Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-23, 13:01   Link #1
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Monkey Turn

Refreshing anime. Good music. Anyone seen it yet?
Old 2004-03-23, 15:07   Link #2
Za Paper

Only saw the first episode but I didnt like the animation in some parts. I think the CG looked cheap at certain points. The pacing felt awkward sometimes too, probably because they crammed too much story into the first ep. I also didnt like how some of the characters eyes were all black. I will give props to the music though, the op song is great as well.
Old 2004-03-23, 17:51   Link #3
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

It looks to me like Initial D in boats, with all of the cliches and none of the substance. I'm not to big a fan of the racing shonen genre, but I liked Initial D well enough. The first episode of this just felt lacking. I suppose fans of the genre might enjoy it more, though.

I agree about the CG, though in a couple of spots it looked alright.
Old 2004-03-24, 00:27   Link #4
Secca
nya`
*Artist

haha yeah, something about the character design, it could have been come out from the manga. I still couldn't tell who is who, everyone looks like a monk. >.<
Old 2004-03-24, 00:41   Link #5
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
I watched the first episode but i dident like this show at all. The only thing it seems to have going for it is the music and even that isent the best.
Old 2004-03-24, 02:04   Link #6
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
It looks to me like Initial D in boats, with all of the cliches and none of the substance. I'm not to big a fan of the racing shonen genre, but I liked Initial D well enough. The first episode of this just felt lacking. I suppose fans of the genre might enjoy it more, though.

I totally agree that they tried to make it too much like ID. I hope it gets better. Too early to judge. Just like ID, it may start off slow and a story develops and hopefully better CG.
________
Honda capa specifications

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:03.
Old 2004-03-24, 06:30   Link #7
marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd

Yeah, shonen racing shows have all of the cliches of sports anime and they're just not my thing, though Initial D managed to transcend that somehow.

But this has not.
Old 2004-03-24, 07:27   Link #8
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Btw talking about sports anime, is there really a boat racing school? and is monkey turn a real technique?

Before I watched Hikaru no Go, I really didn't know that there is an institute for Go, and they even have world championships and stuffs.
Old 2004-03-26, 19:52   Link #9
i luv Kare Kano

the only thing good bout this anime was the opening song. And alot of the guy characters look too similar, which makes the characters look way too plain
Old 2004-11-23, 05:33   Link #10
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Smile Monkey Turn (Powerboat Racing)

Hi Is anyone going to fansub this anime? It seems to be about powerboat racing - and I love motor racing

Has anyone heard about this anime? Well, here's a link for those who haven't
(it's rather incomplete, though): http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...nkey_turn.html

There's only one that "annoys" me. If someone can create a powerboat racing anime... why can't they create a bike / touring car / single seater (not to mention F1...) racing anime?!? XD

(Hmm... only now I realized this is a thread for anime that's already available in fansubs... so my apologies for that.)
Old 2004-12-14, 08:43   Link #11
-Flawless

I <3 monkey turn! i hope someone finishes subbing it -_- btw the op rock!
Old 2004-12-14, 13:29   Link #12
Qlash

Send a message via ICQ to Qlash Send a message via MSN to Qlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Flawless
I <3 monkey turn! i hope someone finishes subbing it -_- btw the op rock!
I second that Think I've seen the first 3 episodes and I love it
Old 2004-12-14, 17:28   Link #13
Taoku
Ore Futatabi Sanjou

Monkey Turn has been licenced by ShoPro Entertainment,which sucks because of their butchering ways .

ANN-Monkey Turn

ShoPro-Monkey Turn
Old 2004-12-15, 08:32   Link #14
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoku
Monkey Turn has been licenced by ShoPro Entertainment,which sucks because of their butchering ways .

ANN-Monkey Turn

ShoPro-Monkey Turn
ShoPro are basically middle-men, they only obtain licenses to sell on. If you look at their line up, none of the series they hold licenses on have been released by them.

There are a number of such companies who promote, organise and arrange the final license. As such, we (AnimeSuki) do not consider a series is licensed if picked up by such a company. It's only when someone who produces DVD/video releases or a TV station makes an announcement that we consider a series has been licensed.

ShoPro do have close ties with Viz but then, but I don't think all the titles ShoPro obtain have gone to Viz or if they do, there is some time before Viz announce the fact. If you take Zatch Bell for example, ShoPro announce the sub-license in June but it wasn't until October that Viz made the announcement they had the final licensing rights to the show.

So, currently this title hasn't been marked as licensed here on AnimeSuki (yet).
Old 2008-04-10, 10:05   Link #15
ninja_edicolas

Monkey Turn & Monkey Turn V

Any news about this series?
Closed Thread