forum and website ,
so i decided not to be a "complete (supportor) of animesuki"do all good for animesuki

but as least someone other than me wound like to help animesuki if you give them a forum,i'm certain someone will try hard to be a modarater if people like them to be there.
chison is offline  
Old 2008-06-01, 15:42   Link #49
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sheffield
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Here's my last suggestion to you chison:

Sharpen your english skills and do it pronto! >_<

The way you misread comments and then reply to them. You are seriously asking for a misunderstanding here.
why don't all the human learn chinese for the best of no misunderstanding

everytime i read i felt differently
is not so bad to be stupid,at least i know that i have somethine to do

like i said in the first and second page,i give up the idea already!!
is because you are here standing up for graphic designer
so i have some extra fun to talk to you

nothing matter anymore(i keep my eyes on the" Group" as my main object to work toward)

i know shouting at you are helpless ,just a game of talking
you surely tr really hard for???
chison is offline  
Old 2008-06-01, 17:13   Link #50
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 32
This question has been brought up in the past and currently we see no reason to offer any answer than the one given before: sorry, but creation of a subforum dedicated to Artists would simply not be practical. For once it wouldn't have the traffic needed to support the idea, and secondly - there is no practical reason to do so. The current Fan Creations subforum is designed to cater to all fans who want to express their creativity one way or another, and while i can sympathize with the fact you are feeling there are not enough of your brethren in there, that alone is no reason for us to consider another subforum.

It also holds true that it is a two way street - if you don't feel like interacting with people (and it doesn't seem you are interested in it, going by what you are expressing here) then don't expect as many replies as you would get otherwise. People are not requested to post in all of the existing threads, and while you might think it "unfair" they would be more interested in their acquaintances first, thats just how human relationships work in general. The world doesn't revolve around anyone, and if someone expects to become a part of the community i think it is natural he expresses the desire to do so. (And by that i mean actually starting to interact with the community and show interest in it).

There are more users with their own threads in the subforum than can be fitted on the first page, so complaining that one's thread gets pushed off the first page isn't going to do much good. I am sorry you feel singled out from the community, but please consider actually making yourself a part of said community first before giving a final decision on such matters. If you still feel abandoned here, then perhaps AnimeSuki is simply not the place for you. We are not trying to be everything for everyone, and primarily we are an anime centric discussion forum. We can't be expected to cater to every separate form of artists out there who don't want to share a common sandbox, because that is not the scope or aim of our forum. Only help i can offer is to urge you to make use of the newly implemented Public Groups as has been already suggested and try to make yourself an active member of the community. The issue doesn't warrant a new subforum in the light of what is the aim of our forum.

I believe everything that needs to be said on the matter has been said already, thus i am closing the thread. Thank you everyone for participating.
__________________
Skyfall is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.