AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-11, 12:59   Link #421
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
Em...Does anyone know which route is tt translation on? I m on Satsuki route and the translation looks more Narukana route...
EternalNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 07:59   Link #422
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Tranlastion link

That link has 7 chapters worth of the translation on a Satsuki route. Beyond that, I relied on tonality and visuals to figure out what happened.

Almost done on my Satsuki playthrough. Damn, she goes from mediocre to scintillating as of 11-1. Her route moves...yike. She gets more vamped up than even Katima did. I've been very positively surprised by the Satsuki route so far. Chapters 11 and 12 provided some epic moments.
Old 2009-01-13, 08:28   Link #423
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Told you Satsuki gets some crazy awesome skills.
Old 2009-01-13, 19:59   Link #424
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Oh I never doubted you. ^^ It's still quite stunning though. As was Chapter 12. The hug, the 'scene', her 'victory/love pose'. I get why people like her now.

On the other hand cranston jumped into Hard mode having only done Nozomi's route. O_O Guess he couldn't be bothered doing Normal twice. Kinda wondering if he can make it though, because Katima and Satsuki are kinda null effective without their route moves. Unless they got something awesome very early in Hard Mode.

Question abotu Satsuki's route defense - so when it's used, whoever is in the Attacker slot gains mana?
Old 2009-01-13, 20:34   Link #425
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I think it affects everyone. I remember it doing that.
Old 2009-01-14, 08:31   Link #426
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, if that's the case, Satsuki really is made to AR. O_O Guess my next playthrough will be Narukana.
Old 2009-01-14, 08:32   Link #427
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

She's one of the best ARs. Just that her lack of a Pe skill makes her use rather limited.
Old 2009-01-14, 20:20   Link #428
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

O finally someone reply >.<.

The website's route really look like Narukana's route? I duno but i got to Satsuki's H-scene and i stop there.

O well, mayb i should continue.
Old 2009-01-15, 00:01   Link #429
Ausdoerrt

^Nighteye's translation is currently on chapter 10. Most of his choices are for Satsuki, until he switches over to Narukana's route (the scene on the roof choice on second playthrough). Doesn't really matter much, since the basic most important scenes do not change much, and the specifics aren't that hard to figure out. Chapter 10 is probably the one that differs most from route to route.
Ausdoerrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 00:07   Link #430
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Oh...he finally got round to updating it again! Haven't checked for a fair while. I hope he eventually does it for all six routes though. I wanna know the exact wordings for the Katima route. ><

I guess he picked Narukana as a translation because it's probably the most story rich one and supposedly the 'true' ending. Maybe he likes Narukana the most out of the six as well. Wouldn't blame him. But I'll always favour Katima myself. ^^ I found it rather fascinating how utterly different the Chapter 10s and 11s were between Katima and Satsuki routes. However, they were both suited to both of their styles/personalities.

Truth be told though, for my third playthrough, I'd like to pick whoever needs the move upgrades the most. Narukana and Naya both seem quite powerful already. cranston told me Nozomi's moves weren't much of an upgrade. So I'm wondering whether I should do the Ruputna route next. My 30 Ruputna has 700M/560F and 1000M Ai as her good attacks, her Defenses are awful (I think her best is 250M/450F....*shiver*) and aside from a Level 2 Vanish, she's lacking a decent Support move. But I seem to recall you guys saying Narukana's route moves were kind of mandatory.
Old 2009-01-15, 00:54   Link #431
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Narukana's route gives her Primordial One as her attack skill and that spell which uses 6 mana but heals her HP with the damage done. Forgot about her route-only defense skill but I'm not even sure if she has one. Primordial One, while very powerful, should have been a Pe skill in order to increase its usefullness.

Ruptna's lack of % damage skills is what effectively kills her in the higher difficulties, same with Satsuki. But unlike Ruptna, she has her Aura Photon Break to offset that so she's not as useless.

Anyways, Ruptna's route-only defense skill is pretty useful, but compared to Satsuki, I'd take Satsuki-senpai anyday. Plus, Ruptna's final attack, Rampage Bull, is rather bleh. Her route-only support is Tidal Wave which is a pretty good attack support spell, but it's Material-heavy in damage which limit its usefulness.
Old 2009-01-15, 20:58   Link #432
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Hmm...So as i expected he switches to Narukana but well i m ok with it, since Narukana is the true ending af all.

Hmm...I think i should continue on and finish up Satsuki's route then .
Old 2009-01-16, 00:06   Link #433
Ausdoerrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Oh...he finally got round to updating it again! Haven't checked for a fair while. I hope he eventually does it for all six routes though. I wanna know the exact wordings for the Katima route. ><

I guess he picked Narukana as a translation because it's probably the most story rich one and supposedly the 'true' ending. Maybe he likes Narukana the most out of the six as well. Wouldn't blame him. But I'll always favour Katima myself. ^^ I found it rather fascinating how utterly different the Chapter 10s and 11s were between Katima and Satsuki routes. However, they were both suited to both of their styles/personalities.

Truth be told though, for my third playthrough, I'd like to pick whoever needs the move upgrades the most. Narukana and Naya both seem quite powerful already. cranston told me Nozomi's moves weren't much of an upgrade. So I'm wondering whether I should do the Ruputna route next. My 30 Ruputna has 700M/560F and 1000M Ai as her good attacks, her Defenses are awful (I think her best is 250M/450F....*shiver*) and aside from a Level 2 Vanish, she's lacking a decent Support move. But I seem to recall you guys saying Narukana's route moves were kind of mandatory.
Ruputna will always be a little behind on the Vanish-skills than Satsuki or Talia, I found Icicle Arrow II to be just good enough for her though. As part of the route, Ruputna gains a 4-mana attack (Blue Rampage, mat/force), a 2-mana M/F defence (Unbreakable Blue, 800/500 in Normal, defender only), and a 4-mana support skill (F800 damage, lower Blue elemental); her skills aren't that great - the attack is quite useless, but the defence and support are quite handy. She still makes a horrible AR for the lack of mana. Also, I picked her route on first playthrough, so her route skills are lvl1 not lvl2 for me, so they are more or less useless in Hard Mode.

BTW do watch some of the "weak" defence skills - they may have special effects like raising mana or blue elemental. I never found much use for those myself, but I guess they could be good if you make her AR.

I can only suggest that you do her route because it's hilarious ^_____^ She is also one of the cutest girls in the game... I like to use her in team with Subaru (mana link!) and Nozomi for defender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Ruptna's lack of % damage skills is what effectively kills her in the higher difficulties, same with Satsuki. But unlike Ruptna, she has her Aura Photon Break to offset that so she's not as useless.

Anyways, Ruptna's route-only defense skill is pretty useful, but compared to Satsuki, I'd take Satsuki-senpai anyday. Plus, Ruptna's final attack, Rampage Bull, is rather bleh. Her route-only support is Tidal Wave which is a pretty good attack support spell, but it's Material-heavy in damage which limit its usefulness.
Agreed on the % damage skills... But then again, Nozomu doesn't have any either... It's just a question of how big the number in the attack skill is =)

Tha Tidal Wave deals Force damage only IIRC >____< Well, at least the first level does.
Old 2009-01-16, 01:32   Link #434
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Sorry, heavy Force damage then for Tidal Wave. My bad.

Also, Nozomu does have a % attack skill. You only get it in Super Hard...but technically it counts. And bigger Material and Force numbers for attacks lose their effectiveness in Super Hard, due to the huge HP values.

Hard alone should show you the importance and power of % damage skills. Sorluska on his own could take down one of the Management Gods using one of his % attack skills without breaking a sweat, in Hard difficulty.

And I'm a big fan of All Rounders. I just put in Nozomu, Satsuki, Narukana, Euphoria, Zetsu and Katima on their own then sit back and watch as they tear up everything on the map. (PS, Final Destination 3 is awesome for getting top ranks).
Old 2009-01-16, 08:56   Link #435
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

When I finally get that new computer next week, it should run a lot better. Then I can hopefully stop worrying about !^$!^&@! crashes from Visual C++ errors and low VRAM. Honestly, any character aside from Katima and Nozomi gives the current comp a world of pain. I think I've had close to 10 crashes once I hit the final floor of 12-1 today.

My favourite team has always been Katima/Nozomi/Naya personally. Also beginning to like Satsuki/Zetsu/Jatzieta.
Old 2009-01-16, 09:02   Link #436
Ausdoerrt

While in Normal Katima was not very strong, in Hard she tears the enemies up as an AR, plus she does it really quickly using Final Velocity =) The Route skills eventually help too.
Old 2009-01-16, 09:23   Link #437
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Katima is my avatar with good reason. Best mix of skills, looks and personality out of anyone in the game IMO.
Old 2009-01-16, 11:34   Link #438
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Narukana's route gives her Primordial One as her attack skill and that spell which uses 6 mana but heals her HP with the damage done. Forgot about her route-only defense skill but I'm not even sure if she has one. Primordial One, while very powerful, should have been a Pe skill in order to increase its usefullness.

Narukana's defence skill is a low cost ( one mana ) balanced defence with counter. I must say one of the best defence skill although you really run it out very easily.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 15:52   Link #439
SquirrelFarm

Quote:
There would've been WAY too much rape if that were the case.
SquirrelFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 17:11   Link #440
Ausdoerrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Katima is my avatar with good reason. Best mix of skills, looks and personality out of anyone in the game IMO.
If she didn't faint every time she saw a whale that could be true ^____^

Well, except that she runs out of her useful skills and HP way too quickly (part of it being the very limited amount of defence skills). I don't really like Using Katima in a team, she does just fine as an AR as long as she can reach a town before dying =))) My fav. as a chara is Ruputna (and boy, the system sounds I got after completing her route = priceless!), but in terms of skills Euphie is probably best =)

Satsuki/Zetsu/Jatzieta is a good team, I normally use Thalia/Zetsu/Naya though (not like it makes that much difference - except the bigger damage with vanish skills). That is an ultimate pwnage team, with Final VelocityII and Flame ShowerII and Icicle ArrowII not much can stop them. Second to that is the Sorluska/Ruputna/Jazeita team (no Final VelocityII for me, at least yet... maybe on the next playthrough).

Quote:
Sorry, heavy Force damage then for Tidal Wave. My bad.

Also, Nozomu does have a % attack skill. You only get it in Super Hard...but technically it counts. And bigger Material and Force numbers for attacks lose their effectiveness in Super Hard, due to the huge HP values.

Hard alone should show you the importance and power of % damage skills. Sorluska on his own could take down one of the Management Gods using one of his % attack skills without breaking a sweat, in Hard difficulty.

And I'm a big fan of All Rounders. I just put in Nozomu, Satsuki, Narukana, Euphoria, Zetsu and Katima on their own then sit back and watch as they tear up everything on the map. (PS, Final Destination 3 is awesome for getting top ranks).
Well, haven't gotten to SuperHard quite yet. I do imagine that the %skills will get only stronger in SH - it's SH after all.

I couldn't use Sorluska or Katima AR for the Management Gods fight on second playthrough because they didn't have good enough Defence skills and died before the 20 rounds were over. The easiest way is Nozomu with [Pr] defence skills.

ARs are cool, but I'm not doing what you are primarily because I want to have all the characters out on the field - so that I can level them up gradually (I'm not a huge fan of power-gaming, so...).

Last edited by Ausdoerrt; 2009-01-16 at 17:23.

Tags
battle action, ero-game, eroge, fantasy, rpg, visual novel