AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-03-05, 01:53   Link #581
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Oh my, someone's gone cannibal. I think he's gonna start going on a campaign to turn humans into ants so he can eat them.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 05:17   Link #582
DSDSSDWE
Blah

This chapter was so disturbing on so many levels.
DSDSSDWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 05:54   Link #583
Wrath88
Kissing...

Anyone thinks they might abandon the place, because all the King will do is feast on his own ants that is being created?
Old 2010-03-05, 09:54   Link #584
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Anyone thinks they might abandon the place, because all the King will do is feast on his own ants that is being created?
My thoughts exactly.
Old 2010-03-05, 09:57   Link #585
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Remember, its not the fact that they are ants, but its the fact that they have such a strong aura that the king is enjoying eating the two of them so much. After he eats the 3 royal guards, he won't have anything else to satisfy his appetite except for himself, thus eating himself to death.
Old 2010-03-05, 17:08   Link #586
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Remember, its not the fact that they are ants, but its the fact that they have such a strong aura that the king is enjoying eating the two of them so much. After he eats the 3 royal guards, he won't have anything else to satisfy his appetite except for himself, thus eating himself to death.
I have thought about that as one of the reasons why they taste so good to him. But Meruem has already eaten humans with strong nen iirc, but they did not taste as good as this. Which led me to think that perhaps ants generally taste better than humans, although some will taste better than others because they have stronger nen. I also think the ants experience something akin to orgasm when they are eaten by Meruem.

On a side note, who else here is missing Hisoka?
Old 2010-03-05, 17:17   Link #587
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Another shockingly strange but extremely satisfactory chapter. Dedicating a single chapter to the strange orgasm those ants are experiencing, I cannot really find the words to explain (and adding to the above comments, yes the moments remind us Hisoka's experiences to some extent).

I am really enthusiastic about the future chapters which will be related to what is currently happening during this last chapter. Ever since its reappearance, HxH is still the only series that have continuously topped the incredible developments of One Piece....And another reason why you can wait for months to have another release.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 19:51   Link #588
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I have thought about that as one of the reasons why they taste so good to him. But Meruem has already eaten humans with strong nen iirc, but they did not taste as good as this. Which led me to think that perhaps ants generally taste better than humans, although some will taste better than others because they have stronger nen. I also think the ants experience something akin to orgasm when they are eaten by Meruem.
I guess what I thought of that 'strong' human nen user was not really strong at all compared to the royal guards. For examples, that 'strong' human couldn't even react to the king's attack. I'm sure the royal guards are much stronger, in that sense.

In short I'm just trying to say race doesn't matter to the king, just your strength, and that the royal guards are far more stronger than any human that the king ate before.
Old 2010-03-06, 07:28   Link #589
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Am I the only one that has a problem with the king surviving a point-blank bomb in the first place?
Powerful okay, but there has to be a limit to what a physical beeing can withstand in this world.
I feel you. Though to be fair, he didn't look too pretty lying there in Yupi's arms.

I suppose the only argument within the series possibilities you can make for his survival is the following: The king possesses a tremendous aura and insane physical capabilities, undoubtly thanks to that insane aura. It´s not unthinkable that a nen-user of his level was able to make a splitsecond decision to use a combination of Ken and Gyo to protect his body. For instance, his limbs were severed but his head and body were 'ok'. Similair to Gon fight against Gensuru.

In this case, picture it as instincitively protecting your head when sombody throws a rock at you, except instead using Gyo. The RG's prowess with nen despite their young age has been very well established in the last 50 chapters or so. The King seems no exception as we've seen.

So farfetched: yeah. Entirely unbelievable in the HxH-universe: no.
Old 2010-03-06, 10:23   Link #590
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
I guess what I thought of that 'strong' human nen user was not really strong at all compared to the royal guards. For examples, that 'strong' human couldn't even react to the king's attack. I'm sure the royal guards are much stronger, in that sense.

In short I'm just trying to say race doesn't matter to the king, just your strength, and that the royal guards are far more stronger than any human that the king ate before.
Strength has a part to play in it of course, but if strength had a part to play in it, then I'm quite certain that Netero's flesh would be superb to Meruem's palat, considering he was almost a match for him on his own. That said, I'm also quite certain none of the royal guards would be a match for Netero. He would surely have been able to resist the nen of the royal guards. But the fact that Meruem wasn't any more interested in eating him than any other human, I tend to think that race does play a part in it. Strength as well, but I don't think it determines everything behind Meruem's tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Am I the only one that has a problem with the king surviving a point-blank bomb in the first place?
Powerful okay, but there has to be a limit to what a physical beeing can withstand in this world.
Meruem was almost dead actually. If it wasn't for the fact that Youpi and Pouf gave themselves to him, he would have died long before they could get him to Pitou. But as Animizzle said, someone with Meruem's nen capabilities may have been able to protect himself to some extent using Ken and Gyo and focus it completely to the front portion of his body except the limbs. Even that didn't save him completely because, as I said, he was minutes, if not seconds away from death. The only thing that really saved him was Youpi's and Pouf's flesh.
Old 2010-03-06, 17:34   Link #591
Xion Valkyrie

It's okay, they can drop a few more of those bombs and finish them all off for good =P
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 14:42   Link #592
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Damn Gon, you are just SO badass . Why can't other shounen protagonists be this way? Anyway, the moment of truth for Gon has finally arrived. Will Gon, with his strengthened resolve, be able to beat Pitou? This is going to be one interesting match. I can't wait to see how far he's gone since he got his training.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 16:37   Link #593
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Wow, thank god we turn back to Gon, cause i don't think i would stand another chapter with the King licking Pufu and Yupi and saying how awesome it is.

But even after all of this, i can't even think of a way for Gon to beat Pitou. Let's see what Togashi got in his head. Hope that it's not another bomb, lol.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 18:49   Link #594
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Wow, thank god we turn back to Gon, cause i don't think i would stand another chapter with the King licking Pufu and Yupi and saying how awesome it is.

But even after all of this, i can't even think of a way for Gon to beat Pitou. Let's see what Togashi got in his head. Hope that it's not another bomb, lol.
While Killua and the rest believe that Gon can't beat Pitou, this is the first time Gon has ever been so resolute to kill someone. He even went as far as threatening Pitou to kill a fellow human. That's not something Gon would normally say. I really think Gon is going to show us a power unlike anything we've ever seen from him throughout the series. But while I think this may be enough to fight head to head with Pitou, it still wouldn't be a match for Meruem. We'll see. Hm.
Old 2010-03-11, 19:01   Link #595
babohtea

What do you guys think about Maryem's brother? (I'm not crazy right? There was a scene with his brother, right?) Do you think his brother is going to be an ally of Gon's?
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 19:33   Link #596
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Meruem was almost dead actually. If it wasn't for the fact that Youpi and Pouf gave themselves to him, he would have died long before they could get him to Pitou. But as Animizzle said, someone with Meruem's nen capabilities may have been able to protect himself to some extent using Ken and Gyo and focus it completely to the front portion of his body except the limbs. Even that didn't save him completely because, as I said, he was minutes, if not seconds away from death. The only thing that really saved him was Youpi's and Pouf's flesh.
The thing is, apart from the focus of Gyo to see Nen, which Meruem arrogantly ignored as he was strong enough to see without requiring the focus, I think his previous pride might have prevented the royal guards from telling him about the use of Ken and Gyo in defensive applications.

Gon is surprisingly scary now. I wonder whether Hisoka might be able to hold back if he meets Gon at that moment.
Old 2010-03-12, 02:16   Link #597
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
The thing is, apart from the focus of Gyo to see Nen, which Meruem arrogantly ignored as he was strong enough to see without requiring the focus, I think his previous pride might have prevented the royal guards from telling him about the use of Ken and Gyo in defensive applications.

Gon is surprisingly scary now. I wonder whether Hisoka might be able to hold back if he meets Gon at that moment.
If that's the case, Meruem will most likely learn to use them defensively from now on, especially after his recent "burnout" with Netero. Meruem isn't gonna take any risks anymore, not now that he can imagine how threatening humans really can be to him. But it doesn't make sense to me that he survived such an explosion without using Ken or Gyo. Even for the King of the Ants, there has to be a limit to how much he can take. Sure, he was on the brink of death, but he ought to have been vaporized completely.

As for Hisoka, if he were to meet Gon now and they fought, it would be an absolute bloodfest. *sits back a moment to revere in the nostalgia of the Greed Island arc*
Old 2010-03-12, 03:42   Link #598
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
As for Hisoka, if he were to meet Gon now and they fought, it would be an absolute bloodfest. *sits back a moment to revere in the nostalgia of the Greed Island arc*
GI arc... the best thing I've ever read. I keep rereading it once in a while. The training, gameplay, and the final two battles against Reiza and Gensuru, all the best.
Old 2010-03-12, 09:21   Link #599
Cinocard

Quote:
I bet he knows how to use it. He's just too smart to not know. He was just caught by a Nuke in surprise, that's all.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 10:56   Link #600
Cipher

Quote:
GI arc... the best thing I've ever read. I keep rereading it once in a while. The training, gameplay, and the final two battles against Reiza and Gensuru, all the best.
I absolutely loved that extra card battle system. Hunter X Hunter I think has the best properly categorized fighting system. It really makes way for possibilities.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overpowered villain