AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 26 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 27 21.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 15.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 24.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 17.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 8.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.60%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.80%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.80%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 5.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-26, 00:24   Link #241
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Don't get my hopes up... *half-smile, half-grimace*

*Shrugged, half-smile, half-grimace*

Canon hates me...

HOWEVER, if you could convince one of the chosen loved ones (Nightengale, Keroko, Kha), then you'll have a better shot

(Hey I'm in the hot seat with you as well )
Old 2007-09-26, 01:16   Link #242
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta
Liar's Mask... Supposedly, it's supposed to be undetectable.
But it appears to have its limitations. It seems that it can't change her gender and height, at least. Among a few other things.
Old 2007-09-26, 02:36   Link #243
Flar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
The Jail+Vivio storyline would've been just another rehash of A's, but at least with a more definite direction (Developing Nanoha's motherly instincts, and *prepares anti FxN shield* relationship development between Nanoha and Yuuno -> NxY (becoming an official couple), Vivio becoming their adopted child. Fate + Hayate = shafted?)
It would have been the same as with NxF. If you only use a moe blob to develop a relationship, it's going to fail. What they needed was to show it non-ambiguously through many details of the show, like Nanoha and <insert name> being more intimate during everyday scenes, or in comments from others, have it come up stated as fact. Just like in the nano 4komas

I could never stomach Nanoha as a mother. She is a 19 year old hot-blooded white devil, not mother Theresa, she should have other interests. Her impulsive and stubborn personality is what made her stand out a bit in MGLN and A's. In SS she regressed to perfect flat character, except in 8 but that was never reused.

Quote:
About N4?
It would be hard. The series is called Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ___
After A and SS, it should be Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha EX, probably something like EXceed or EXplosion

There is still potential left, just have 7arcs rip the romance of the three kingdoms, or something, make Nanoha and Co generals and you're set. You can even make it a interplanetary struggle for epicness. That is, if 7arcs was actually able to do it, and they are not.

I'm just praying that the licence is either given to another studio or quietly forgotten. Another season of StrikerS quality would be a disaster.
Old 2007-09-26, 04:42   Link #244
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
------------------------------
About N4?
It would be hard. The series is called Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ___

To keep the series fresh, they would either have to use the younger characters (Erio/Caro/Subaru/Tea/Ginga/Vivio/Numbers) or have a brand new set of finite characters, in a new setting altogether (new setting can just mean another dimension). The problem here is that Nanoha will have to make some kinda of rather significant appearance in the series, or else people like me would be asking, "Why is this show called MGLN when Nanoha plays no significant roles in it?"

Its just like Mai-Otome (I won't bother to spoil, but people who have watched it know what I mean). Or having a Naruto sequel without naruto. Or a new Inuyasha movie about every character in the series EXCEPT inuyasha himself. Thats a problem I see with most series with a main character's name in the title.

Unless they change it to Magical Girl Age-changing Vivio or something.
Interesting ideas for a season 4, but it would be hard to come up with a subtitle to the "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha" title.
Another problem that might go with another season of Nanoha is the inclusion of new characters again. I mean most of the Numbers didn't die, we still have Scaglietti in jail (hahahah jail...Scaglietti...haha) who still looks like he can break out of jail...somehow, and the newly promoted Strikers team from RF6.

hmmm...maybe they can set it on Earth again just like back in the first two seasons and get a completely new random person on Earth (most likely Japan) and give that person a completely new random device from someone who was in the Scrya tribe or some other tribe or place in another dimension...or something like that. The only complex thing is to somehow relate it all back to Nanoha because of the title.
Old 2007-09-26, 04:49   Link #245
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Speaking of which, there's one thing I'd like clarified.

Are Jail and his band of loyal-tans imprisoned in separate off-world prisons each (( I think I heard this, but I'm not sure )), are they together in one off-world prison, or is not it incited clearly? Since the traitor-tans are clearly in one isolation center together.

I need it for the OC thread...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-26, 04:50   Link #246
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar View Post
I could never stomach Nanoha as a mother. She is a 19 year old hot-blooded white devil, not mother Theresa, she should have other interests. Her impulsive and stubborn personality is what made her stand out a bit in MGLN and A's. In SS she regressed to perfect flat character, except in 8 but that was never reused.

I'm just praying that the licence is either given to another studio or quietly forgotten. Another season of StrikerS quality would be a disaster.
True .I was expecting nanoha to be developed as a teacher.As she has now 4 forwards under her,she has much to tell and teach.

Yeah,but another studio wont work.Perhaps its better for nanoha to be forgotten......and be revived and renewed a few years later?
Old 2007-09-26, 05:26   Link #247
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Nanoha can never be forgotten. I mean its pretty popular enough to spark conversations about how this show is different from most "mahou shoujo" titles in anime. I don't know about how it might work well with a different studio. 7arcs is the only studio familiar with Nanoha...if another studio gets it's license, the most likely thing to happen is that they might go and change the storyline from the very beginning or alter it in a way thats its their way of seeing the show in their eyes.

Maybe we'll give 7arcs to correct themselves and do another season CORRECTLY without making it another "StrikerS" disaster.

BTW, even though the Cradle's destination was TSAB, why was it going out of orbit and into space?...weird, unless the battle inside the cradle must have made it all berserk and just traveled up there for no reason.
Old 2007-09-26, 05:35   Link #248
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
BTW, even though the Cradle's destination was TSAB, why was it going out of orbit and into space?...weird, unless the battle inside the cradle must have made it all berserk and just traveled up there for no reason.
No one said anything about Cradle headed towards TSAB. It was going to its optimum point IN SPACE, where it can draw power from the 2 moons to become complete.

Well, clearly that aspect of the Cradle's moon-powers must've been temporarily crippled when the main reactor was destroyed, or the ship somehow slowed down to the point where it couldn't reach optimum point earlier than the fleet, which it was supposed to.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-26, 05:41   Link #249
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
No one said anything about Cradle headed towards TSAB. It was going to its optimum point IN SPACE, where it can draw power from the 2 moons to become complete.

Well, clearly that aspect of the Cradle's moon-powers must've been temporarily crippled when the main reactor was destroyed, or the ship somehow slowed down to the point where it couldn't reach optimum point earlier than the fleet, which it was supposed to.
oh....I must have missed that point somewhere during the last few episodes.
thanks for the info though.
So after the Cradle reached its optimum point in space to gather its power from the moons, it would then strike whatever it was charging power for, down straight to TSAB?
Old 2007-09-26, 05:44   Link #250
BBM

Well if any numbers join the good side in S4. I am hoping for Dieci and Wendi.
Old 2007-09-26, 11:42   Link #251
Eclipze

Quote:
It would have been the same as with NxF. If you only use a moe blob to develop a relationship, it's going to fail. What they needed was to show it non-ambiguously through many details of the show, like Nanoha and <insert name> being more intimate during everyday scenes, or in comments from others, have it come up stated as fact. Just like in the nano 4komas
Well, not exactly. That moe blog (lol) is to be used to develop Nanoha and not the relationship itself. Its just that, since one of the key aspect to this combination is Nanoha's development as a women, it'd be more natural to nurture her love relationship with someone else as well (be it Y or F), since it would be better, on a whole, for starting a family.

Quote:
Well, she has to retire at some point.

Yea, maybe developing her motherly instincts at 19 seems way~ too early, but I guess a little change in the time skip period (making it be a 12~ years time skip instead of the 6-7 that we have from A's to SS) would fix that. I mean, before she learned any of that magic-technology stuff, she was a perfectly normal kid (I think?) attending school and stuff. Whose to say that she can't develop her motherly side just as easily?

Quote:
After A and SS, it should be Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha EX, probably something like EXceed or EXplosion

There is still potential left, just have 7arcs rip the romance of the three kingdoms, or something, make Nanoha and Co generals and you're set. You can even make it a interplanetary struggle for epicness. That is, if 7arcs was actually able to do it, and they are not.

Well, like I've said before, unless they decide to cast away a large portion of the older staff and leave it to the young ones, or set the new series in a completely different place with different people, making a quality N4 without having to deal with too many characters is kinda hard.

This, plus the fact that Nanoha had already developed from N1-N3 makes it such that watching Nanoha blast through villian #1258917 wouldn't have been as interesting as, say, in A's. I thought the whole idea of having limiters in N3 to be pushing it already. I mean, they already have 3 forms in A's, and now they get another set of limiters/limit breaks? Only thing that justified this was the time skip, and it didn't feel very convincing.

Personally, its not entirely the fault of 7arcs that N3 turned out so bad. Its not like GSD bad, where there OBVIOUSLY was ample budget given, and yet the overall writing/animation was disappointing. Having a low budget definitely hurt the production overall.

I'm not too sure if the writer for A's and SS is the same, but A's has already proven that its writers are capable of coming up with a relatively good/decent plot (spanning over 13 episodes at least). The choreography for the action sequences was still fairly decent (episode 1 especially), but below average when compared to N1 and A's.

Last but not least, producing a 13 episodes series is fairly different from one twice it length. Maybe 7arc just needs to get used to it.
Old 2007-09-26, 12:08   Link #252
Serenity85
Horo-ism

What I think happened was they were running a storyline/development line for a 52 ep show rather then 24. Look at the first 13 eps, more time was spent on Subaru/Teana development with small development into Erio/Caro's characters and introducing Lutecia/Zest/Agito, but then it was a complete switch to Numbers/Jail (as 7arcs realised they were runing out of time without getting to the meat of thestory and we were left wondering about the characters we had already meet.

At the way they were going 52 eps (note 36 could also work) would have been way better in comparison to what we got.

Simply the first 26 eps would be intro's into the new forwards and make Lutecia and crew the first semi boss they would have to face. Jail could still be slid in here and there as and underlining main boss but the focus would not be completely on him. At least with this Erio/Caro wouldn't be shafted and there later befriending of LuLu would make more sense.

The last 26 would be on the numbers and Jails plan and would prob play out similar to what we saw in the last 13 (minus a few not so needed cool down eps) just with more development on their backstory.

At least this way various elements like limiters, Nanoha's injury and the Prophacy could play more kep roles as well as maybe finally finding out just wth relics are? Each character would be developed properly, we'd see their highs and lows and maybe get a better epic final boss fight.

JUst my thoughts^^

On a side note - TSAB has this big fleet of ships yet it took them so dam long to get on scene that they were practically useless. Why have the fleet if it can't get to the fight to be helfull, lol (poor Chrono and his shafting, should have just stayed with Carim and drank tea^^)
Old 2007-09-26, 12:35   Link #253
Flar

Quote:
Well, she has to retire at some point.
So the only way to retire for a girl is to have childrens and stay in the kitchen?

Screw that noise, I'll take the abusive, violent, cynical 4Komas Nanoha over the StrikerS blushing robot, if I could. Ironically, she feels more believable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity85 View Post
At the way they were going 52 eps (note 36 could also work) would have been way better in comparison to what we got.
I disagree with that. Even in 52 episode series, they don't waste 20% of the episodes on subpar filler. Even the goddamn Gundam Seed Destiny, for all its flaws, made something with the plot in all its episodes. There is no excuse for stretching a 13 episodes plot over 52 because they felt like including unecessary clutter in the form of Drones, Fanservice, Training, Lu, Caro or Erio. Sincerely, had they made StrikerS a 52 episodes show, with the same QUALITY, and the same pacing we had in the first 10, my fanboy rating would have dropped from 4 to 1.
Old 2007-09-26, 12:45   Link #254
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Quote:
So the only way to retire for a girl is to have childrens and stay in the kitchen?

Screw that noise, I'll take the abusive, violent, cynical 4Komas Nanoha over the StrikerS blushing robot, if I could. Ironically, she feels more believable.

I disagree with that. Even in 52 episode series, they don't waste 20% of the episodes on subpar filler. Even the goddamn Gundam Seed Destiny, for all its flaws, made something with the plot in all its episodes. There is no excuse for stretching a 13 episodes plot over 52 because they felt like including unecessary clutter in the form of Drones, Fanservice, Training, Lu, Caro or Erio. Sincerely, had they made StrikerS a 52 episodes show, with the same QUALITY, and the same pacing we had in the first 10, my fanboy rating would have dropped from 4 to 1.
So what would you have suggested the number be? 13 eps would be way to squished. They failed at 26. 39 could have worked but you have complaints with long series? So whould have been the optimum number then?
Old 2007-09-26, 12:51   Link #255
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
What I think happened was they were running a storyline/development line for a 52 ep show rather then 24. Look at the first 13 eps, more time was spent on Subaru/Teana development with small development into Erio/Caro's characters and introducing Lutecia/Zest/Agito, but then it was a complete switch to Numbers/Jail (as 7arcs realised they were runing out of time without getting to the meat of thestory and we were left wondering about the characters we had already meet.

Simply the first 26 eps would be intro's into the new forwards and make Lutecia and crew the first semi boss they would have to face. Jail could still be slid in here and there as and underlining main boss but the focus would not be completely on him. At least with this Erio/Caro wouldn't be shafted and there later befriending of LuLu would make more sense.

The last 26 would be on the numbers and Jails plan and would prob play out similar to what we saw in the last 13 (minus a few not so needed cool down eps) just with more development on their backstory.

At least this way various elements like limiters, Nanoha's injury and the Prophacy could play more kep roles as well as maybe finally finding out just wth relics are? Each character would be developed properly, we'd see their highs and lows and maybe get a better epic final boss fight.

JUst my thoughts^^

On a side note - TSAB has this big fleet of ships yet it took them so dam long to get on scene that they were practically useless. Why have the fleet if it can't get to the fight to be helfull, lol (poor Chrono and his shafting, should have just stayed with Carim and drank tea^^)
Any longer than 26 eps then i think my ass would have fallen asleep...it isnt a good idea to be stretch things out in the first place mind you, the series failed to condense its content and it ended up being too filler. Bad thing about it is that there isnt much time to work with in the first place so they should have just concerntrated on the development and left the boring training to one side...or at least show us some good training where the aces where against the stars! geez

the navy screwed up for being anti dramatic...chrono may look tenst but i bet he is thinking "god i sure hope they can finish this before we get there"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-26, 13:55   Link #256
Flar

Quote:
So what would you have suggested the number be? 13 eps would be way to squished. They failed at 26. 39 could have worked but you have complaints with long series? So whould have been the optimum number then?
26, the problem isn't with the number of episodes, but with the writers. They would have failed a longer serie just as spectacularly, or more if the pacing was to be modelled after the first 10 eps.

No need to try to find excuses for their failure.
Old 2007-09-26, 17:19   Link #257
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep26:

Yay! I made it!

The end
Sayonara
Fin
Zai-jian
Adios
Burn...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-09-26, 19:32   Link #258
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Finally finished this series!
Erio's face expression was priceless at around 13:03
Oh Fate worrying was lol
Vice had his moments with the sniping, him and his headshots
Hurray for Lulu's mom
Yuuno with Nanoha with Arf looking after Vivio looks like a real family
Old 2007-09-26, 21:07   Link #259
Nvis
Where are the good animes

What was so jaw-dropping from Teana when Vice was talking/shooting?

Is Vice so much better than Teana or something?

Someelse been bothering me. Vice's small shots are bullet-speed, but Nanoha's big "buster" shots are seem so slow.
Old 2007-09-26, 21:24   Link #260
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
What was so jaw-dropping from Teana when Vice was talking/shooting?

Is Vice so much better than Teana or something?
Teana is a good pistoleer, but Vice is an elite sniper.
Closed Thread