AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-29, 11:09   Link #201
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ow you're right this is the console version , fortunately . Well it doesn't bother me as long that the PC version still have his tactical side ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 13:47   Link #202
killer3000ad

Ahh crud the video got taken down and the official thread on this at the Bioware forums was locked cause folk were nerdraging. Some peeps didn't like what they saw and were,"OMGWTFBBQ! DA is ruined forever! I AM NOT BUYING THIS!" Sigh. This is why we can't have nice things.
Old 2010-09-29, 21:37   Link #203
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Ahh crud the video got taken down and the official thread on this at the Bioware forums was locked cause folk were nerdraging. Some peeps didn't like what they saw and were,"OMGWTFBBQ! DA is ruined forever! I AM NOT BUYING THIS!" Sigh. This is why we can't have nice things.
We can never have nice things because people just don't know when to stop complaining and get over it This is still part of the Dragon Age thing, just like Dragon Age: Awakening. Just an alternative storyline from the main character....

People really do ruin the fun for us
Old 2010-10-06, 11:09   Link #204
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

More info about the "Save-importing" & "Relationships" :

Quote:
One of the coolest aspects of Mass Effect 2 is how many of the decisions you made as Shepard in the first game could be imported into the sequel. But with Dragon Age 2 introducing Hawke as the new playable character (as opposed to whatever generic "Warden" players created for themselves in the first game), it raised the question of whether save-importing would even be an option, and if so, how it would work. Well it is, and here's how.

"We look at it as importing the world really," said lead designer Mike Laidlaw in an interview with NowGamer. "I've always seen Dragon Age as a franchise as about more than any one character. It's about an entire span of history and the whole world that's affected by what happens. So that was our approach and I think the importing stays true to that in the sense that the decisions your Warden made and the person they were all affects Dragon Age 2."

So what kind of decisions will matter? "Who's in charge of Ferelden, what happened with the Dwarves, who's running Orzammar?" Laidlaw explains as examples. "All of these things are reflected and accounted for in Dragon Age 2."

Laidlaw also revealed that despite the Witch Hunt DLC for the first Dragon Age that was intended to provide closure to Morrigan's story, she'll still have a part to play in Dragon Age 2, as "she's not done with this world by any stretch of the imagination." And speaking of companions, Laidlaw also gave a few details of how building relationships with party members will differ this time with the addition of a "rivalry" system.

"[In] addition to being friends, its now an open choice for you to build up a consistent rivalry with someone and to tell them that no, it's their moral compass that is not correct and that you can actually have a real interaction around that rather than just them getting angry and storming off," he explained. "They will still do that, but it's not like a lose condition like it was in Origins."

Dragon Age 2 is set for release on March 8.
Ow seems great . So for example in my game , Allistair and Enora rules together on Ferelden so in DA2 they'll still rules there (maybe)
But i wonder what will happen to the our warden .

Rivalry system is a good idea imo .
Old 2010-10-06, 13:32   Link #205
Who

^I doubt the Warden is truly done, especially with most of the epilogue slides in Awakening hinting that his/her tales were finished with the sole exception of Leliana/Zevran romance. Even Anora/Alistair based epilogues have it where the Warden disappears after a while, followed by something along the lines of "their tale is not yet finished..." or something of that nature.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 19:14   Link #206
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
^I doubt the Warden is truly done, especially with most of the epilogue slides in Awakening hinting that his/her tales were finished with the sole exception of Leliana/Zevran romance. Even Anora/Alistair based epilogues have it where the Warden disappears after a while, followed by something along the lines of "their tale is not yet finished..." or something of that nature.
There will probably be a DLC where you get your good old warden back.. But that possibility is by far really distant from happening.. Either way, we just have to live with the change we are going to get.. I'm going to enjoy the new features Dragon Age 2 is going to bring either way
Old 2010-10-06, 20:26   Link #207
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
One thing I'd say is of course Morrigan is done. Witch Hunt gave no answers at all. She can't possibly be done until we find out exactly what she has been doing in the first place.

Do like the rivalry idea though.
Old 2010-10-06, 21:44   Link #208
kujoe
from head to heel

Actually, Witch Hunt takes place after Awakening, so that whole "his/her story is not yet unfinished" bit likely refers to an extended epilogue of which is Witch Hunt. While WH deals with Morrigan, it also concerns Flemeth and also serves as a bridge (an inadequate one at that) between the events of DA: O and DA2.

You search for Morrigan, and you may decide to end up going with her, kill her or remain in Ferelden... but her message remains the same: there is way more to Flemeth's scheme, and somehow this involves Dragon Age 2. Enter Hawke and company.

According to Bioware, this is it for the Warden from Origins, since from here on it'll all be about Dragon Age 2. But with WH posing more questions (for DA2 most likely) than being a true epilogue, I can easily imagine that some of its characters can still easily get involved in whatever future events that will one day transpire in the overall story.

Just where indeed does the Eluvian mirror lead to, and what the hell is Flemeth up to? And if Morrigan gave birth to a child (in your story), then what will be its role in all of this? Personally, I would like to play a part in a reformation of the Chantry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Ow seems great . So for example in my game , Allistair and Enora rules together on Ferelden so in DA2 they'll still rules there (maybe)
But i wonder what will happen to the our warden .
In my game, Alistair and Anora rule Ferelden too. I hope DA2 will show the difference between a 'hardened' Alistair and the normal one. A 'hardened' Alistair takes charge as king, and stands toe to toe with Anora.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 12:19   Link #209
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post

In my game, Alistair and Anora rule Ferelden too. I hope DA2 will show the difference between a 'hardened' Alistair and the normal one. A 'hardened' Alistair takes charge as king, and stands toe to toe with Anora.
Yeah mine was hardened too .
Damn that was hard to convince him to rule Ferelden with Anora , specially when he's in love with you
Old 2010-10-07, 15:46   Link #210
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, my character is male, so all I had to do was tell him to look out for himself and harden the eff up.

The results are actually great, as can be seen in his epilogue. Alistair becomes a good leader or a self-learned king, while Anora becomes the effective politician.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 21:00   Link #211
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/order/

Dragon Age II Bioware Signature Edition

Includes 4 bonus items, a bonus character (a la Shale and Zaeed) and a downloadable soundtrack.

The Signature Edition will only be available for order until January 11, 2011.

It appears this is what's supposed to be the collectors edition.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 21:05   Link #212
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i hope its a hot elf babe with tan skin and long ears and red hair <333
Old 2010-10-15, 15:37   Link #213
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
We can only hope .

But it does sound pretty nice. Will definitely get that version.
Old 2010-10-15, 21:37   Link #214
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/order/

Dragon Age II Bioware Signature Edition

Includes 4 bonus items, a bonus character (a la Shale and Zaeed) and a downloadable soundtrack.

The Signature Edition will only be available for order until January 11, 2011.

It appears this is what's supposed to be the collectors edition.
Lets just hope they dont change their minds on anything included in that info.. Its to interesting for it to be switched
Old 2010-10-16, 04:47   Link #215
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I approve of this....very much.
Old 2010-10-26, 16:16   Link #216
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

OMG new trailer :

Isabela from Origins is back !
They introduced the rogue too !
"Refugee become a champion" that's kinda remind me Gladiator

More info for the rogue :

Quote:
Not designed for a tank role like the warrior or damage and support class like the mage, the rogue is more of a one-on-one fighter. Great for tackling bosses, the rogue is armed with the speed and nimbleness of a jumping spider. Aggressive, but stealthy, a rogue aptly navigates crowded battle zones with stun bombs and can backflip away from danger or can teleport directly behind an enemy, depending on their skill set.

Rogues are also blessed with the talent of archery, and they can equip either a bow and arrow or dual daggers. Not too shabby.

The rogue, like other classes, can be built out to enhance certain traits. Assassin, Shadow and Duelist are all specializations available to the rogue, and each offers a unique way to slay enemies.

Assassins are trained in the Antivan traditions, so they are able to mark their foes and call out a target's weaknesses to their allies, which helps increase the party's damage against enemies.

The stealthiest of all the rogues, Shadows are able to slip away at any moment in battle, lay low in the dark and then wait for the perfect time to strike.

The Duelist, though not as stealthy as the Shadow or as accurate as the Assassin, is extremely difficult to hit, so you can feel free to taunt your enemies while you hack away at them.

If this is all specializations availabe to the rogue , it means that they removed Bard , Ranger and Legionnaire scout .

And more game info :

Quote:
The first area BioWare showed off to the press and fans was the Blightlands, and it sure wasn't pretty. A brown color palate topped with burned tree stumps and rocks, the new "art style" didn't seem promising.

This time, I got to see a bit of Kirkwall. The entire city, though structurally impressive, has a rough populace. My party was exploring a portion called High Town, which is a nicer area but still seedy. Despite Kirkwall's less than stellar reputation, it proved that Dragon Age 2 will be a much better looking game than Origins. The buildings all shared a similar clean architecture, but there was a foreboding feel that lingered.

But the streets were nothing compared to the Chantry, adorned with giant solid gold statues and blood red candles, it reeked of religious worship.

Isabela, My Love
Draped in a skin-tight tunic, a strategically tied scarf around her waist and thigh-high boots, Isabela is clearly not afraid to show off her assets. Though she's your most scantily clad party member, this woman of loose moral value is also a deadly rogue duelist.

Much like Zevran was in Origins, Isabela assumes the role of the "easy" romance option for Dragon Age 2. The temptress pirate was also present in Origins, so if you happened to visit the Pearl (the brothel) in Denerim, she may look familiar.

Lady Hawke Is Hawt
If you're debating whether or not to play as a male or female version of Hawke, I'm going to strongly recommend the latter, regardless of your gender. Sure, Hawke makes a fine looking fellow, but lady Hawke is a stone cold fox. Her bright turquoise eyes make her gaze quite dreamy, and though I've only been able to hear a few lines of dialogue, her voice actress seems solid. So whether you're a woman looking for a character to identify with or a guy who doesn't mind staring at an incredibly beautiful woman for the entirety of a BioWare role-playing game, you might want to give her a shot.

Well if you don't remember who was Isabela in Origins :

Spoiler for Pic:

Hmmm she looks older now . For 10 years later , i think it's ok .

"Lady Hawke Is Hawt" nice one ^^
Old 2010-10-26, 16:22   Link #217
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

oh god yes I wonna play a chick cuz shes soo hot.....Na.... she needs more than appearance.
Old 2010-10-26, 16:25   Link #218
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Oh my..... That trailer sent chills to my spine... To amazing for words...
Old 2010-10-26, 16:31   Link #219
Who

I approve of this trailer and info. All thoughts of playing a warrior/mage have gone down the drain.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 16:44   Link #220
JRendell
Manga Addict

Isabela will have to be pretty amazing to top Leliana and Morrigan for me.

This game is looking out to be a beast. I can't wait. Roll on March 2011!
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360