AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-06, 04:11   Link #1
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Shuffle... to be licensed!

http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=11887

They claim to be there (it's also mentioned in the ANN article here) so I'd imagine this could be true but still... wow. I never thought it would see the light of day.

Opinions? Violent outrage against the potential for a dub? Joy you can buy the series for a price other than the insane R2 one?
Old 2006-08-06, 04:29   Link #2
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
I don't think I'd bother with the dubbed version since I hardly ever watch dubs. I'm just glad it might be licensed.
Old 2006-08-06, 04:43   Link #3
LytHka
Banned

You know, you can fully ignore the english dub track and enjoy the japanese dub.
Old 2006-08-06, 07:08   Link #4
~Daisuki~
☆☆☆&#97

just the name of the site gives u the idea of what kind of audience its going to be dubbed for.. anyway i dont have to watch it so its all good. i realy want to moan and shout but i suppose its money for navel to make more games etc so carnt realy complain, even if they insist on making lame dubs lol.
Old 2006-08-06, 10:30   Link #5
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Hrm. Although Toon Zone claims that Shuffle! is licensed and that the distributor has yet to be named, ANN only mentions it as one of the properties that Kadokawa Shoten has produced recently, and specifically omits it from the list of other properties (such as Karin & Haruhi) that are named as being headhunted by US licensors. But then, it is mentioned as specifically licensed on the AoD forums in their Kadokawa Shoten thread... though no distributor is named yet, and from the looks of things it won't be announced at Otakon, as I believe that all the panels are now over, yes?

Hrm. I'd be betting on it being either Geneon or ADV. Preferably Geneon for me, but either would make a nice addition to the DVD collection. It will be good to see Shuffle! in full DVD quality when it comes out (assuming reports are correct and all). Maybe they'll even reanimate the last half of episode 24, perhaps even touch up eps 22 to 24... nah, probably not :S

All in all though, good news if true. I'm all for shows I enjoy being licensed, I like collecting things and I'm fond of quality I can understand fully, as opposed to partial understanding in R2 - which are too expensive to collect if I'm unable to follow the show sufficiently. Bring on the Shuffle! disks, make it six or less, monthly releases, and let's get this out the door starting in January/February. Well. Perhaps not. But still, let the Shuffle! roll. ^_^

-Andiyar
Old 2006-08-06, 10:30   Link #6
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
Do R2 DVD have sub with original jap voices ?
Im wondering cause I've never see an original anime dvd here ( all the dvd at my place are bootlegs eventhough they got ORIGINAL certificate from the government -> 26 ep cram in 3 disc pic quality bad, overscan... ugh.. )

Old 2006-08-06, 10:33   Link #7
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

@ RedFrame

No, the R2 disks don't have subtitles of any description, let alone English ones. Almost no Japanese anime disks have subs at all, I've seen a couple that have Japanese subs, and the Ghibli ones are often replete with international sub tracks... but that's about it. Hence the great many of us who are forced to wait for R1.

-Andiyar
Old 2006-08-06, 11:35   Link #8
Rin-Sama
Banned

Lord forbid that it's Funimation.

And let's hope who ever gets it does the same thing that happend with Psycic Acadamy and just sub it with no dubbing. .......fat chance huh
Old 2006-08-06, 15:02   Link #9
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Daisuki~
just the name of the site gives u the idea of what kind of audience its going to be dubbed for..
No it doesn't, it's just the name the site happens to have

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
You know, you can fully ignore the english dub track and enjoy the japanese dub.
Truth. I don't get why people seem to think if a release doesn't have a dub it's suddenly superior - it'll just be bought by less people. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar
though no distributor is named yet, and from the looks of things it won't be announced at Otakon, as I believe that all the panels are now over, yes?
Yup, but likewise there's a bunch of other shows in the same position so we'll see before next year I suppose.

And RedFrame, go import R1s Quality-wise Japanese R2s are the best, then R1s, then... just about everything else. All the UK R2s over here are pretty poor in comparison (and overpriced, and late) so I just don't buy them
Old 2006-08-06, 15:38   Link #10
SkyDragon
Addicted To Anime

It wouldn't matter to me if it get licensed. The anime is good and sweet but just not good enough for me to buy it on DVD.
Old 2006-08-06, 19:54   Link #11
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

For some reason.. i just really don't want this to happen at all - keeping Shuffle where it is makes me nice and happy.

It'll sell for sure.
Old 2006-08-06, 21:12   Link #12
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Unlikely to go into my "buy" queue and not necessarily because of my opinion of the writing but more because the animation of the last ep was such an atrocity. If we hear they've replaced/repaired that I might be more inclined (though I'll probably wait for a "perfect collection" sale).

edit @relentlessflame: aye... that is what is inclining me to buy it despite my fairly loud opinion about the climactic arcs. We need more variety in what gets picked up for R1. However, I really do hope they've tinkered with that last 15 minutes of the last episode.... it really did suck animation wise.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-08-07 at 00:26.
Old 2006-08-06, 22:35   Link #13
relentlessflame

*Administrator

As for me, it probably goes without saying that I think it's great that they're bringing more anime based on visual novels over, as it's an under-represented genre in R1. Despite my feelings about the way some of the episodes were handled, I'll definitely buy it (again).
Old 2006-08-07, 01:29   Link #14
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

@ relentlessflame

Precisely my view. I'll buy Shuffle! not only because I'd like a nice copy of the show, but also to support the bishoujou genre in being distributed in the West. That's also why I'll be buying Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien later this year, Fate/stay night, probably To Heart when TheRightStuf get around to it... and so on. Anything to help get Air and Kanon released. Ulterior motives.

Though, as Vexx said and I mentioned earlier... I'll be happier if episode 24 is retouched. Hell, reanimated entirely. Retouch eps 22 & 23. Please. The writing I can live with, it's part of the 'Shuffle Experience' and can be worked around. But the animation makes my eyes bleed.

-Andiyar
Old 2006-08-08, 02:00   Link #15
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

once the whole series is released ill get it, but i probably wont buy each CD as its released every few months.
Old 2006-08-11, 18:33   Link #16
w00tix

I would have each DVD on reserve so fast.

I would rather have Suzuka lisenced more than Shuffle though...
Old 2006-08-12, 03:58   Link #17
Chiisa
Love target... LOCK ON!

As a person who likes to buy the dvds when they come out if she's seen them subbed, I would definately buy Shuffle if it is to be liscenced and released.

I happened to see the series in two boxes while I was in Thailand but I restrained myself from buying them simply because I want to support the franchise :]
Old 2006-08-12, 04:20   Link #18
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

@ Chiisa

And this way at least you don't get the horrible Engrish of the bootlegger's sub streams, nor do you get video quality that is probably comparable to, or perhaps even worse than that of the fansubs. For myself, I'm quite looking forward to picking Shuffle! up on a month-by-month basis, as I find that it is often easier to afford/justify a smaller expense per month, then a larger pile of purchasing all at once.

-Andiyar

Last edited by andiyar; 2006-08-14 at 09:27.
Old 2006-08-13, 20:33   Link #19
Rin-Sama
Banned

OK it's has been confermed. SHUFFLE! has NOT been licenced in the U.S. as of yet. so that 1st site was premature.

www.anime.com
Old 2006-08-13, 20:49   Link #20
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The site you linked doesn't have any information saying that Shuffle! hasen't been licensed..