AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-14, 19:31   Link #261
Cirno
Eye'm the strongest

(」・ω・)」SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ!\(・ω・\)SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ !
\(・ω・\)SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ! \(・ω・\)SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ!

My sanity points been getting lower by the new OP. \(・ω・\)SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ!

Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai?

Awww the moment when Hasuta getting the brush was so hnnng. I've watched enough GJ-bu episodes to know what it feels.

So Hasuta in his kamen ri- true form next week?
Cirno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 19:32   Link #262
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Rule of thumb for Nyarko episodes seems that if the focus is more on Mahiro and Nyarko's relationship, things tend to slow down a bit. I'm not familiar with the LNs (except for the fact that we apparently stopped somewhere around the 5th book in S1), but we should see similar episodes this season too.
Yeah we're on volume 5 right now. And there's actually less of the slower drama stuff in there. There'll be more to come though like you said. I actually like those elements too.
Old 2013-04-14, 19:43   Link #263
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Poor Kuuko pouting because Mahiro left her hanging without a proper tsukkomi was funnier than any of her actual jokes
On a To Love Ru Darkness joke, no less.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 20:39   Link #264
novalysis

I really, really wonder... do the Lovecraftian abominations even have a set gender? Because, I wonder whether Hastur took the form of a trap deliberately, even if he could have choose a female form. I don't think Nyaruko and Cthuko are actually female in the manner humans are used to - it's just that they've decided to take a female form.

Also, Hastur reminded me of Yuuno Scrya from the Nanoha series, for some reason, this episode.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 21:30   Link #265
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So much Hastur in this episode and what was Cthuko doing
Old 2013-04-14, 21:39   Link #266
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I don't think Nyaruko and Cthuko are actually female in the manner humans are used to - it's just that they've decided to take a female form.
Pretty much. If you go back far enough to the S1 posts, someone actually mentioned that Nyarko's present form was selected specifically because it would appeal to Mahiro's (apparent) tastes, or what Nyarko expected what he would look for in a cute girl. As for gender, "whatever is convenient for the situation" is my take on it. Which brings a whole lot of horrific implications to Cuuko's crack at Mahiro bearing her child...
Old 2013-04-14, 21:42   Link #267
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Nyarko W 02 - P's Great Library/A Good Librarian, Not At All Like Nyarko

The Rider references were fewer and more obvious than last week's (and the show does tend to repeat - that's two Finales in two weeks), but the somewhat slower pace did allow for Hastur to get some screentime, like had been mentioned in this thread. He's a class representative and a librarian. I'm not sure if those weird cult guys were supposed to be like W's Luna and Joker, but it's clear that whatever they're up to, it's not good. This week felt a little... Part 1 ish. Loved Nyarko trying to bargain for "maternity leave" - she's so forthcoming about the whole pregnancy thing that it's endearing. But next week looks great - Nyarko assumes her Kamen Rider form once more. Knowing how this show works, I expect these cult guys to also end with some sort of anticlimax. Even if they are summoning a giant monkey thing.
Was the 'All our troubles are darkness' line a Kamen Rider reference? That joke lost me since I've never seen the series (though I still laughed for some reason).
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 21:45   Link #268
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Was the 'All our troubles are darkness' line a Kamen Rider reference? That joke lost me since I've never seen the series (though I still laughed for some reason).
That was more meant to reference To Love Ru Darkness. As far as Rider lines go, I caught Momotaros' and Meteor's catchphrases in there, and another Wizard "Finale" from Cuuko. (It helps that she IS Flame Style.) Maybe there'll be more next week.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 23:51   Link #269
novalysis

Quote:
Pretty much. If you go back far enough to the S1 posts, someone actually mentioned that Nyarko's present form was selected specifically because it would appeal to Mahiro's (apparent) tastes, or what Nyarko expected what he would look for in a cute girl. As for gender, "whatever is convenient for the situation" is my take on it. Which brings a whole lot of horrific implications to Cuuko's crack at Mahiro bearing her child...
Which basically means that Hatur COULD in theory reproduce with Mahiro, by adopting a female form...

Why do I get the reason that the King in Yellow is the sharpest of the lot, with regards to what would make it stand out from it's fellow moe abominations....
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 00:06   Link #270
SQA

Quote:
Which is actually what makes the series so hilarious. It's the first time you have a Tsundere male lead that has EVERY REASON ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH to keep the Eldritch Abominations off him.

Too bad he's apparently the sexiest human in the galaxy to them. Insert Red Said Fred "I'm too Sexy" here. Then realize, for Mahiro, it REALLY would hurt.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 00:56   Link #271
EroKing

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2013-04-15 at 06:35.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 01:47   Link #272
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

How many of you want to bet these new group of villains?? Are after a Yaoi book? That seems to fit this showXD

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 03:16   Link #273
Ridwan

Hair down Hastur is bad for my health >.<
Old 2013-04-15, 03:34   Link #274
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
How many of you want to bet these new group of villains?? Are after a Yaoi book? That seems to fit this showXD
I am more amused by the implication that there is an entire alien race who are all yaoi fangirls.
Old 2013-04-15, 03:35   Link #275
Ridwan

I'm pretty sure there is one.
Old 2013-04-15, 03:38   Link #276
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

The 2nd season might get better than the 1st one...
Old 2013-04-15, 03:39   Link #277
Ridwan

Damn, I agree !
Old 2013-04-15, 03:40   Link #278
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I am more amused by the implication that there is an entire alien race who are all yaoi fangirls.
Almost as bad as the entire alien race of yaoi fanboys who watches trashy yaoi drama...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 03:43   Link #279
Ridwan

^I can see Nyaruko-verse likely has them too.

Wait, doesn't it have them already ?
Old 2013-04-15, 03:45   Link #280
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Last season Mahiro was kidnapped to star in a yaoi drama.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, parody, sci-fi, seinen, trap