AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2022-10-11, 07:09   Link #141
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Can always count on mom to get you out of jail. I also think that she knew the people trying to get Miorine out. Glad she did come back as it looked like she was going to actually escape. I was confused by the ms at the end was it a Jeturk one or another faction? Elan being very curious about the gundam is intriguing but not sure if he's trustworthy yet.

Also Dear Mod, the 2 threads are confusing, I used this one since it was stickied.
Old 2022-10-11, 08:21   Link #142
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Also Dear Mod, the 2 threads are confusing, I used this one since it was stickied.
Gundam is a multimedia IP. Aside from the anime, a Gundam show usually have side-stories like manga & novels. Not to mention texts from model kit manuals that also enrich the world-building.

For people who only care about WFM anime, this is a good thread for them. Meanwhile, the general thread can be used to discuss the novella, model kit text, or even possible future-episode spoilers from magazines & other miscellaneous stuffs.
Old 2022-10-11, 08:58   Link #143
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
That's a fairly normal concept in some sci-fi series. Armored Core 4 and the later timeline years of Ace Combat series has them I believe where corporations basically took the place of countries. As well as Peter F Hamilton's Fallen Dragon sci-fi novel, which takes this concept of privatization to the extreme.

The keiretsus (conglomerate) in Japan also hold a lot of power though I don't think it's as cut throat as the Beneritt group here. If anything they have the opposite problem of keeping their underperforming branches alive.

The Samsung group from Korea is also ridiculously powerful, with 20% of South Korea's GDP/economy generated by them alone (...as well as political scandals involving high level politcians). It's also controlled by a family.
It does seem plausible given enough time. Maybe companies in the past decided to basically set themselves up in space away from pesky governments, grew like crazy and then started to dominate and monopolize space? Incidentally, most people in space seem to live on "fronts" - buildings on asteroids basically. Dunno if we'll see major colonies that are entirely man-made.

Quote:
Dueling with real weapons to resolve disputes is fairly common in the past in some countries, namely European and US with dying very much a risk.
Yup... and is pretty much why the rapier exists - it's a weapon optimized for dueling.

That being said, governments at the time were very much against it and it was illegal in most countries even while dueling was still common. Instead here, the dueling is coming from the top down. I guess we'll have to wait and see how popular it truly is.

I'd also add that duels were generally to settle matters of honor rather than direct benefits (getting the marry the "princess" of the "king").
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 15:01   Link #144
justavisitor

I am fine at corporation acting like a government.

It's just the dueling part. I understand we had dueling in the past, but there was a reason to take it away, and now we are going back in a far more advanced era? Not only that, they do it with freaking real ammo too. This is no different than a 17 years old using real firearm to duel it out They just mask it with good visual, catchy bgm, and gundam.

This is even more extreme than yu-gi-oh XD

I am not opposed to it, don't get me wrong. All stories must start somewhere. If that's what they want to start with, I am fine with it. I just feel they are walking a very fine line, between a great show, and make a complete fool on themselves. I sincerely hope it will be a good show. Time for mecha anime to make a comeback !
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 15:17   Link #145
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Gundam is a multimedia IP. Aside from the anime, a Gundam show usually have side-stories like manga & novels. Not to mention texts from model kit manuals that also enrich the world-building.

For people who only care about WFM anime, this is a good thread for them. Meanwhile, the general thread can be used to discuss the novella, model kit text, or even possible future-episode spoilers from magazines & other miscellaneous stuffs.
Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up.
Old 2022-10-16, 04:27   Link #146
Router25
World Connector. I think

Harem member getto!!!!
Old 2022-10-16, 04:28   Link #147
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So, after watching episode 3: Harem route unlocked!

This is an Otome Gundam story after all 😁
Old 2022-10-16, 04:59   Link #148
Marina2

One new harem member per episode!!??
Old 2022-10-16, 05:06   Link #149
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Harem stuff notwithstanding, I'm glad that this episode clued us in that Suletta did remember the incident from 13 years ago. We're just not sure how much Sule understand it. Did Prospera hide some facts from her? Does Suletta even realize that the Benerit Group were behind her dad's death? I mean, she doesn't even know what a Gundam is.
Old 2022-10-16, 05:51   Link #150
kuroyanagi

I see we're going the Cross Ange route of mixed-gender bisexual harem end Nice. No doubt Elan is not far behind in the line.
That being said, I still haven't warmed up to Guel after the uh, slave trader-y stuff he said in the 1st episode ("I was too lenient with you", "you're just a trophy" - seriously... barf), so I'm hoping this is not the end of his character development.

Anyways, the mobile suit fight was riveting. It's not just about Aerial having OP funnels, Suletta has some serious combat skills - evading, bait-and-switching, close combat etc. Guel put up a good fight, but alas, there was never any doubt as to who would win.
kuroyanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-16, 05:52   Link #151
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

I'll be surprised if Guel's intention is indeed genuine and not a ploy to one-up Suletta.
Old 2022-10-16, 05:55   Link #152
EroKing

Episode 3

Aha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
I'll be surprised if Guel's intention is indeed genuine and not a ploy to one-up Suletta.
The look in his eyes and expression suggest he has fallen for her.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 07:31.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-16, 06:00   Link #153
ryllharu

I honestly deeply enjoy the dichotomy they have with Suletta being very shy socially but cocky and overconfident when it comes to piloting. It makes sense. Her wish list of things to do are all social things that someone with her background never got to experience, and her world has probably been limited to just adults. But whenever it comes to piloting, her attitude shifts. Not in a stark or abrupt manner, but just that she has zero doubts that she and Aerial are the best. Telling Jeturk that her beating him wasn't a fluke with utter confidence in between in stammering and meek other statements was a great example of how they're handling it in an intelligent way.

It also feels like Jeturk didn't actually lose to her this time. The bumbling AI caused most of the damage to their latest gen MS. I wouldn't mind seeing a casual rematch between these two in matching MS units, just to see who's actually better as a pilot.

The duel system is ridiculous, but in a good way. Cheating is allowed as long as it looks like a normal system error, using an entire company's resources is allowed, and it is so overly formalized it feels like stupid kids playing stupid games with each other's livelihoods over completely stupid social infractions. It will be very satisfying to watch Suletta and her allies upend the entire status quo they have going.

And Miorine still can't pilot anything well without slamming into walls. Balance is maintained.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-16, 06:02   Link #154
quagmire

She will never accomplish the goal of dating. They are all going straight to marriage with her.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-16, 06:15   Link #155
Tenzen12

Well, putting aside harem antics, mustache twirling villains and everyone hating their dads, it still managed to be decent episode. I don't think it can keep up or get better, but at least I will still watch next episode and see if it can prove me wrong.

If nothing else it can't get more cringy then "please stop war, because I want f*ck enemy pilot" speach from 8th team.
Old 2022-10-16, 06:26   Link #156
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroyanagi View Post
Anyways, the mobile suit fight was riveting. It's not just about Aerial having OP funnels, Suletta has some serious combat skills - evading, bait-and-switching, close combat etc. Guel put up a good fight, but alas, there was never any doubt as to who would win.
It's too bad that Guel didn't pilot Darilbalde since the beginning cosidering the Suit's performance when he was in control was more lively. I also like all the tactical moves in this episode even though it's cheating . I'm glad Suletta won, but I also feel that we got robbed of a great Guel MS fight instead of a really really good MS fight. Oh well, Guel's not dead yet so maybe next time.
Old 2022-10-16, 07:06   Link #157
B214

So Guel decided to bypass Suletta's list and go directly to proposal. XD
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-16, 08:01   Link #158
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So, after watching episode 3: Harem route unlocked!

This is an Otome Gundam story after all 😁
Same opinion as Yaraon.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-16, 08:34   Link #159
Frontier

Just when you think Suletta and Miorine are going to commisserate as allies...Suletta would rather do normal high school stuff like making friends and going on dates than getting enlisted in Mobile Suit fights. Even her only objection with marrying Miorine is that she doesn't want to be tied down that quickly. Although I wonder how she'll fell when Miorine is finally of marriageable age ?

Lady Prospera may have the mask, but Guel has the red Mobile Suit patented for Char Clones. The Darrilbalde is a cool looking MS with a strong AI system, even if Guel doesn't think he needs it. But at this point they're making it a running gag that he gets slapped every episode when his father comes in .

Suletta in her undersuit! Suletta putting her socks on! And we even get the proper revel that Lady Prospera is Elnora with just her hair dyed! It's nice seeing her in mom mode again even if we know at this point she's using both of her daughters for her own plans while saying she's supporting them .

So in the records Suletta's dad was a Mercurian she met while living on the planet? Did they write off his death the same way they wrote off Elnora's face and arm ?

Suletta's the talk of the school and already getting ostracized, but not from Best Girl Nika! Who is also just fangirling around the Aerial. She'll definitely be an easier friend to have than Miorine .

"Thank goodness" Suletta is surprisingly savage !

Shaddiq is assigned by his father to investigate Suletta and the Aerial and find out what's going on...but seems like he has his eyes on Miorine too. And is quite the ladies man. I think I can see where this is going .

Just when it seems like Suletta and Miorine are going to have some alone time in her greenhouse, Elan shows up to start making progress on his own route...or to bring Suletta in for the duel commencement between her and Guel. Whatever works .

Look at the confidence, sass, legs, and rack of Secelia! She seems like your proper antagonistic female pilot! I wonder if she'll end up fighting Suletta at some point ?

Suletta is such a sweetheart! She just wants Guel to apologize to Miorine and she even defended him! She's such a good girl .

Dang, even if she's mostly snarking you out or complaining, I'd love to have Miorine as the support talking into my head .

The duel between the Aerial and Darrilbalde commences! Only it's most the MS running the show autonomously and Jeturk sabotaged the system so Suletta couldn't use most of her beam weaponry, putting her at even more of a disadvantage. But thisn't what Guel wanted .

Suletta's able to hold her own and take out it's arms despite this, but he has spares and they can also be Beam Sabers, so it's mostly just surviving .

I did not expect to see Miorine pilot something again (Mobile Crafts are construction-level Mobile Suits, huh?) but someone had to do something to back up Suletta and she got some payback from Guel's girl posse, so it all worked out

Guel didn't need the AI, he was able to fight the Aerial more adeptly on his own, but Suletta still wins by basically tackling his fin off. Yet all the same she is the first person to properly acknowledge his strength, and in awe of her...Guel straight up proposes marriage to her. Suletta's been proposed too by two different people in like two days. Is this what it feels like to be a Harem protagonist ?
Old 2022-10-16, 08:53   Link #160
Marina2

Look like tech of other company can keep up with Ariel's technology quite well.

Now, let see if Ariel has any new method to counter those anti- link field in episode 0.