AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-10, 20:04   Link #781
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Pretty much a perfect premiere for Perfect Order.

The bigger Koko’s smile is, the more she’s hiding herself – a fact Renato (who turns out to be a CIA plant, in the episode’s big reveal) alludes to in his meeting with Bookman. If you watch any of S1 again the “Dragon Shooter” arc would be a great choice not just because it’s arguably the best, but also the most revealing about the characters. “Black or White, Koko continues on her grey path”. That sums her up pretty well, and her reaction when Dr. Maggie asked her “Aren’t you a dragon yourself?” is understandable. It’s the worst possible question, the last thing she wants to think about – and it explains, I think, why Jonah is so important to her. The boy is the woman’s tenuous connection to her humanity – the last thing keeping her from turning into a dragon.

Jormungand had a dizzyingly complex story and astute observations on global politics and moral philosophy, but ultimately for me what makes it a great series is that it’s a series about great characters. “Larger than life” is a too often used term, but it really applies to the characters here – they’re all ridiculously charismatic and playing parts in a sometimes absurdly fanciful play, yet they feel very real as people – that’s Takahashi’s magic, and White Fox has translated it to the anime.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 21:05   Link #782
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Hex sounds more...feminine than I expected...
Old 2012-10-10, 22:00   Link #783
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A good start to anther season and some one new is after Koko
Old 2012-10-10, 22:17   Link #784
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I've not read the manga/novel, nor know nothing about future events, but did anyone get the impression that Koko would be Jonah's last enemy?.
Well, yes, if I was writing the plot, Jonah would end up fighting against Koko and all her henchmen, and the girl he traded his life away for to Koko's brother would have been indoctrinated and turned into another child soldier that Jonah would have to kill.

In the end, Jonah would emerge victorious among a sea of bodies, only to find out that Koko really was trying to bring about world peace, and he was responsible for crushing it.

Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 23:40   Link #785
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm pretty sure such scenario have been used before, hence TV Tropes listing of "Nice Job Breaking It, Hero"

Anyway, solid start, and I couldn't stop laughing at how Dr. Miami recruited Karen, and also lampshaded her blue eyes at the same time

And fuck yes, it's been to long without the weekly dose of KOKO LOCO OH NO. XD

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 01:50   Link #786
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Love the new OP.
Old 2012-10-11, 08:50   Link #787
Ridwan

The ED sure got me.

Old 2012-10-11, 09:53   Link #788
klare

so now we know CIA just shoot their prisoners in the head...

it is a miracle that nothing happen when Karen and Valmet meet
Old 2012-10-11, 19:32   Link #789
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Love the new OP.
Me 2. It was great.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 20:42   Link #790
jwai

I only realised after watching this episode, and then referring to the equivalent manga chapter, what Bookman really meant when he asked R as they were leaving how many rockets Koko has launched. It made for much naughty amusement.

Was surprised about Hex sounding as girly as she does.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 21:16   Link #791
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.2 perfect order
well at least more hmm going give show bit of R's history from days Bersaglieri to working with cia's bookman.

while hex oh my yea really dangerous, crazy, etc mix all together give hunting koko & her crew.

now with cia on the watch give R is bit on a hmm with call that black said give johan to hex?

next ep it's so on.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 22:19   Link #792
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Spoiler:

Buff chicks are in and cutesy are out!
Old 2012-10-16, 22:34   Link #793
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

We get a lot of development here and things may start to get intense. Also, new Koko is loco for the preview.
Old 2012-10-16, 23:17   Link #794
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

So, Koko is carrying her demons well.

Looks like this season will be more focused, and less episodic.

As for whether Koko knows about R, or if that interplay in this episode was just coincidence...the cliche answer would be she does. Let's see if Jormungand surprises me.

Not that Jormungand is a thriller. The only real question, from my perspective, is what Koko's big plan is. It's probably a safe bet that R ends up saving Koko (or Jonah), and going against his CIA handler. With the amount of buildup they are doing for the Hex vs Koko confrontation, it's probably a safe bet that people will die. Add 1 + 1...well, as long as Koko and Lehm survive, I'm happy.

Though, Lehm is pretty much a prime candidate for death, in my eyes, whether it's this arc, or later in the story. The older, super soldier who seems to excel at everything, while surrounded by a bunch of younger soldiers who aren't nearly as well rounded, is just this huge death flag imo. If I am calculating this right, the anime can't possibly cover all the source material, so my only hope is that if Lehm does die, it's at a point that the anime never reaches.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 07:14   Link #795
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

They can and will cover all the source material. They've covered approximately 38/66 chapters in 14/24 episodes. If you do the math it could hardly work out better.
Old 2012-10-17, 07:45   Link #796
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

This season seems to be focused more on character development. Will we finally get to see the real Koko?
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 07:54   Link #797
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
This season seems to be focused more on character development. Will we finally get to see the real Koko?
I loved the first season of Jormungand, but there were times when it felt a bit disjointed. It’s not accidental – the manga is that way too, and in a series that makes very little effort to give the audience a firm footing there’s naturally going to be a lot more stuff that doesn’t quite click in the first half than the second. The first half of Jormungand is largely about the thrill ride – embracing the insanity and watching the larger-than-life cast go through their paces. The second half, by contrast, is free to take the storytelling to another level.
Old 2012-10-17, 08:01   Link #798
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Ahh, it's nice to see this anime again. Loved the first season and the first two episodes of season two is making it obvious that big things are approaching for Koko and her crew. It's going to be really interesting to see how Hex breaks Koko since it looks like she'll be targeting the people that work for her and that she cares about.

The only unfortunate thing about this whole thing is that something was spoiled for me a little while back so I know what to expect in a future episode.
Old 2012-10-17, 10:19   Link #799
Bern-san

I'm also enjoying the second season. This one looks way more interesting.
Can't wait for more Loco Koko
Old 2012-10-17, 10:49   Link #800
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Jazz BGM is nice touch

Everytime you look at Black I swear you can feel your coronaries stiffening...how is he not dead of a heart attack yet...It's not his hands that's dangerous....it's his mouth...

Tags
action, gunfights, seinen