AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 19 25.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 37.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 18.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 4.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-25, 21:25   Link #41
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

this is the least interesting of the 3
Old 2008-04-25, 22:27   Link #42
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
i'm not feeling the way he is holding the gun
I didn't really care much for that as well. It would be very difficult one would think to shoot a gun like that.
Old 2008-04-25, 23:01   Link #43
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Despite me going into this eps without expecting too much, I still was disappointed with the battle this time around. Yeah, lets get beat up in the beginning, and then let's just blast the baddy away once we had enough. Sound familiar? So yeah, nothing jawdropping this time around in regards to action scenes.

That said, Kidd was HILARIOUS! He's right up there with the Shinigami, in terms of being funny. Son of the Reaper indeed. While he may not be up to Maka, I still think that pushes him past Black Star; then again, I've never liked much characters who refer to themselves as 'ore-sama'...

And while Liz might be level-headed (and I usually like those kind of characters better), I think I prefer Patty. That gangster talk was just awesome coming out of nowhere; psycho-moe ftw!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-04-26, 00:47   Link #44
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Despite me going into this eps without expecting too much, I still was disappointed with the battle this time around. Yeah, lets get beat up in the beginning, and then let's just blast the baddy away once we had enough. Sound familiar? So yeah, nothing jawdropping this time around in regards to action scenes.
I didn't really mind it myself because of the reason why he was getting beat up.
Unlike most Shounen leads during this scene, Kid could have owned that baddie striaght from beginning and went home and made himself a sandwich. The fight was more comedy than anything serious IMO.

One of the interesting things SE is that most characters are elite despite some of them having issues. Most of the fights in SE are general pretty even (unless really obvious opponent is too strong) and "getting beat up and coming back" don't happen much.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-04-26 at 01:09.
Old 2008-04-26, 01:06   Link #45
kimchipride
Geass User

Death the Kid was pretty annoying
Scratch that, all the shinigamis and weapons are annoying

Except for Tsubaki
Old 2008-04-26, 04:44   Link #46
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I didn't really mind it myself because of the reason why he was getting beat up.
Unlike most Shounen leads during this scene, Kid could have owned that baddie striaght from beginning and went home and made himself a sandwich. The fight was more comedy than anything serious IMO.
Even so, I think one part of this ep I found hard to swallow was how Kidd came out of the pyramid unharmed at all...what happened to being stabbed and all that blood before being smashed with a ton hammer >.>

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-04-26, 04:50   Link #47
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think we're going to see a lot of "Wiley Coyote" moments in the series.
Old 2008-04-26, 04:52   Link #48
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Even so, I think one part of this ep I found hard to swallow was how Kidd came out of the pyramid unharmed at all...what happened to being stabbed and all that blood before being smashed with a ton hammer >.>
Shinigami Regeneration?
Old 2008-04-26, 05:29   Link #49
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
It's a cartoon and its crack. Anything is possible. That explains it xD hehe
Old 2008-04-26, 06:47   Link #50
Tendou88

10/10 !

love this show !
Old 2008-04-26, 07:54   Link #51
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchipride View Post
Death the Kid was pretty annoying
Scratch that, all the shinigamis and weapons are annoying

Except for Tsubaki
Kid is the only Shinigami in the group, BTW.
Old 2008-04-26, 11:27   Link #52
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroi Len View Post
Shinigami Regeneration?

Yeah, I also thought he was also to surivive because he is Shinigami plus:

Spoiler for something pretty minor:

Still, I partly chalk it up to SE's "twisted" sense of humor.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-04-26 at 11:49.
Old 2008-04-26, 12:46   Link #53
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Bwahahaha, I love this episode! Death the Kid is my favorite character by far!

What's with the guys and all their strange obsessions though?

Soul is obsessed with being "Cool"
Black Star is obsessed with being the center of attention
Death the Kid is obsessed with being symmetrical.

I can't wait to see the Maka,BS and DtS fight together though, this'll be fun.
Old 2008-04-26, 13:51   Link #54
Joni3Nyo
☆ ポンポンら~♪

Well I liked the new characters, they were fun :3
Old 2008-04-26, 15:37   Link #55
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
That's what I thought too, but I just assumed it had something to do with the fact that he was Shinigami-sama's son, so he must be special in some way.

Well, this episode wasn't as good. I thought the previous two were better and that Black Star's was the best of the three.

Of the three ehh... heroes(?), I think Maka and Soul will be the most interesting and will have the most catchy fights (lolscythepwn.), but Black Star has the most potential to be the best story.

On the episode itself: I thought it was decent, though it's really only a prologue episode. His OCD was a bit trite by the end of the episode, so I'm hoping they don't overuse it later on as well.

Did anyone notice the hall scenes inside the pyramid, though?
They were... very good, to say the least.

So this series has really grown on me in three episodes. I disliked the style and such in the first episode, but I'm quite fine with it now. And the OP song is becoming quite catchy too.

Tsubaki ftw.
Old 2008-04-27, 05:38   Link #56
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Kid really reminded me of Tamaki, there...

I love the way Patty and Liz fight.
Old 2008-04-27, 11:00   Link #57
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Being born as a god...he sure has an advantage then (*still swallows a hard lump*).

Hopefully though, he won't come across as being too overpowering in all his fights, but I do think the symmetry disease comes in as a nice handicap for the bad guys

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-04-27, 15:39   Link #58
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Death the kid is so cool...A shinigami on a skateboard with sister 45 caliber pistols and who shoots with his pinkies is pretty damn dope...His obession over symmetry is also pretty hilarious...I loved how the pistols fight for themselves aswell...Now I'm ready for the series to move to the next level...A shonen anime that seems like it's gonna actually deliver on consistent action and HQ animation...Somebody pinch me...9 outta 10...
Old 2008-04-27, 16:01   Link #59
Wervy
Cutely Pervy

eh, seemed like this may be a worthwhile series at first, but I am pretty sure now its just going to be some shonen crap with fanservice to keep people watching.
Old 2008-04-27, 17:29   Link #60
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wervy View Post
eh, seemed like this may be a worthwhile series at first, but I am pretty sure now its just going to be some shonen crap with fanservice to keep people watching.
Uh, am I missing something? That's what shonen fighters are usually about...That's what MOST of us watch them for (Cool animation, action, fanservice)..What should only count is whether or not it is good within that make-up (Great plotlines are definatley a plus, but if you didn't see this show as style over substance from ep 1, then sheeesh)...With Bleach and Naruto and even now One Piece (in the so-so Thriller Bark arc) being a bit cheap in the way they are shelling HQ episodes it's good to watch something you feel like is gonna be consistent in the visual department...The 52 ep guideline will ensure this I think...But if you still think it's shonen crap, then maybe you're watching the wrong genre because ain't much shonen fighters out there doing much better in-terms of consistent action and visual quality...