AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-10, 04:53   Link #21
Dop
Mmmm....

My thought was that the others would or indeed should talk to Wakaba's parents and convince them to lift the curfew. Just because she got lost when she was a little girl doesn't mean she should have that curfew now, and she's got three good friends who'll look out for her.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 15:39   Link #22
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
So you figure Wakaba's friends will try to do something about Wakaba's curfew? Because it seems most likely, given how matsuri are best enjoyed during the evenings.
To me, the whole curfew thing is somewhat of an "ugh" moment, given how:

1. While I understand the original reason for it (Wakaba getting lost when she was in kindergarten), ten years has passed since the incident that caused it (not to mention it doesn't get darker until later in the summer).

2. The whole situation has "forced conflict" written all over it.
Old 2015-08-10, 23:34   Link #23
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post

1. While I understand the original reason for it (Wakaba getting lost when she was in kindergarten), ten years has passed since the incident that caused it (not to mention it doesn't get darker until later in the summer).

A lot of parents do this until they're 100% confident there won't be any incidents, especially when it involves girls.

Which is why after a certain time, most Police will start to question students when they see them wondering around the streets.
(and at times will report it to their school, who than report it to their parents)

This is in Japan, where school actually do things, unlike the US where school doesn't care what happens to their students, LOL. (US don't care about what happens to students after school, Japan do)

PS: I wonder what'll happen if you get Wakaba as a GF... LOL
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 01:02   Link #24
ices
Working Hard

Quote:

My parents also gives strict curfew to my sister because of an accident that happened to her when she was in elementary school. And it's still in effect till now. Hence I didn't see that situation as forced at all. Or maybe because I live in eastern country and this thing is the norm for us. Either way, there's a different culture here.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 16:41   Link #25
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
A lot of parents do this until they're 100% confident there won't be any incidents, especially when it involves girls.

Which is why after a certain time, most Police will start to question students when they see them wondering around the streets.
(and at times will report it to their school, who than report it to their parents)

This is in Japan, where school actually do things, unlike the US where school doesn't care what happens to their students, LOL. (US don't care about what happens to students after school, Japan do)
It's fine and understandable if it's during the school year. However, this episode is taking place during the summer break, and that's the part that really bothers me.
Old 2015-08-11, 16:47   Link #26
ices
Working Hard

Quote:
It's fine and understandable if it's during the school year. However, this episode is taking place during the summer break, and that's the part that really bothers me.
Eh, What's the problem then? Did it pose more danger when it's a holiday?
Old 2015-08-11, 19:04   Link #27
Albel VII

Quote:

Don't forget that it's Wakaba-chan we're talking about here. When this poor girl encounters something she can't fully comprehend, her brain shuts down from the difficulty and she actually falls asleep and freezes in the exact position she was. I'm not really surprised that her mother is strict when it comes to curfew.
Albel VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 15:51   Link #28
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Eh, What's the problem then? Did it pose more danger when it's a holiday?
What I meant to say is that given how she doesn't have school, you'd expect Wakaba would be allowed to be out (on her own) a little bit later than 6:00PM during the summer break (about 7:00 on regular nights, due to the sun setting earlier in Japan, and a little bit later she's doing something special with friends).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albel VII View Post
Don't forget that it's Wakaba-chan we're talking about here. When this poor girl encounters something she can't fully comprehend, her brain shuts down from the difficulty and she actually falls asleep and freezes in the exact position she was. I'm not really surprised that her mother is strict when it comes to curfew.
What are the odds are her mother would actually be fine with her staying about a little bit later, and that this curfew is really the result of Wakaba still having it planted subconsciously in her head (she's been following it for at least ten years) and not really bothering to ask her mother about it? After all, this is someone who's been secluded her whole life and is only now learning about the outside world.
Old 2015-08-13, 06:35   Link #29
Albel VII

Quote:
What are the odds are her mother would actually be fine with her staying about a little bit later, and that this curfew is really the result of Wakaba still having it planted subconsciously in her head (she's been following it for at least ten years) and not really bothering to ask her mother about it? After all, this is someone who's been secluded her whole life and is only now learning about the outside world.
You have a point there. Knowing Wakaba-chan, that also wouldn't surprise me at all. It seems I've misunderstood your first post a little, sorry about that.

Last edited by Albel VII; 2015-08-13 at 12:22. Reason: Fixing typos
Albel VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 06:49   Link #30
jdennis007

I want to see how they resolve this bit of drama.
Old 2015-08-15, 07:01   Link #31
ices
Working Hard

Who said there will be a drama?

As always, this short always gives you what it promised. And as expected, Wakaba is the cutest among them when she wears the kimono.
Old 2015-08-17, 12:00   Link #32
chaos_animagic

If there's Drama, it'll be cute Drama, LOL.
Old 2015-08-28, 12:07   Link #33
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I think they changed the intro a little this week it sounded quite a bit different from usual. Lost child >.<

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 22:26   Link #34
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yep, they used the second stanza in the OP, and now instead of just Wakaba singing, it's everyone else singing with her.
Old 2015-08-30, 07:47   Link #35
bastek66

Nyantype poster
Old 2015-09-10, 11:59   Link #36
chaos_animagic

ep 9, as expected, Wakaba wins and become everyone's "onee-sama" type.

ep 10, Wakaba's great at doing physicals, but bad at studying, the usual opposite of rich girl types even tho Wakaba is a rich girl, lol (just look at her spin, lol)

And her curfew (6pm) rule is still there. And lol, the door has a timer that auto closes at 6...
Than the over-the-top security activates... that's too overkill there.
Old 2015-09-12, 17:55   Link #37
zeross87

kotatsu are too much evil
zeross87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 17:59   Link #38
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
LOL I thought it was inevitable that they'd do a kotatsu joke, but Wakaba's family sure takes things to extremes, noh?
Old 2015-09-18, 16:43   Link #39
zeross87

god plz no useless drama in my fluffyness
monogatari already disapointed by not beeing able to resist the last episode drama urge, i hope wakaba wont do that
zeross87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 17:21   Link #40
chaos_animagic

them kotatsu... machine to create lazy people, so true, it's scary

AWWW Wakaba's past wasn't as cute and light as I had thought.

It's a miracle she grew to a cute ojou-sama type girl despite not having actual friends until now.

And yes, the SHOCK turn her into a DOLL. LOL

Tags
manga time kirara