AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-14, 09:48   Link #61
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD View Post
Just watched it a few hours ago. My country only started airing the movie yesterday, but the official release of the movie is supposed to be on the 19th of October. I thought the movie was great and all....at least its not that predictable for those who'd read the manga. Not sure whether its supposed to be funny but...those people watching the movie with me were laughing when they see L and Ryuk's weird eating habits.

I tink cos' those pple r not the manga readers, tt's why they find it pretty amusing abt their eating habits. For it's not that predictable for those who read the manga, is it becos they change some parts of the plot? Haha. Anyway, I guess that I will be looking forward to the part two of the movie where all the climax is there.
Old 2006-10-14, 09:52   Link #62
wao
OK.

Heh, DwArD, you're Singaporean too? I'm going to watch the movie tomorrow... Will 'report' back on it when I'm here, I suppose.
Old 2006-10-14, 17:32   Link #63
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Part 2 will clock at a long 2 hour 20 min. Slightly longer than the 2 hour 5 min of the first.
Old 2006-10-15, 02:19   Link #64
wao
OK.

Just in from watching it... It wasn't bad, though I guess some parts were a little too slow for comfort. However, generally, it was okay - I guess it's mostly because the premise itself is fine. It was a bit confusing at first because they had shifted everything and changed the Naomi Misora thing a bit, but generally it was still fun watching Light come up with those elaborate plans like his contact with Ray.

Probably the biggest nitpick for now is that Light's actor doesn't look the part at all. He's not a bad actor per se but he looks too old sometimes, and there was also something off that I couldn't really pin down. Maybe he just didn't feel natural.

On the other hand, I thought L was quite fine, and the fangirls in the audience were more than 10000x pleased with him .
Old 2006-10-15, 02:51   Link #65
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Probably the biggest nitpick for now is that Light's actor doesn't look the part at all. He's not a bad actor per se but he looks too old sometimes, and there was also something off that I couldn't really pin down. Maybe he just didn't feel natural.
Movie's Light is suppose to a university student in his late teens, early 20's here. Still I still find his face kinda too round for the role of Light.

But maybe because I have read the manga before.....Light ,the megalomaniac, having a girlfriend feels kinda wrong. In the manga, he is too self important to be involve in a relationship if it does not serve a purpose. So what was he doing with Shiori before he got the DN ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
On the other hand, I thought L was quite fine, and the fangirls in the audience were more than 10000x pleased with him .
L is easy to do. He is, afterall, very much older than Light in the manga and you can call him an eccentric genius. So just get any good young actor to act how he suppose to act and there you have it.
Old 2006-10-15, 04:12   Link #66
wao
OK.

Well, I thought he looked too old to be a university student even (although there are people like that, I never imagined Raito to look like that) And I agree about the roundness. I guess they couldn't find anyone who looked like Raito and could act well enough too... If I'm not wrong I think I saw Eiji Wentz as one of the broadcasters.

The theatre I went to had hardly anyone in it - probably about 15-20 people in total? But everyone laughed at Ryuk's antics. The apple bit was really cute Oh, and at Matsuda as well! Watching this reminded me how I always like characters like that. Him just suddenly finishing sentences for others in a burst of genius...

Dear L, the shinigami likes to... eat apples!!
Old 2006-10-15, 05:18   Link #67
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Thanks God tt I am not the only one that is unpleased with the Movie's Raito actor. Seriously, I don't really see how he fits inside the role. He juz dun look any "Raito-ness" to me. And yeah! at his roundness... =\ Again, no offence to his fans. Juz personal opinion. Hehz :P

Yup Yup, I agree that many will like L actor instead. He looks pretty juz right for the char.
Old 2006-10-16, 12:11   Link #68
Suiton

I just watched the movie yesterday and I must say I'm really disappointed with Light's actor. In the manga, Light often sharpen his eyes to give us the evil and scheming look, which I find cool. But i guess it isn't possible in real life. Also, his face just doesn't tell me he is a genius lol. They did not emphasise on Light's ridiculously high IQ as much as in the manga, which is disappointing too lol.
Old 2006-10-16, 14:16   Link #69
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
The movie is not as good as the manga, though everyone in the theatre exclaimed 'hentai!' when they see the guy picking up Misa Misa's tissue...
Just imagine the scene yourself...it's halirious...
Old 2006-10-17, 18:34   Link #70
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Lastest DN 2 Promo Brochure :-

1. Various American studios express interest in US remake.
2. DN 2 will have a original ending unlike the manga.
3. 3rd Kira to appear in movie. (Youtsuba Arc ?)
Old 2006-10-18, 12:41   Link #71
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Original ending....I wonder how will it turn out. Maybe Light and L get their name both written in the note?
Old 2006-10-18, 12:59   Link #72
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Original ending....I wonder how will it turn out. Maybe Light and L get their name both written in the note?
Mm, I still want to see Mello and Near get live-action'd. They could probably get away with compressing the second arc into one movie if they chose to do so, though.
Old 2006-10-18, 19:50   Link #73
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Mm, I still want to see Mello and Near get live-action'd. They could probably get away with compressing the second arc into one movie if they chose to do so, though.
Hmm... if they r goin to compress Mello and Near into the second movie, then it will seem to be very rushed out. Anyway, there is still no news whether is there goin to be DN 3 or sth?? Perhaps DN 2 will haf an orginal ending, different from the manga cos' the producers do not wish to continue the story anymore?? Anyway, to me, Raito vs L is the best and most interesting arc inside the manga.
Old 2006-10-18, 19:54   Link #74
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce View Post
Hmm... if they r goin to compress Mello and Near into the second movie, then it will seem to be very rushed out.
Nah, I meant a hypothetical third movie. The second movie is clearly just meant to wrap up the Light/L stuff... and you're right, that's the way it should be.
Old 2006-10-19, 00:12   Link #75
lsjulee

Actually I preferred Death Note upto the wits against wits battle between Light and L.
Spoiler for later in the story, major spoiler!:

Last edited by xris; 2006-10-19 at 14:50. Reason: Please use the spoiler tag!
Old 2006-10-19, 11:19   Link #76
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Uh, MAJOR SPOILER lsjulee.

Wtf, is that the girl who plays Saki in the J-Drama "Gal Circle" as Misa?
Old 2006-10-19, 12:50   Link #77
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
Uh, MAJOR SPOILER lsjulee.
Agreed. Go edit your post [lsjulee] and put that information in a spoiler tag.
Old 2006-10-20, 03:22   Link #78
lsjulee

Ops sorry, done it non-intentionally. I'll go learn the Spoiler tag function now.
Old 2006-10-20, 09:25   Link #79
StrawHatLuffy
L Lawliet

Is it just me or does the movie fail in the sound department in comparison to the anime? I don't get the "mood" from the music overall (if there were any).
Old 2006-10-25, 20:24   Link #80
lsjulee

Mann!!! How this movie hit the box office everywhere!!
Closed Thread