AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 49 49.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 24.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.01%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.01%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-04, 17:06   Link #41
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

If Suou is Shion's clone then it might explain why they have the same abilities but then again, Shion is left handed. It does seem somewhat proper for Suou to be a clone given the how things work in DTB, not what you expected. Anyhow, I hope Hei joins up with Suou and July in the next episode.

*Wait, we only have 2 more episodes left? How the heck are they going to wrap up everything?
Old 2009-12-04, 17:11   Link #42
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Man these "you can't be her...because...because she died 8 years ago" plottwists are getting reallllly old. Instead of being shocked...once i heard her call "shion", i was like "oh boy, damn not this kinda plot twist...please no".

Ugh it's not even good, and just comes off as annoying to me. But i'll give it until the end of the series to see how they wrap this up.

So she's like what Shion/their father did with himself? Somewhat like a clone but not really?
Old 2009-12-04, 17:13   Link #43
Audit01

Pretty cool. I just rated it with a 9

^^------------------------- Macross Frontier !!!! -------------------------^^
Old 2009-12-04, 17:18   Link #44
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
If Suou is Shion's clone then it might explain why they have the same abilities but then again, Shion is left handed. It does seem somewhat proper for Suou to be a clone given the how things work in DTB, not what you expected. Anyhow, I hope Hei joins up with Suou and July in the next episode.

*Wait, we only have 2 more episodes left? How the heck are they going to wrap up everything?
better hope for a 3rd season but you know that it's going to happen eventually if they didn't wrap things up after this season heh
Old 2009-12-04, 17:45   Link #45
Nvis
Where are the good animes

What's up with those hovering cars?
Old 2009-12-04, 17:58   Link #46
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

So I guess it's safe to say that Hei will be getting his powers back soon no? He did kidnap the woman who invented the machine to take away powers, I'm sure she has a way to get them back.

PS. The Black Reaper is back.
Old 2009-12-04, 18:08   Link #47
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Misaki's feelings for Hei have become even more evident.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-12-04, 18:14   Link #48
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Actually it's 3 more episodes left and not to forget the 4 OVA episodes.

Now that the subbed is out, I should hurry and go watch it. *goes off watching*
Old 2009-12-04, 18:22   Link #49
Xacual

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but didn't we see in the first season that you can edit memories and also implant memories in people. There was that doll that was made to think she was Chiaki in the first two eps of S1. So isn't it possible that Shion's power involves creating things, he used it to create a double of his father and his father used whatever tool it is, maybe another function of ME, to implant as much memories as he could to make it a passable double, and then he and Shion escaped.

So Shion might have created Suou back when he first obtained his power, or its possible he has had his power for even longer but as far as the memories Suou has, she thinks he has only had them two years. Also it might explain why sometimes we don't see Shion in the memories. Maybe those times we don't see Shion are when we truthfully aren't seeing Suou because she had died, and Suou's memories are actually just copied from Shion.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-12-04, 18:42   Link #50
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Man these "you can't be her...because...because she died 8 years ago" plottwists are getting reallllly old. Instead of being shocked...once i heard her call "shion", i was like "oh boy, damn not this kinda plot twist...please no".

Ugh it's not even good, and just comes off as annoying to me. But i'll give it until the end of the series to see how they wrap this up.

So she's like what Shion/their father did with himself? Somewhat like a clone but not really?
Yeah... It was so predictable it's getting me irritated :/ Such a "dramatic" episode, thanks God (or rather BONES) that we saw Kiko and Gai... I have thought those series would be better. I was waiting to see more Hei and Yin, not a little girl. Suou's transformation, her love to Hei... that's not DTB, that I was expecting

Hei is returning to his old self... just when I have started like his hobo self xP
And again... no Yin... meh, I'm just loosing enthusiasm for this season...
And maybe Suou will be Hei's last loli:

Pai - flashbacks --> died
Amber -now we have her ghost x_X
Yin - flashback ---> and most probably she will die
Suou - she is already dead
Old 2009-12-04, 18:46   Link #51
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I'm not going to pretend to fully understand Amber's powers, but how likely is it that Madam Orielle is actually a younger, but (due to the way her power works) 'older' Amber?

She seems to know...a lot. She pops up all over the place, and that last meeting with Suo...she managed it without using the stairs it seems.

I also feel like a complete tard when this episode spelled out it was Amber who had put the recorder back in Misaki's coat pocket. I'd always wondered how it got there. That Amber was a busy girl during the Hell's Gate incident!

One thing is very interesting though, that she seems to have fast forwarded to 'this' time during the Hell's Gate incident (and subsequently must have rewound time back again) as evidenced by showing up for a brief moment in that reflection. I'd always wondered what in the world Amber could have been doing during Hell's Gate to have had to pay so many years of her life as renumeration in what seemed such a short time. :/

Other stuff:

* Hei continues to be a badass. He probably kidnapped Yoko to either attempt to get the whereabouts of Yin, or to get his powers back.
* I can't help but feel Genma is playing his own game and isn't all that he appears.
* And of course...what a bombshell. Suo is a clone? Doll?
* Mao....while he's been great...why exactly is he still around? We know he works for Madam Orielle, but what exactly were his orders? Just to look after Suo?

Man, shows like this make up for all the panty-flashing, school setting, harem anime that seem to be ever-increasingly becoming the only anime broadcast these days.

Too bad we've only got a few episodes left.

Last edited by creb; 2009-12-04 at 19:12.
Old 2009-12-04, 18:52   Link #52
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidori<3 View Post
Pai - flashbacks --> died
Amber -now we have her ghost x_X
Yin - flashback ---> and most probably she will die
Suou - she is already dead
Hei...soon to be RIP... ='(
Old 2009-12-04, 18:57   Link #53
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Amazing episode.

So it was indeed Amber's voice in the recording message, though I don't think she's alive anymore and she's certainly not Madam Orielle, that would be a bad plot twist. So now we also get to see some background information about Hazuki, which most likely means we'll be seeing her dead in the next episode, at least that's the feeling I'm getting considering what's been happening to the contractors in this series so far.

So it wasn't a filler episode even though we get to see Kiko and Gai, I'm satisfied. I guess BONES did this for the fans, but at least they still kinda played part in the plot and helped it move forward a bit, but I guess it was still thanks to Madam Orielle that Suou reunited with her mother again. As expected, something was definitely wrong with Suou, and now we learn she died 8 years ago. Most likely she'll be under Shion's influence soon and turn against Hei and whatever reasons he needed her in the first place.

And last but not least, we get to see old Hei again. I was fooled at first and didn't recognize his voice, and now it seems he even got stronger than before.
Old 2009-12-04, 19:11   Link #54
Lummie

"Izanagi gazes upon the false seabottom, waiting for Izanami. Izanami will cross the sea bottom and eventually, the two will meet. When they do, Heaven and Earth split in two, and the Gate of Hell will open it's way there. From the Gate will come forth one, a being unknown. And strife will continue for eternity."

Could the false seabottom be referred as a term for the sky with the false stars? Will Hei reunite with Yin and die together? Goddamit Bones, you better not kill of Hei!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-12-04, 19:12   Link #55
velvet nightmare

i don't get how the mother couldn't recognize her as suou when they first reunited, or at least questioned the gender change. wouldn't it have been obvious something was wrong?

also, what were the section 3 girls doing at the airport? something about getting information on izanami?
Old 2009-12-04, 19:16   Link #56
orangejuicetang

Well, apparently Suou looks so similar to Shion that the only way to tell that she's a girl is to either strip her or grope her. Or something.

Also, this is so obvious that it's probably wrong, but considering that Shion has a fairly strong possibility of being Izanagi, and that he's seen staring at an aquarium tank, that could be the false sea bottom. But then again, it's way too obvious, and even then, it's quite a... colorful way to describe an aquarium.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-12-04, 19:23   Link #57
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
i don't get how the mother couldn't recognize her as suou when they first reunited, or at least questioned the gender change. wouldn't it have been obvious something was wrong?

also, what were the section 3 girls doing at the airport? something about getting information on izanami?
Well, last time she's seen them was years ago and I bet it has something to do with Suou's death as to why she left the family. Considering they're also twins and Suou is still flat-chested and supposed dead, it was hard for her to distinguish between them.
Old 2009-12-04, 19:40   Link #58
gonzo562

i hope they ending does not suck with 3 episodes left. I bet it will be a open ended ending with a possibility with a 3rd season.

also i thought the ova are gonna cover what happened between season 1 and 2.

now back to episode 9. It was alright it was awesome to see hei finally shave
Old 2009-12-04, 20:16   Link #59
Bordix

Looks like my fears has come to light. Am I the only one disappointed in Hei getting his old look back?

Damn, wanted to see him again in his episode 1 look (long hair, mask, tattered clothes) but I guess you can't have everything. I'll stop now, I don't want to spoil the people screaming with glee when Hei showed up with his "bringing sexy back" face.

Man what a cliffhanger. When Hei finally started kicking ass again, the episode ended

Quote:
It must be the clothes she's wearing. Those are male clothing, right?
Old 2009-12-04, 21:01   Link #60
Tiberium Wolf

Strange thing... did anyone notice the anti-gravity cars at 9:00? Seems so strange.