AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2011-01-26, 07:25   Link #1541
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

ah,so shuga is resting. hope she isn't for the live event 2.XD she must rehearse to give us a good show! XD btw,ayana once played as a baby and a lil gal too. in case you didn't know, she plays as fu in tamayura..X)

ah, wait, i guess this isn't the right thread to discuss this. XD it's just now i noticed.XD

Last edited by BaKaBaKaOtaKu; 2011-01-26 at 07:27. Reason: ayana
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 07:43   Link #1542
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
ah,so shuga is resting. hope she isn't for the live event 2.XD she must rehearse to give us a good show! XD btw,ayana once played as a baby and a lil gal too. in case you didn't know, she plays as fu in tamayura..X)

ah, wait, i guess this isn't the right thread to discuss this. XD it's just now i noticed.XD
But then again, after her OreImo gig i expected a seiyuu gig more cooler than Rio RG. I mean, i know she does Alice in HOTD but damn, i want more of her tsundere voice from OreImo and MM!

Infact, somewhere in an Akihabara Maid cafe has to be a man writing a script about two rival tsunderes voiced by Ayana and Rie Kugimiya. Someone has to do it after all.
Old 2011-01-26, 08:27   Link #1543
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

tbh,i don't like her role as a kirino (yeah,i'm one of those avid haters of that ingrate). my view on kirino affected my view on ayana playing the role,getting me irked to such great length hearing her voice. ofc,that didn't go outside oreimo.i still like ayana.XD

yeah, i've always thought ayana vs. kugyu would be epic. XD who's gonna prevail. i'm all for ayana.XDD albeit, rie's still the upperhand. uggh.. i don't like the latter actually >.>
Old 2011-02-04, 23:58   Link #1544
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

hello,

uhm, i was wondering about something. in episode 16 s2, Mugi wrote a song that they would sing in the summer festival. is that song, the one named ichigo parfait?
Old 2011-02-05, 00:10   Link #1545
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
hello,

uhm, i was wondering about something. in episode 16 s2, Mugi wrote a song that they would sing in the summer festival. is that song, the one named ichigo parfait?
No, Ichigo Parfait ga Tomaranai was already written by then.
The song Ichigo Parfait ga Tomaranai was shown in the 1st episode on the list of songs they were going to perform for the freshmen orientation.

The song your thinking of I believe is Honey Sweet Tea Time but I could be wrong.

Last edited by Otaku Guy; 2011-02-05 at 02:28.
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 00:42   Link #1546
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Yes, Ichigo Parfait ga Tomaranai was already written by S2 Episode 1. However, Honey Sweet Tea Time was previewed in Episode 4, not 16. They mention the song but never actually play anything from it.
Old 2011-02-05, 02:08   Link #1547
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

oh, ok. but i think that song (made by Mugi in ep. 16) was played on their school festival. Yui is actually studying the song, at least with some help. i just thought that, since Mugi wrote the song, it could be about sweets or tea. hehehehe. i guess we could always guess...
Old 2011-02-05, 02:38   Link #1548
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

I believe its U&I, Mugi made a song but they where figuring out lyrics for it which Yui made for it.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 02:49   Link #1549
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
I believe its U&I, Mugi made a song but they where figuring out lyrics for it which Yui made for it.
To be more specific in Episode 17 Mio tells the other members of K-ON that Mugi is done with her part of the song previously written in Episode 16 and how Mio had to re-write the lyrics because Ritsu didnt like them. After-which the girls decide to all write their own lyrics for the song, later on in the episode Ui becomes ill and Yui takes care of her, causeing her to write the lyrics for the song which is U&I
Old 2011-02-05, 02:58   Link #1550
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Gosh, I love logic.
Old 2011-02-05, 04:31   Link #1551
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
i just thought that, since Mugi wrote the song, it could be about sweets or tea. hehehehe. i guess we could always guess...
Mugi only did the musical scores and Mio did the lyrics. Even Honey Sweet Tea Time's lyrics is written by Mio. and if we look at their overall songs, most of them are about sweets, right? XD Mio also wrote Tokimeki Sugar which is also sweets related.
Old 2011-02-05, 12:07   Link #1552
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
To be more specific in Episode 17 Mio tells the other members of K-ON that Mugi is done with her part of the song previously written in Episode 16 and how Mio had to re-write the lyrics because Ritsu didnt like them. After-which the girls decide to all write their own lyrics for the song, later on in the episode Ui becomes ill and Yui takes care of her, causeing her to write the lyrics for the song which is U&I
That's what we assumed, until episode 20 came along and it was revealed that both sets of lyrics Yui wrote in the episode got turned into songs - "Gohan wa Okazu" and "U&I". So the question is, which one was ultimately used for Mugi's song and which one did they just like so much they decided to compose a new melody for it? The show never tells us, but I believe the answer can be deduced from dialogue in several episodes...
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 15:04   Link #1553
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
That's what we assumed, until episode 20 came along and it was revealed that both sets of lyrics Yui wrote in the episode got turned into songs - "Gohan wa Okazu" and "U&I". So the question is, which one was ultimately used for Mugi's song and which one did they just like so much they decided to compose a new melody for it? The show never tells us, but I believe the answer can be deduced from dialogue in several episodes...
This is to much work for someone who has been up for 22hours lol
Someone else figure it out Im going to bed <3

EDIT: After re-watching the episode I'm 99.9% sure the the song Mugi wrote is "U&I", while drinking tea in the studio the girls all propose their ideas in doing so we get a preview of the lyrics for "Gohan wa Okazu" that Yui wrote but then it was soon after rejected. After learning that their club room has been restored and is now usable again the girls all go home. Here Yui is laying on the couch and trying to figure out lyrics for The Light Music Club's new song and Ui reads the lyrics for "Gohan wa Okazu" soon after falling ill. Which is when Yui writes the lyrics for "U&I", after returning to the club room she is praised for her song and she says how she didnt use Ui's help this time.

So its like hey, Yui wrote lyrics for 2 songs. The 1st song being rejected at first along with everyone elses. But after writing the 2nd song it was praised by the entire Light Music Club and seeing how they were all dissatisfied with everyones first set of lyrics we have to assume that the song is "U&I", seeing as how they didnt pick a set of lyrics they liked for the song until Yui wrote the lyrics for "U&I".

Ok now I'm going to bed lmao
Night <3

Last edited by Otaku Guy; 2011-02-05 at 16:08.
Old 2011-02-06, 09:27   Link #1554
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
So its like hey, Yui wrote lyrics for 2 songs. The 1st song being rejected at first along with everyone elses. But after writing the 2nd song it was praised by the entire Light Music Club and seeing how they were all dissatisfied with everyones first set of lyrics we have to assume that the song is "U&I", seeing as how they didnt pick a set of lyrics they liked for the song until Yui wrote the lyrics for "U&I".
That's a good theory. Here's mine: In ep 17 when they were all writing lyrics, Mugi's went like this:

The piercing cold wind is blowing
Yoshie cornered the criminal against a cliff
Kenichi-san, you are... You are... You are the culprit!

Then in ep 25 as they are discussing the promo video they are going to make, Mugi suggests the make it a murder thriller drama, "like the lyrics for Gohan wa Okazu". (Ritsu: "We can't have the culprit standing on a cliff!") Obviously, the lyrics for Gohan wa Okazu are nothing like that, but it does match (and is obviously a reference to) the lyrics Mugi wrote in 17. This suggests, IMO, that when Mugi says "Gohan wa Okazu" she is actually talking about her suggested lyrics for the song that would eventually become Gohan wa Okazu.

Also, Gohan wa Okazu is (at least somewhat) stylistically similar to Honey Sweet Tea Time, so it would make sense that Mugi composed both of them (and in fact, those two songs share the same composer in reality. That could have been done intentionally to keep Mugi's style consistent, then again maybe not). Just throwing that out there....
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 10:33   Link #1555
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
That's a good theory. Here's mine: In ep 17 when they were all writing lyrics, Mugi's went like this:

The piercing cold wind is blowing
Yoshie cornered the criminal against a cliff
Kenichi-san, you are... You are... You are the culprit!

Then in ep 25 as they are discussing the promo video they are going to make, Mugi suggests the make it a murder thriller drama, "like the lyrics for Gohan wa Okazu". (Ritsu: "We can't have the culprit standing on a cliff!") Obviously, the lyrics for Gohan wa Okazu are nothing like that, but it does match (and is obviously a reference to) the lyrics Mugi wrote in 17. This suggests, IMO, that when Mugi says "Gohan wa Okazu" she is actually talking about her suggested lyrics for the song that would eventually become Gohan wa Okazu.

Also, Gohan wa Okazu is (at least somewhat) stylistically similar to Honey Sweet Tea Time, so it would make sense that Mugi composed both of them (and in fact, those two songs share the same composer in reality. That could have been done intentionally to keep Mugi's style consistent, then again maybe not). Just throwing that out there....
You might be right. Each of the girls also wrote more than one lyrics, so I think it's safe to assume that there were more than one songs in progress. And if Mugi was really in charge of composing all of HTT's songs (Maybe, since numerous official pics of her features music sheets) then both songs are made by her.
Old 2011-02-06, 12:57   Link #1556
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
(Maybe, since numerous official pics of her features music sheets) then both songs are made by her.
yet again, Azusa and Mio are both good with sheet music and music theory so either of those could of made a song in sheet music. Remember, in episode 16 you can obviously see, she has no prior experience with the guitar. Also in support
In Episode 17 Mio tells the other members of K-ON that Mugi is done with her part.

so that means...

Mugi creating an entire song

Based off personal experience, when you make a song, typically one person usually creates one part for a theme (such as a chord progression) and everybody builds off it with there instruments. (most of the time its the melody - But you still give the credit to the person who originated that song Good example is there K-ON!! Official Band Yarouyo!! ~Let's MUSIC!! 3~ you can clearly hear them building off one part which is ORIGINALLY THE MELODY "Subtitle Back 1 - 26"

So were left with

A: She made lyrics

B: She made a sheet music

--------------------------------------

Based off personal experience, typically you write the song out, then you make the lyrics, (its easier) I read years ago the proper way was to write the music first. The logic is words are easier to fit into an existing melody, than the other way around. However, everybody has their own preference. Sometimes you can do the words first, sometimes the melody.

One of the tricks to learning to write lyrics is to take an existing song and write new words for it. I think a lot of songwriters learn this way, so perhaps this is why music first is preferred. Everyone has a different way of working. Some writers find words which sit well together. Then that can sometimes suggest a melody or a rhythm which might work with it.
Sometimes it's the other way around - you might get an idea for a chord change, you might find yourself with a great melody or there's an insistent rhythm you find yourself tapping-out - and you put a few words here and there, then it all comes together.

-----------------------------------------

So this also gets eliminated

A: She made lyrics

her lyrics where not used in both "Gohan wa Okazu" or "U&I" which was there last songs before the concerts

------------------------------------------

were left with
B: She made a sheet music most importantly a melody then a rhythm

In the song "Gohan wa Okazu" The Keyboard sounds way more dominate in melody then in the song "U&I" which it rarely takes the Melody.

you can barely even hear the keyboard at all

so heres a keyboard cover

compared to the more dominate Keyboard of "Gohan wa Okazu"

please note that the "Effects you hear in the song are Replaced with Keyboard chords and notes in live mix"

I say she created the "Gohan wa Okazu" with Yui's Lyrics
and U&I song was a song they all made together as there final song
remember In Episode 17 Mio tells the other members that Mugi is done with her part. meaning she did not write "U&I" if she handed them her sheet music before hand in the other episode "meaning her part should have been done for the song U&I" rather then Gohan wa Okazu which she made because IMO her part was done when she handed them her song "when she said she made one"

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-02-06 at 19:33.
Old 2011-02-06, 18:16   Link #1557
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
[FONT="Courier New"]

yet again, Azusa and Mio are both good with sheet music and music theory so either of those could of made a song in sheet music. Remember, in episode 16 you can obviously see, she has no prior experience with the guitar. Also in support
In Episode 17 Mio tells the other members of K-ON that Mugi is done with her part.
Yeah, of course. That's what I was thinking too. But then again "done with her part" could be just a matter of translation. Her "part" might refer to composing, but we don't really know.

She might be not experienced with the guitar, but remember that in episode 16 Yui mentioned that she's having difficulty to play the guitar part in Mugi's song. So I think she at least created the guitar parts too.

^ And here's my question: Could someone without a knowledge of playing a specific instrument compose a music for that instrument? I mean, keyboard could imitate the other instruments too, right? like synthesizer or something. If no, then my opinion here is not valid
Old 2011-02-06, 18:20   Link #1558
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

^ my sister actually is a band vocalist and rhythm guitarist. She does the composing most of the time,but she finds it easier to write first the lyrics then she'd just slap the melody and rhythm. SAme goes with me when i compose silly songs. l0L. yeah, that just tells how people have different ways of doing stuff.XD

i vote for Gohan wa Okazu. XDD
Old 2011-02-06, 18:31   Link #1559
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
^ And here's my question: Could someone without a knowledge of playing a specific instrument compose a music for that instrument? I mean, keyboard could imitate the other instruments too, right? like synthesizer or something. If no, then my opinion here is not valid
Yes somebody without knowledge of playing a specific instrument can compose music for that specific instrument, but in saying that you have to think that realistically when it comes this that (using myself as an example), I could compose music for a piano but I have no knowledge of playing the piano at all so the music I can compose would only be understandable to myself and I doubt thats what they did, and if we're going to go that far into this to the extent of "oh she probably just made it up herself and explained it to them later" then we might as well just tear apart every little thing they show/mention in K-ON! and I prefer that we didnt do that.
Old 2011-02-06, 18:35   Link #1560
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Yeah, of course. That's what I was thinking too. But then again "done with her part" could be just a matter of translation. Her "part" might refer to composing, but we don't really know.

She might be not experienced with the guitar, but remember that in episode 16 Yui mentioned that she's having difficulty to play the guitar part in Mugi's song. So I think she at least created the guitar parts too.

You would need to convert it, Guitar and piano are two instruments that are unique in that each playable note on the instrument is visible on the body. This makes finding notes on the instrument easier while reading music due to the lack of intricate key fingerings. Guitars and pianos are often used together in songs. However, in order for a guitarist to read piano music, the notes must be changed. This is because a guitar is in the key of E, and the piano is in C. Transposing refers to the changing of notes with keys. That would be too much if you know what i mean for one person to convert all parts in there clef