AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-27, 11:29   Link #401
klare

i knew Abe is weak since he cant stand Mikaze's driving but did not expect him to be a big time liar... looks like this is another char that will find inner strength/reason to fight later and save the world in the end

Maya is still Maya, the focus of the show, Smile and JK did their job

Mikaze miraculously escaped from the sealed mountain? she is now a very suspicious person
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 17:59   Link #402
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Just noticed, Maya's phot0 at the beginning looks like a mugshot .

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Mikaze miraculously escaped from the sealed mountain? she is now a very suspicious person
Actually, I believe she was the one that set those explosives, else, how did the VP know that they had stumbled into the mothman site. This makes me think that

a)She's part of the evil paranormal organization;
b)She's part of the future organization sent back to assist the Abes(or even a possible Abe herself)
c)a combination of (a) and (b), with (b) taking precedence/priority over (a).

I'm thinking it's (c), taking into account of her helping Fumi look for the girls and opening that cave(since Fumi was reluctant to do it). It'd explain quite a bit actually, like, how she's so knowledgeable, the car, even though she's working at a restaurant, and perhaps even calling Abe "Fumiyaki" is part of her plan.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 18:27   Link #403
Random Wanderer

Just for something completely different, I'll theorize that Mikaze is actually the supposedly dead principal in disguise.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 18:30   Link #404
NoLongerSane

Lol, I really enjoyed watching the current episode. Really enjoyed Maya treating Fumiaki like trash since his actions in this episode really warranted the response. Really enjoyed watching Smile and JK doing their stuff and how JK really suprised me this episode. I really never expected the big guy to be that agile with his fist. Poor Fumiaki, though, he will probably go down as one of the most annoying protagonist in anime history.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 19:44   Link #405
Eater of All
NOM

I guess my parallel universe theory just got blown to bits, what with #5's phone being found by #6.

As for Bunmei... yeah he's pretty pathetic, but since that is intended to be funny, I don't mind turning a blind eye to it and laughing along for now. Hopefully he'll grow a pair some time down the road.
Old 2010-07-27, 19:47   Link #406
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

Anyone else starting to wonder if Maya has any other clothing than that slutty one piece (not counting her uniform)? At first I thought she just did it out of disrespect for her dad, but I'm really starting to worry here.
Lange Neus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 21:24   Link #407
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Loads of fun seeing everyone's knickers in a twist over Fumiaki (and the disagreement over what to call him). I guess I'm more tolerant of court jester types - he makes me laugh, and I forgive a lot for that. I really do see him as something of a victim, too - he never asked to be the kid who could bend spoons, or to be exploited because of it. He never asked to be born during the age of the collapse of civilization, or to be drafted into a job that had already killed five predecessors. He's just a sucker caught up in the tide of events. Is he a coward? Sure, so far - but it's not as if he's gone out of his way to hurt anyone. I'm not saying he's admirable but I also don't think he's worthy of the venom being spit at him. This is a comedy after all - is it really all that serious a thing?

And for the record, Maya was already abusing him before she had any reason to suspect he was either a coward or a liar. Can't blame her behavior on that - she's just mean and he was in the wrong place at the wrong time (as usual).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 21:25   Link #408
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange Neus View Post
Anyone else starting to wonder if Maya has any other clothing than that slutty one piece (not counting her uniform)? At first I thought she just did it out of disrespect for her dad, but I'm really starting to worry here.
That one piece is alive and has been growing up with her!

It also does an amazing job of covering her panties despite her physical activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Loads of fun seeing everyone's knickers in a twist over Fumiaki (and the disagreement over what to call him). I guess I'm more tolerant of court jester types - he makes me laugh, and I forgive a lot for that. I really do see him as something of a victim, too - he never asked to be the kid who could bend spoons, or to be exploited because of it. He never asked to be born during the age of the collapse of civilization, or to be drafted into a job that had already killed five predecessors. He's just a sucker caught up in the tide of events. Is he a coward? Sure, so far - but it's not as if he's gone out of his way to hurt anyone. I'm not saying he's admirable but I also don't think he's worthy of the venom being spit at him. This is a comedy after all - is it really all that serious a thing?

And for the record, Maya was already abusing him before she had any reason to suspect he was either a coward or a liar. Can't blame her behavior on that - she's just mean and he was in the wrong place at the wrong time (as usual).
He did take credit for other peoples work though. And that's a huge nono.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 22:13   Link #409
Random Wanderer

Quote:

I don't think I'd be as annoyed with him if he hadn't at first seemed at least marginally competant. But in episode two he survived Maya's vicious spear attack (quite impressive, if you ask me), and the first thing he did when he held her off with the shield was not beg for his life (which is what I'd expect him to do based on episode 4), but rather ask for his phone back so he could complete his mission. That does not sound like an untrained, unmotivated, off-the-street conscript to me. Similarly, his arrival in her room that night through the window was not the action of a coward. He heard the glass break and he ran TOWARDS the potential danger, not away. Sure, he wasn't effective against the ghost, but his actions showed the proper motivation at least. I was ready to consider him someone who was out of his depth, but was at least trying.

Then episodes three and four came along and turned him into an idiot. The bait-and-switch probably accounts for at least some of my irritation.

As for Maya's treatment of him, do remember that her introduction to him was him appearing in front of her stark-freaking-naked, and then having him chase after her when she (quite justifiably) ran away. Shortly thereafter she took a picture of herself with his phone and got an image of a pile of bones. Girl has justification to be just a little bit unhappy with him.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 22:19   Link #410
FateAnomaly

Quote:
She just had a dozen or so copies of the same dress.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 22:20   Link #411
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Actually, I believe she was the one that set those explosives, else, how did the VP know that they had stumbled into the mothman site. This makes me think that

a)She's part of the evil paranormal organization;
b)She's part of the future organization sent back to assist the Abes(or even a possible Abe herself)
c)a combination of (a) and (b), with (b) taking precedence/priority over (a).

I'm thinking it's (c), taking into account of her helping Fumi look for the girls and opening that cave(since Fumi was reluctant to do it). It'd explain quite a bit actually, like, how she's so knowledgeable, the car, even though she's working at a restaurant, and perhaps even calling Abe "Fumiyaki" is part of her plan.
Yeah, I think we got that the first time you said it... '-_-
Old 2010-07-28, 01:15   Link #412
chinaboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Oh, they'll go that route, it just won't be until the end of the series. Maya is more than badass ebough to handle that requirement (with Smile and even JK helping out), and as stated, Bunmei's cowardice can help keep the humor level high...
I don't see how leaving someone to die is funny.
chinaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 01:37   Link #413
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaboat View Post
I don't see how leaving someone to die is funny.
Call it dark humor.

Finally got a chance to watch this ep. Loved it. That scene where Maya+Fumiaki followed by the Mothman run past Smile and JK... XD Comedic delivery and timing is just spot-on.

Damn though, Fumiaki, with the boastful lying... it's funny but, well, can't say I'm feeling as sympathetic for him anymore...
Old 2010-07-28, 02:20   Link #414
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
This episode just made realize that Fumiaki's is a long lost brother of Shaggy from Scooby Doo.
This comparison works, Shaggy has left behind the other members plenty of times. Speaking of Scooby-Doo, I thought the latest episode had Scooby-Doo vibes.
Quote:
I believe everyone is wearing the same set of clothes over and over again. And in Maya's case I don't mind.
Old 2010-07-28, 03:38   Link #415
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Then why did the male with the VP said he set the explosives like it was translated as....less the translation was bad.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 08:35   Link #416
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Yeah, I think we got that the first time you said it... '-_-
Well, nobody said anything, I thought people might have been scared to open it or something .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Then why did the male with the VP said he set the explosives like it was translated as....less the translation was bad.
The CR version, he simply said that the caves were sealed, not that he set the explosives. I don't know which one is right .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 10:08   Link #417
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
The CR version, he simply said that the caves were sealed, not that he set the explosives. I don't know which one is right .
My bad......I assumed he said something due to Japanese listening sometimes because the subs are sometimes not 100% right......I assume if he was to seal the caves then he would know about setting explosives.....Mikaze might be working with the VP but there is nothing about it....one thing might be money and how she got the Porsche by doing dirty work for them. That sounds logical.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 10:35   Link #418
ueXia

Quote:
Slutty one piece?
There's nothing slutty with her dress man

I've seen worse things in middle school.
And you gotta give her a praise, she's a damn sprinter with those high heels!
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 10:57   Link #419
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
i knew Abe is weak since he cant stand Mikaze's driving but did not expect him to be a big time liar... looks like this is another char that will find inner strength/reason to fight later and save the world in the end
I do have a feeling Abe/Bunmei/No. 6/Fumiyaki will die to prevent the alien invasion.

Flash forward to the present Maya will meet present day Fumiyaki.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 12:28   Link #420
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:

I'm also with Guardian. I find his character very tolerable. I also think the story requires him to be in such display of his character to set up the dramatic new-look affect about him that sure to take place in the latter part of the series. OP sequence pretty much gives away everything in regards to him where we see him bending a spoon without touching it. I think he is going to reach the god status pretty soon providing he stays away from Maya and from on-coming walls.

Btw, she is my favorite right now.

Maya used to be the favorite, but boy does that girl needs some severe spanking. On another note, one of her punch cured that nasty bump Fumiaki had on his forehead which inspired the following theorem:

+ =

Bump + Fist = No Bump

I think I'm onto something.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote