AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-01-19, 14:07   Link #61
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This was perhaps the most comprehensible single episode of Boogiepop I have ever watched including Phantom.

I'm going to be very disappointed if Nagi doesn't ride her bike soon.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 14:26   Link #62
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Wasn't too impressed with episode 3, but this one was somrthing else, though nostalgia might have had something to do with it, since something similar happened in an episode of Phantom, but it also helps Imaginator seems like an interesting antagonist, and the whole pacing, while a bit fast, feels much better than the previous arc. Glad to see there's more to look for in Boogiepop.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 15:51   Link #63
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Yeah, but she is kind of the same sort of being right? It's just that the conditions for her appearance is not as defined as Boogiepop.
Now we are getting into the tricky area. As this asking one of the most difficult question in the series: "Just what is Minahoshi Suiko exactly?"
If you want, let's bring the discussion to private because to thoroughly discuss her, it'll involve spoiler beyond Boogiepop series itself.

But if to give a simple answer, it'll be that "Minahoshi Suiko is Minahoshi Suiko, there is no other beings like her."

Last edited by shmaster; 2019-01-19 at 19:08.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 18:53   Link #64
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So the main villian is the type that creates more villians, like Joker from The Dark Knight. That counsellor's descent was very well done. He's a decent guy but Imaginator played on his insecurities, though I suppose it's worth pointing out that he's currently only at the "anti-hero stage" so there's still hope for him.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-20, 03:57   Link #65
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Anti-Boogiepop appears. Much better episode than the last, this one
Old 2019-01-20, 16:34   Link #66
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Now we are getting into the tricky area. As this asking one of the most difficult question in the series: "Just what is Minahoshi Suiko exactly?"
If you want, let's bring the discussion to private because to thoroughly discuss her, it'll involve spoiler beyond Boogiepop series itself.

But if to give a simple answer, it'll be that "Minahoshi Suiko is Minahoshi Suiko, there is no other beings like her."
Sounds interesting. But I want wait after this arc to see how the anime tells the first.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-20, 22:08   Link #67
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

HanaKana vs Y.Aoi again, I love it! And Jin's turn to the 'darkside' was entirely believable, and the plant with thorns metaphor couldn't be more apt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It seems from the conversation above that there was a certain level depth to these villains that didn't quite make it through to the anime which is a bit of a shame but I still enjoyed the episode regardless.
If the goal of Saotome's death was to make the watcher think, at the very least this watcher needed a bit of time to comprehend why Saotome decided to save Manticore. For someone who looked to be on a psychotic rampage (or so to speak), him showing one last bit of humanity was really unexpected. For someone who was so in the deep end, him showing camaraderie and sacrificing himself for the only other person who understood him was actually eye-opening touching for me.

Then this was reflected back on Manticore, who truly showed sadness upon losing her only 'friend' in the entire world. Before her killing was calculated act in order to blend in or follow Saotome's plans, but that last part had her look truly insane.

What I still don't undersand is why boogiepop had to take so long to intervene. My speculation lies in that Saotome was still a human, so she can't take direct action against him. But Manticore who was a clone of an alien? Well, the collective powers of Mother Earth don't give a crap about otherworldy beings. XD

Really, the anime does not have to (or need to) explain everyone's actions and thoughts, even if we're lead to the supposedly 'wrong' answers. I actually like how refreshing this Boogiepop doesn't handhold you from beginning to end, and one had to piece together the events in order to figure out the story. Phantom for me was a big mess for me 2 decades ago, but this version with just a bit more nudging gives a story takes some thinking to get, but without the needless exposition other anime tend to give. (goodness knows Boogipop and Imaginator already talk a lot as it is)

At first I was disappointed that Madhouse wasn't doing Mob Psycho 2 (especially considering I really didn't like Madhouse's first run with Boogiepop), but after catching up with this Boogiepop, I say I'd take the trade any day of the year.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-20, 23:38   Link #68
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Oh? So the Daybreak arc and the Distortion Ling arc has been confirmed.

Distortion King arc is a very nice stopping point for the anime.
But at the same time, I somehow does not look forward to it knowing how abridged the anime is.
Old 2019-01-21, 01:56   Link #69
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Boogiepop and Others Anime Gets 2-Hour Special for 6th Novel's Story

There will be 18 episodes in all, although it won't run for 18 weeks because some episodes are being combined and run in a single night. That's the first two, as we already saw, plus episodes 10 through 13.
BBOvenGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-21, 04:39   Link #70
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Oh? So the Daybreak arc and the Distortion Ling arc has been confirmed.

Distortion King arc is a very nice stopping point for the anime.
But at the same time, I somehow does not look forward to it knowing how abridged the anime is.
ANN's article says the anime is stopping at the 6th book which is Boogiepop at Dawn/Daybreak though.
Old 2019-01-21, 13:28   Link #71
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
ANN's article says the anime is stopping at the 6th book which is Boogiepop at Dawn/Daybreak though.
They're changing the order though. They're adapting volume 6 before volume 5. It makes sense to do it this way because volume 5 is a better stopping point for the show and the order doesn't really matter.

By the way, they aren't gonna adapt volume 4. I think that's a good decision because it's a pretty self-contained book and kind of boring overall.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2019-01-21 at 13:52.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-21, 13:56   Link #72
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Also, the Daybreak is a prequel.
Which isn't as appropriate to serve as a stopping point.
Old 2019-01-21, 14:04   Link #73
Applehell

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
By the way, they aren't gonna adapt volume 4. I think that's a good decision because it's a pretty self-contained book and kind of boring overall.
Probably for the best since they can give the current arc 6 episodes since it is broken into two novels afterall.
Old 2019-01-25, 13:57   Link #74
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I have a hard time keeping the characters straight because many suffer from "same-face syndrome."

Maybe I need to watch it again from the beginning.

Might I suggest that we pay more attention to the events in the anime itself and less on how the adaptation deviates from the novels. I'm sure I'm not the only anime-only viewer watching this.
Old 2019-01-25, 14:21   Link #75
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

A solution to the same hair syndrome: look at their hair instead.
Old 2019-01-25, 14:28   Link #76
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't have any problem telling characters apart in this episode.

I like how everything is fitting in, once again. The guy Jin saved last week was actually Nagi's stepbrother, which makes me think she'll probably get involved in this arc too since her brother is dating a brainwashed girl (I feel really bad for her). Boogiepop is still after Imaginator but she's not ignoring other threats. That Towa organization is obviously bad news. Not sure what they're planning getting people into that academy.

Interestingly, Jin isn't registering on Boogiepop's radar. Probably because he hasn't done anything outright bad yet.
Old 2019-01-25, 19:41   Link #77
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Not in a single episode so much, more across episodes. I think I expected more continuity of characters across episodes.

Aoi Yuuki again uses her impressive range to voice Boogiepop.
Old 2019-01-26, 02:58   Link #78
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The episode is pretty okay, but I'd preffer they spend more time on Anou's inner feelings.
His tears is one of the most important mental exercise to the readers in vol.2, as well as a message in regards to the people and the world they live in.
Old 2019-01-26, 13:33   Link #79
Wandering Soul

So why did Jin tell the kid that he couldn't be saved, if he actually had the power to save him?
Old 2019-01-26, 14:09   Link #80
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
So why did Jin tell the kid that he couldn't be saved, if he actually had the power to save him?
I think Jin only lifted the mind control but Anou's mind is still scrambled. Otherwise he would remember he's gay and in love with Masaki at the end but it doesn't seem like he remembers.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2019-01-26 at 14:33.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, remake