One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Point taken.

Alright, I'll create the thread.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 03:08   Link #542
firefox
Seed seeder

I was looking for a tread on mobile suit action figures, especially robot damashii and older lines like HCM pro or MSIA or FIX but there doens't seem to be one yet.

It's a very different aproach then model kits so i'm not yet posting about it in that topic.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 04:06   Link #543
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
I was looking for a tread on mobile suit action figures, especially robot damashii and older lines like HCM pro or MSIA or FIX but there doens't seem to be one yet.

It's a very different aproach then model kits so i'm not yet posting about it in that topic.
We do talk about that stuff in the Model Thread. I don't really see a reason for a seperate thread, because it seems not that many users talk about HCM's or MSIA to begin with.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 04:53   Link #544
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
We do talk about that stuff in the Model Thread. I don't really see a reason for a seperate thread, because it seems not that many users talk about HCM's or MSIA to begin with.
okay,

Then i'll post about it in there
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 20:05   Link #545
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
So I was wondering if we can get a thread started on G-Reko. Since it's said to be 1000 years into the UC timeline.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/1...8GUNDAM+GUY%29
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26639

Just use that thread for now. I don't think there would be much to discuss at this point. AGE is just starting and there's still Unicorn.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 21:51   Link #546
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

With the official announcement of SEED's HD Remaster: I'd like to request the two threads connected to the Cosmic Era be merged and renamed as the official thread for Gundam SEED/Destiny.
Old 2011-11-06, 01:28   Link #547
monster

If the idea is just to discuss the remaster of SEED, then I'd prefer a fresh new thread (just one) be created solely for that purpose.

An official SEED/Destiny/CE thread seems pointless at this point after all the threads that have been made. You can even think of the whole Gundam forum as the official CE "thread" (plus some extras ).

But if the mods do want to merge threads to create one official CE thread, then I'd like for all the CE threads to be merged. There's no reason to limit it to only two threads.

Last edited by monster; 2011-11-06 at 01:38.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 08:19   Link #548
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
If the idea is just to discuss the remaster of SEED, then I'd prefer a fresh new thread (just one) be created solely for that purpose.
If some pics have been released, then I will gladly start such a thread. Otherwise, I think we caa hold off for a little while. (And yes, a new thread will be made for the Remastered series.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
An official SEED/Destiny/CE thread seems pointless at this point after all the threads that have been made. You can even think of the whole Gundam forum as the official CE "thread" (plus some extras ).
Agreed.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 19:33   Link #549
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

I am looking to start a topic that discuss the issue of Gundam and applying certain popular trends/themes/topics found in western science fiction lately (Namely NBSG for example) and want to discuss what if the next gundam would have been much darker in general.

Simply put, talking about a gundam series that tries to be completely dark.
Old 2011-11-10, 00:10   Link #550
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
I am looking to start a topic that discuss the issue of Gundam and applying certain popular trends/themes/topics found in western science fiction lately (Namely NBSG for example) and want to discuss what if the next gundam would have been much darker in general.

Simply put, talking about a gundam series that tries to be completely dark.
While I don't think modern western sci-fi necessarily directly influences Gundam, your idea is intriguing (and doing a brief search I do not find a recent thread similar to your idea (there is one from 2006, but it is not quite what you are looking for)). Can you give me a full OP so I can see where you would like to lead the discussion?

(btw, What is NSBG?)
Old 2011-11-12, 03:35   Link #551
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
While I don't think modern western sci-fi necessarily directly influences Gundam, your idea is intriguing (and doing a brief search I do not find a recent thread similar to your idea (there is one from 2006, but it is not quite what you are looking for)). Can you give me a full OP so I can see where you would like to lead the discussion?

(btw, What is NSBG?)
New Battlestar Galactica, while not the pinnacle of science fiction. It played a heavy role in influencing most new science fiction with it's lack of aliens, the bleak setting that gave a stark contrast to popular science fiction and being somewhat more "realistic".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opening Topic
Topic Title: Gundam and the potential of western trends

In the last couple of months, the reveal of Gundam Age and it's heavy influence by Inazuma Eleven and other works by Level-5 have left some Gundam diehards questioning the future of Gundam. I was one of the few who advocated a darker Gundam series. Taking SEED's attempts at complete bleakness without having Lacus to save the day with her suddenly acquired leadership and pacifism for example as Kira and Athrun is forced to wade through what is an ocean of blood and misery that is the Blood Valentine War.

What I wanted was a Gundam series that takes the best from the trend of Dark Science Fiction that ruled the airwaves and consoles. Resistance, NBSG, Halo and countless other dark science fiction that had dominated the early 2000s with the cynical backgrounds, a sense of true despair and morally questionable heroes who does not become some sort of mythological hero who saves the galaxy but merely delays it's end. Throughout the last two years, I have made ideas on how to give Gundam a touch of darkness that Tomino and Fukuda at some points failed to deliver. Unlike most other people, I don't plan to shake the foundations of gundam by removing favorite UC staples and also maintain Gundam's anti war message in a manner that does not result in pacifism but rather the weight of war crushing everyone.
I will explain more when the topic is made by you.

So what do you think about the topic concept and where does it belong

Last edited by james0246; 2011-11-12 at 09:31. Reason: double posts...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 09:33   Link #552
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
I will explain more when the topic is made by you.

So what do you think about the topic concept and where does it belong
Sorry for the delay. I was looking to see if there was any previous thread which could have been used instead of creating a new thread.

I have made the thread (here), but I should warn you that the thread has a very large potential for imploding...
Old 2011-11-12, 09:37   Link #553
brightman
Ancient Member

Where's the Gundam UC Ep 4 thread?

Its out on PSN/Zune in certain areas...
Old 2011-11-12, 09:46   Link #554
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Where's the Gundam UC Ep 4 thread?

Its out on PSN/Zune in certain areas...
I was going to make it later today (along with the AGE episode 6 thread), but since it is already out, here you go...
Old 2011-12-28, 21:54   Link #555
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Can we please rename the Gundam SEED Trilogy Thread to the 'Gundam SEED remaster' Thread?
Old 2011-12-28, 22:35   Link #556
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Can we please rename the Gundam SEED Trilogy Thread to the 'Gundam SEED remaster' Thread?
I think "Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny General Discussion Thread" would be better based on past discussions.
Old 2011-12-30, 04:43   Link #557
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I think "Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny General Discussion Thread" would be better based on past discussions.
Done.......!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 18:08   Link #558
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

So, now that we have officially entered into the last segment of the series,
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
On the other hand, should there be any character threads for Gundam AGE characters?
I believe now would be the best time for the AGE character threads, as well as a general character thread (maybe even as a generational favorite character poll for all the side characters to get a chance to shine).

My suggestions for individual threads:

Flit Asuno
Asem Asuno
Kio Asuno
Grodek Ainoa
Woolf Enneacle
Yurin L'Ciel
Zeheart Galette
Emily Amonde/Asuno
Romary Stone/ Asuno
Arisa Gunhale
Wendy Heartz/Asuno

Also, I have been entertaining the thought that maybe we might open ''family'' thread, for the Asuno's, Madorna's, Galette's and/or Zoi's for example, if the mods think it would be alright.
Old 2012-05-13, 03:32   Link #559
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Where's the AGE ep 31 discussion?
Old 2012-05-13, 03:38   Link #560
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Where's the AGE ep 31 discussion?
Thread's up.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote