AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-08-10, 18:08   Link #321
Vocah

Would be nice if she shrugs it off, grabs Kabru and rips him in half.

Anyway, I hope it finishes this drama stuff soon so it can go back to why I liked this manga in the first place.
Vocah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-15, 19:39   Link #322
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Volume 5 tidbits are out.
Kobolds have high poison resistance.
So that's how Dryads are born.
Laius "cookbook" came from his parents and the author of the book may have not eaten monsters.
The utility bill of maintaining the dungeon is high.
Old 2017-09-20, 00:06   Link #323
marvelB

Boy, I forgot to comment on last month's chapter. Good thing there was a break this month, heh!

Anyway, I find the current Farlyn..... disturbing, to say the least. I especially feel bad for Laius.... having to face his sister, who's now a cold-blooded, murderous beast (yet still seems to retain some childlike innocence,) has gotta be the stuff of nightmares for him. Kabru may have leapt in for a "mercy" kill, but I personally doubt that's going to accomplish much, not with Farlyn being backed by the dungeon master.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
Anyway, I hope it finishes this drama stuff soon so it can go back to why I liked this manga in the first place.
....Well, maybe the survivors can eat some harpy meat once the dust clears....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 12:42   Link #324
marvelB

Next chapter's out, so a bump!

Well, as expected, Kabru's sneak attack failed, and Farlyn escaped. Furthermore, the friction between Laius and Sureau reaches its peak, as they resort to talking with their fists! Eventually, the two calm down, and Sureau makes his final decision: To leave the dungeon, and never return. Nonetheless, Laius makes his current goal clear: To save Farlyn by defeating the dungeon master!

Interestingly, we find out that Kabru suffered a past trauma where his mother was killed and eaten by monsters..... which was triggered when Laius offered him harpy eggs, lol. Soon, both guest parties return to the surface, but interestingly, the cat girl from Sureau's group was left behind. Perhaps Laius' party will soon reflect that of the one-shot....?
Old 2017-10-13, 13:27   Link #325
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

For all his big talk, Sureau was disappointing.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 19:15   Link #326
James Rye

What were you expecting. like Laius said he didn't eat three meals per day and had no proper sleep the past days either. He wasn't "as serious" about saving Farlyn as Laius and co because he was too busy being sad and depressed.

Farlyn was badass, nearly wiped out the entire three adventurer teams. Only Laius team avoided any death/injury, maybe there is still some Farlyn left in her? Would explain her curiosity towards the Undine and the Kobold dog.

I'm glad the party won't have to go up and can continue their adventure and soon they will have a japanese catgirl thief/assassin joining them, awesome! <3
Old 2017-10-13, 19:26   Link #327
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So everyone lives and goes back to the surface except and Laius and the gang...and the ninja girl who may or may not be the catgirl from the one-shot.
Old 2017-10-14, 00:13   Link #328
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
What were you expecting. like Laius said he didn't eat three meals per day and had no proper sleep the past days either. He wasn't "as serious" about saving Farlyn as Laius and co because he was too busy being sad and depressed.
I was expecting him to not give up on Farlyn so easily. Go back to the surface, eat, then go back and catch up with Laius to help. Not... just wash his hands off the whole matter.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2017-10-14 at 12:58.
Old 2017-10-14, 12:56   Link #329
marvelB

^Well, to be fair, he may reconsider his decision at some point.... if not now, then perhaps before completing his return trip to his homeland. I mean, despite his words, I doubt he's too willing to ultimately forsake Farlyn for his beliefs....
Old 2017-10-15, 13:08   Link #330
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Got into this one over the last few days and have really been enjoying it. It does a good job of balancing the drama with the comedy when it comes up, especially in these last few chapters.

Checked out the official release. Some different localizations for the names which wasn't too surprising, though one detail I did notice is that while the scans have the sorcerer as a man the official refers to them as a woman. Granted, they're androgynous enough that it's not exactly easy to tell either way.

Anyway, I was surprised too by Sureau seeming to just give up and say he'll never come back again. I didn't expect him to just completely give up like that. Go back and rest up sure, but I'd think he might get some reinforcements before returning. He's pretty much just leaving it all to those four and while they've been doing quite well, more support couldn't hurt. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if next chapter has us seeing him inform on what's been going on in regards to the red dragon and sorcerer.

I can't quite determine what Kabru is going to do. He certainly intends to be seeing them again, but whether it will be antagonistic I can't say. I could see him informing on Marcille's use of the dark arts. Given how serious it was made out to be, I could see it being used to perhaps distract the elves. Could even hurry us along to meeting more of them if they are pursuing the party.

His concerns about Laius inheriting the dungeon (if that is exactly what will happen) seem valid to a degree, though I can't imagine Laius actively going out to harm others. More likely would be that he sets up a restaurant with Senshi that exclusively serves monster food. Marcille could further explore ways to make use of the dungeon for good (food being just one example).

I think we'll be getting a new party member though with Asebi, who was mentioned as missing and was left behind by Sureau's party. Given that you can see she has canted eyes in one panel and the way her hood is, she may very well be the cat girl from the original one shot.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-18, 00:39   Link #331
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Really Sureau!??
I hate him so much now more than Kabru.
Someone should pointed out already how his place no different than Laius as person whom abandoned to save the sister. Hey, at least Marcille, Chilcak still faihtfully follow Laius to defeated the dragon despite risk than that hypcorite spoiled jack swordman whom only good to lecture.
anyway enough the hate.
I am not sure a wise them back to dungeon, Laius party need to resupply agan and recruit one more party.
They certainly need more members to fight the sorcerer.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-14, 10:52   Link #332
bakato

New chapter featuring shapeshifters.
Old 2017-11-14, 11:47   Link #333
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Some of these clones are just downright hilarious, especially the 'I must consume' and the abracadabra one. It's pretty obvious who imagined which Laius clone but I'm not quite so sure about the others.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-14, 13:35   Link #334
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So, are shapeshifters the king of ingredients, able to taste like any given meat?
Old 2017-11-14, 15:37   Link #335
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I think the cat girl from Sureau's party is with them and is the one who grabbed Marcille's hand early on. It might be possible that she'll be the one to pick out the real ones if she has skills in that direction.

Then again, I feel like Laius could be onto something possibly with cooking depending on how much the clones inherit the abilities of those they copy. Like can the Senshi clone cook well, or the Chil clone pick locks with the same skill, or the Marcille one cast magic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Some of these clones are just downright hilarious, especially the 'I must consume' and the abracadabra one. It's pretty obvious who imagined which Laius clone but I'm not quite so sure about the others.
The remaining Marcille I'm pretty sure is Laius as he's actually been studying magic and would know what the inside of a book would look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So, are shapeshifters the king of ingredients, able to taste like any given meat?
Oh, that's a cool angle. I wonder if we'll get to see their true form. I feel like the others would be weirded out at the idea of eating beings that look just like them.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-14, 18:39   Link #336
James Rye

I'd like it if the close-to-perfect Marcille would be the one who Laius thought up in his head (just with his preferred hairstyle for her) and that the weird looking one and the one with the kiddy magic book was either Senshi or Chilchack. I laughed so hard at the giant Laius and the "must consume~>" Laius was funny as well. XD
Old 2017-11-14, 19:43   Link #337
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Oh god, they're stuck at relying on Laius' power of observation.
This won't end well.

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-14, 21:04   Link #338
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Okay, let me guess

- Giant Laius: Chilchuck
- Idiotic Laius: Marcille
- Cute Laius: Senshi

- Weird face Marcille: Chilchuck
- Kid magic book Marcille: Senshi
- Perfect Marcille: Laius

- Scarf Chilchuck: Laius
- Wrong item Chilchuck: Senshi
- Last Chilchuck: Marcille

- No hole helmet Senshi: Laius
- Wrong item Senshi: Marcille
- Last Senshi (with weird nose): Chilchuck
Old 2017-11-15, 02:31   Link #339
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I'd like it if the close-to-perfect Marcille would be the one who Laius thought up in his head (just with his preferred hairstyle for her) and that the weird looking one and the one with the kiddy magic book was either Senshi or Chilchack. I laughed so hard at the giant Laius and the "must consume~>" Laius was funny as well. XD
Perfect Marcille is probably Laius' - he's the only one who'd have looked at her spell book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Oh god, they're stuck at relying on Laius' power of observation.
This won't end well.

It would if they were monsters!
Old 2017-11-15, 06:23   Link #340
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

You gotta feel sorry for the party and the shapeshifters. This is gonna end horribly with Laius involved.

Tags
comedy, cooking, dungeons, fantasy