AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-08, 12:23   Link #1
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Brain Powered

Big question, I'm right in the middle of watching this (Eps6) and I'm TOTALLY Confused.

Did I miss some OVA somewhere that explained what the heck is going on?
And what's up with the schizo sister?

I cannot seem to keep up as each episode makes a full episode jump and they don't seem to have much connection to each other.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 16:06   Link #2
scorpio516

No you didn't miss anything.

By the end they don't explain everything, but enough to make you stop going crazy
scorpio516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 18:15   Link #3
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
i read all of the manga which was 4 volumes...i got lost on volume 3...and everything seemed to go too fast...all in all, i didnt like it too much...
Crimen Scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 14:40   Link #4
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Yup you are right Scorpio. Total WTF Confusion all the way to the end.

Well at least the Animation was good.

Old 2006-02-11, 03:48   Link #5
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

dont worry it will all be clear by the end of the second disc.

if u state specifically what you are confused about i can answer it, just dont want to give out too many spoilers.

i actually liked brain powered. every gundam fan should watch it. its underrated.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 07:18   Link #6
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Yup you'll get to know why she's so schizophrenic.

For me Brain Powerd was very good until the episode with

Spoiler:

But overall a pretty good anime.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 14:03   Link #7
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
dont worry it will all be clear by the end of the second disc.

if u state specifically what you are confused about i can answer it, just dont want to give out too many spoilers.

i actually liked brain powered. every gundam fan should watch it. its underrated.
The apparent time jumping is why I went WTF.

Each episode appears to have at least 2 months between them. And that first 'it is one year later' stuff really got to me.
I think Episode 5 where Yuu goes off and just meets up with Kadona (Sp) at the little festival sorta clinched it for me. I went 'Ummm why did he go there, she didn't say meet me there'

Then the whole end with him / his sister / and the Orphan had me going, 'I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS ENDING!'

This looks like a 52 episode series that someone took a knife to the script and made it into a 26 episode one. Then went 'opps we forgot to hire a writer to fix the gaps'.

IMHO It is one of the lowest of the Sunrise works. But then I haven't seen all of them. Even Seed Destiny (Which I didn't like at all) didn't pull the script gaps, I just didn't like the whole premise of Seed Destiny.

Old 2007-05-29, 18:53   Link #8
wamcy

brainpowered series?

where can i find brainpowered series?
wamcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 19:41   Link #9
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I am interested in this because I play ACE 2.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 23:44   Link #10
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I am interested in this because I play ACE 2.
I prefer the A.C.E 2 version. In A.C.E proper the Vital Jump doesn't actual do anything, it's just a dash with a flashier animation, but in A.C.E 2 it actually makes you temporarily invincible and jumps you a whole lot farther than a regular dash. Plus you can't do Chakra Extension in A.C.E, only in A.C.E 2.

Sorry let me clarify. The Vital Jump is a function of the Brain Powereds abilities, as is the Chakra extension, which are both used in the Game Another Centuries Episode, which features the units and characters from Brain Powered. This is the reason behind my reply.

Anyway as Xris has said, we probably shouldn't be discussing A.C.E 2 here.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-30 at 03:30.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 02:48   Link #11
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamcy View Post
where can i find brainpowered series?
The series is licensed by Bandai Entertainment and the Complete Collection DVD is still available (but it's a bit old now so may be difficult to obtain). Link to ANN entry for Brain Powered.

If you are asking for downloads of the series, then I suggest you have a read of the forum rules since asking for licensed anime is a good way to get banned.

And to the last couple of posters. Please remember this is the Brain Powered anime discussion thread, if you want to discuss games then please do so in the appropriate forum
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 04:23   Link #12
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
REVIEW TIME OF THE DEAD

PROLOGUE
Man, was this one a drag! It gives you the impression that it will be an interesting and weird series but in reality it is totally boring and simple.

ART & SOUND SECTION: 5/10 [Awesome intro, lukewarm viewing.]

Hell, the intro was full of naked chicks and weird imagery. And the song was catchy too. It really managed to make me interested in the series. And then the series begins… And it’s nothing much to look or listen to. Where is the nude? Where are the weird / spiritual backgrounds?

-The general artwork is just your average looking mechas, military bases and rural countrysides.
-The character figures look very generic.
-Motion fluidity was kept at minimum.
-Colors and details are done in simple ways. And the visual effects are very crude. Just laser beams and energy barriers for a few minutes per episode. Even the funky disks that were creating meckas wore off quite soon.
-On the flip side, voice acting was decent. And the context of the dialogues was full of science, metaphysics, teen angst and more. Too bad even that was ruined by repeating words. Terms like ORPHEN, BRAIN and BIO-ENERGY were spoken at least 20 times per episode, making the dialogues quite repetitive and tiresome.

Final saying: Although not bad, the graphics and sounds are quite distasteful for their time.

STORY & CHARACTER SECTION: 3/10 [Interesting story, snoring plot.]

The story? Alien powers threaten the balance of the world and a team of teens piloting mechas tries to salvage bio-energy disks and prevent the destruction. In the same time a secret organization plans to release an alien ship that will devastate the world, save for its chosen few believers to the cause. It’s not a typical “one-eyed monstrous aliens vs kind-hearted humans” story. It’s selfish people vs selfish people, so it is quite dramatic at times. The alien part is a plot device rather than the main story. The main theme is not really “saving the world”. It’s more like “mommy doesn’t love me” and “my family is obsessed and lost its way” kind of story. The several flavor details concerning science, philosophy and mystic powers help to create a very good founding for an interesting story… But what was built atop that founding was without an architect’s supervision.

-The characters are cardboards. Stereotypes that you can find in most mecha series. Undeveloped to the point of not caring about them. With generic looks and movements. There is no reason to remember any of them.
-The story is so slow-paced that could easily be summed up in 6 episodes. It really didn’t deserve 26 boring episodes.
-The battles are awfully simple and short. I skipped them without missing a thing.
-The conclusion was sudden and rushed. The producers must intended to create a movie sequel to wrap things but eventually didn’t; leaving us with a completely vague and dry ending.

Final saying: This could easily be made into a fine mini series. Dragging the story with repeating words and boring battles only managed to ruin the show.

VALUE & ENJOYMENT SECTION: 2/10 [Low, even for my strict tastes.]
I find no value in this series. Characters aren’t there, story is an illusion, ending sucks! It is boring, slow and anti-climactic. The only thing I really enjoyed was the one and a half minute opening song.

VERDICT: 3.5 / 10
Quick! I hold him, you bring the tar and feathers.

SUGGESTION LIST
Successful mix of Mecha with Religion and Metaphysics series: Neon Genesis Evagelion, Ghost in the Shell, Zegapain, Ergo Proxy, Argento Soma, Betterman, Soul Taker and Rahxephon.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 20:42   Link #13
animenyo

I did watch it long time ago
So i dont remember story that detailed.

I think the story focused mainly on Yuu the male protagonist and his family.
Mostly about Yuu's character development, i think they did splendid job about it.

Story 8/10
Actually Brain Powered talking a lot about parent-kid relationship especially mother and child...
About Yuu and his sisters that hate their families...
Jonathan who hates his mother.
Unless you could appreciate story about family problem it would be pretty much boring.
I give it 8 just because its kinda funny... this war broke from stupid family problem

Brain powered is child of Orphan anyway...
Some of them afraid of Orphan yet kinda love it...

Character development 9/10
This is where it shine imo
Anyway Brain Powered involve some psychology especially parent child relationship, broken home, youth psychological development (well, Yuu was such a stubborn, revolting child later he become mature, his brain powered also adapt Yuu personality)

Action 8/10
The battle is decent and expect lots of teleporting, barier and any kind of chackra related move.
Piloting Brain Powered is like being parent and teaching the children
Mostly the pilot say something to calm Brain Powered down because they seem afraid of fighting.
Since piloting Brain Powered kinda intresting i give it 8

The anime was directed by Tomino... Universal Century Gundam director
Unless you familiar with his work you would find the character kinda short tempered and seem so hasty.
Well, it little bit remain me of zeta gundam.

My only dissatisfaction is only the ed...
Seem a bit forced... I did expect ova for ed... since its kinda missing character stories right after the war finished.

Its not really everyone dishes...
If you hate drama, mecha, psychological thing, and talking weird yet claimed to be scientific language i suggest you stay away from this anime.
animenyo is offline   Reply With Quote