AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-04-13, 16:51   Link #7021
typhonsentra

What the fuck are people even talking about with "Forced Drama"?

In case you haven't been keeping track 10 chapters have passed by since Utsumi confessed and she accepted and nothing has impeded their relationship whatsoever. The idea that this comic is this crazy emotional roller coaster is entirely baseless as every week people predict there will be this big misunderstanding or Touru will come in and ruin their relationship and it doesn't happen.

In the grans scheme of a Shounen comic by the way, it didn't even take that long for Utsumi and Yuki to get together by the way, and really how many misunderstandings were there? It happened a few times but she at least had a plausible reason to have trust issues. KNIM relies entirely on coincidental meetings to move the story forward. Watching the author try to work out a way to get Eba back into the story was like watching a group of people play Twister. Worse yet was that whole side story that he thankfully dropped with that one girl blackmailing him. Main guy literally just walked into the blackmail shots several times.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 17:42   Link #7022
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
What the fuck are people even talking about with "Forced Drama"?

In case you haven't been keeping track 10 chapters have passed by since Utsumi confessed and she accepted and nothing has impeded their relationship whatsoever. The idea that this comic is this crazy emotional roller coaster is entirely baseless as every week people predict there will be this big misunderstanding or Touru will come in and ruin their relationship and it doesn't happen..
In case you haven't realized it - I dropped this manga. Meaning I don't really fucking care what happens in it. I had my great impressions on it in the first 30 chapters or so, thank you very much. That shitty manga was just too depressing and too pessimistic to continue to read. Dropped it too early? 30 chapters isnt too early. And frankly I dont care how awesome it becomes later. Manga should at least give some enjoyment and if reading it makes you feel like suffering major toothache then there is no point in reading it.

KNIM I can suffer it through. Raging moments? yeah. Bad writing? Yeah. But I still can continue reading it, differently from GE and thats what it makes KNIM a better manga than GE for me.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 17:45   Link #7023
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Kawashita is pretty good too. Though the best art IMO is by Chihiro (Velvet Kiss). The heroine in there is drop-dead gorgeous.
I agree she's flaming hot, but to me Simca from Air Gear/Maya Natsume from Tenjou Tenge is cooking with nuclear fuel. I prefer Ito's drawings probably since I'm an art student and his anatomy is absolutely outstanding.(Plus you get to see Ito's girls from more angles .)

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
. Main guy literally just walked into the blackmail shots several times.
Haruto is seriously mentally challenged. I came to that conclusion a long time ago
Old 2011-04-13, 18:50   Link #7024
Riltz
⌂ Vulcan 300 ⌂

So...after all this "coincidences", how many chapters left for Haruto seeing Deus on his dreams and start getting texts of the future on his cellphone?

Actually im starting to root for Asuka, at least she is a very likeable character to me, shame this story is mostly centred on Haruto and Eba, specially when Seo skip all the process with Asuka as a "so after X years, now we are dating" like making the whole relationship half-assed, unless he plan for a massive flashback making it solid.
Riltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 18:55   Link #7025
eilee

you guys may hate Kimi no Iru Machi, but this manga is doing not bad in Japan.

the average vol sale number is around 2x more than GE. Remember we are not their target audience. They are not making money off us.
eilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 21:22   Link #7026
typhonsentra

Eh, saying it sells twice as much as the other is a bit misleading. We only have those charts on ANN to go by but even then most volumes of KNIM do between 40-50k in the first month (The most recent volume was the "Best performer ever" by virtue of being released earlier in the week than other recent volumes thus having more time to track) so the difference isn't that huge. Adding to the fact that one's from an established author it isn't really fair to compare sales in that way, not to mention that in general KNIM's sales have been on the decline for the past year or so. No danger of cancellation but it explains why the writing's been so erratic.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 22:06   Link #7027
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilee View Post

the average vol sale number is around 2x more than GE. Remember we are not their target audience. They are not making money off us.
lol, while its call that its just feeding Seo enough on the table ^^, whether it sell great or not doesn't mean it is not a bad manga... and also a little anime series IS selling tons but its craptastic.... its fine, people with bad taste are abundant in this world xD My problem is KniM could had been the best thing ever.... where did it go wrong... it could maybe sell more also...
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 08:36   Link #7028
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

The next chapter is out...

Spoiler for 133:
Old 2011-04-14, 09:04   Link #7029
Darknemo2000

Quote:
I really wish she had become a love interest for Haruto.
Amen to that. But she has long hair and she is awesome - meaning, it will never happen. Most love interests will be short haired, or if long haired then without such sparkly and interesting personality.
Old 2011-04-14, 09:08   Link #7030
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilee View Post

When has "popular" ever equaled "good"? The most popular manga are trash I would not be caught dead reading.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 09:11   Link #7031
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
When has "popular" ever equaled "good"? The most popular manga are trash I would not be caught dead reading.
Well they look from mangaka's perspective. Like writers you can claim to write for writing alone but you cant deny that bestsellers make your life so much easier. You can hate masses and spit on them but you always secretly hope that they like the stuff you do. GE - mangaka isnt a popular one, and I doubt that GE will be very successful manga in the end. Will stay mediocre, but will ensure a loyal circle of followers, yet will never make it really popular and true money maker.

On the other hand the issues tackled in GE will make it harder for the number of fans increasing at least at first in the new manga.
Old 2011-04-14, 09:22   Link #7032
lightbringer
M9000

Sure, everyone wants a bestseller. The popular mangaka know exactly what the majority of readers want and deliver it (or they happen to be lucky and hit on it by accident, I suppose that's also possible). But the majority of readers want trash This is not limited to manga, it's the same with novels and such.

About GE vs KNIM, I don't really compare them but IMHO both are rather mediocre. I just happen to like KNIM more because GE overuses the puppy eyes
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 09:28   Link #7033
Shadow5YA

A work does not need to be the best to sell. It just needs to be tolerable, and the majority are willing to tolerate a lot. After all, readers do not critically evaluate the writing quality when they read a work. As long it is interesting enough to read, people will buy it. Whether people love it and want to know what happens next or if they say "meh" and shelve it does not matter for sales.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 09:31   Link #7034
Darknemo2000

Quote:
GE overuses the puppy eyes
True. though I think its baby-fat that anoy me more in GE manga (though neither would have made me drop if I liked the plot or at least characters).

KNIM drawing is superior. Storytelling is meh, characters are meh (have some good ones but again the cast is big and ironically the good ones usually dont get enough focus like Kiyomi for example) but since I am still reading instead of dropping - I guess it is still fine.
Old 2011-04-14, 10:19   Link #7035
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

A full chapter on Kiyomi?

THANK YOU, JUST THIS ONCE SEO, YOU FUCKING TALENTLESS HACK.

Don't get used to it.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 10:46   Link #7036
SidVicious
Anime addict

Takashi...
Old 2011-04-14, 10:54   Link #7037
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

lol no wonder Haruto is an idiot. His best friend is one too.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 11:41   Link #7038
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
A full chapter on Kiyomi?

THANK YOU, JUST THIS ONCE SEO, YOU FUCKING TALENTLESS HACK.

Don't get used to it.

Amen

Iv had zero interest in commenting on this anymore till i read this chapter. My prayers were answered oh happy day. Fuck everyone else in this story just give me more Kiyomi and i will be one happy fan. Takashi wouldnt know what to do with it even if he had it. Me on the other hand

btw i love the translation for the insert cover with that hot ass pic of her

"She had a tragic love life in the past, who will be the one to unfasten this chest that appears to be bursting open any second now"

I volunteer to be the one to unfasten that chest and help her burst free

Last edited by Sinestra; 2011-04-14 at 13:56.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 13:18   Link #7039
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

You get the left one, I get the right.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 14:15   Link #7040
eilee

Quote:

when do i said anything about popular equal to good to you. But popular can equal to good to some people.

I see alot of people are hating on Bleach and naruto, at the end of the day, they are super popular. Rather you like it or not it's not that important. the most important part is does the manga sell or not. I read bakuman, on that manga it says something like "if you can sell 500k+ each vol, they can't really cancel your manga if it's a very bad manga or not popular."

You can write a very bad story. as long as you can keep the readers coming back for more. that's good writing for me.
eilee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life